Matthew Perry thinks he's "special"

PUSSS...@aol.com

Jul 1, 2006, 9:23:31 AM7/1/06
NY POST/PAGE SIX...
LET'S hope Matthew Perry's new sitcom, "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip,"
is a hit - because Hollywood's hottest TV producer, Darren Star, won't
ever work with him after the run-in the two had this week at a Los
Angeles movie theater.

According to several sources, Star arrived at the AMC Century 14 in
Century City the other night with a close friend and the friend's
11-year-old niece and 15-year-old nephew to see "Superman Returns."

"Everyone was very excited," one source said. "Darren didn't want to
see the movie at the premiere or screening - he explicitly wanted to
see it on opening night as a paying customer. It is a magical
experience."

After buying tickets, Star's group found four seats together, "but they
had tape over them, as if they were reserved - like they do at
premieres," we're told. "But movie theaters do not reserve seats, and
this was not a premiere, so Darren lifted the tape and his group sat
down."

Moments later, a theater employee came up to the "Sex and the City"
creator and said, "You can't sit here. These seats are reserved." When
Star objected, the employee threatened to call security, prompting Star
to ask, "Who are they reserved for?"

The employee said, "Matthew Perry." Star replied: "Well, you tell
Mathew Perry that Darren Star is sitting in his seats because I got
here first and this is not a premiere or a screening." The employee
shuffled off and came back moments later saying, "Matthew Perry would
like to speak with you."

Another eyewitness said: "Perry was in the hallway outside of the
theater with a group of three adults, looking very annoyed. When Darren
got there, he demanded to know why Darren was in his seats."

After the two bickered for a bit, Star finally said, "Look, I am here
with a friend and two children. Do you really want us to move?" Perry
snipped: "Yes."

Star's group moved, but he's said to be still fuming over the incident.

Star declined comment. Perry, via his rep said, "I really enjoyed the
movie, although it is slightly implausible that a man can fly." A
customer service manager for the theater said, "No, we don't reserve
seats. Not even for celebrities."

One Hollywood insider laughed: "Matthew Perry thinks he is so special,
he has to call up and reserve his seats? I mean, come on - 'Friends'
has been off the air for years now."

Messalina

Jul 1, 2006, 10:56:26 AM7/1/06

Shut up Matthew Perry, the Century 14 is not the Arclight.

Shut up Darren Star, were those the only four seats in the house?

Mez

Agent Smith

Jul 1, 2006, 9:31:26 PM7/1/06
PUSSS...@aol.com wrote in

> After buying tickets, Star's group found four seats together, "but
> they had tape over them, as if they were reserved - like they do at
> premieres," we're told. "But movie theaters do not reserve seats, and
> this was not a premiere, so Darren lifted the tape and his group sat
> down."

I'm sorry but I'm on Perry's side. There's no law that says a theatre
can't reserve seats on any day it wants to. They're in business to make
money,and inside their walls they get to make the rules about how
business gets done. It's a friggin free country, fer chrissakes.

Star had no business taking seats so obviously reserved for someone
else. If he wanted to enjoy the magical experience that paying
customers have on opening night, he should have been prepared to suffer
with the crowd and accept four seats that weren't together, just like
the rest of us would have.

What a vin prick. If he wants to be treated like a VIP, he should act
like one. If he wants reserved seats, he should make reservations.
What a ditz. ;-( ;-O