Pretty Park Virus

Aran

Feb 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/29/00
Some numbnuts just sent me pretty park. I hate these little "I can't
hack, but I can spread disease" warez bastards. I'm pretty sure that it
was sent to me alone (although I was a BCC), but I'm sending this out to
all mailing lists I'm on and NG I frequent, just to make sure everyone
else is aware that people are still sending this crap out. My apologies
if you get this more than once, but you shouldn't be subscribed to so
many mailing lists. :> For more info, go to
http://www.mcafee.com/viruses/prettyworm/

--
"Pain is better than emptiness, emptiness is better than nothing,
and nothing is better than this."

Letterbomb

Mar 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/1/00
On Tue, 29 Feb 2000 13:57:15 -0500, Aran <ar...@idrecords.com> wrote:
>Some numbnuts just sent me pretty park. I hate these little "I can't
>hack, but I can spread disease" warez bastards. I'm pretty sure that it
>was sent to me alone (although I was a BCC), but I'm sending this out to
>all mailing lists I'm on and NG I frequent, just to make sure everyone
>else is aware that people are still sending this crap out. My apologies
>if you get this more than once, but you shouldn't be subscribed to so
>many mailing lists. :> For more info, go to
>http://www.mcafee.com/viruses/prettyworm/

Of course, the thing about this worm is that it mails *itself.* So
it's not like some numbnut is doing it intentionally.

I got sent it myself. Getting rid of it's pretty easy. Symantec also
has a page for it.

Letterbomb
Nothing is static. Everything is evolving. Everything is falling apart.
ICQ: 16386278

Kris

Mar 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/1/00
I'm debating whether the two of you are luckier than I or not... I had Sub7 on
my computer *shudder*... and due to my laziness (Leo's procrastinating must be
influencing me or something :P *runs like hell from Leo*) my virus killer
bizzos weren't able to handle it... ended up formatting the HD and losing the
vast majority of everything I had worked on for the past two months and more,
despite moving as much as possible to my bro's HD via means of slave driving
his to mine. *grumble* And I lost money off my paycheck for it too...

Love and Bruises,
~Kris ... is The Lil Bl00 Munchkin ... She can be found at sk...@velvet.net ...
or in the candy aisle in your local supermarket ...

Naveen

Mar 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/2/00
Hello,

Which antivirus were you using?

Have your got any latest antivirus scanner Presently??

Fully functional evaluation copies can be downloaded freely from

http://www.pspl.com/download/download.htm

See the information on new variant of Pretty Park virus is available at:

http://www.pspl.com/virus_info/trojans/prettyparkunp.htm

Thanks
Naveen
http://www.pspl.com