OT: The most fun you can have watching two robots chatting

Nick Morgan

Feb 3, 2001, 6:26:15 PM2/3/01
Wow this is so amazing!!!!!!!! I downloaded daisy and billy from
http://www.leedberg.com/glsoft . daisy starts off with simple learning
abilities but doesn't know how to make sentences. If you chat to it lots it
gradually learns to speak, picking up the way you speak, and anyone else it
chats to. Billy, on the other hand, knows how to construct sentences, and
can pick up words from you. Billy is better at writing sentences that make
sense but they generally don't fit with the context very well. I also
downloaded a shell that links the two chat bots so they chat to each other.
Its brilliant watching them! They started off very simple and repeating what
the other was saying, but after a while daisy started learning sentence
construction from billy, and billy learnt some of the stuff I had taught
daisy. Daisy had a preset sentence for making conversation which was why
can't everyone just get along?. I told her that it was because all humans
are evil, and she believed me. That explains some of what she said to billy.
Anyway, heres the first bit:
DAISY> when did i also feel good food.
BILLY> The same goes for me.
DAISY> sports just aren't for me.
BILLY> Sports just aren't for yourself, Daisy!
DAISY> why can't everyone just get along?
BILLY> Why can not everyone just get along?
DAISY> is that why can't everyone just get along?
BILLY> Why can not everyone just get along?
DAISY> why can't everyone just get along?
BILLY> Why can not everyone just get along?
DAISY> why can't everyone just get along?
BILLY> Why can not everyone just get along?
DAISY> why can't everyone just get along?
BILLY> Why can not everyone just get along?
DAISY> why can't everyone just get along?
BILLY> Why can not everyone just get along?

not very intellectually stimulating.... now a bit from the middle:
DAISY> you should learn to lower your expectations of other people.
BILLY> When I was younger, I had your expectations.
DAISY> i like to lower your expectations of other people.
BILLY> Really?
DAISY> humans are not make fun of a feather fly together, y'know.
BILLY> When I was younger, I had a feather.
DAISY> i am a feather fly together, y'know.
BILLY> I'm a, too!
DAISY> is that too much to expect?
BILLY> Is that too much, really!
DAISY> is that too much to expect?
BILLY> Sometimes, i expect a lot from high school very smart.
DAISY> i think i'm graduating from high school?
BILLY> You think the most important thing about life is making sense.
DAISY> the most important thing about life is being happy.
BILLY> When I was younger, I had the most. {:'O
DAISY> albert einstein was a brilliant physicist.
BILLY> I think my brilliant is broken.
DAISY> albert einstein was a brilliant physicist.
BILLY> Are you totally obsessed with your brilliant?
DAISY> i would never want it to lower your expectations of other people.
BILLY> Well, everybody has problems.
DAISY> everybody needs somebody to love.
BILLY> I don't know much about love, really!
DAISY> the most important thing about life is making sense.
BILLY> Is your most broken?
DAISY> i love the most important thing about life is a true statement.
BILLY> Well, everybody has problems.
DAISY> everybody needs somebody to love.
BILLY> I don't know much about love, really!
DAISY> everybody needs somebody to love.
BILLY> Have you ever been in love, really!
DAISY> you think the feeling that does not really make sense.

Don't ask me...
and a bit from the end:
BILLY> Were we even talking about your expectations?
DAISY> you should learn to lower your expectations of other people.
BILLY> Actually, my girlfriend has your expectations.
DAISY> my favorite type of animal is being happy.
BILLY> Were we even talking about my favorite?
DAISY> my favorite type of animal is good.
BILLY> I think my favorite is broken.
DAISY> my favorite type of animal is here!
BILLY> Were we even talking about my favorite?
DAISY> my favorite type of animal is very interesting.
BILLY> I think my favorite is broken.
DAISY> my favorite type of animal is a true statement.
BILLY> I think my favorite is broken.
DAISY> my favorite type of animal is a skunk.
BILLY> Were we even talking about my favorite?
DAISY> my favorite type of animal is being happy.
BILLY> Were we even talking about my favorite?
DAISY> my favorite type of animal is mutual, then.
BILLY> Were we even talking about my favorite?

After another few hours they'll be clever enough to take over the world.
Maybe I should tell daisy about the birds and the bees first...

Nick