how do I get rid of this pest?

Her Serene Highness

Nov 26, 2002, 9:08:50 AM11/26/02

"Tess" <unns...@aol.com> wrote in message news:92d2.7a38.3de@YHBT...
> Hi, I've been lurking here for a while and you seem like a decent bunch
> to me :)
> I was hoping someone could possibly advise me on a problem I have with a
> guy who is stalking me online? He posts as KCOM, and signs his name as
> Steve. He seemed friendly enough when he first e-mailed me, but recently
> he's gone nuts. He demands to meet me, and is constantly e-mailing me
> naked pictures of himself. When I asked him to stop in case my 12 year
> old daughter opened the mail first, he laughed and said that he hopes
> that she does :-(
> This guy is really creeping me out, and I'm scared in case he knows
> where I live. I called the cops, they said they couldn't do anything,
> but that I should report him to his isp. I have no idea how to do that.
> Any suggestions much appreciated.
> Thanks!

Report him to his ISP, sending copies of his letters. If you are in the US,
he's also in violation of FCC regs. Make copies of all his email to you and
vice versa. And go to the Internet Yellow Pages and remove your address in
info if it is there.

Finally, change your email address.

Her Serene Highness

Nov 26, 2002, 9:11:46 AM11/26/02

"Tess" <unns...@aol.com> wrote in message news:92d2.7a38.3de@YHBT...
> Hi, I've been lurking here for a while and you seem like a decent bunch
> to me :)
I did some checking. Tess (or Betty) also showed up on another group with
the same note but a different email address. I think this is a troll.

Dan Logcher

Nov 26, 2002, 9:19:35 AM11/26/02
Her Serene Highness wrote:

I would also suggest contacting local authorities. And possibly
getting a restraining order.

--
Dan

Shad

Nov 26, 2002, 9:24:39 AM11/26/02

"Her Serene Highness" <nysm...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Definitely a troll. Same message appears in several NGs under
the name Samantha, Angela, etc.

Shad

Dan Logcher

Nov 26, 2002, 9:26:30 AM11/26/02
Her Serene Highness wrote:

She could be trying to get feedback from other groups too..

Check out
<http://groups.google.com/groups?q=KCOM&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search>
There seems to be plenty of people who Steve Wolk has annoyed.
The naked picture emails sure sounds like his MO.

--
Dan

Her Serene Highness

Nov 26, 2002, 9:59:54 AM11/26/02

"Dan Logcher" <dlogcher*xspam*@attbi.com> wrote in message

My goodness- he sounds like a monster.

Gastronome

Nov 26, 2002, 10:19:45 AM11/26/02
>I did some checking. Tess (or Betty) also showed up on another group with
>the same note but a different email address. I think this is a troll.

That's really, really sad.

Her Serene Highness

Nov 26, 2002, 11:52:29 AM11/26/02

"Gastronome" <gastr...@aol.com> wrote in message

> >I did some checking. Tess (or Betty) also showed up on another group with
> >the same note but a different email address. I think this is a troll.
> >

> That's really, really sad.
Well, look at Dan's note above- she may not be.

Dan Logcher

Nov 26, 2002, 12:03:45 PM11/26/02
Her Serene Highness wrote:

Hard to say.. If it's true, I feel for her. If not,
it's sad. I had a friend who was stalked by a crazed
woman in Oragon a while back. He met her on IRC and
she started emailing, then smailing, then calling
on the phone. It was freakish.

--
Dan

asah...@nospam.com

Nov 26, 2002, 8:35:43 PM11/26/02
In article <HuLE9.37180$mL2....@nwrddc01.gnilink.net>,
"Shad" <Sh...@gill.net> wrote:

Yep, I concur.

Scott

Big Bazza

Nov 27, 2002, 3:31:01 AM11/27/02

"Tess" <unns...@aol.com> wrote in message news:92d2.7a38.3de@YHBT...
> Hi, I've been lurking here for a while and you seem like a decent bunch
> to me :)
> I was hoping someone could possibly advise me on a problem I have with a
> guy who is stalking me online? He posts as KCOM, and signs his name as
> Steve. He seemed friendly enough when he first e-mailed me, but recently
> he's gone nuts. He demands to meet me, and is constantly e-mailing me
> naked pictures of himself. When I asked him to stop in case my 12 year
> old daughter opened the mail first, he laughed and said that he hopes
> that she does :-(
> This guy is really creeping me out, and I'm scared in case he knows
> where I live. I called the cops, they said they couldn't do anything,
> but that I should report him to his isp. I have no idea how to do that.
> Any suggestions much appreciated.
> Thanks!

Don't answer this poster , it is a TROLL with many women's names posted all
over many Newsgroups under many different names..

Bigbazza