Respect

Sylvain Laquiche

Oct 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/4/99
Just a few words about -my vision of- respect in EQ

I played EQ for only 3 months now with 3 chars a roleplaying dwarf Paladin
15 on MM, a rp+PvP ogre Warrior 4 on Karana, and a gnome Wizard 12 on Sol
Ro.

EQ is a social game, a little world in itself where there are good-tempered
and ill-tempered persons, their temper depending much on their REAL life pb
and enjoyments than those lived in EQ. Keep these feelings at bay)

^ First thing about behavior :
Try and remember and a few things to get the game more enjoyable :
- Respect the odds : don't hate the twinker because he's got twice your AC
at half your level ) -that makes me mad but I don't let it show)-
- Respect others chars by trying and figuring their motives :
*Eq is not quake)) You can frag but it's more than alot Rp oriented. If
you don't care about Rp -and you have the right to- and a Rper talks to you
just put an intelligible word in your sentences like Sir, please, or even
Thank you... Not a 'kewl man cuz I neded dat' )
*If a player saves your butt from a MEAN monster because HE thought you
couldn't make it alone, don't call him a KSer A good aligned warrior will
try and save you by bashing your monster. That's all he can do
*If you /consent a player and he steals your equipment, well YOU did
wrong, and he just was good at treachery Don't spam with 250 /shout messages
* etc...

My point is just to say that everyone should be more talkative to avoid
stupid situations where you get Duelled once a day by ppl who can't keep
their nerves. The /ignore list is to be used in case of emergency only)

^MMmmm... One thing is about nationality
This game is great because of the ppl coming from all around the world. If
you read my post to this point I suppose you figured out I am not American,
I'm French in fact. I play with ppl from sweden , germany (lots on Sol Ro),
france (lots on Karana) and of course a lot af US ppl. And, not speaking
from just language, it's sometimes hard to get understood because of
cultural differences... Try not to hurt people It's meaningless in a game
You won't get happier IRL with that
Just wondering about that because I played with such different ppl such as a
58 years old US citizen and a 10 years old german kid... Needless to say
they don't have the same culture or humour hehehe

^Last thing about this NG's posts concerning best class and whinners
You can try almost all classes and races on Norrath at the same time You got
8 chars per server and more than 20 servers. So get online, play and stop
your complains. Classes are all good from my point of view, only game bugs
about the classes should be highlighted imo.
I heard one guy saying in game that his class sucked. He had no fun playing
it because he was always soloing. I had him in group and he behaved like a
mindless brute, pulling all and everything to his pleasure, he just needeed
heal backup and heavy dmg to finish the critters he couldn't handle with
sheer force... Well he sucked because of the way he played, but his char was
clean from a technical point of view. He had no respect for his group and
was minmaxing all to his sole needs.

Well I'm finished with my cackling) Enjoy this awesome game and see you one
day on Norrath !

Dinthado <Chevaliers Pandions> - Dw Pal15 MM
Fyrbol - Gn Wiz12 SolRo
Grotta - Og War4 Karana