What annoys you about newbie Tribesmen ??

GriBBsY

Feb 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/13/99
Tribes will shortly be released in the UK, no doubt it's gonna be big.
I'm trying to write a guide to stop some of the silly questions that
newbies ask b4 it hits the big time. I'd like to hear what annoys you
most about new players.

Any input appreciated. Cheers.
--
Gribbsy ![-TQPFKAC-]!
http://www.gribbsy.demon.co.uk ; ICQ 7623682

Uberseb

Feb 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/13/99

GriBBsY wrote in message <36C5BC8C...@thrustworld.co.uk>...

>Tribes will shortly be released in the UK, no doubt it's gonna be big.
>I'm trying to write a guide to stop some of the silly questions that
>newbies ask b4 it hits the big time. I'd like to hear what annoys you
>most about new players.
>
>Any input appreciated. Cheers.

Not realy annpying, but just something that is asked a lot:
-Deploying turrets, sensors, etc
-How to use the voices
-What the targeting laser is for (this really should be pretty obvious)
-How to use the targeting laser (the 2 triangles that appear)
-How to efectivley use the jetpack and conserve energy

That's about all I can come up with.

hamme...@my-dejanews.com

Feb 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/13/99
In article <36C5BC8C...@thrustworld.co.uk>,

GriBBsY <chur...@thrustworld.co.uk> wrote:
> Tribes will shortly be released in the UK, no doubt it's gonna be big.
> I'm trying to write a guide to stop some of the silly questions that
> newbies ask b4 it hits the big time. I'd like to hear what annoys you
> most about new players.

Good show. I don't find much about newbies annoying, we all had to learn at
some time. However, one thing that annoys me with any Tribes player, new or
not, tell them to learn how to use 'Favorites' when buying stuff! This
greatly decreases the time at the Inventory stations, and really increases
the overall enjoyment of the game for everyone. Most of the time I see folks
shooting other team members is in line waiting for someone to decide what
color armor to wear :) -- Hammer

ShishCoBob

Feb 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/13/99
I'm guilty of the first two but some guy was glad to help out.

Uberseb wrote:

> GriBBsY wrote in message <36C5BC8C...@thrustworld.co.uk>...

> >Tribes will shortly be released in the UK, no doubt it's gonna be big.
> >I'm trying to write a guide to stop some of the silly questions that
> >newbies ask b4 it hits the big time. I'd like to hear what annoys you
> >most about new players.

Terry Barber

Feb 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/13/99
1. Standing around IN the base using actions (cause they look kewl) while
their teammates are getting there butts whomped.

2. Thinking Good Defense is standing around in heavy suits using actions
(Cause they look kewl) while their teammates are getting their butts whomped
and the base is getting trashed.

3. Seriously though, they should really go to the Training servers and
learn to play there, that's what I did, and then move on into the more
serious games. In a training game I will actually jump in if I see one or
two people playing. Ask if they are new and then start to teach them the
game. None of the above is truly annoying, but can be devistating to a team
in a good serious game.

GriBBsY wrote in message <36C5BC8C...@thrustworld.co.uk>...
>Tribes will shortly be released in the UK, no doubt it's gonna be big.
>I'm trying to write a guide to stop some of the silly questions that
>newbies ask b4 it hits the big time. I'd like to hear what annoys you
>most about new players.
>
>Any input appreciated. Cheers.

Jaxxis X

Feb 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/13/99
The thing that REALLY pisses me and many others off is ship stealers, if
someone makes a ship don't go and steal it and take off, especially from me,
because i just shoot the ship down before they leave the base.

Jon Davis

Feb 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/13/99
I'll second that. The only things worse than TK'ers are vehicle thieves.

Xiaoth[SW]

Uberseb

Feb 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/13/99
Oh, and people who walk into your mines on a swich after you specifically
tell them that the switch is mined. And if you really, really need to step
on the switch even though your team has it, clear the mines first.

