Eevee evolution?????????????????????????????

1 view

Alan Wilkinson

Dec 19, 2000, 2:23:14 PM12/19/00
OK so what else must I do?

He's at the front of my team. He never faints and gets "fixed" after EVERY
bit of damage. He's holding Pink Bow and has had enough haircuts to last for
the next several years (both brothers).

I'm told only that "he looks cute". So how much further is there to go? He's
already at L31.

I can feel an "Alan used GameShark" coming on. :)

TIA

SANTAreku

Dec 19, 2000, 2:38:28 PM12/19/00

"Alan Wilkinson" <alan.wi...@progress.com> wrote in message

> OK so what else must I do?
>
> He's at the front of my team. He never faints and gets "fixed" after EVERY
> bit of damage. He's holding Pink Bow and has had enough haircuts to last
for
> the next several years (both brothers).

This is a sign

> I'm told only that "he looks cute". So how much further is there to go?
He's
> already at L31.

This is a sgin

Abandon your quest for evolution and equip him with sacred everstone. You
have been chosen to raise the second level 100 Eevee. Fear not, his cute
appearance does not mean erroneous service in battle. Eevee is a steady
pokemon with decent attributes all around. He shall learn body slam, shadow
ball, double team, and reflect. If you are playing pokemon crystal, he shall
learn baton pass and not shadow ball, and will pass his fruits of double
team and reflect to his stronger fiercer team mates.

Gah, just more pointless chatter about me wanting someone to use the normal
Eevee..ignore me, I am but a fool.

Pipian the Drunken Elf

Dec 19, 2000, 4:54:36 PM12/19/00

"SANTAreku" <ar...@att.net> wrote in message

And I will have the third in the all Eevee smash team (When I get to making
it)

--
Pipian

-------------------
Chansey's Pokemon Parlor
http://www.pipian.com/pokemon

pip...@mindspring.com
pip...@pipian.com
AIM: PipianJ

PokeCode(1.0.0)PKMN:3+ F:p52>157:gTa:vMe+[++]R1+[++]:s>P2+
D:p<129-:gSa-[--]Zz-:vBu X:***96d:5a+|2b+ Op:!d:p[+]:u[+]:a-:h+[+]:x++[+]
P:a:s5.4:w121:eGBr|g:hBrD:t:cWh:*Le:y96.2%:r|+

Juan F. Lara

Dec 19, 2000, 5:34:59 PM12/19/00
In article <977254383.76.0....@news.demon.co.uk>,

Alan Wilkinson <alan.wi...@progress.com> wrote:
>OK so what else must I do?
>
>He's at the front of my team. He never faints and gets "fixed" after EVERY
>bit of damage. He's holding Pink Bow and has had enough haircuts to last for
>the next several years (both brothers).
>
>I'm told only that "he looks cute". So how much further is there to go? He's
>already at L31.

To get your Eevee to evolve at a low level, level up your other pokemon.
And I mean ALL your other pokemon. That will give Eevee a LOT of time to be
with you and so enable him to reach the "really trusts you" level.
Before I went to Cianwood I resolved to level up all of my 60 pokemon to
Level 20. And I did it, too. Along the way I levelled the Eevee I got from
Bill only to Level 25. But I did so much levelling and battling people on the
phone that my Eevee reached "sort of happy" by Level 25. So I bred a new Eevee
using her ( I want this Eevee to stay an Eevee while her offspring become
eevolutions ) and she needed only one level to lay an egg. Since then I've
been levelling all my pokemon to Level 25. My egg has hatched and the baby
Eevee is now at Level 9. But he's already at the "Sort of Happy" level. I'm
trying my best to evolve this Eevee into Umbreon before Level 16, so that he'll
have Pursuit.

- Juan F. Lara
http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~jfl/intro.html

Santa Warlord

Dec 19, 2000, 10:45:38 PM12/19/00

"Alan Wilkinson" <alan.wi...@progress.com> wrote in message

keep him in your party for ten hours game time. the haircuts and berries do
help, though.

--
"I told you my name already. Its Duran...Duran!...what is so funny? Please,
please tell me now. Is there something I should know?" Duran, Starcraft

Simpson or Futurama quote of the moment:
Homer: hello, I'd like to buy a copy of Spiderman #1...
Store Clerk: Yes, and I'd like a date on the Holodeck with Seven of Nine.
Homer: *shows a suitcase of money, given by Mr. burns*
Store Clerk: Yes sir! right away, sir!
Store Clerk: Will you be needing a paper bag to carry it in?
Homer: No, I believe that I'll be eating it here *rips out pages and eats
it*
Store Clerk: *doubled-over in pain* NNNNOOOO! THE PAIN! THE HORROR!

