Family Tree Maker e-mail address

John Titterton

Jan 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/21/97

Greetings

In November 1996 I purchased Family Tree Maker on CD but,
because I live in Darkest Africa, the latest version
available was 3.0. I did what I was asked and registered
my software with Broderbund in the US via snail mail.

With my purchase I was informed that I was eligible for
a free upgrade to the Windows 95 version and requested
this with my registration.

I have not heard from Broderbund since and cannot find an
e-mail address on their www site. I don't think they want
us to talk to them.

Has anybody got an e-mail address where I can send mail to
enquire what is going on with the promised software?

Thanks in advance

John

--
JOHN TITTERTON
INTELEC - int...@iafrica.com

PERRIN, Thomas W.

Jan 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/21/97
to John Titterton

Try fax: 1-415-382-4419
There's also a Broderbund Software Forum on Compuserve

Try through the personnel department at:

Res...@broderbund.com

ask them to direct the inquiry to the appropriate department.

Tom Perrin
In Darkest New Jersey

E111416

Jan 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/22/97

Hi John ! Try "www,familytreemaker.com". Hope it does the job; I had the
same problem. Ask for Ver 3.4 on CD ! E11...@aol.com
C E EMA 1502 La Loma DR, Santa Ana CA 92705-3061

brid...@aol.com

Jan 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/30/97

In article <32E477...@iafrica.com>, John Titterton
<int...@iafrica.com> writes:

>In November 1996 I purchased Family Tree Maker on CD but,
>because I live in Darkest Africa, the latest version
>available was 3.0. I did what I was asked and registered
>my software with Broderbund in the US via snail mail.
>
>With my purchase I was informed that I was eligible for
>a free upgrade to the Windows 95 version and requested
>this with my registration.
>
>I have not heard from Broderbund since and cannot find an
>e-mail address on their www site. I don't think they want
>us to talk to them.
>
>Has anybody got an e-mail address where I can send mail to
>enquire what is going on with the promised software?

Hi John. I just contacted BroderBund today by phone to see what
happened to my upgrade (I registered by mail in Dec) and they said that
they have received thousands of registrations and requests for upgrades
and are several months behind. They took my request over the phone and are
supposedly sending out my upgrade. Unfortunately, I used an 800 telephone
number which I am sure you cannot use from the deepest, darkest Africa!
The woman on the phone suggested, however, that I use E-mail for any
future orders. By the way, I bought FTM in a store in New York in Dec and
got version 3.0!
If you are interested in their direct number it is 510-794-6850, but
it's in CA and will cost you a fortune to call. Good luck.

Bridget
Brid...@aol.com

wil...@aol.com

Jan 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/30/97

In article <19970130100...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
brid...@aol.com writes:

>ed BroderBund today by phone to see what
>happened to my upgrade (I registered by mail in Dec) and they said that
>they have received thousands of registrations and requests for upgrades
>and are several months behind.

Must be why I am not registered YET. I ordered my upgrade to version 3.4
from FTW's online site, and the package came with no registration card. I
can't find it now, but when I got the package there was something that
said because I ordered via the internet, I was ALREADY registered. But
when I tried to check out the free software "available only to registered
3.4 owners", I couldn't get in! Apparently my registration is not
complete yet. Sent a request two days ago (thru the guest book area)
asking what was going on, and still waiting for a response.

Martha E. Knowles --- Wil...@aol.com
"Judge each day not by the harvest,
but by the seeds you plant."
Orlando, FL --- USDA zone 9

Paul Burchfield

Jan 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/30/97

In article <32E477...@iafrica.com>, John Titterton <int...@iafrica.com> wrote:
>Greetings

>In November 1996 I purchased Family Tree Maker on CD but,
>because I live in Darkest Africa, the latest version
>available was 3.0. I did what I was asked and registered
>my software with Broderbund in the US via snail mail.
>
>With my purchase I was informed that I was eligible for
>a free upgrade to the Windows 95 version and requested
>this with my registration.
>
>I have not heard from Broderbund since and cannot find an
>e-mail address on their www site. I don't think they want
>us to talk to them.
>
>Has anybody got an e-mail address where I can send mail to
>enquire what is going on with the promised software?
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>John

Due to your location, it appears that whoever sold you your version
did not have current inventory. Family Tree Maker version 3.0 for
Widows was released in October of 1995. That verison was still a
16-bit one but we were developing a 32-bit version. Thus, we promised
those who registered their version of 3.0 a free upgrade to the
Windwos 95 version. And in February of 1996 we released version 3.01.
Beginning with that version every copy of Family Tree Maker for
WIndows comes with both a Windwos 95 (32-bit) and Windows 3.1x
(16-bit) version. We did a mailing to those who had registered version
3.0 telling them about the bnew version and offering it to them for
only the costs of shipping and handling.

Unfortunately, we can't help the fact that you bought a version that
was over a year old at a time when we were shipping version 3.4 of
Family Tree Maker for Windows. We do have a 90-day money-back
guarantee to help people in this case. With proof-of-purchase our
customer serviced epartment can arrange to have the latest version
sent to you at no charge. To take advantage of this, contact them by
telephone at 415-382-4700 (M-F 6:30am-4:30pm PT or by fax at
415-382-4419.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Paul Burchfield Visit our Web site:
Broderbund Software, http://www.familytreemaker.com/
Banner Blue division

sew...@aol.com

Jan 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/30/97

.You have to sign on with the FTM software open and use the online button
to sign on, then you register on the open FTM page. You should get a
welcome page that asks for some information like your e-mail address or
something. I don't remember just what it asked for. To be able to access
these pages, you must *always* enter the site thru the FTM software. The
site cannot recoginize you as a registered user unless FTM is open. I
think you might have to log off and back on, but might be mistaken. I know
this is true when making your web page or posting your messages. You can
use other areas of the site without having FTM open, however. Hope this
helps.

Linda

Randy and Lori Alliani

Jan 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/30/97

You don't have to log off, but I have to close my browser if it's
already open.

I have a question. When I got FTM and installed it, a screen came up
with the option to register online. My husband was on the phone at the
time so I could not (I really need two lines!), but was anxious to try
the program and figured I'd come back to the registration part. Now I
can't find the registration part. Can any one help?

Thanx in advance!
Lori