Titanium MWII

Yibid

Apr 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/12/98

For those interested in what has changed.
I finished the JF missions, and started
Wolf clan.

I did not make Kahn despite passing every
trial. I noticed that the MPLs do more damage
than the CLASSIC MWII. Even though you can
lock missiles at 1000, you can not hit anything
out that far, I think the missiles blow up in the air
after 600 or so. Machine guns seem to do more
damage, almost as if the MG and the UAC2
are switched. The midi music is broken on the
WOLF side, but works on the JF side. Maybe
the Wolf clan doesn't like music. Sable Flame
and Burning Chrome (Wolf) missions the enemy
dropships no longer fire back at you, you can get
close in and take them out with 2 MPLAS and
MGs. Enemy turrets seem like they are toned
down. Either their fire rate is lower or they don't
fire unless your right in front of them in their line
of fire.

So the graphics look good (3dfx) like Mercs 1.1.
Looks like they tweaked the ranges to be like Mercs.
Took out enhanced image to be like Mercs. Enemy
turrets and dropships rarely fire at you if at all.

Oh yes, your starmates sound like Daniel Wilkes
(sp?) from Mercs. If using 2 mates they still have
the same voice and expressions "YES!" I'm not
sure they perform like Dan in Mercs though :)

Garfield3d

Apr 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/12/98

Hey, I thought the battle music was spooled from the CD, did they take that
out? Is the music the same? And the AI is dumber, and they also changed attack
variables? Wait, no enhanced imaging in Mech 2? So, would you guys recommend
buying Mechwarrior 2 for $20.00 or the Titanium Trilogy for $39.99?

Oh, and on a completely different note, the World Wildlife Fund could use
some help.
If you feel like it, send donations to:
World Wildlife Fund
1250 Twenty-Fourth Street, NW
P.O. Box 96555
Washington, DC 20077-7787

The environment is kinda messed right now, help support environmental agencies.

Dennis Thompson

Apr 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/12/98

On 12 Apr 1998 17:38:40 GMT, garfi...@aol.com (Garfield3d) wrote:

> Oh, and on a completely different note, the World Wildlife Fund could use
>some help.
>If you feel like it, send donations to:
>World Wildlife Fund

<snip>

We should support wildlife...
They make tasty barbecue...

>The environment is kinda messed right now, help support environmental agencies.

I'm kinda messed up now too ... help support me.

(JUST KIDDING)

Yibid

Apr 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/12/98

Garfield3d wrote in message
<199804121738...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

oops, sorry if I didn't make it clear about the music.
The BATTLE music is from the CD, what is missing
is the Midi music in the Wolf Clan HQ.

If its graphics your looking for buy Titanium, if its Battle Tech your
looking for
buy the Classic MWII.

Darrell Mayeda

Apr 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/12/98

Yibid wrote:

> For those interested in what has changed.
> I finished the JF missions, and started
> Wolf clan.

did you pass all the missions in training. I passed my trial of
position but I was still listed as a cadet. Maybe because I failed Mech
handling lesson. Always did have trouble torso twisting and moving. I
was too slow.

Darrell Mayeda
drma...@pixi.com

Garfield3d

Apr 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/13/98

I believe the trial of Position he was refering to is during the game or
campaigns, ike once every four mission, you move up one. You are supposed to
complete secondary objectives in your real Trial of Position by shooting the
little flashy sphere in the sky after all first mechs are gone, that's the only
way to become Khan. I never even tried a training mission and I got to, I
think, galaxy captain, or something like that.

Oh, and on a completely different note, the World Wildlife Fund could use
some help.
If you feel like it, send donations to:
World Wildlife Fund

1250 Twenty-Fourth Street, NW
P.O. Box 96555
Washington, DC 20077-7787

The environment is kinda messed right now, help support environmental agencies.

Darrell Mayeda

Apr 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/13/98

IG88 wrote:

> My 2 cents: It is possible to reach the rank of Kahn. You do not need to go through
> the cadet training.
> You have to finish 2 levels of attacks in each trial, by either hitting the sphere
> or shooting a stationary
> mech.

I don't know. If you start at cadet and rise two ranks in each of the
four trials where will that leave you? I think in theory you will be
one short. No? In the original MW2 you started at Mechwarrior
regardless of whether you went through training. then again I think in
the last trial you can rise three ranks without trying. I'll have to
see.

Darrell Mayeda
drma...@pixi.com

IG88