From DOOMED to DEU!

J.G.Ness

Jun 19, 1994, 12:51:28 PM6/19/94

I need some help here with DEU.

I have tried to edit a wad file that I started in DOOMED on DEU.

But when I saved the file in DEU it ABSOLUTELY FRAGS the WHOLE level.

I mean I am talking total catastrophication here. :)

Anyone know whats going on.

Also can someone tell me whether a BSP program is needed wiht DEU or not? and
why it is needed?

Thanks for any help.

Jason.
PS A fledgling DOOM Designer (He hopes!)

Tom Neff

Jun 20, 1994, 12:32:10 AM6/20/94
In article <73...@raven.ukc.ac.uk>, J.G.Ness <j...@ukc.ac.uk> wrote:

>I need some help here with DEU.
>
>I have tried to edit a wad file that I started in DOOMED on DEU.
>
>But when I saved the file in DEU it ABSOLUTELY FRAGS the WHOLE level.
>
>I mean I am talking total catastrophication here. :)
>
>Anyone know whats going on.

Make sure you used DEU 5.2 or later.

If you moved vertexes and sectors around in DEU, make sure you answer
Yes when it asks you whether to rebuild NODES.

If "FRAGS" means that DoomEd no longer sees its "Platforms," sorry. No
other editor understands, respects or believes in that directory entry.

If none of these suggestions help, mail me with more details.
--
Tom Neff tn...@panix.com ...!panix!tneff