Shadow Complex Great Game

瀏覽次數:3 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

ks...@4email.net

未讀,
2009年9月13日 上午9:23:592009/9/13
收件者:
I'm a little late to the party , I know , but I just had to say how
much I enjoyed this game. It's ode to metroid side scroller goodness
shines through and through.

I started the game on Insane difficulty , just for the xtra XP boost
and I'm glad I did even on the hardest difficulty the game isn't to
hard , but insane was just hard enough to give me a few controller
smashing moments.

Probably one of the best games on XBLA .

I managed to squeeze 16 hours out of it by exploring every hidden nook
and cranny.

A quick travel might've made the game more tolerable in some of the
back tracking quests to find items you missed, but then again if you
quick travel everywhere ,are you really playing the game or just
quickly running to each quick travel area and doing the next thing?

In a way I'm kinda glad there's no quick travel, I like running
supersonic and jumping all over the place.

Shadow should win some awards , it really is a solid XBLA game and
would give many $60 retail titles a run for their money. 16 hours if
you take your time and about 6 if you play normal and just do enough.

I'm playing again on level 50 to get the 100% completion cheevo

Jonah Falcon

未讀,
2009年9月13日 晚上7:37:242009/9/13
收件者:

> Shadow should win some awards , it really is a solid XBLA game and
> would give many $60 retail titles a run for their money.

Not sure about that, but it's worth $15

ks...@4email.net

未讀,
2009年9月14日 凌晨12:59:192009/9/14
收件者:

I am very sure about , this XBLA game is better than many $60 retail
games.

The alMIGHTY N

未讀,
2009年9月14日 上午9:20:312009/9/14
收件者:

Two Worlds, Hour of Victory, Bomberman, Destroy All Humans,...

;-)

A couple of my friends played it and said it was awesome - a great
throwback to Metroid like you mentioned. The only problem with that
for me is that I *hated* Metroid on the classic consoles.

Then again, my tastes were much different back in the day and I
actually enjoyed the Metroid games on the SP and I think DS?

Jonah Falcon

未讀,
2009年9月14日 下午2:29:192009/9/14
收件者:
Not fair to compare it to BAD games. A pair of shoelaces is better value
than Bomberman Zero.

The alMIGHTY N

未讀,
2009年9月14日 下午5:32:352009/9/14
收件者:
On Sep 14, 2:29 pm, "Jonah Falcon" <jonahny...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Not fair to compare it to BAD games. A pair of shoelaces is better value
> than Bomberman Zero.

Did you miss: ;-)

I was just having some fun with ksdj1.

ks...@4email.net

未讀,
2009年9月14日 下午6:16:332009/9/14
收件者:
I stand by what I said, Shadow Complex is an awesome XBLA game
rivaling even high end retail games.

I liked it more than the new Wolfenstein.

The only thing I hated was the aiming , sometimes the aiming was hard
shooting off screen enemies in the foreground, but I got the hang of
it afterawhile.

The alMIGHTY N

未讀,
2009年9月14日 下午6:44:002009/9/14
收件者:
On Sep 14, 6:16 pm, "ks...@webtv.net" <ks...@4email.net> wrote:
> I stand by what I said, Shadow Complex is an awesome XBLA game
> rivaling even high end retail games.
>
> I liked it more than the new Wolfenstein.

Well, from what I've read about Wolfenstein, that's not saying that
much. :-)

> The only thing I hated was the aiming , sometimes the aiming was hard
> shooting off screen enemies in the foreground, but I got the hang of
> it afterawhile.

I downloaded the demo the other day so I'll have to give that a try
when I can free up some time.

Jonah Falcon

未讀,
2009年9月14日 晚上8:09:522009/9/14
收件者:
>I downloaded the demo the other day so I'll have to give that a try
>when I can free up some time.

Pure Metroidvania... with 3D in-engine cutscenes.

ks...@4email.net

未讀,
2009年9月15日 上午11:40:582009/9/15
收件者:

I liked it better than Halo3 campaign

YEAH yeah I know , that isn't saying that much either , but damn for a
XBLA game its pretty good

I heard there's a glitch that lets you play the whole game from the
demo , but you can't save

i heard about it after I purchased it

It makes sense because when I purchased it after the demo , the was
already loaded I didn't even have to download

The demo took me about 99% longer to download then when I actually
purchased it

alMIGHTY

未讀,
2009年9月15日 下午2:27:202009/9/15
收件者:
On Sep 15, 11:40 am, "ks...@webtv.net" <ks...@4email.net> wrote:
> On Sep 14, 6:44 pm, The alMIGHTY N <natle...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > On Sep 14, 6:16 pm, "ks...@webtv.net" <ks...@4email.net> wrote:
>
> > > I stand by what I said, Shadow Complex is an awesome XBLA game
> > > rivaling even high end retail games.
>
> > > I liked it more than the new Wolfenstein.
>
> > Well, from what I've read about Wolfenstein, that's not saying that
> > much. :-)
>
> > > The only thing I hated was the aiming , sometimes the aiming was hard
> > > shooting off screen enemies in the foreground, but I got the hang of
> > > it afterawhile.
>
> > I downloaded the demo the other day so I'll have to give that a try
> > when I can free up some time.
>
> I liked it better than Halo3 campaign

You *have* read my anti-Halo 3 comments all over the newsgroup,
right? ;-)

> YEAH yeah I know , that isn't saying that much either , but damn for a
> XBLA game its pretty good

That's what I keep hearing from people I personally know don't
overhype things like reviewers in awe of the latest incarnation of
Master Chief.

> I heard there's a glitch  that lets you play the whole game from the
> demo , but you can't save

Meh... I have no problem paying for a game when it's good.

> i heard about it after I purchased it
>
> It makes sense because when I purchased it after the demo , the was
> already loaded I didn't even have to download
>
> The demo took me about 99% longer to download then when I actually
> purchased it

That's the way it works with all XBLA games. The demos *are* the
games. When you purchase them, you're simply downloading a key that
unlocks the game into the full version.

0 則新訊息