EQ world tour update

Whittleberry

Feb 14, 2003, 6:27:53 PM2/14/03
Before the new expansion hits, I figured I'd post my EQ world tour
update. I've been to every zone in Norrath and Luclin, and am
currently working on the PoP zones. The Planes of Power are listed at
the end.

Acrylia Caverns (all but Inner Acrylia, keyquest is still broken)
Akanon (all)
Akheva Ruins (all)
Befallen (all)
Beholders Maze (all)
Black Burrow (all)
Burning Woods (all)
Butcherblock Mountains (all)
Cabilis East (most, nonkos to all but shm/nec)
Cabilis West (most, nonkos to all but shm/nec)
Cazic Thule (all)
Charasis (all)
Chardok (all, max ally to Di'Zok)
City of Mist (all)
Cobalt Scar (all)
Crushbone (all)
Crypt of Dalnir (all)
Crystal Caverns (all)
Dagnors Cauldron (all)
Dawnshroud Peaks (all)
Dragon Necropolis (all)
Dreadlands (all)
East Commonlands (all)
Eastern Karana (all)
Eastern Wastes (all)
Echo Caverns (all)
Emerald Jungle (all)
Erudin (all)
Erudin Palace (all)
Eruds Crossing (all)
Everfrost Peaks (all)
Feerrott (all)
Felwithe (all)
Field of Bone (all)
Fironia Vie (all)
Freeport East (all)
Freeport North (all)
Freeport West (all)
Frontier Mountains (all)
Fungus Grove (all)
Great Divide (all)
Greater Faydark (all)
Grieg's End (most)
Grimling Forest (all)
Grobb (all)
Halas (all)
Highhold Pass (all)
Highpass Keep (all)
Hollowshade Moor (all)
Iceclad Ocean (all)
Icewell Keep (most)
Innothule Swamp (all)
Jaggedpine Forest (all)
Kael Drakkal (all but Tormax area)
Kaesora (all)
Kaladim North (all)
Kaladim South (all)
Karnor's Castle (all)
Katta Castellum (all)
Kedge Keep (all)
Kerra Island (all)
Kithicor Forest (all)
Kurn's Tower (all)
Lake of Ill Omen (all)
Lake Rathetear (all)
Lavastorm Mountains (all)
Lesser Faydark (all)
Lower Guk (most)
Marauder's Mire (not on server)
Marus Seru (all)
Mines of Nurga (all)
Mistmoore Castle (to graveyard only)
Misty Thicket (all)
Mons Letalis (all)
Nagafens Lair (all but Naggy room)
Najena (all)
Nektulos Forest (all)
Neriak 3rd Gate (zonein area only)
Neriak Commons (half)
Neriak Foreign Quarter (half)
Netherbian Lair (all)
Northern Desert of Ro (all)
Northern Karana (all)
Oasis of Marr (all)
Ocean of Tears (most)
Ogguk (zonein area only)
Old Sebilis (all)
Paineel (zonein & newbie area only)
Paludal Caverns (all)
Permafrost (all but Vox room)
Plane of Air (all but Veeshan Isle)
Plane of Fear (all)
Plane of Growth (all)
Plane of Hate (first floor only)
Plane of Mischief (zonein area only)
Qeynos Aqueducts (most)
Qeynos Hills (all)
Qeynos North (all)
Qeynos South (all)
Rathe Mountains (all)
Rivervale (all)
Runnyeye (all)
Sanctus Seru (all but Seru)
Shadeweaver's Thicket (all)
Shadow Haven (all)
Shar Vahl (all)
Siren's Grotto (all)
Skyfire Mountains (all)
Skyshrine (all)
Sleeper's Tomb (all)
Soluseks Eye (all)
Southern Desert of Ro (all)
Southern Karana (all)
Splitpaw Lair (all)
Ssraeshza Temple (all)
Steamfont (all)
Stonebrunt Mountains (all)
Surefall Glades (all)
Swamp of no Hope (all)
Temple of Droga (all)
Temple of Solusek Ro (all)
Temple of Veeshan (all)
The Bazaar (all)
The Deep (all)
The Grey (all)
The Hole (all)
The Maiden's Eye (all)
The Nexus (all)
The Overthere (all)
The Scarlet Desert (all)
The Tenebrous Mountains (all)
The Twilight Sea (all)
The Umbral Plains (all)
Thurgadin (all)
Timorous Deep (all)
Tower of Frozen Shadow (all, but never saw Tserrina)
Toxxulia Forest (all)
Trakanon's Teeth (all)
Unrest (all)
Upper Guk (all)
Veeshan's Peak (half)
Velketor's Labyrinth (all)
Vex Thal (all)
Wakening Land (all)
Warrens (all)
Warslilks Woods (all)
West Commonlands (all)
Western Karana (all)
Western Wastes (all)

Planes of Power:

