drowned god

regen

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

Help! Does anyone know how to get back into the sun pyramid, in the Chesed
time period?
I went out before I finished my task and know there is a large sphere
blocking the entrance.
I don't want to have to start the game all over from the beginning.

Thanks in advance.

David "I Don't Like SPAM" Wood

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

Yayyy! He found the Creatures Secret Adventure Mode too!!!

Obviously the first means of getting back to the pyramid, the time
machine, won't work now because you had to leave it behind on the first
trip. There is another means, however, and it requires some preparation.

It helps if the top and coffeepot are already in the mover between the
island and the lighthouse.

If you haven't already tricked the grendel into eating multiple
deathcaps, do so. Skin it with the stone knife, and when offered the
choice of things to make with the stone knife, pick "wetsuit." Put on
the wetsuit -- it's a tricky series of pushes and pulls every time you
play; watch what the norn does to figure out which way you should go
next.

Just so you can get everything else in one trip, put the exploding
carrot in the incubator and grab the incubator. You can't put the coffee
and carrot in the incubator together, or else it explodes prematurely,
and you can't put the coffeepot and top in the incubator together or
else the whole rig just vanishes. (You'll understand why in just a bit.)

Go down to that mover again where you already have the coffeepot and
top. Get in. Drop the incubator in the cart with you. Grab the carrot.
Then wait; this requires timing.

When the mover is just under the sunken statue, PULL the exploding
carrot. This is important; if he PUSHes it, he eats it. Not only will
this kill the norn, but the image of the liquefied norn spraying out the
face-hole of the wetsuit is precious. I recommend saving your game just
before that point and doing it that way anyway, just to see it.

Anyway, when you pull the exploding carrot, the mover is destroyed and
the tube around him starts to flood. That's the other reason you need
the wetsuit. Quickly now...

: push toy into incubator
: push drink onto toy
: push toy
And while the top is spinning...
: push incubator.

There will be a brilliant flash of light, and you should find yourself
at the sun pyramid, already behind the guards. At that point, just
enter.

FREEBIE: To get out of the pyramid, you'll need to get past the High
Priest, who will have taken up a position at the entrance. Before then,
though, you'll find a loaf of bread. Get the bread, but DO NOT EAT IT!
If you see the recipe card for it, you'll understand why. Take that too.

To get past the High Priest...

: give food to priest
He'll be unsure of it, but he'll eat it. The fool! Now...
: show card to priest
...and he'll be too busy vomiting to order your execution. Take that
opportunity to get away fast.

Hope this helps. If it doesn't, then you might want to pick the
newsgroup you post to a little more carefully next time.

--David
Aspiring Carnivore

slink

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998 14:17:38 -0500, "David \"I Don't Like SPAM\" Wood"
<pyxi...@sickofSPAM.erols.com> wrote:

<something very funny, but long>

>--David
>Aspiring Carnivore

Thank you, I needed that. <grin>

Sandra -> http://www.netins.net/showcase/slink/
GEEK CODE Version 3.12: GS>AT !d(++)@ s:+ a+ C+++($) !U(C/H$) P(+)@
L E? W++ N++ o? K? w(++)@ O !M V(+) PS+() PE(++)@ Y+ PGP? t++@ 5? X?
R+ tv-- b++(++++)@ DI++++ D G e++++ h+(++)($) r+++ x+++

Cindy Brown

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

thanks for brightening an unexpectedly grey day.....:)

EverAPath

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

>: push toy into incubator
>: push drink onto toy
>: push toy
>And while the top is spinning...
>: push incubator.

AHA!!! (I wasn't spinning the top!) Bless you!!! ;)

Daljit of NORN

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

>Hope this helps. If it doesn't, then you might want to pick the
>newsgroup you post to a little more carefully next time.

ROFLMAO!! That's gotta be one of the funniest anti-spam things EVER!!!
Sounds like this "Creatures Secret Adventure Mode" is a lot of fun though.
;)

--
Daljit of NORN
"We sacrifice Navens/Naven Boys!"

Daljit: The NORN are members of the NDWAL, the SPCG, and the RfNS.
Indigo: ::brandishes Picket sign:: Get yes rights for Norns!
Flame: Sigfile shmigfile! Err, get yes Norn Doll!
Karma: Grendels are your friends too!
Nornan: ::big nornish grin::
Grndl: ::big grendel grin::

NORN Members: Karma, Alyssa, Trissy, Flame
Military/Strategic Advisor: JDreddfull
Head of Covert Operations: DAL the self proclaimed demigod
NORN Maintenance Director: Shon
Head of General Weirdness: Spoon
Official Counselor of the GroupMind: CindyPsych

Brad Fermanich

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

Daljit of NORN wrote:
> >Hope this helps. If it doesn't, then you might want to pick the
> >newsgroup you post to a little more carefully next time.
> ROFLMAO!! That's gotta be one of the funniest anti-spam things EVER!!!
> Sounds like this "Creatures Secret Adventure Mode" is a lot of fun though.
> ;)
>
> --
> Daljit of NORN

My God... I had tears coming outta my eyes...

