[STADIUM] Opinions on the game

Magick

Mar 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/7/00
On Wed, 08 Mar 2000 02:27:33 GMT, "Miki no Miko" <nob...@here.com>
wrote:

>The Lohr's <@voicenet.com> wrote in message
>> Greetings, dwellers of AGNP.
>*snip*
>
>Well, I find it fun, but Ultra Ball is kicking the crud out of my rental
>team..

I just got it myself, finding the rentals to be not so good after
getting my ass kicked 5 times in a row from someone who's never played
Pokemon before(damn you, Jolteon! And who gives a Snorlax Metronome
and Takedown, anyways?!). Either way, it looks good once I learn how
to fight battles against actually good intelligences(having only ever
played pokemon on the GB as a single player game since pokemon in
shunned in my area from all over 5 years old). Anyways, I had a
question: I heard ther was some way to speed up the game boy
emulation part of the game, but have yet to see it...must it be a
secret feature?

Magick

The Lohr's

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
Greetings, dwellers of AGNP.

I'm a recovering Pokeholic, but I still really enjoy the games, and I
noticed Stadium was coming out soon. I'm considering purchasing it, but I'm
not sure if it's worth the $60, because all the reviews on it I've read on
it have come from Nintendo Power (who will not critique any of their own
games in 50 years). I would appreciate if any one who has played the game
will reply to this message and give their opinion on the game, so I can make
a better buying decision.

Thank you very much, in advance.

---Matt

------My Official Sig-------

"I have misplaced my pants."
-Homer Simpson
"All the world's a stage...and I got a chorus part!"
-My personal spin on a quote from Shakespeare

Kirby+Mog=Clefairy
Pikachu+demented Pidgey=Furby

AIM ID: Matt131ya

DizzyBum

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
"The Lohr's" <@voicenet.com> wrote in message
> Greetings, dwellers of AGNP.
>
> I'm a recovering Pokeholic, but I still really enjoy the games, and I
> noticed Stadium was coming out soon. I'm considering purchasing it, but
I'm
> not sure if it's worth the $60, because all the reviews on it I've read on
> it have come from Nintendo Power (who will not critique any of their own
> games in 50 years). I would appreciate if any one who has played the game
> will reply to this message and give their opinion on the game, so I can
make
> a better buying decision.

I'll make it short and sweet. If you have Red, Blue or Yellow and you own
any of those games, get Stadium.

Miki no Miko

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00

--
Jen

MasterOod

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
Lohr -
I've been a POKéMANIAC since the first badly subtitled episodes came to
comic conventions, and this weird RPG, in japanese was taking over my life.
POKéMON Stadium (really Stadium 2 . . .) is a very nice step up from for the
POKéVERSE. The animations are very nicely done, and the attacks are very
interesting. The GB emulation on the N64 is nice, if you don't own an SNES, or
if you just need to raise teach a POKéMON an extra attack to defeat the POKé
Cups contenders. The rentals are a bit lame, but they allow you to use POKéMON
that you may not have. The game has a ton of replay value, and is fun for
determining the "Master of the Universe" or "POKéMASTER Supreme" against your
friends. To summarize, in four words:
Go Buy This Game !!!
And have fun

MasterOod

MongooseJK

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00

Magick wrote in message ...

>On Wed, 08 Mar 2000 02:27:33 GMT, "Miki no Miko" <nob...@here.com>
>wrote:
>

>I just got it myself, finding the rentals to be not so good after
>getting my ass kicked 5 times in a row from someone who's never played
>Pokemon before(damn you, Jolteon! And who gives a Snorlax Metronome
>and Takedown, anyways?!). Either way, it looks good once I learn how
>to fight battles against actually good intelligences(having only ever
>played pokemon on the GB as a single player game since pokemon in
>shunned in my area from all over 5 years old). Anyways, I had a
>question: I heard ther was some way to speed up the game boy
>emulation part of the game, but have yet to see it...must it be a
>secret feature?
>
>Magick

I found a webpage that mentions 2 different upgrades to the built in
emulator, check it out.
http://sages.ign.com/codes/8/11154.html

MongooseJK
AIM: MongooseJK

Dtummi

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
> I'm a recovering Pokeholic,

I was to untill I got the inport for this game.