MY Website(s):
http://kwarlord.tripod.com/index.html
The Dex Drive webpage!
http://kwarlord.tripod.com/DexDrive.html

Thom Burr

Dec 20, 2000, 3:08:12 PM12/20/00
In article
<977254383.76.0....@news.de

mon.co.uk>,
"Alan Wilkinson"
<alan.wi...@progress.com> wrote:
> OK so what else must I do?

I have no real idea. I can't get past
the "cute" stage either.

> He's at the front of my team. He never
> faints and gets "fixed" after EVERY
> bit of damage.

Conisder using Lemonade, MooMoo Milk or
the other other vending machine drinks.
Supposedly this increases happiness. You
can buy them in bulk at Mt. Moom.

They also really like stat boosters like
Calcium, but these are insanely
expensive. I'm going to need my cash for
Stadium 2, so I don't want to use them
yet.

> He's holding Pink Bow and has had
> enough haircuts to last for the next
> several years (both brothers).

Blue's sister will also groom them but
only between 3 and 4 PM. (A truly
idiotic time frame.)

> I'm told only that "he looks cute". So
how much further is there to go? He's
> already at L31.

You've got A VERY LONG TIME to go.
Evolving the damned Crobat took FOREVER.
I thought catching Chansey with a Friend
Ball would speed things up, and it
did--but it still took hours upon hours.
After "cute" comes, "sort of happy",
then "trusts", then finally, "really
happy". At the really happy point it'll
evolve as soon as it levels up.

> I can feel an "Alan used GameShark"
> coming on. :)

You'd almost be justified. The happiness
evolutions are the stupidest idea yet
devised by the Nintendo Marketing
Department. I'm at 245 out of 249, and
all that's stopping me are two CatDogs
and the two new Eevees. My solution: I
threw an Eevee in with ditto, and I'll
breed it for two eggs. These I'll hatch
and then level them up (which increases
happiness) flat out using the Elite Four
(defeating Gym Leaders and the E4 also
supposedly raises happiness). That will
surely get them to evolve on a timely
basis. They'll have really bad moves,
but at least the pokedex will be that
closer to being complete. And if I ever
want to do things right, it can always
get another egg.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Pixie Dust

Dec 20, 2000, 5:43:20 PM12/20/00
> I'm told only that "he looks cute". So how much further

Sorry I don't know about that "looks cute" thing, but do not despair! My
Eevee was at lv. 31 as well, and the Goldenrod lady said it "trusted me,"
but every haircut said it was only "a little" happier. You may know that it
must trust you *and* be delighted with its haircut before you bother to feed
it HP ups, proteins, etc. and then level it up. But yesterday I found that
if I save the game before the haircut and keep trying, the happiness rating
changes every time. Once it was "delighted," I went ahead and did all those
other things and finally got my Umbreon (got the Espeon with my stronger
Eevee in Gold.) Yippee!

Don't give up!

Brion K. Lienhart

Dec 20, 2000, 6:40:59 PM12/20/00
"Pixie Dust" <yournam...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I don't think those "happiness" ratings after haircuts really mean anything.
You need to talk to the lady in Goldenrod to find out the real happiness.
The way to get an pokemon to evolve happily is to take it through the elite
four. Three or four times should be enough. I was able to get a lvl 23
Crobat (Zubat-Golbat @ 22, Golbat-Crobat @23) that way. I got a lvl 10
Espeon and lvl 9 Umbreon, and I'm going to have another lvl 8 Umbreon pretty
soon.

Dr. Worm

Dec 20, 2000, 9:58:53 PM12/20/00

"Juan F. Lara" <j...@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu> wrote in message

Yeah, your Eevee gets happy just by being on your team. If you leave it
there at the bottom long enough, it'll be happy, even if it doesn't get any
experience.

Dr. Worm

Continue

Dec 21, 2000, 12:20:39 AM12/21/00
Thom Burr wrote:

> In article
> <977254383.76.0....@news.de
> mon.co.uk>,
> "Alan Wilkinson"
> <alan.wi...@progress.com> wrote:
> > OK so what else must I do?
>
> I have no real idea. I can't get past
> the "cute" stage either.
>
> > He's at the front of my team. He never
> > faints and gets "fixed" after EVERY
> > bit of damage.
>
> Conisder using Lemonade, MooMoo Milk or
> the other other vending machine drinks.
> Supposedly this increases happiness. You
> can buy them in bulk at Mt. Moom.