--
Brad.

ICQ: 5690051

http://rw1.rworld.com/brf/index.htm

Sparrow

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

>Chicken Limbo's the one
>bbiiiiiig fun
>chicken limbo's the one
>biiiiiiig fun
>Chicken Limbo
>*BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! GOTCHA!*
>Chicken Limbo

Whoa! LOL! :)

elemkay

Feb 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/26/98

wrote:

>regen wrote:

>> Help! Does anyone know how to get back into the sun pyramid, in the Chesed
>> time period?
>> I went out before I finished my task and know there is a large sphere
>> blocking the entrance.
>> I don't want to have to start the game all over from the beginning.
>
>Yayyy! He found the Creatures Secret Adventure Mode too!!!

/Somebody/ PLEASE save this for posterity. Maybe Lee? Certainly seems
like a "Gem" to me!!

<tg>

Linda

http://www.mindspring.com/~elemkay/creatures/

DEMO101

Feb 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/26/98

<snip the secrets>

I can't seem to get it to work.....hmmm......maybe I need to edit the top's
sprites so that it's a spinning norn's head instead.....and make the carrot
implode, thus creating a spacial rift inside the incubator, and THEN put in the
coffee pot........and then go play a game of chicken limbo

by Milton Bradley
-Das, The logical Athiest gamer UIN#6920984
http://members.aol.com/DEMO101/Albia.html
Albia Express
tell me if I can use your norns/grendels/cobs/utilities
founder of DaNs. members: Das, Ping

Daljit of NORN

Feb 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/26/98

>> >Hope this helps. If it doesn't, then you might want to pick the
>> >newsgroup you post to a little more carefully next time.
>> ROFLMAO!! That's gotta be one of the funniest anti-spam things EVER!!!
>> Sounds like this "Creatures Secret Adventure Mode" is a lot of fun
though.
>> ;)
>My God... I had tears coming outta my eyes...

And beer coming outta your nose... ;)

--
Daljit of NORN

Brad Fermanich

Feb 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/26/98

Daljit of NORN wrote:
> >> ROFLMAO!! That's gotta be one of the funniest anti-spam things EVER!!!
> >> Sounds like this "Creatures Secret Adventure Mode" is a lot of fun
> though.
> >> ;)
> >My God... I had tears coming outta my eyes...
>
> And beer coming outta your nose... ;)
>
> --
> Daljit of NORN

Well... It was so good I put the beer down early on...Otherwise I woulda
had to clean out the keyboard.

CBBRLB

Feb 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/27/98

I have to tell David/"I Don't Like SPAM/" Wood how much I enjoyed his response
to regen!!!!!!!!!!! When I started reading I thought 'what is he talking
about?' The ending was priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Had to make my husband
read it too!!!!!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!! You made my
day!!!!!!!!
Carol

RudeDog

Feb 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/27/98

HAHAHA HOHO :->

RudeDog
--
Laughing so much, it hurts! (ow!) he he ha ha hoo

David "I Don't Like SPAM" Wood

Feb 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/27/98

CBBRLB wrote:

> I have to tell David/"I Don't Like SPAM/" Wood how much I enjoyed his response
> to regen!!!!!!!!!!!

(bows)

> When I started reading I thought 'what is he talking
> about?' The ending was priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Uh-oh... could there be people that don't know about this mode?

Looks like I'll have to dig up and post the ENTIRE walkthrough once I
finish it myself... >:)

> Had to make my husband
> read it too!!!!!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!! You made my
> day!!!!!!!!

Glad to be of service!

--David
Aspiring Carnivore... now, where'd I put that "INFORM" manual?

John Glover

Mar 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/3/98

The message <34F5EB7A.2350@nospam_sltic.com>
from Brad Fermanich <BRF123@nospam_sltic.com> contains these words:

> ICQ: 5690051

> http://rw1.rworld.com/brf/index.htm

I'm not the only one that gets that! Phew I thought I was mad!

jasp,

--
I want Life Kit, Norn: Norn push phone Guy:Err?
I've got book, Phone: Dring, Dring click. Norn:Errer

Kevin Fast

Mar 24, 2022, 4:28:12 PM3/24/22