Bastion of Thunder (all, /hug Karana)
Crypt of Terris Thule (all)
Doomfire, The Burning Lands (unexplored)
Drunder, Fortress of Zek (zonein only, just got flagged)
Eryslai the Kingdom of Wind (unexplored)
Halls of Honor (parts, currently working on trials)
Plane of Disease (all)
Plane of Innovation (all)
Plane of Justice (all)
Plane of Knowledge (all)
Plane of Nightmare (all)
Plane of Storms (all)
Plane of Time (unexplored)
Plane of Torment (zonein only, VERY creepy)
Plane of Tranquility (all)
Plane of Valor (all)
Reef of Coirnav (unexplored)
Ruins of Lxanvom (up to Bertoxx ring)
Temple of Marr (unexplored)
Tower of Solusek Ro (unexplored)
Vegarlson the Earthen Badlands (unexplored)

I have a lot more to go in PoP, but it's been fun. I doubt I'll ever
seen the Plane of Time though :(

Whittleberry
65 Storm Warden
Tholuxe Paells

David Navarro

Feb 14, 2003, 7:07:11 PM2/14/03
Strangely enough, Whittleberry wrote:
> Before the new expansion hits, I figured I'd post my EQ world tour
> update. I've been to every zone in Norrath and Luclin, and am
> currently working on the PoP zones. The Planes of Power are listed at
> the end.

Nice going! I'm saving it for reference. I think that the only zone I
beat you on is Oggok (max ally to the Ogres :)

How difficult is it to raise Chardok faction?

--
Hanrahan Thornhide, Human Druid, 57, Fennin Ro

An Apple a day keeps Microsoft away.

jaZZmanian Devil

Feb 15, 2003, 3:48:08 AM2/15/03
David Navarro wrote:

> How difficult is it to raise Chardok faction?

Define "hard". :-)

If you consider the mind numbing slaughtering of greenies in the Mines
for days and days on end, and the saving up and turning in of salts and
skins to the little guy at the chardok entrance to be "easy", then it's
a piece of cake.

--
jaZZ md

"Because sometimes, you just really shouldn't go out without a baseball
bat."

jaZZmanian Devil

Feb 15, 2003, 3:51:24 AM2/15/03
Whittleberry wrote:

> I have a lot more to go in PoP, but it's been fun. I doubt I'll ever
> seen the Plane of Time though :(

You probably shouldn't feel too bad about that one. From what I've been
reading this week, Furor has hit a fucking brick wall in Plane of Earth
B. If he can't get past that ring event, I doubt many will.

Interesting Note: The key for PoE B was apparently not soulbound, nor
put on your keyring. This left the FoH wrecking crew in an interesting
situation when they first got in and wiped. hehe. Fortunately, Sony
still watches Furor's moves and corrected it, allegedly.

David Navarro

Feb 15, 2003, 3:55:28 AM2/15/03
Strangely enough, jaZZmanian Devil wrote:
> David Navarro wrote:
>
>> How difficult is it to raise Chardok faction?
>
> Define "hard". :-)
>
> If you consider the mind numbing slaughtering of greenies in the Mines
> for days and days on end, and the saving up and turning in of salts
> and skins to the little guy at the chardok entrance to be "easy", then
> it's a piece of cake.

Hm. Never mind Chardok, then. :)

--
Hanrahan Thornhide, Human Druid, 57, Fennin Ro

Pavlov's Dog and Schrodinger's Cat walk into a bar...

Sean Lowe

Feb 15, 2003, 7:20:26 AM2/15/03

"Whittleberry" <whittl...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Before the new expansion hits, I figured I'd post my EQ world tour
> update. I've been to every zone in Norrath and Luclin, and am
> currently working on the PoP zones. The Planes of Power are listed at
> the end.

<snip>

No Burnt Woods?

Thomas Houseman

Feb 16, 2003, 5:57:51 PM2/16/03
No Estate of the Undead - through the tunnel from Dagnor's Cauldron?
T.

Phonedude

Feb 16, 2003, 6:21:59 PM2/16/03

"Thomas Houseman" <thomash...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> No Estate of the Undead - through the tunnel from Dagnor's
Cauldron?

That's the Estate of Unrest and it's on his list.

PD

Tim Smith

Feb 16, 2003, 8:04:51 PM2/16/03
In article <27uq4vgi891dtb7m2...@4ax.com>, Whittleberry wrote:
> Before the new expansion hits, I figured I'd post my EQ world tour
> update. I've been to every zone in Norrath and Luclin, and am
> currently working on the PoP zones. The Planes of Power are listed at
> the end.

Any plans to get to cshome?

--
Evidence Eliminator is worthless: "www.evidence-eliminator-sucks.com"
--Tim Smith

Thomas Houseman

Feb 16, 2003, 9:04:21 PM2/16/03
So it is.....
I was looking under "Estate"
T.

--------------------

James Grahame

Feb 17, 2003, 2:14:23 PM2/17/03

"Whittleberry" <whittl...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Before the new expansion hits, I figured I'd post my EQ world tour
> update. I've been to every zone in Norrath and Luclin, and am
> currently working on the PoP zones. The Planes of Power are listed at
> the end.

Are you allowed to cheat and make a rogue? The old world zones you
haven't explored in full, like Mistmoore, could be done with a PL'ed
Hide/Sneak bot.

