A poll: How do you rank on the Pokémaniac scale?

1 view

Static Shocker

Mar 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/1/99
This is something that I just made up quick to get some of my boredom out.
Don't get angry at me for this, just say "Static Shocker must really be
bored. He took his time to tell everyone that he is bored in a funny way."

#1: Out of all your bookmarked sites, what is the major categorical thing
that they fall into?

A: Pokémon
B: Downloadables.
C: Links that only lead to more links, which also lead to more links.

#2: What do you reach for when you're bored?

A: Your Game Boy
B: A book
C: Your keyboard

#3: How many Pokémon do you have?

A: 151, plus 2 glitches.
B: Less than 151.
C: Only 1.

#4: How often do you check this NG?

A: Every day.
B: Every week
C: Every month

#5: What do you mainly read when you are browsing this NG?

A: Everything.
B: Poké wars posts.
C: Spam, including Rob Cypher posts.

If you have answered all of those questions as "A" then you have no life. Go
out and play before you get sick from eyestrain, looking at your computer
and Game Boy screen.

If you have answered the majority of those questions as "A" then you are a
complete Pokémaniac. Well, that's not bad, but keep up the good work.

If you have answered the majority of those questions as "B" then you have
some control over your life. Keep up the good work.

If you have answered the majority of those questions as "C" then you must
not have much time on your hands.

If you answered the questions with a tie between 2 majorities then you have
too much free time on your hands.

Marcus Yu

Mar 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/1/99
Hey, didn't Anchovy Ace already do one of these?

Static Shocker is Anchovy Ace.
Anchovy Ace is Static Shocker.

Hope this clears things up.
--
Marcus Yu | Marc...@bluestar.tierranet.com
http://bluestar.tierranet.com | - AOL IM: Marcus Yu -

Sailor Pika

Mar 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/1/99

Static Shocker wrote in message ...

>This is something that I just made up quick to get some of my boredom out.
>Don't get angry at me for this, just say "Static Shocker must really be
>bored. He took his time to tell everyone that he is bored in a funny way."
>
>#1: Out of all your bookmarked sites, what is the major categorical thing
>that they fall into?
>
>A: Pokémon
>B: Downloadables.
>C: Links that only lead to more links, which also lead to more links.

Uh.. Xena stuff. :p

>#2: What do you reach for when you're bored?
>
>A: Your Game Boy
>B: A book
>C: Your keyboard

I'm on my ass at my keyboard when I'm at home, so C.

>#3: How many Pokémon do you have?
>
>A: 151, plus 2 glitches.
>B: Less than 151.
>C: Only 1.

147.

>#4: How often do you check this NG?
>
>A: Every day.
>B: Every week
>C: Every month

More than 10 times a day. A.

>#5: What do you mainly read when you are browsing this NG?
>
>A: Everything.
>B: Poké wars posts.
>C: Spam, including Rob Cypher posts.

Dreadite

Mar 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/1/99
Static Shocker wrote:

> This is something that I just made up quick to get some of my boredom out.
> Don't get angry at me for this, just say "Static Shocker must really be
> bored. He took his time to tell everyone that he is bored in a funny way."
>
> #1: Out of all your bookmarked sites, what is the major categorical thing
> that they fall into?

Er.. None of them, sorry. ^_^;; Otaku Wars, and PokéWars dominate... so
a C.

> #2: What do you reach for when you're bored?
>
> A: Your Game Boy

> C: Your keyboard

Both at once. What about D: Something unmentionable here? Yu needs
that option!

> #3: How many Pokémon do you have?

B: Less than 151.

But what about those poor souls who have zero? "Where's Professor Oak,
damnit! This game sucks!"

> #4: How often do you check this NG?

A: Every day.

As if you couldn't tell. ^_^

> #5: What do you mainly read when you are browsing this NG?

A: Everything. Cypher included, sometimes.

Dreadite
-----
This is my sig version two! Random chaos will ensue!
*Shang Tsung voice* "Your Thread.... Is MINE!!!"
Check out the OW! Shogunate page at
http://www.geocities.com/tokyo/pagoda/3073/

Sailor Pika

Mar 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/1/99

Dreadite wrote in message <36DB1D...@ix.netcom.com>...

>But what about those poor souls who have zero? "Where's Professor Oak,
>damnit! This game sucks!"

That'd be me the first day I played. I couldn't get the fuck out of Ash's
house, dammit.. I didn't know that little shaded place was the door..

--
Sailor Pika
Pika must run, have battery will travel
Do not meddle in the place of dragons, you are crunchy and taste good with
ketchup.
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't
looking good either.
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.
Learn from your parents' mistakes - use birth control.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us
who do.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid doing altogether
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.
Why do psychics have to ask you for your name?
'Tis easier to apologize than to ask permission
When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
I love defenseless animals, especially in a good gravy.
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?
Do unto others, then run.

