Duke Nukem sequel?? YES!

MTG Gambit

Feb 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/11/97

Ok, yes there will be a Duke Nukem sequel coming out sometime this year,
here is an exclusive interview with one of the designers of Duke3d:

GSW: What can you tell us about the next Duke Nukem game? Can we expect a
sequel for Holiday 1997? <Picture>

George: There will be a sequel to Duke Nukem 3D. We are deciding now what
technology we will use. It is likely we will do one more 25-30 level game
with an improved Build engine. Possibly with polygon characters, but we
are still in the fact finding stages. I do expect to be in full production
in a sequel to Duke by Xmas 1996.

Scott: Geoff, we are also making Duke Nukem Forever, which will be out
next Christmas for sure. DN Forever is not a sequel though, rather it's
simply another episode in the life of Duke, just like each episode of Star
Trek is not a sequel to the previous episode.

DN Forever will be a side-scrolling platform game similar to the original
two Duke games, but with far better technology and graphics. We're using
the same Duke model from Duke Nukem 3D and adding dozens of new frames.
Duke will climb chains/poles, ladders, walk hand- over-hand along wires
and pipes, do midair flips and ride several vehicles, including a jet ski
and a Harley.

The graphics will be very realistic and dark in style, and not cartoonish
like the first two Duke platform games. Duke will have several familiar
weapons, like the shotgun, RPG and Ripper, plus several new weapons. And,
of course, he'll have his legendary
attitude and Duke Talk(tm). <smiles> (The (tm) is a joke, by the way.
<laughs>)

Well, there you have it, if you want the WWW address from where i got this
interview e-mail me, it also shows a scene with the new Duke graphics at
that page, Woh, really impressive!!!!

Tester

Feb 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/11/97

Yeah right, theyre gonna get a Duke Sequel done by Xmas, just like they did with Shadow Warrior and Blood.
And OJ is innocent.

Give me a break.  I wish they would just shut the fuck up until the shit is done.

Tester

MTG Gambit <mtgg...@aol.com> wrote in article <19970211022...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

Charlie Wiederhold

Feb 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/11/97

"Tester" <tes...@wwa.com> decided to say:

>Yeah right, theyre gonna get a Duke Sequel done by Xmas, just like they did
>with Shadow Warrior and Blood.
>And OJ is innocent.

Well think about it... if they use an improved build engine... then it is
extremely feasible that they could have it done. We do all know that no date set
by _ANY_ software developer is very good. But, guess who keeps bugging the crap
out of them to give dates when it will be released?? People like you who have
nothing better to do than gripe and moan about the gaming companies.

>Give me a break. I wish they would just shut the fuck up until the shit is
>done.

Hmmm... maybe you should listen to your own advice... I'd almost rather hear
them talk than to hear a person like you griping and whining.

Charlie Wiederhold
Programmer - Sunstorm Interactive Inc.
WiederWeb - http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/wieder/
wie...@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin - Computer Sciences

WiederWeb RTS Archive is BACK! http://www.maximum-carnage.com

MTC-usuario7

Feb 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/12/97