I'm only a CADET ?

Darrell Mayeda

Jul 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/10/98
Ifan Morgan wrote:

> Titanium MW2 - I've reached the first trial by combat, having already
> completed several missions, and I'm only a Cadet ! What gives ?
>
> Ifan Morgan

Activision replaced one bug with another. In the orignial game you
started as a mechwarrior even if you didn't take the training mission to
test out as a mechwarrior. they fixed it by making you a cadet even if
you passed you first trial of position during the training mission. Are
you at the first trial of position in JF or Wolf what were the results
when you completed both trials?

Darrell Mayeda
drma...@pixi.com

NOTE: I'm tired of all the spam in my mailbox please leave my last
name in the body of your reply. Thanks

Ifan Morgan

Jul 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/11/98

Ifan Morgan

Jul 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/11/98

Darrell Mayeda wrote in message <35A72286...@pixi.com>...
>Activision replaced one bug with another. In the orignial game you
>started as a mechwarrior even if you didn't take the training mission to
>test out as a mechwarrior. they fixed it by making you a cadet even if
>you passed you first trial of position during the training mission. Are
>you at the first trial of position in JF or Wolf what were the results
>when you completed both trials?

No I'm at what must be the second trial - after the mission to destroy the
power
converter in the city (wolf mission). I'm now a star commander, apparently.

Ifan

Yibid

Jul 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/11/98
Even if you complete all the training your are still just a Cadet.
"Congratulations Mech Warrior." in the 'training trial' Is now
meaningless, and you cannot achieve the rank of Kahn.
One of the added bug/features in Titanium version.

Ifan Morgan wrote in message
<900114814.17242.0...@news.demon.co.uk>...

Darrell Mayeda

Jul 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/11/98
Ifan Morgan wrote:

> Darrell Mayeda wrote in message <35A72286...@pixi.com>...
> >Ifan Morgan wrote:
> >>
> >> Titanium MW2 - I've reached the first trial by combat, having already
> >> completed several missions, and I'm only a Cadet ! What gives ?
> >>
> >> Ifan Morgan
> >
> >Activision replaced one bug with another. In the orignial game you
> >started as a mechwarrior even if you didn't take the training mission to
> >test out as a mechwarrior. they fixed it by making you a cadet even if
> >you passed you first trial of position during the training mission. Are
> >you at the first trial of position in JF or Wolf what were the results
> >when you completed both trials?
> >
> No I'm at what must be the second trial - after the mission to destroy the
> power
> converter in the city (wolf mission). I'm now a star commander, apparently.
>
> Ifan

Okay, the mission reference you gave was incorrect but I found which
trial. Technically that is the first trial of position since you became
a Mechwarrior and if you are a star commander you are one rank down.
Should be interesting if the game will still let you become a Khan. In
the original it made me a Khan even though I was short one level.