Mobius101

Mar 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/1/99
>>But what about those poor souls who have zero? "Where's Professor Oak,
>>damnit! This game sucks!"

LOL!!

>That'd be me the first day I played. I couldn't get the fuck out of Ash's
>house, dammit.. I didn't know that little shaded place was the door..

Ehehe, reminds me of the first time I came on the group, there were tons of
posts asking 'Where's Prof. Oak??' ^.^;;

~Maria R
"Psy yie yie..."
-------------------------
Tha webber:
http://hamstergirl.cjb.net/
-----------
"Taking Pokemon straight from your pockets,
With the power of the stars, it's Maria Rocket!" -My corny PW! motto ^.^;
------
TEOTWAWKI

Lady Elwen

Mar 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/1/99

In AGNP where Pokemon play, Sailor Pika told us one day:

|Dreadite wrote in message <36DB1D...@ix.netcom.com>...
|>But what about those poor souls who have zero? "Where's Professor Oak,
|>damnit! This game sucks!"
|

|That'd be me the first day I played. I couldn't get the fuck out of Ash's
|house, dammit.. I didn't know that little shaded place was the door..

Oh dear... My first time playing was on a Japanese ROM and i wandered
around and finally figured the only way out was to go through the grass and
then some guy appeared and i had an exclamation point and i lost control of
my character. Then there was a whole bunch of dialogue so i figured they
were yelling at me for going somewhere i wasn't supposed to. Then i turned
it off since i couldn't understand anything. ^^;;

I'm not good with RPGs, as if you couldn't tell. =P

IMHO, though, if you start out and you even know who Prof. Oak _is_, you're
off to a good start. Or that might just be b/c i started with the Japanese
game and couldn't understand a thing...

Regards,

Elwen Skye

Lady Elwen

Mar 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/1/99
This is more of a survey, IMHO. But ah well, i'll respond nonetheless. ^^

In AGNP where Pokemon play, Static Shocker told us one day:

|This is something that I just made up quick to get some of my boredom out.
|Don't get angry at me for this, just say "Static Shocker must really be
|bored. He took his time to tell everyone that he is bored in a funny way."

Boredom, the ultimate excuse. "Why did you kill him?" "I was bored!"

Don't get me wrong, but i know quite a few people who would likely do that,
actually. If i suddenly disappear one of these days, you'll know they
finally got bored (or annoyed) enough to kill me.

|#1: Out of all your bookmarked sites, what is the major categorical thing
|that they fall into?
|

|A: Pokémon
|B: Downloadables.
|C: Links that only lead to more links, which also lead to more links.

D: None of the above. =P

They're about 1/4 Pokemon, 1/3 Sailormoon, 1/3 Tolkien, and . . . um,
whatever's left over other stuff. ^^;;

|#2: What do you reach for when you're bored?
|
|A: Your Game Boy

|B: A book
|C: Your keyboard

B comes closest. I would say, "When i'm bored, i read." I don't
necessarily _reach_ for anything. And reading could include this NG.

|#3: How many Pokémon do you have?
|

|A: 151, plus 2 glitches.
|B: Less than 151.
|C: Only 1.

B. I'm only at 131, unfortunately.

|#4: How often do you check this NG?
|
|A: Every day.

|B: Every week
|C: Every month

A. And quite often everyday, too.

|#5: What do you mainly read when you are browsing this NG?
|
|A: Everything.

|B: Poké wars posts.
|C: Spam, including Rob Cypher posts.

A. No killfile means i read everything that's posted except what my news
server cares to eat or filter out.

|If you have answered all of those questions as "A" then you have no life.
Go
|out and play before you get sick from eyestrain, looking at your computer
|and Game Boy screen.
|
|If you have answered the majority of those questions as "A" then you are a
|complete Pokémaniac. Well, that's not bad, but keep up the good work.
|
|If you have answered the majority of those questions as "B" then you have
|some control over your life. Keep up the good work.
|
|If you have answered the majority of those questions as "C" then you must
|not have much time on your hands.
|
|If you answered the questions with a tie between 2 majorities then you have
|too much free time on your hands.

Well, i suppose i knew that already. So i have too much free time on my
hands but i'm half a Pokemaniac and have (very) partial control over my
life. Sounds about right, i think.

Regards,

Elwen Skye

Cat-Gonk

Mar 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/2/99
You can't pick up a ball without shouting "Go Bulbasaur!"
You sleep with a stuffed Pikachu, and you're 43.

Cat-Gonk
---------------------------
Do you believe in Goddish?

Veteran Sargeant Cat-Gonk:
Instigator of Wigglytuff War One.
Follower of Goddish

"Poke-Moon"
"Evangelichu."
- Ideas for crossovers.

