Jackie O foresaw son's death

PUSSSYKATT

Jul 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/11/00
NY POST....By ANDY SOLTIS
---------------------------------
Jackie Onassis had premonitions her son, John F. Kennedy Jr., would die in his
own plane - and several people, including Mike Tyson, warned him against
flying, a new book says.

"The Day John Died," by Christopher Andersen, describes Kennedy as resisting
years of family pressure to give up his dream of flying.

Among the book's revelations:

* Onassis forbade her son from getting his pilot's license, and on her death
bed pleaded with companion Maurice Tempelsman to "do whatever it took" to keep
John from flying because of her recurring premonitions that John would die
piloting his private plane.

* Kennedy's wife, Carolyn Bessette, often preferred a commercial flight or
driving to flying in her husband's plane because, she told a friend, "I don't
trust him."

* Two days before they died, John apparently enlisted sister-in-law Lauren
Bessette's help to overcome Carolyn's fear of flying that weekend to Hyannis.

"Oh, come on now, we'll have fun," Lauren was overheard saying over lunch.

* Although John was staying at the Stanhope Hotel on the Upper East Side
because "my wife kicked me out" of their TriBeCa loft, he and Carolyn had
worked out their marital problems and were seriously considering having
children.

* Four months earlier, while interviewing Tyson for a George magazine article,
Kennedy was told by the boxer: "You're crazy to fly."

"You don't know what it's like up there alone," Kennedy replied. "You don't
know what the feeling is like."

Kennedy laughed off Tyson's claim that he'd rather be knocked out than be "in a
one-engine plane made of tin-foil and wool."

He also ignored Tyson's warning: "John, if you are going up there, don't take
anybody you love with you."

Kennedy, Carolyn and Lauren died last July 16 when his Piper Saratoga crashed
in a haze off Martha's Vineyard en route to a family wedding.

The National Transportation Safety Board last week said the likely cause was
Kennedy's lack of experience flying alone at night.

Andersen said Kennedy got a faulty weather report of "no adverse conditions"
based on a relatively new Federal Aviation Administration weather scanning
device.

The NTSB quoted a tower manager at Martha's Vineyard as saying the visibility
and weather was "probably a little better" than reported by the FAA.

Another new book, "Patrick Kennedy: The Rise to Power," says some family
members wouldn't fly with Kennedy because he suffered from previously
unreported dyslexia.

Author Darrell M. West of Brown University said dyslexia would account for what
the NTSB described as Kennedy's spatial disorientation.

SEND EMAIL TO PUSSS...@aol.com

AGC FAQ and FUN STUFF
http://members.aol.com/pusssykatt/agcfaq.html

Elaine Gallant

Jul 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/11/00

Both Jackie's step son and brother-in-law went down in planes they were
flying. Is it any wonder she didn't like the idea of John-John flying?

At least in the end, Jackie probably ended up saving Daryl Hannah's life.
She discouraged John Jr. from dating her.

"PUSSSYKATT" <agcgoss...@aol.com> wrote in message

CRobin4564

Jul 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/11/00
>* Four months earlier, while interviewing Tyson for a George magazine
>article,
>Kennedy was told by the boxer: "You're crazy to fly."

Oh great, advice from Mike Tyson...that's certainly someone who I would listen
to. Did he also give John marriage advice?

Tuft Spice

Lady Taker

Jul 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/11/00
CRobin4564 said:
>Oh great, advice from Mike Tyson...that's certainly someone who I would
>listen
>to.

True, but it does prove out that old saying: "Even a stopped clock is right
twice a day."

> Did he also give John marriage advice?

If he did, let's hope it was in the same day.

Volfie -> hey, I tell everyone not to fly 'cause it isn't safe but do I get any
credit for it? Noooooooooo. Just visits from Dr.s and some in-house patient
counceling....

Frank Sinatra

Jul 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/11/00
What a load of crap. Jackie was an old skeeze with an IQ of about 85, and the
only thing she was good at, apart from picking out Chanel suits, was lying
under men who could put her on easy street.

Also, her eyes were five inches apart, and she had bad teeth.

A tip from Frank: Remember, "diversity" means "getting rid of all the
Republicans," so adding a black female Republican to a committee of white male
Democrats will actually make it LESS diverse.

Elaine Gallant

Jul 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/12/00

I took it the other way. If even Mike Tyson doesn't like it, it has GOT to
be a very bad idea. Tyson will do about anything. In any case, Tyson was
right.