please note : crash details

Five of Hearts

Mar 11, 2006, 5:03:19 PM3/11/06

Not everything I write is showing up where it should.

Tell me, what does this 'front page' mentality reflect??

Anyway, since it didn't go through the first time, here it is:

====

First of all, M. had taken a vacation the previous week.

On Friday, she was acting mighty suspiciously.

She left later than her usual time.

She had been quite bitchy to me earlier in the week.

I received a card requesting Moby's 'Hotel', and she didn't know the
person who sent it, and that ticked her off mightily. She kept coming
back to me about it, she couldn't locate the person who had sent it.

So, the next day, I went to Budget on Halsted, my usual pick-up place. I
was running a bit late. I got there about an hour late, and they told
me they no longer had the car.

But then the clerk told me that there was another Budget 'just up the
road'. I walked, and walked, and there wasn't. I had my bags with me.

I ended up getting the Halsted bus down to Harrison, and the Harrison
bus to the office, where I sent some e-mails and made some phone calls
looking for a rental. I received confirmation e-mails in my box. Called
Enterprise and left a message, and got a phone response from them
right away, saying they had a car. I mean, they called me almost
immediately.

Got there, and yet another thing was weird : the car was RED. It is
unfailingly silver when I rent it. Very weird. But okay, got the car,
went to my dad's.

That night, the dog was barking his head off. He doesn't do that - he
doesn't get angry often. It was unusual enough to frighten me.

The next morning I hauled up six crates of LPs to my apartment.
Everything went off without a hitch, because I drove carefully.

In the afternoon, I decided to load up and haul six more boxes up.
As I was leaving, I saw a rather large middle-aged man watching me.
The neighborhood is mixed race, and I know all of the white people in
it, and I didn't recognize this guy.

I knew I was being followed. I decided to stay in the right lane and
drive slowly, since I'd had experience in the past with people cutting
me off and so forth.

Got all the way up to, oh, around Lawrence, where there appeared to be a
hold-up in the right-hand lane. I came to a stop. I couldn't see the
car that was two cars in front of me, but I could tell that it was
stopped. I assumed they were having car trouble.

However, as soon as I came to a stop, the car in front of me pulled out
into the next lane, and the car that had been 'stopped' suddenly started
up again as if there were no problem. But before I had time to reflect
on that, I saw the black Infiniti accelerating at an alarming rate
behind me. He was some distance behind me, and he really slammed on the
gas. I was hit in a matter of seconds, but during that brief moment, I
thought, "they're gonna kill me."

My car spun out into the middle of Lake Shore Drive, and by some miracle
avoided being hit by other cars heading north. It ended up facing the
east and stalled. Got out of the car, shaking, and looked at the
damage. I looked around and panicked. Some people slowed down and
offered to call 911. One woman gave me her phone to call 911, and I
did. I stood in the middle of LSD with the car, shouting, 'they tried
to kill me.'

I saw skid marks going off LSD, down an embankment to the right. I
thought that for sure the driver would be injured or even dead.

I was afraid of the driver, and afraid to move, so I stayed next to the
car on LSD until the police and paramedics arrived. First the
paramedics arrived. It was then that the driver, who identified himself
to police as 'Mugur Simionov' with a Belmont address, slowly walked up
the embankment. He gave me a transparently phony 'oh, sorry, I didn't
know what I was doing.' I just looked at him. He was blatantly phony
about the whole thing. His emotional affect was flat and insincere.

The paramedics saw that I was crying and afraid, and they asked me to
sit inside the ambulance until the police arrived.

====

Also, it appears that someone knows who my therapist was in Nebraska!

My word, you people are fucking nasty.