WoW will be a movie!

mike allegretto

May 9, 2006, 2:19:08 PM5/9/06
WoW Heads To Movies

The hit online game World of Warcraft is heading to the big screen, as
Warner Brothers-based Legendary Pictures has picked up film rights and
will develop the project with game publisher Blizzard Entertainment,
which is owned by Vivendi, Variety reported.

World of Warcraft, a massively multiplayer online role-playing fantasy
game, has more than 6 million subscribers who not only team up to go
on quests, but also interact and form deep social relationships, the
trade paper reported.

The only other video games that rival World of Warcraft are the Grand
Theft Auto and Halo franchises. Universal and Fox are revising a
script for Microsoft's Halo movie, with hopes to release it in the
summer of 2007, though they may have to push back that date since the
movie doesn't even have a director yet. Universal is owned by NBC
Universal, which also owns SCIFI.COM

This was posted to scifi.com today.

downsized_diva

May 9, 2006, 10:18:06 PM5/9/06
I would love to see it.

mike allegretto

May 9, 2006, 10:24:12 PM5/9/06
On Tue, 9 May 2006 22:18:06 -0400, "downsized_diva"
<chick...@comcastremovethisnow.net> wrote:

>I would love to see it.

I can't wait to see the Scourge onscreen in digital stereo!
hehehehe!!!!

Eric Hawman

May 9, 2006, 10:41:59 PM5/9/06

"mike allegretto" <rall...@stny.rr.com> wrote in message

I'm sure we all dream of our favorite games, EQ or WoW, to be done as
3-hour Lord of the Rings type epics. The sad history shows Super Mario
Brothers
or BloodRayne are more likely: 90 minutes, no cinematography to speak of,
wooden actors, a production team that is just Unclear On The Concept.

Just going to wait and see...

EJH

ΠοΕίφ₯ψ§©

May 10, 2006, 12:36:58 AM5/10/06

"mike allegretto" <rall...@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
Hope the end-movie is better than the end-game.

RogerM

May 10, 2006, 12:46:17 AM5/10/06

Right. Good point.

Marco Dieckhoff

May 10, 2006, 2:29:11 AM5/10/06

rotb...@gmail.com

May 10, 2006, 5:43:41 AM5/10/06
Great... Ogrimar will be swamped with Hollywood-types shouting into
their cell phones while sipping espressos.

At least I'll get to practice my pick-pocketing.

ModernCelt

May 10, 2006, 10:30:35 AM5/10/06

Those pansies actually drink lattes. They would choke on real espresso.
So, no, they will not like Ogrimmar. Darnassus perhaps, there was a
Starbuck's near the priest trainer last time I checked.

Fingion, Undead Rogue of Imminent Death on Boulderfist

--
The way you think it is, may not be the way it is at all.
St. Oran

ScratchMonkey

May 10, 2006, 5:36:30 PM5/10/06
ModernCelt <syws...@ptd.net> wrote in news:AsudnVzf3Y-...@ptd.net:

> Those pansies actually drink lattes. They would choke on real espresso.
> So, no, they will not like Ogrimmar. Darnassus perhaps, there was a
> Starbuck's near the priest trainer last time I checked.

Nah, Darnassus is a tea town. You might find lattes in Ironforge. 90 proof
lattes.

ScratchMonkey

May 10, 2006, 5:38:21 PM5/10/06
How long will we need to grind in line to get into the theater?

Will there be Epic Popcorn?

Everyone under 40 will have to sit on the floor. 40-59 get wood chairs
while 60 and up get Lazy Boys.

Super Lurker

May 11, 2006, 1:36:57 AM5/11/06
mike allegretto <rall...@stny.rr.com> wrote in

whats the link? I can't find it

Taras Bulba

May 11, 2006, 2:59:22 AM5/11/06

mike allegretto wrote:
> WoW Heads To Movies
>
> The hit online game World of Warcraft is heading to the big screen, as
> Warner Brothers-based Legendary Pictures has picked up film rights and
> will develop the project with game publisher Blizzard Entertainment,
> which is owned by Vivendi, Variety reported.

How long will we have to wait outside the theatre before they
authenticate us.

