Cheap Pokémon? Why?

1 view

Robertson B. Kunz

Apr 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/26/99
Why are some Pokémon cheap? Why is it cheap if you get all 3 Eevee forms or
all 3 starting Pokémon? If you can get that Pokémon without cheating then
how can it be "cheap"? I can understand that "Mew" may consider to be cheap
because you have to cheat to get it. But why the other Pokémon?

-KanadaRob

Sailor Pika

Apr 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/26/99

Robertson B. Kunz <Kana...@home.com> wrote in message

I wrote an article for the Pokézine explaining this.. Go to
http://members.xoom.com/pokezine/
Then go to Issue 5 and look for the article on cheap Pokemon. ^_^

--
Sailor Pika
Pika must run, have battery will travel
My day of death will be Monday, March 30, 2065
------------------------
Visit the AGNP website at http://members.xoom.com/agnp/

Dryad48

Apr 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/26/99
>Why are some Pokémon cheap? Why is it cheap if you get all 3 Eevee forms or
>all 3 starting Pokémon? If you can get that Pokémon without cheating then
>how can it be "cheap"? I can understand that "Mew" may consider to be cheap
>because you have to cheat to get it. But why the other Pokémon?
>
>-KanadaRob

Well, many people think a pokemon that can fight better than many others is
cheap. The ONLY, and let me repeat that. The ONLY cheap ones are the ones with
no weaknesses.
Alakazam isn't cheap because of its failing defense. the Eevolutions are not
cheap; they have many weaknesses. The only other cheating is overdosing the
pokemon with drugs and using the rare candy trick.

M.W.F.

Apr 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/26/99
Check this out, straight from the mouth of Robertson B. Kunz ...

> Why are some Pokémon cheap? Why is it cheap if you get all 3 Eevee forms or
> all 3 starting Pokémon? If you can get that Pokémon without cheating then
> how can it be "cheap"? I can understand that "Mew" may consider to be cheap
> because you have to cheat to get it. But why the other Pokémon?

You have to understand, different people have different ways of thinking
something is cheap.

Myself, I consider a few pokemon to be cheap because of their
abilities/stats/techniques/etc. Take Mewtwo, the world standard of
cheap. He's god awful powerful and has only one weakness, Bug. He can
learn attacks to crush those weaknesses too. Psychic for the majority,
Dig/Earthquake for Jolteon, and Fire Blast for Paras/Parasect. Toss in
recover and he's strapped and ready to roll.

Now, you consider only Mew to be cheap because he can only be gotten
using a game modifier (currently), which is understandable. I'd agree on
the cheap part, but for a different reason: He can learn any TM/HM,
added on to his already strong attacks that he learns naturally.

Basically, it's ever person for themself.

<mantra> Channel/Fireball... Channel/Fireball... </mantra>
--
M.W.F. - Pokémon no meijin!

Visit Azure Heights for Pokémon information:
http://www.geocities.com/~korelano
You can read the AGFFH FAQ or the AGNP FAQ.
Also try the PW! FAQ.
What about the AGNPH Archive?
All these are at www.erols.com/resonakorelano

Thatguyty

Apr 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/27/99
On 26 Apr 1999 23:47:59 GMT, dry...@aol.com (Dryad48) wrote:
<snip>

>The only other cheating is overdosing the
>pokemon with drugs and using the rare candy trick.

Using the rare candy trick makes your pokemon weaker in the long run,
am I correct? If so, then the rare candy trick only makes your pokemon
suck harder.
~Thatguyty
Webmaster of "Tracking Mew"
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arcade/4011

Cat-Gonk

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
Well then... dry...@aol.com (Dryad48) wrote:

>The only other cheating is overdosing the
>pokemon with drugs and using the rare candy trick.

You can't have more than 10 of each drug, and Rare Candying Pokemon
makes them weaker unless you use Toby's method. And how many Game
Shark-ing newbies know that?

Cat-Gonk.
Do you believe in Goddish?

Azure Heights Pokemon Staff.