<end of semirant>

jsm...@tiny.net

Feb 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/14/99
Yep, some people never RTFM. It's amazing how many questions you see that
start out with, "How do I...". I'm seriously considering just listing
page numbers the next time someone askes something basic. :)

Uberseb <jdr...@direct.d.o.t.ca> wrote:

>GriBBsY wrote in message <36C5BC8C...@thrustworld.co.uk>...
>>Tribes will shortly be released in the UK, no doubt it's gonna be big.
>>I'm trying to write a guide to stop some of the silly questions that
>>newbies ask b4 it hits the big time. I'd like to hear what annoys you
>>most about new players.
>>
>>Any input appreciated. Cheers.

>Not realy annpying, but just something that is asked a lot:
>-Deploying turrets, sensors, etc
>-How to use the voices
>-What the targeting laser is for (this really should be pretty obvious)
>-How to use the targeting laser (the 2 triangles that appear)
>-How to efectivley use the jetpack and conserve energy

>That's about all I can come up with.

--
Jim Smilanich =PCI=SgtRock | "A man should be able to pilot a
jsm...@tiny.net | starship, plan an invasion, diaper

GriBBsY

Feb 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/14/99
Cheers for all the responses. An early version of the guide is up at the
URL in my Sig. for those that are interested. I've still got plenty more
to add though :)

Regards.

Marc Bublitz

Feb 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/14/99
I very much second that one since I've had the same thing happen to me on
more than 10 occasions. Defending the base alone, really kinda sucks.
(Though at least I don't have to worry about TKers while in an empty base...
:)

And I'm also in agreeance with the ship stealing bit mentioned elsewhere in
this thread. I had that happen to me three times in a row last night. And
to make it worse, they stole my ships, then immediately proceeded to run the
damn thing into the ground on their way out of the base! If they're going
to steal my ships, then they should at least know how to fly the damn
things!

-Drael

<ale...@home.com> wrote in message
s.net...

>On Sat, 13 Feb 1999 22:38:22 GMT, hamme...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
>
>>In article <36C5BC8C...@thrustworld.co.uk>,
>> GriBBsY <chur...@thrustworld.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Tribes will shortly be released in the UK, no doubt it's gonna be big.
>>> I'm trying to write a guide to stop some of the silly questions that
>>> newbies ask b4 it hits the big time. I'd like to hear what annoys you
>>> most about new players.
>>

>My only peeve is playing D&D with seven teammates and everyone rushes
>off to the enemy base. I end up being the whole base defense and
>repair man. I can't count how many times I've been fragged while
>working the turrets.

Buster Charlie

Feb 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/14/99

ale...@home.com wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Feb 1999 22:38:22 GMT, hamme...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
>
> >In article <36C5BC8C...@thrustworld.co.uk>,
> > GriBBsY <chur...@thrustworld.co.uk> wrote:
> >> Tribes will shortly be released in the UK, no doubt it's gonna be big.
> >> I'm trying to write a guide to stop some of the silly questions that
> >> newbies ask b4 it hits the big time. I'd like to hear what annoys you
> >> most about new players.
> >

> My only peeve is playing D&D with seven teammates and everyone rushes
> off to the enemy base. I end up being the whole base defense and
> repair man. I can't count how many times I've been fragged while
> working the turrets.

I do that EVERY fucking game, and the worst part? When I say 'defend my base'
NOBODY even Says 'no' or 'yes' they just ignore me, I hate this game because
everyone ignored their team members. It is so fucking frustrating to talk and
talk and ask for help and get NO response. So much for 'no man is a island'

Buster Charlie

Feb 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/14/99

Marc Bublitz wrote:

> I very much second that one since I've had the same thing happen to me on
> more than 10 occasions. Defending the base alone, really kinda sucks.
> (Though at least I don't have to worry about TKers while in an empty base...
> :)
>
> And I'm also in agreeance with the ship stealing bit mentioned elsewhere in
> this thread. I had that happen to me three times in a row last night. And
> to make it worse, they stole my ships, then immediately proceeded to run the
> damn thing into the ground on their way out of the base! If they're going
> to steal my ships, then they should at least know how to fly the damn
> things!
>
> -Drael
>
> <ale...@home.com> wrote in message
> s.net...