"Everything that I do, be all about the Chu."
"I be kickin' up dust an' Geodudes."
"Gettin' blown on the droll, takin' smoke up my nose,"
"I give the world for an Oddish and a Gyarados"
"Pika pika, baby, and don't you forget."
"You need to get with it, let me hit it & split it."
"In the bed, on the floor, hot tub everyday."
"The Pika Way, the Pika way."
- Mase /w Eightball & MJG "The Pika Way"

Christof

Mar 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/2/99
>#1: Out of all your bookmarked sites, what is the major categorical thing
>that they fall into?
>
>A: Pokémon
>B: Downloadables.
>C: Links that only lead to more links, which also lead to more links.

>#2: What do you reach for when you're bored?
>
>A: Your Game Boy
>B: A book
>C: Your keyboard

>#3: How many Pokémon do you have?
>
>A: 151, plus 2 glitches.
>B: Less than 151.
>C: Only 1.
>
>#4: How often do you check this NG?
>
>A: Every day.
>B: Every week
>C: Every month
>
>#5: What do you mainly read when you are browsing this NG?
>
>A: Everything.
>B: Poké wars posts.
>C: Spam, including Rob Cypher posts.

Black Hole

Mar 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/5/99

Static Shocker wrote:

> This is something that I just made up quick to get some of my boredom out.
> Don't get angry at me for this, just say "Static Shocker must really be
> bored. He took his time to tell everyone that he is bored in a funny way."
>

> #1: Out of all your bookmarked sites, what is the major categorical thing
> that they fall into?
>
> A: Pokémon
> B: Downloadables.
> C: Links that only lead to more links, which also lead to more links.

Mega Man probley or C

> #2: What do you reach for when you're bored?
>
> A: Your Game Boy
> B: A book
> C: Your keyboard

> #3: How many Pokémon do you have?
>
> A: 151, plus 2 glitches.
> B: Less than 151.
> C: Only 1.

A With no Glitches

> #4: How often do you check this NG?
>
> A: Every day.
> B: Every week
> C: Every month

> #5: What do you mainly read when you are browsing this NG?
>
> A: Everything.
> B: Poké wars posts.
> C: Spam, including Rob Cypher posts.

> If you have answered all of those questions as "A" then you have no life. Go

> out and play before you get sick from eyestrain, looking at your computer and
> Game Boy screen.
>
> If you have answered the majority of those questions as "A" then you are a
> complete Pokémaniac. Well, that's not bad, but keep up the good work.
>
> If you have answered the majority of those questions as "B" then you have
> some control over your life. Keep up the good work.
>
> If you have answered the majority of those questions as "C" then you must
> not have much time on your hands.
>
> If you answered the questions with a tie between 2 majorities then you have
> too much free time on your hands.

--
AIM: BH Zero X
ICQ: 6706318

Burn... Burn... Let the world burn... Let the world burn, and then
they will learn. Play not with a flame, for this one likes to play a
game...
--My TR motto in PW!, borrowed from a friend

Bite Me
--Crow T. Robot, MST3K

Never Trust an Idiot with a Watermellon and a Hammer.
--Gallager, A Comedian

Its the End of the World as we know of it, and I feel fine.
__________
Get the hell out I said, and party's over! GET OUT GOD DAMNIT!
--Eric Cartman, South Park

Crunchie

Mar 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/6/99
Just as all was quiet, all was peaceful, Static Shocker came running
nakie from the bushes flailing their arms and schreeching like a hyena
with herpes these words...

> This is something that I just made up quick to get some of my boredom out.
> Don't get angry at me for this, just say "Static Shocker must really be
> bored. He took his time to tell everyone that he is bored in a funny way."
>
> #1: Out of all your bookmarked sites, what is the major categorical thing
> that they fall into?
>
> A: Pokémon
> B: Downloadables.
> C: Links that only lead to more links, which also lead to more links.

D: various anime and educational links

> #2: What do you reach for when you're bored?
>
> A: Your Game Boy
> B: A book
> C: Your keyboard

> #3: How many Pokémon do you have?
>
> A: 151, plus 2 glitches.
> B: Less than 151.
> C: Only 1.

> #4: How often do you check this NG?
>
> A: Every day.
> B: Every week
> C: Every month

> #5: What do you mainly read when you are browsing this NG?
>
> A: Everything.
> B: Poké wars posts.
> C: Spam, including Rob Cypher posts.

D: Whatever looks interesting and posts by those that I consider
interesting, or at least someone good to laugh at.

--
Crunchie
*I'm not a freakin' candybar!!!*

p...@webtv.net

Mar 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/6/99
The preceding message was made by $niper Z, who has recently declared himself the god of sanity and chaos!