> but I still really enjoy the games,

I started playing yellow just for the english version.

>I noticed Stadium was coming out soon.

Tommow

> I'm considering purchasing it, but I'm not sure if it's worth the $60

If you like pokemon battles, then you will like Stadium. A word of warning the
pokrmon in the game have weirded moves. For example, most fire pokemon have the
move dig. It best to bring in your pokemon from the Gb game.

> Thank you very much, in advance.
>
> ---Matt

Glad to help

myuutsu

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
>emulation

GUNDAMNIT! It's not emulated... the tilesets are actually in the N64
cart...

--

NYAAAAAA!!!!

Leader of Team myuutsu
"I'm not only the president, but I'm also a customer!"
Not exactly a proud member...

Dima Safonov wrote:
They're hot

>"Areku: I'm scared of Donna Lewis" wrote:
> Have you seen Danielle (TR Myuutsu/Myuutsu)
>or Emily (RunWhileYouCan)? In my opinion, they
>are not ugly at all.

Founder of the Anti-Dima webring and the first Anti-Dima webpage.
http://i.am/antidima/

Saber sits here, after being kidnapped by Dani.
SaBeR TR (2:08:19 PM): Whoopse, I've been stabbed.

Proudly going to hell for the sake of Pocket Monsters!

Is it just me, or is Ai super kawaii?

ICQ: 39484702
AIM: myuutsu the PkMn / TR myuutsu

Got myuutsu?

Remove .nospam to e-mail

Jesse Waldack

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
The tilesets are actually in a ROM file too.

The N64 is emulating the gameboy, just the same way that a Super Game boy
lets the SNES emulate one, an enhanced one, but still one.

--
- Jesse

850 Experience Points
37,000 Anti-spam Points
35,000 "AGP" Points
10,000,000 Spam-exterminator Points

===
"myuutsu" <myu...@pipian.com.nospam> wrote in message

Bruce Tomlin

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
In article <EKEx4.1199$Q27....@news.uswest.net>, "Jesse Waldack"
<lla...@uswest.net> wrote:

> The tilesets are actually in a ROM file too.
>
> The N64 is emulating the gameboy, just the same way that a Super Game boy
> lets the SNES emulate one, an enhanced one, but still one.

Except Stadium is *downloading* the entire game from the GB cartridge. If
someone would make an N64 controller to PC interface, they could turn the
GB Pak into one hell of a ROM dumper.

Stadium 1 took *forever* to download the game, but Stadium 2 let the game
start running, and had a faster transfer routine too, so it was finished
before the title screens ended.

Well, anyhow, now I need to open up and play up my brand new Stadium USA
cart... and damn, now I have *three* of those GB Paks!

Jesse Waldack

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
My understanding is that the Stadium ROM contains the ROMs of the other
Pokémon versions within it. It does not transfer the entire ROM from the GB
into the N64, just the saved data.

That is why it is quicker, and that is why it does not allow you to emulate
non Pokémon cartridges.

--
- Jesse

850 Experience Points
2,002 Spam Exterminator Points
35,000 "AGP" Points
37,000 Anti-spam Points
10,000,000 Spam-exterminator Points

===
"Bruce Tomlin" <bto...@NOSPAM.texas.net> wrote in message

Zenigame-sama

Mar 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/9/00
>GUNDAMNIT! It's not emulated... the tilesets are actually in the N64
>cart...

Gundam fan?

Colony no heiwa no tame dattara, yorokonde shinigami ni naru ze!

They call me the God of Death.
I have a scythe in my right hand,
and it takes people's lives.