3-button mouse problem

Russ Iwanchuk

Oct 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/31/97

Hi. Anybody know anything about getting a 3-button mouse
to work with Jedi Knight? It seems like a pretty standard
mouse, connecting through a mouse port. Windows 95
recognizes it (I'm middle-clicking on files/folders to
open them--as if it's a double-click). Jedi Knight does
not.

TIA,
--Russ
iwan...@hotmail.com

Robert Huebner

Oct 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/31/97

A lot of Win95 utilities that give special behavior to your middle button
can confused JK as well because it is processing the button before JK gets
it and makes it looks like something else. So if you are running a util
that makes the MMB look like a double LMB click, this is probably what JK
sees as well. Best thing is to make sure you turn off any such utilities
before launching JK..

Walt

Oct 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/31/97

Robert Huebner wrote in message <63e6r6$dua$1...@ha1.rdc1.occa.home.com>...

>A lot of Win95 utilities that give special behavior to your middle button
>can confused JK as well because it is processing the button before JK gets
>it and makes it looks like something else. So if you are running a util
>that makes the MMB look like a double LMB click, this is probably what JK
>sees as well. Best thing is to make sure you turn off any such utilities
>before launching JK..

Translated: Turn off the double click in the mouse settings (In the Control
Panel for MS and Logitech mice) and assign it to 2nd button, or 3rd button,
or whatever.

Walt

B.T.Norman

Nov 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/3/97

I expect this is the same as for winquake, try setting your middle mouse
button to the "middle button" option instead of "double click"

This works for me so try it

Brian
b_no...@rocketmail.com