> Grieg's End (most)

The place is a hole, in terms of gameplay and decor. If you've seen the
way to Grieg/Servitor, and have killed Myral at the back entry, you've done
all that's worth doing there.

> Icewell Keep (most)

What part are you missing, the underground tunnels? With SoE and Invis
you should be able to take a whirlwind tour (some things see through, but
not much and you can just run like hell/evac).

> Lower Guk (most)

Again, what part are you missing? There's only one undead frog that
wanders live side, and the elemental that is KOS to all, so unless you hosed
that faction you could wander all of live side unscathed.

> Mistmoore Castle (to graveyard only)

This is worth making a rogue alt to see. Very nice decor.

> Neriak 3rd Gate (zonein area only)
> Neriak Commons (half)
> Neriak Foreign Quarter (half)

Make a newbie DE necro and look around. Again, it has some style to it
so worth seeing.

> Ogguk (zonein area only)

You can make a newbie ogre, but this zone isn't as visually exciting as
others.

> Paineel (zonein & newbie area only)

Worth exploring with a newbie erudite necro, or you could blow up a ton
of things in The Warrens and walk around unscathed.

> Doomfire, The Burning Lands (unexplored)

When you get to the elemental planes you'll end up seeing a lot of them.
There's nameds everywhere, both static and random pop.

> Drunder, Fortress of Zek (zonein only, just got flagged)

Tell me when you've seen the pig farmer. ;-)

> Halls of Honor (parts, currently working on trials)

Any one part of HoH looks like any other part. When you get to the
Temple of Marr, look very closely at the vases at zone-in and see if you can
find the picture where Mith Marr "pwns" someone.

> Plane of Time (unexplored)

You and everyone else in EQ!

> Plane of Torment (zonein only, VERY creepy)

The tower Saryn lives in is neat, and the swallowed event (you'll know
when you do it) is also really nifty. The rest of the zone is a tremendous
waste. Zone sits empty most of the time because of how bad it is for XP and
loot.

> Ruins of Lxanvom (up to Bertoxx ring)

Bertox ring is a lot of killing, not much in the way of scenery. It's
worth doing if only to see the intermediate bosses (AAAHHH! GIANT FLY!)

> Tower of Solusek Ro (unexplored)

This is a very nicely done zone. Each of the five trials has its own
unique architecture and mob models, and the central area over the lake of
lava is breathtaking. If you can turn on graphics for a bit, it's even more
impressive as many mobs have flames coming off them. Even though nothing
drops that I'd really feel justified sending a tell to get, and no
tradeskill items drop that I'd use, I love going back to raid there.

> I have a lot more to go in PoP, but it's been fun. I doubt I'll ever
> seen the Plane of Time though :(

If you're as far along as you seem to be, don't count yourself out.

James

Dennis Francis Heffernan

Feb 17, 2003, 5:49:48 PM2/17/03
On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 19:14:23 GMT, "James Grahame" <jamesg...@shaw.ca>
wrote:

| Are you allowed to cheat and make a rogue? The old world zones you
|haven't explored in full, like Mistmoore, could be done with a PL'ed
|Hide/Sneak bot.

Don't even need to PL. Level 1 puntling Rogues can Hide/Sneak.

Dennis F. Heffernan EQ: Venture Fletcher(E'ci) heff...@comcast.net
#include <disclaim.h> ICQ:9154048 CompSci/Philosophy
"It's better some times if we don't get to touch our dreams."
-- Harry Chapin

Davian

Feb 17, 2003, 7:16:14 PM2/17/03

"Dennis Francis Heffernan" <heff...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 19:14:23 GMT, "James Grahame" <jamesg...@shaw.ca>
> wrote:
>
> | Are you allowed to cheat and make a rogue? The old world zones you
> |haven't explored in full, like Mistmoore, could be done with a PL'ed
> |Hide/Sneak bot.
>
> Don't even need to PL. Level 1 puntling Rogues can Hide/Sneak.

Getting to level 3 takes all of 45 minutes. Even if you're ultra slow and
never leave the newbie zone.

IMO, it's worth it not to be an assling.

--
Dearic

Dwarven Overlord on E'ci

Dennis Francis Heffernan

Feb 18, 2003, 12:24:45 AM2/18/03
On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 19:16:14 -0500, "Davian" <dav...@nospam.mindspring.com>
wrote:

|Getting to level 3 takes all of 45 minutes. Even if you're ultra slow and
|never leave the newbie zone.

A Level 3 Rogue has skills capped at 20...takes forever to enter stealth
mode. Even at 50 it's no picnic.

|IMO, it's worth it not to be an assling.

Well, it's not like it would be permanent. :-)

(Actually I do have a baby puntling Warrior myself. Haven't had time to
level him up any though and probably won't.)

-Martin

Feb 18, 2003, 4:10:06 AM2/18/03
"Davian" <dav...@nospam.mindspring.com> wrote in message

> IMO, it's worth it not to be an assling.

Coming from a dorf......

--
-m
assling rogue (Prexus)