Photoshop 3.0.5 question

Eggs Xactly

Feb 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/16/98

Things have been fine until yesterday. I always use an image size of
11x8 with 72 pixels/inch. Now all of a sudden when I call up a new
image the size on the screen is 5.5x4 inches. Checking the new window
info and the image size box indicates that it still 11x8. What did I
do that made my box half-size? The help files say that whats in the
image size box should be whats on the screen. What did I click wrong
or did it just crash? Thanks and a tip of the Hatlo Hat.