Pokemon Target Age

picopir8

Dec 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/29/98
I have been considering buying Pokemon for a few months now but I am
hesitant. Most reviews mention something like "first RPG for people
under 12. My questions, is will someone of my age (24) have fun playing
this game or will I find it lacking?

pico

Time Lady

Dec 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/29/98

I'm 29 and I enjoy both the game and the TV show.

They probably say that because it has none of the things that gets a
game marked "not recommended for under age 17".

Frankly, (and I've said this before) I would like to see a version of
Pokemon similar to the Quest For Glory series of games. We choose a
character to play with different attributes. People you talk to have
more than one or 2 lines... and a lot more.

--
_____ /\_____/\ ____ < Time Lady
/ \----/ ^ >-< ^ \ / \> - sail...@swbell.net

Elson Trinidad

Dec 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/29/98

picopir8 <pico...@noserver.com> wrote in article
<36898843...@noserver.com>...

> I have been considering buying Pokemon for a few months now but I am
> hesitant. Most reviews mention something like "first RPG for people
> under 12. My questions, is will someone of my age (24) have fun playing
> this game or will I find it lacking?

I'm 27 and I'm a bona-fide Pokémaniac! I don't find it lacking at all...
I personally can't stand RPGs, but I love playing Pokémon.
I also can't stand Anime, but, I love watching the TV show...Behold the
power of Pokémon!

Elson
(Is this turning into the "old fogey" thread or what?)

Roar12

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
Well, I'm 20 and I enjoy it. I think it all depends on the individual. If you
have a good imagination, then you should enjoy it.

Roar

"If you hear me coming, it's already too late."

Mikemil828

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
oh sure many people over 18 would like this even though of the cute characters

AznExplosN

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
Guys, I'm 18, and the thing that kept me playing this game from the first day
it came out, was how much fun it is. There's so much stradegy involved, in
everything. If you don't think about it, you could jack it up, teach an
awesome pokemon all HM's or something like that. Not teach an awesome attack.
It's stuff like that that makes me love this game, and the striving of the
perfect team of course.

Mobius101

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
>Well, I'm 20 and I enjoy it. I think it all depends on the individual. If you
>have a good imagination, then you should enjoy it.

Uh, ditto. Not the pokemon, of course. ^.^

>Roar

ARRGH! The most annoying of Vulpix's attacks! O.O

~Maria R
"Psy yie yie..."
-------------------------
Tha webber:
http://hamstergirl.cjb.net/
"They called me crazy! They called me insane! They called me LOONY!! And boy
were they right." -Megavolt

gordo...@rocketmail.com

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
Hey;

Well, I'm 38 and love Pokemon. I am also corresponding with males and females
from 24 to 48 playing Pokemon -- many bought their GameBoys just to play
Pokemon (myself included).

Gordon

pico...@noserver.com wrote:
> I have been considering buying Pokemon for a few months now but I am
> hesitant. Most reviews mention something like "first RPG for people
> under 12. My questions, is will someone of my age (24) have fun playing
> this game or will I find it lacking?
>

> pico

gordo...@rocketmail.com

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98

Shad0cat

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
>I have been considering buying Pokemon for a few months now but I am
>hesitant. Most reviews mention something like "first RPG for people
>under 12. My questions, is will someone of my age (24) have fun playing

>this game or will I find it lacking?

well I'm 22 and my bf is 21 and we both love to play it. I bought my copy the
day it came out and I still play. I've put in 97 hours so far. I like to take
my time and raise all of my Pokemon.

Kitty

Roberto Perez-Vila

Dec 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/31/98
Well, after hearing these responses, I feel like a little kid, but I'm 16 and
I like Pokemon! (Mostly the Show, but the game is great if you watch the show
and like it!) I think Pokemon is intended for Ages 10 and up...because I'm not
sure average 8 or 9 year olds would enjoy it...It's not that action packed to
keep their attention.

I'd like to see a Pokemon 3-D (Not Pokemon Arena, an actual game that can be
played on it's own, like the Gameboy game, that has Pokemon in it...and makes
use of memory cards to trade and fight with friends.)

Time Lady wrote:

> picopir8 wrote:
> >
> > I have been considering buying Pokemon for a few months now but I am
> > hesitant. Most reviews mention something like "first RPG for people
> > under 12. My questions, is will someone of my age (24) have fun playing
> > this game or will I find it lacking?

I'm Waiting

Jan 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/7/99
I'm 51 and play all the time. My grandson and I watch Pokemon every
day. He is 9 and has collected all the dolls, balls, etc. he can find.
(I need to get a paper route to support his habit...<g>) I bought us
both the CGB when it came out and it sure helped with the clarity.