> >On Sat, 13 Feb 1999 22:38:22 GMT, hamme...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> >My only peeve is playing D&D with seven teammates and everyone rushes
> >off to the enemy base. I end up being the whole base defense and
> >repair man. I can't count how many times I've been fragged while
> >working the turrets.

HEre is what Prepose for a mod,bear with me, very simple mod.

When you build an aircraft, you get the ability to self destruct it, maybe its a
counsel command or maybe you could do in the commander screen, but I feel you
should be able to self destruct the last vehicle you bought. So next time an
asshole steals you jet you let him go and he thinks he's all that, but when you
blow the fuck out of this ass THAT will teach em.

Another tactical solution, if you drop your jet off near the enemy base, use it
as a bait car, so if an enemy takes it for a joy ride.... BOOM.

And If you don't WANT the anit-stealing device used for combat (bait jets, and
flying bombs) then you can impose a time limit on how long the builder has to
radio in a self destruct.

Darren Chriest

Feb 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/14/99
Yeah! This on REALLY pisses me off. If a guy is standing by the
vehicle pad while I'm buying a scout od somthing I'll shoot a couple
discs at him to give him a clue (if team damage is off that is).

I can't believe how many rude people there are that just can't seem
to find the time (like five seconds) to buy their own vehicles.

Jaxxis X wrote:

> The thing that REALLY pisses me and many others off is ship stealers, if
> someone makes a ship don't go and steal it and take off, especially from me,
> because i just shoot the ship down before they leave the base.
>

> GriBBsY wrote in message <36C5BC8C...@thrustworld.co.uk>...

> >Tribes will shortly be released in the UK, no doubt it's gonna be big.
> >I'm trying to write a guide to stop some of the silly questions that
> >newbies ask b4 it hits the big time. I'd like to hear what annoys you
> >most about new players.
> >

> >Any input appreciated. Cheers.

Darren Chriest

Feb 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/14/99
Damned good idea. I like it.

Shane

Feb 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/14/99
On 14 Feb 1999 10:03:55 PST, "Marc Bublitz" <mbub...@concentric.net>
wrote:

>Defending the base alone, really kinda sucks.
>(Though at least I don't have to worry about TKers while in an empty base...
>:)

Something I learned after my first two games was that a lot of the
players (mostly the team which is losing miserably is guilty of this)
seem to want to play Tribes like it was quake. Not many people seem
interested in laser targeting, repairing, setting up turrets, sensors,
cameras. Things which won't give you a high gib count or scroll you
name across the screen.

I wish they'd do away with the individual scores and stop the
scrolling text and just stick with a team score. I imagine that'd turn
some people off though; gotta get your ego strokes where you can I
suppose.

Bob Moret

Feb 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/14/99
A good another good one:

Down to 1 health and seeing a newbie with a repair pack doing some
sight-seeing.
Help me asswhite :)

Darren Chriest <dchriest@home!NOSPAM!.com> wrote in message

Darren Chriest

Feb 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/14/99
Yep, most of the time they don't even know they have a repair pack
having ran over it somewhere. After I repair whatever needs it the
most I start looking around at my buddies and run over to repair them
if possible, especially the heavies.

jsm...@tiny.net

Feb 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/14/99
Warning! My reply gets long.

A couple of comments. First, I think what you meant to say was they want
to play Tribes like it was Quake DM. In some respects, I think that the
Tribes team learned a lot from what worked and what didn't with Team
Fortress for Quake, and its descendants like Weapons Factory for Q2.
Unlike DM, CTF, or Loki's Minions CTF, both TF and WF require that a team
have a good mix of classes in order to have any chance of winning. Some
classes are better for defense, some are better for offense, and some are
just plain strange. The play balance is pretty good, tho.

BTW, I've seen the screenshots for TF2 on Half Life. After playing
Tribes, it looks.... claustrophobic. :)

BTW2, one thing that I wish we had from TF and WF in Tribes is the
automatically returning flag. In both cases, if the flag is dropped in
mid-field, it cannot be returned by touching it. Instead, it remains
where it is for a preset time (40 seconds in WF), then returns on its own
if the opposing team has not touched it. If the opposing team does touch
it, then the timer resets to zero if the flag carrier gets killed again.
This would make maps like Scarabrea and Broadside a lot more challenging
to defend. There would be much less chance of seeing these 0-0 scores.

