Frame rate

Nick Darlington

Nov 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/1/97

6string wrote in message <636bf2$nh9$1...@news.preferred.com>...
[...]
>I would say it's right. I know a guy who claims he gets 70fps in GL Quake
on
>PPro 200 with a Rage 2 card, Monster 3D card combo. I think that's
probably
>high for GL Quake, but I would say 40-60 is reasonable for JK.
>
>6string

Framerates like that are quite possible in GLQuake, but people usually mess
around a lot with the gl variables in the Quake console and similar settings
on the 3Dfx card - as well as run in 512x384..

Can't see the point though since it's not worth the extra fps because you've
disabled the features.. you can't even (likely) see the extra frames anyway,
so you are 'degrading' the game :P

Anyway, enough drivelling from me here about Quake.. 'tis wrong group
anyways :)

Regards,
Nick