One small thing. The only person who I've ever seen do any conclusive
testing on the topic (Meowth346 in case you don't know) has stated that
the vending machine drinks have no effect on the happiness rating. With
plenty of inconclusive assumptions being made for G/S, I'd rather trust
someone who's actually done testing.

Jeff Hauser*
*Sig Sold Seperately

Thom Burr

Dec 21, 2000, 2:55:55 AM12/21/00

> > Conisder using Lemonade, MooMoo Milk or
> > the other other vending machine drinks.
> > Supposedly this increases happiness. You
> > can buy them in bulk at Mt. Moom.
>
> One small thing. The only person who I've ever seen do any conclusive
> testing on the topic (Meowth346 in case you don't know) has stated
> that the vending machine drinks have no effect on the happiness
> rating. With plenty of inconclusive assumptions being made for G/S,
> I'd rather trust someone who's actually done testing.
>
> Jeff Hauser*
> *Sig Sold Seperately

Arrrrrrgggggh. Can anyone please point me in the direction of a
complete explanation of the Happiness stat? I mean, breeding, the
shinies, and Hidden Power mechanics seem to have been more or totally
explained, but I've heard nothing rigorous or conclusive on how
Happiness is determined...

Continue

Dec 24, 2000, 6:09:47 PM12/24/00
Thom Burr wrote:

> Arrrrrrgggggh. Can anyone please point me in the direction of a
> complete explanation of the Happiness stat? I mean, breeding, the
> shinies, and Hidden Power mechanics seem to have been more or totally
> explained, but I've heard nothing rigorous or conclusive on how
> Happiness is determined...

I would personally suggest going here:
http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/Meowth346/gs/Happiness/Happiness.htm

As you can see, that is Meowth346s page. You'll find a listing of what
actually raises and lowers happiness followe by myths of what raises and
lowers happiness (he may not have tested extended time in the boxes, I don't
know). Moo Moo Milk, water, lemonade, etc. fall under the "other recovery
item" listing.

Darklord JonnyDigital

Dec 26, 2000, 4:35:01 PM12/26/00
O/
/|

/ \ Ho ho ho! And so it came to pass, that Brion K. Lienhart wrote:

> The way to get an pokemon to evolve happily is to take it through the elite
> four. Three or four times should be enough. I was able to get a lvl 23
> Crobat (Zubat-Golbat @ 22, Golbat-Crobat @23) that way. I got a lvl 10
> Espeon and lvl 9 Umbreon, and I'm going to have another lvl 8 Umbreon pretty
> soon.

Also, it's best to catch a Zubat with a Friend Ball, so that his
Happiness rating STARTS at 200 instead of 70, leaving only 18 points to
go before he is happy enough to evolve. By the time he gets to evolving
to Golbat, his Happiness is enough that he will evolve again to Crobat at
the next level.

--
Jonathan Drain | I'd explain it to you, but your head would explode...
ICQ: 39945538 | AIM: DarkJonnyDigital | MSN: jonathandrain@hotmail

jD: Proud Owner of over 1,092,567˝ Points and 14˝ Awards!
jD: Now officially Worse Than Turkeyphant, by Matthew Garrett!
jD: Member of Clan JTA, Guild DOA and the Brotherhood of Evil!
jD: I'm being held prisoner in a chocolate factory. Don't send help.
jD: Still officially PWKAEOWPHMOAEM of AFTR!
jD: 1124 posts to AGP, 317 posts to AFTR, 314 BSODs and counting...
jD: My sig just gets bigger and bigger, lol

Darklord JonnyDigital

Dec 26, 2000, 4:35:03 PM12/26/00
O/
/|

/ \ Ho ho ho! And so it came to pass, that Thom Burr wrote:

> Arrrrrrgggggh. Can anyone please point me in the direction of a
> complete explanation of the Happiness stat? I mean, breeding, the
> shinies, and Hidden Power mechanics seem to have been more or totally
> explained, but I've heard nothing rigorous or conclusive on how
> Happiness is determined...

AFAIK...

Happiness can be anything up to 255. When a Pokémon is caught, its
Happiness starts at 70. Happiness evolutions require a rating of 218
before they'll evolve.

Catching a Pokémon using a Friend Ball starts their Happiness at 200.
Trading a Pokémon resets its Happiness to 70. Things such as fainting
decrease its Happiness, beating Gym Leaders makes it more happy.