For example, I was playing on a New Jersey Combat server yesterday. The
admin had set the cap limit to 8, and removed the timelimit. I played for
an hour, and finally dropped when I had to feed the kids. At that time,
the central tower had traded hands a couple of dozen times, but we had not
had one flag cap by either side. Now, that's a silly game! Mind you, I
was having a ball playing as a sniper, but still. That long without one
cap isn't all that unheard of on some of these maps.

Second, I don't mind the scores too much. I do wish that a turret I put
up scored kills for me the way that a Sentry Gun does for an Engineer, but
I can live without it. Maybe if they did add to your personal score, you
would get more people interested in playing Defense. After all, people
like having some sort of idea of how well they are doing.

Third, I have learned from other games that paying attention to the status
messages can tell you a lot about what's going on. In clan matches these
clues become especially important in determining how you need to react to
a given solution. For example, you see the 'in posession of flag'
message, then you see that one of your teammates died. If you know where
he was stationed, you can attempt to move to intercept the flag carrier
before he gets too far.

Toe

Feb 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/14/99
as far as turret setups go. The "best" place is not always the best. Most
good attackers know where the "best" place for turrets are and will fire up
their shield pack right before entering a "possible" good turret placement.
Ive found that more and more the "odd" turret placements are the best ones.
For instance on Stonhenge. Any attacker knows that there will probably be
turrets on the flag platform. Ill always set one on the back side of the
flag tower and one at the bottom of that big ass hill behind the tower.
Buster Charlie wrote in message <36C75C28...@rcn.com>...
>Yeah I've noticed that too, I think tribes has spoiled us :)

>> Second, I don't mind the scores too much. I do wish that a turret I put
>> up scored kills for me the way that a Sentry Gun does for an Engineer,
but
>> I can live without it. Maybe if they did add to your personal score, you
>> would get more people interested in playing Defense. After all, people
>> like having some sort of idea of how well they are doing.
>>

>Dosn't 1.2 do this?
>
>The one thing I love about setting up turrets and stuff (I mostly play
insomniax
>so defense is MUCH more effective) on my own is that I get to do it RIGHT.
When
>stupid people start putting turrets in dumb places that stop you from
placing
>turrets in the right place, its REAL annoying. But now that you can
'de-deploy'
>turrets (shooting em to death) its not that big of a deal

Buster Charlie

Feb 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/14/99

Toe wrote:

> as far as turret setups go. The "best" place is not always the best. Most
> good attackers know where the "best" place for turrets are and will fire up
> their shield pack right before entering a "possible" good turret placement.
> Ive found that more and more the "odd" turret placements are the best ones.
> For instance on Stonhenge. Any attacker knows that there will probably be
> turrets on the flag platform. Ill always set one on the back side of the
> flag tower and one at the bottom of that big ass hill behind the tower.

That's what I'm talking about, I never place a turret in obvious places unless
it can get cover fire from other turrets (usually base mounted ones but
sometimes other remotes) because a shield can go one on one with a turret for a
while but while your attacking one turret the second one will take you out.
and if I can't double team a turret I'll try to place it in the best place. Now
with insomniax I usually use the sentries as speed bumps near a entrance, and
such but I place regular ones around the base as a little surprise. But Trust
me, newbies and turret placement don't mix.

Yoss

Feb 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/15/99
Thanks for letting me know where all your turrents go :) Hope to play
against you guys soon..

hehe,

Yossarian

xxiii

Feb 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/15/99
Sounds like your solution is as anti-team play as what they are doing.
Stealing peoples ships is lame, it happens to me all the time too. But they
are your team-mate, what would you gain from blowing them up. It's when
everyone on the team, stops playing and runs around trying to get back at
the team-killer that the game falls apart. If it is one person being lame,
ask them to stop. If they don't, then vote to kick them. If that doesn't
work, then switch servers.

xxiii[pLaT]

jsm...@tiny.net

Feb 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/15/99
xxiii <xx...@visi.com> wrote:
>Sounds like your solution is as anti-team play as what they are doing.
>Stealing peoples ships is lame, it happens to me all the time too. But they
>are your team-mate, what would you gain from blowing them up. It's when
>everyone on the team, stops playing and runs around trying to get back at
>the team-killer that the game falls apart. If it is one person being lame,
>ask them to stop. If they don't, then vote to kick them. If that doesn't
>work, then switch servers.

