Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Doug Sewell

ungelesen,
20.07.1990, 16:51:3720.07.90
an
I just saw this posted in another newsgroup (I deleted most of the
original article from the B.A.R., due to irrelevancy):
***
This news analysis was lifted from the current issue of the
_Bay_Area_Reporter_, without permission:

Dannemeyer The Invincible?
By Keith Clark
Last fall he brought a resolution before the state GOP that defined
gay men's sexual activities in explicit detail, along the way
claiming that gays insert such things as "interesting dildos" and
gerbils up their rectums.

When one elderly Republican delegate asked Dannemeyer what dildos
were, he replied that they were "something like darning needles."

In June 1989 Dannemeyer entered four full pages of similar
inflammatory remarks and misinformation into the
_Congressional_Record_.
Doug

William December Starr

ungelesen,
21.07.1990, 13:44:2721.07.90
an

In article <90201.16...@ysub.ysu.edu>,
DO...@ysub.ysu.edu (Doug Sewell) said:

> This news analysis was lifted from the current issue of the

> _Bay_Area_Reporter_, without permission:...

> > In June 1989 Dannemeyer entered four full pages of similar
> > inflammatory remarks and misinformation into the
> > _Congressional_Record_.

My favorite trick was the one pulled (unintentionally) by the
late Hale Boggs of Louisiana. In order to make it easier to
Concresscritters to "enter" stuff into the Congressional Record,
the House at some time in the distant past changed the rules so
that you didn't have to actually stand up in the House chambers
and say the words; you could just have an aide submit a written
copy of what you'd "said" to the Recording Secretary, and it
would appear in the Record.

So one fine Friday afternoon, Boggs had his aide drop off copies
of some official remarks that he wanted entered in the Record.
On Saturday, Boggs was killed in a plane crash in Alaska. And,
according to the Congressional Record, the official journal of
the House of Representatives of the Unites States, on the
following Monday he stood on the floor of the House chamber and
delivered a ten-minute speech.

Neat trick if you can do it... :-)

0 neue Nachrichten