TB

U-Boat

May 11, 2006, 3:59:44 AM5/11/06
I don't know about the Horde, but for the Alliance this new movie is
going to be fairly easy.

The production house will base in Ironforge for the scouts to pick up
talent outside the Auction House and Bank. There will be a Gnomish
Barista set up near the Alchemy Trainer in Tinkertown with the
Engineering Supplies vendor selling a new Schematic: Popcorn Machine.
The schematic will require 1 Copper Modulator, 1 Bronze Framework and 1
Elemental fire. The device will be useable by anyone with Cooking 200
and require the reagents Popping Corn which is sold by a reagent vendor
and the Cooking Supplies vendor will have the Popcorn Butter reagent.

Due to the difficulty in filming in some places, scenes involving
Blackrock Mountain will be shot in The Great Forge with some set
dressing and clever camera angles. Scenes in Maraudon will be shot in
Old Ironforge, unless they can convince the Princess to vacate with the
promise of a free makeover at Elizabeth Arden. Scenes in Blackrock
Spire will be shot in the Forlorn Cavern in Ironforge with the Rookery
Eggs being substituted by left over egg props from the movie Alien.

The merchandising will be based out of the Craftsman's Terrace,
Darnassus with the T-Shirts being hand sewn from Runecloth. For some
reason, there's a Runecloth surplus in Darnassus and the Nightsaber
salesman is very happy. For those members of the Cast and Crew who wish
healthy food and healthy living, there is accomodation near the Inn in
the Craftsman's Terrace. Accomodation, yes. Walls, no. The Paparazzi
are constantly being ejected from Darnassus by the Sentinels for this
very reason.

The media and the press will be situated in Stormwind with Lady Prestor
taking on the role as Publicist. Unfortunately the last Press
Conference was cut short after Marshall Windsor arrived from Blackrock
Depths with a couple of stone tablets. The media thought the dragonkin
guards were a nice touch and part of the publicity stunt. Any further
questions are to be directed to Lady O, The Wyrmbog.

Nate Engle

May 11, 2006, 12:21:02 PM5/11/06
ScratchMonkey wrote:
> ModernCelt wrote

>>Those pansies actually drink lattes. They would choke on real espresso.
>> So, no, they will not like Ogrimmar. Darnassus perhaps, there was a
>>Starbuck's near the priest trainer last time I checked.

> Nah, Darnassus is a tea town. You might find lattes in Ironforge. 90 proof
> lattes.

Darnassas is an herbal tea and aroma therapy town.

FullGUI

May 11, 2006, 11:27:45 AM5/11/06
I wonder if a 60 will gank me while I gather my tickets...

Paul Vader

May 11, 2006, 11:37:11 AM5/11/06
"U-Boat" <rico_a...@yahoo.com> writes:
>Elemental fire. The device will be useable by anyone with Cooking 200
>and require the reagents Popping Corn which is sold by a reagent vendor
>and the Cooking Supplies vendor will have the Popcorn Butter reagent.

WTB.

>dressing and clever camera angles. Scenes in Maraudon will be shot in
>Old Ironforge, unless they can convince the Princess to vacate with the
>promise of a free makeover at Elizabeth Arden. Scenes in Blackrock

There is not enough heavy explosive in the world to make the princess look
presentable. *
like corkscrews.

Lokari

May 11, 2006, 1:48:52 PM5/11/06
"Eric Hawman" <ejha...@ameritech.net> wrote:

>I'm sure we all dream of our favorite games, EQ or WoW, to be done as
>3-hour Lord of the Rings type epics. The sad history shows Super Mario
>Brothers or BloodRayne are more likely: 90 minutes, no cinematography
>to speak of, wooden actors, a production team that is just Unclear On
>The Concept.

We could get lucky. Resident Evil was really quite good, especially
for the genre.

The key thing will be for the movie / direct/ writers etc to not take
themselves too seriously, nor to go for pure camp. A favorite example
is Lake Placid.

--
Exodus 22:18 can kiss my pagan ass
www.lokari.net

mike allegretto

May 11, 2006, 1:59:30 PM5/11/06

http://www.scifi.com it was posted there yesterday. you will have to
go into their news section and search a bit.