Robomower

1 view

bonniejean

Jan 12, 2006, 6:00:26 AM1/12/06
Does anyone have one of these? Do you feel it was worth the money? Any
recommendations or advice?

Bonnie in NJ

Larry Bud

Jan 12, 2006, 9:39:33 AM1/12/06

bonniejean wrote:
> Does anyone have one of these? Do you feel it was worth the money? Any
> recommendations or advice?

Yes, I've had one for 3 years and love it. They've made improvements
to my model as well.

My lot is approx 120x50 (something like that), and it's very
irregularly shaped.

The mower is VERY quiet and you can run it at night. I live in a
secure enough area where I feel OK to leave it out at night and put it
back in the garage in the morning.

The only maintenance I've done is sharpen the blade each summer, and I
did have to replace the battery pack. However, you can do it cheaply
by opening the pack, look at the model # of the lead acid battery, and
order a couple online.

The mower does miss spots, and if the grass gets really crazy long and
wet, you will have to run it a couple of times before it gets to
looking good. Normal use it cuts just fine. But because it misses
spots, I run it every 2 or 3 days. Only takes a minute to get going so
it's no big deal at all. I usually let it run until the batteries
drain out.

The other problem I had, and it was my fault, was I had my lawn
aerated, but i forgot to tell the guy I had the mower, so the wire got
chopped up in 4 or 5 places. What a pain in the ass!

All in all I would highly recommend one.

Phisherman

Jan 12, 2006, 11:03:51 AM1/12/06

I have talked with an owner of Robomower. They work okay, but these
don't completely eliminate the need to manually mow. I would say that
these are not a "value" buy.

Larry Bud

Jan 12, 2006, 1:45:10 PM1/12/06

I haven't manually mowed with a regular lawn mower since I owned my
mower.

For those small spots that you might be able to get to automatically, I
just weed wack. Those are very small areas, however.

kyle york

Jan 12, 2006, 6:19:38 PM1/12/06
Greetings,

Odd, in four years I've yet to manually mow my lawn. The timesavings
alone makes this worth it for me. The only thing I *do* need to do is
edge, but I'd need to do so either way. Well worth the money considering
it's not much more than a good mulching mower.

--
Kyle A. York
Sr. Subordinate Grunt

bonniejean

Jan 13, 2006, 5:20:49 AM1/13/06
Thanks for the responses guys.

Bonnie

RicodJour

Jan 13, 2006, 3:27:06 PM1/13/06
bonniejean wrote:
> Does anyone have one of these? Do you feel it was worth the money? Any
> recommendations or advice?

I don't have one, so I don't have an opinion of my own, but here's a
link to others who seem to love the thing.
http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Lawn_and_Garden-Power_Tools-Mowers-Friendly_Robotics_Robomower/display_~reviews