Family Tree Maker 5 Upgrade

Linda K. Coram

Sep 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/4/98
I bought FTM 4.4 in the middle of June. I've decided to get the 5.0
upgrade. Went to the FTM site and clicked on "upgrade" and saw a
notice that the cost was $19.95. I'm confused. I thought that the
upgrade from 4.4 to 5 was "free". What gives?? Can't it just be
downloaded from the FTM site? Kay in Dayton, OH

Lawrence E. Oliver

Sep 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/4/98
The upgrade is free if you bought within 90 days. However, you need to call their order line (1-800 something - check their website for this number).

Lawrence

Jules Schlechter

Sep 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/4/98
Linda,

Call the 800# in the manual. There is a free 90 day upgrade period from the
time of purchase/registering to the release of the upgrade. They'll look the
other way for a few days beyond. Customer service is good. Make sure you get
ver 5.0a FTM patch
that takes care of some problems in ver. 5.0.

Hope this helps

Jules Schlechter

Bob & Isabell Schenk

Sep 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/7/98
Unfortunately, upgrades have always been at a cost. Since you just bought in
June, you might email them and see if you can get a free upgrade.

seg...@my-dejanews.com

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98
In article <6t1cp5$1oe2$1...@news.gate.net>,

Upgrading from 4.4 to 5.0 costs $$ UNLESS you bought 4.4 within 90 days of the
announcement date for 5.0 The announcement date was July 1998, so you should
contact them about a free upgrade. It will be a new CD (not a download).

Upgrading from 5.0 to 5.0a is a free (for everyone with 5.0) download.

Alex

--
Alex C. Seggie, seg...@my-dejanews.com
942 Meadowlands Dr, Ottawa, Canada K2C 0K3