>xxiii[pLaT]

I gotta disagree here with you, xxiii. I agree, ask them to stop, then
vote to kick them. If both of those fail, get 2,3, or 4 guys to help you
out and hunt the TKer or shipstealer down. Nail them as soon as they
respawn. 90% of the time, you can get the offending player to leave
quickly so you can go back to playing in peace. Who knows? If it happens
enough they may learn some manners.

Agent 911

Feb 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/15/99
What pisses me off is when the newbies go into the middle of no where
and just stay around there. They can't even shoot straight and take
an hour on the supply machines cause they dont know how to use
favorites. The can't defend the base at all, and they dont even put
up turrets and cameras.

On Sat, 13 Feb 1999 17:55:24 +0000, GriBBsY
<chur...@thrustworld.co.uk> wrote:

>Tribes will shortly be released in the UK, no doubt it's gonna be big.
>I'm trying to write a guide to stop some of the silly questions that
>newbies ask b4 it hits the big time. I'd like to hear what annoys you
>most about new players.
>
>Any input appreciated. Cheers.
>--
>Gribbsy ![-TQPFKAC-]!
>http://www.gribbsy.demon.co.uk ; ICQ 7623682

--Agent 911
gen...@bigfoot.com
ICQ UIN# 5864595
AOLIM: XAgent 911
FAX: (815) 371-0541

Uberseb

Feb 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/15/99

To add the option to kick or ban a player, you have to select their name
from the list and select the option afterwards. Otherwise, you only get
those change teams options.

Darren Chriest wrote in message <5E3y2.384$T95...@news.rdc1.wa.home.com>...
>jsm...@tiny.net wrote:
>
> I agree 100% with Jim here. Asking them to stop only
>seems to make them do it more. As far as I'm concerned
>all players should stop and frag the TK'er or ship
>stealer until he leaves if voting to admin or kick
>him doesn't work.
>
> These guys take all the fun out of the game for me.
>
> At this time, if I can't get a player voted out, the
>only options I have are to change teams (which I do
>occasionally if I have to) or quit the server, neither
>of which I really want to do.

Darren Chriest

Feb 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/16/99

Darren Chriest

Feb 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/16/99
But they will learn, be patient. None of us were experts
the first time we logged on to a server.

Frankly, the training "missions" could be a little better
and cover a few more areas such as mortars, deployables and
stations.

spi...@my-dejanews.com

Feb 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/16/99
Are you saying that the first time you played tribes you knew how important
turrets were and you knew how to deploy them properly?

The first time you played a FPS could you shoot straight? If you ran into a
reasonably seasoed player attacking your base woudln't you have ended up as
some newbie toast?

Sure newbies can be annoying but getting pissed off at lack of skill in a
player on a public server is kinda taking it a bit far. Isn't that what
defines a newbie? inexperience. maybe lack of skill. I'm sure someone who
grew up on quake, team fortress, quake 2 and other FPS's would have no trouble
adjusting to the tribes environment and shedding that "newbie" label quite
quickly. In my first game i tried to be defence but i didnt' know about
looking at the ground to deploy a turrret so i kept getting the "out of range"
message. soon i figured it out. most people do.

