Hall B, room 36

1 view

CoConut59

Jul 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/27/99
Hi, I wanted to tell about the strange thing that happened when I worked the
night shift. I am a LVN and a few years back I was working at a nursing home.
I worked the evening shift 2pm til 10pm, when I was asked if I could fill in on
the night shift for awhile. I needed some overtime so I gladly jumped on the
extra hours. One night while I was standing in a patients room in the corner
of my eye I saw a tall skinny old man with a hat on walk by out in the hall.
I don't know what you call those kind of hats-- they were the kind that every
man seem to be wearing in pictures from the 40s or 50s. Anyway it was about 3
am and visiting hours were long over. I stuck my head out of the room and
quietly called "Martha" she was one of the nurses aids that also worked on that
hall. Martha popped out of one of the other rooms and I motioned her to the
nurses station. I asked her who was that man? She said she hadn't seen anyone
and so I went and checked the front door to make sure it was locked. Yes it
was locked already just like I thought. Martha told me, "maybe it was the
ghost" she went on to tell me that other people had thought they had seen a
tall skinny man with a hat on. Martha had been working this night shift for
several years, so she went into several stories about the different people that
had seen this guy. She also told me about room 36 on B hall. She said all the
nurses aids know that there must be a ghost in there that takes care of the
patients in that room. Both of the patients in that room were comatose and
both had been in that room for about two years. Neither one of the patients
were able to press the call light (at this nursing home, there was no intercom
system that would call directly to the nuses station, the patient would push
the call light button and a light outside of their door would turn on and
that's how the staff would know they needed assistance. Of corse with patients
that our comatose, nurses make rounds and check on those patients every two
hours.) Martha went on to tell me that room 36's call light will come on at
all hours of the night and when ever they go to check the room and turn off the
light sure enough one of the patients will need to have their linens changed
due to incontinents. I took what Martha said with a grain of salt, because I
had never heard or seen any of this action on the enening shift that I normally
worked. A couple of nights later, the nurses aids and I were sitting up at the
nurses station. We had all just finished our different rounds and were
drinking coffee and talking. I looked up and as I looked I saw the light turn
on for room 36, B-Hall. I knew all the other girls that were working there
that night were sitting right there with me. I said "Look ya'll there it goes"
They grumbled knowing that meant someone must be dirty and they were enjoying
ther break. They trusted that light that much. I told them I wanted to go
down there with them to see this for myself. When we got to the room, one of
the comatose patients was literally choking on their own phlegm. I grabbed a
suction machine and proceeded to take care of this woman. The strange thing is
-- we had all just done our rounds, I had checked on that patient within the
last hour. If that call light had not went on, that woman may have strangled.
I was astonished, but the nurses aids that are used to the gost of B-hall rm
36, were not astonished at all they merely said " See, he really does care
about those patients!" I'll never forget that, I was glad to get back to my
evening shift but always was aware when I went into rm 36 that I may have
someone watching what I was doing!

tammy
porch moma cat

RedBear

Jul 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/27/99
WOW cool story...thanks for posting it.

--
Bran
Southern Gentleman, Porch Scholar &

SilverGrrI

Jul 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/27/99
Awesome story!

BTW: the hat in question is called a "fedora"
Erica Lynn B.
"To the believer, no explanation is necessary. To the non believer, no
explanation is possible."
-Peter James, psychic

Kevin & Pauline

Jul 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/27/99
Maybe he's a guardian angel.

Pauline :)

SilverGrrI <silve...@aol.comnojunk> wrote in message

thumper

Jul 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/27/99
Could have also been a "derby" (Like what Curly from the 3 Stooges
sometimes would wear).

SilverGrrI wrote:

> Awesome story!
>
> BTW: the hat in question is called a "fedora"

--

หอออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออป
บ บ

LITTLEPJoo

Jul 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/28/99
This is creepy Tammy!
PJ

Uriel

Jul 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/28/99
Great story tammy. By the way, I think the hat you were referring to is a fedora.
Like the kind Harry Anderson used to wear sometimes on Night Court.

--
Uriel... The Dark Angel
and official porch N'er Do Well

http://www.mindspring.com/~uriel443

Thus emailed Zarathustra

Alchemist

Jul 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/28/99
Great story, and a very interesting experience. Thanks Tammy.

--
^ ^
{~o\o~}

Stero Pa'Col
The Alchemist, 32° (and Illuminati)
http://www.jacksonville.net/~park/spr.htm
"You get it up, and I'll guide it in." -- Air Traffic Controllers slogan

CoConut59 <coco...@aol.com> wrote in message

Free Spirit

Jul 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/29/99
kool story... thanks for the read!

FS

Arrmand Adams

Jul 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/30/99
CoConut59 writes

Nursing homes do that, only at nights do you find out these things,
maybe its part and parcel of night duty. I have done night nursing for
years and belive me homes and hospitals take on a life of there own
during the wee small hours.

--
Arrmand Adams

Arrmand Adams

Jul 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/30/99
Kevin & Pauline writes

>Maybe he's a guardian angel.

Also he could have been a resident who was well looked after and decided
to become a spooky nurse himself.

--
Arrmand Adams

Temperance

Aug 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/14/99
That was eerie no wonder I feel wierd everytime I go and vist
Hospitals and Nurseing home's. (shiver)