In article <36c87062...@news.oit.umass.edu>,

gen...@bigfoot.com (Agent 911) wrote:
> What pisses me off is when the newbies go into the middle of no where
> and just stay around there. They can't even shoot straight and take
> an hour on the supply machines cause they dont know how to use
> favorites. The can't defend the base at all, and they dont even put
> up turrets and cameras.
>

> On Sat, 13 Feb 1999 17:55:24 +0000, GriBBsY
> <chur...@thrustworld.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >Tribes will shortly be released in the UK, no doubt it's gonna be big.
> >I'm trying to write a guide to stop some of the silly questions that
> >newbies ask b4 it hits the big time. I'd like to hear what annoys you
> >most about new players.
> >
> >Any input appreciated. Cheers.
> >--
> >Gribbsy ![-TQPFKAC-]!
> >http://www.gribbsy.demon.co.uk ; ICQ 7623682
>
> --Agent 911
> gen...@bigfoot.com
> ICQ UIN# 5864595
> AOLIM: XAgent 911
> FAX: (815) 371-0541

Uberseb

Feb 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/16/99

Just tell them to look in their options. I think Ctrl-1 is yes, Ctrl-2 is
no.

Darren Chriest wrote in message ...
>I know how to initiate a vote to kick a player. The problem
>is getting 60% of the other players to actually stop playing
>for 2.5 seconds and vote yes.

Darren Chriest

Feb 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/17/99

Uberseb wrote:

> To add the option to kick or ban a player, you have to select their name
> from the list and select the option afterwards. Otherwise, you only get
> those change teams options.

Shane

Feb 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/17/99
On Wed, 17 Feb 1999 03:34:04 GMT, Darren Chriest
<dchriest@home!NOSPAM!.com> wrote:

>I know how to initiate a vote to kick a player. The problem
>is getting 60% of the other players to actually stop playing
>for 2.5 seconds and vote yes.

Which is why these pain-in-the-ass "wankers" tend to be able to
disrupt games. In TeamFortress they like to block the exit in respawn.
All it takes is a concussion grenade to move him and engineer to
remove the obstruction they've build. Trouble is, rather then the team
working as one to solve this problem, they tend to make things worst
by running into the exit, helping him block the doorway some more or
refusing to change to class that will help expedite his exit. Don't
depend on many if none of the other team to chime in; due to a lack of
skill on their part, they like the advantage it gives them.

Wankers are 15 year old little pricks with a MTV attention span. If
you just keep hammering away at them in a united front, they get bored
and leave. Probably go off and try to give somebody a trojan horse or
paste some actress's head onto a Playboy Playmate's naked body.

You have to wonder the sort of home life that spawns these little
freaks.

Shane

SpiLL

Feb 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/17/99
Uberseb <jdr...@direct.d.o.t.ca> wrote:

> Darren Chriest wrote in message ...

>>I know how to initiate a vote to kick a player. The problem
>>is getting 60% of the other players to actually stop playing
>>for 2.5 seconds and vote yes.

Actually, I was getting upset with this as well, last night.... until I
finally realized that if your knee deep in bodys/mortar round exploding
around you, you're not reading a whole lot of the screen... especially if
you're new.

It's a new game... this will change with time.

-j.c.h.
'SpiLL'

Chris

Feb 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/17/99
Ya know, it REALLY pisses me off that you automaticly assume that all 15yr
olds that play are like this. Well, then you havent meet many at all. The
people I play with are mainly 15yrs of age, and are great people. They play
better than most older people Ive played with, and work together much more
like a team. And not only that, Im 14. I consider myself mature, you wont
see me doing shit in a game. I go to play. I like this game, and others like
it (aka TF 1&2) because its the only real FPS that utalize teamplay

Russell Furlow

Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99
I see you've noticed the "everyone wants to be a hero!" sindrome. Really
does PISS you off when you get 3 or more in a starting map saying, "Defending
our base", only to get fragged left and right as they all rush off when it gets
slow.

It's a TEAM game people, some are hero's some are defenders!

ale...@home.com wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Feb 1999 22:38:22 GMT, hamme...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
>
> >In article <36C5BC8C...@thrustworld.co.uk>,

> > GriBBsY <chur...@thrustworld.co.uk> wrote:
> >> Tribes will shortly be released in the UK, no doubt it's gonna be big.
> >> I'm trying to write a guide to stop some of the silly questions that
> >> newbies ask b4 it hits the big time. I'd like to hear what annoys you
> >> most about new players.

Russell Furlow

Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99
I see you've noticed the "everyone wants to be a hero!" syndrome. Really

Russell Furlow

Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99

Russell Furlow

Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99