Got a compliment today!

cofarb

Nov 1, 2005, 7:35:55 PM11/1/05
In the middle of "one of those days" (and one of those *weeks*) where
everything seemed to be as fouled up as possible, I got an unexpected
compliment.

A woman who appeared to be in her late 70s or early 80s gave me an approving
once-over and pronounced my outfit "really very cute" in a matter-of-fact
way. She looked pretty spiffy herself, with a cute little tam (complete
with pom-pom), so I figured she knew what she was talking about. I admit
that it really cheered me up.

Bet you want to know what I was wearing, huh? Okay: a pale pinky-lavendery
chenille v-neck sweater, black a-line above-the-knee skirt, black knee-high
boots (sort of chunky, almost goth-like) and the denim jacket that I
embellished with embroidery and appliqued ribbons and decorative buttons.
And two "strands" of pink pearls that are separated by free-form gold
"twigs" (the pearls are about the same color as the sweater I was wearing).

Anyway, that brief encounter really brightened my day. I try to give
compliments like that, too, but I probably don't do it as often as I should.
It can make such a difference in someone's day.

cofarb

itsjoannotjoann

Nov 1, 2005, 8:22:47 PM11/1/05

cofarb wrote:
> In the middle of "one of those days" (and one of those *weeks*) where
> everything seemed to be as fouled up as possible, I got an unexpected
> compliment.
>
> cofarb

How nice!! Compliments are always appreciated!

Stevie

Nov 1, 2005, 8:50:03 PM11/1/05
adorable outfit cofarb!
Stevie

val189

Nov 3, 2005, 10:37:47 AM11/3/05

cofarb wrote:

> Anyway, that brief encounter really brightened my day. I try to give
> compliments like that, too, but I probably don't do it as often as I should.
> It can make such a difference in someone's day.

Let's make it a group pledge!! Even if you HATE the outfit.......

ahmward

Nov 3, 2005, 4:33:51 PM11/3/05

"val189" <gweh...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

For the past five years I have tutored at the high school. One of the
teachers has complimented me all the time about my outfits and weight
loss. Well, this year she has begun to lose weight, and I am definitely
returning the compliments.

progr...@aol.com

Nov 3, 2005, 10:53:24 PM11/3/05
I`ll share my little compliments story since I came here to post a
message asking about something else but this title caught my eye and
reminded me of Saturday night.....I am a male-to-female transgendered
person..That is I am biologically a male but like to dress as a
woman..Anyway..Halloween is the perfect day to go out in the real world
and mingle when dressed en femme without worrying about being accousted
so I went to see my friends rock band play at a local club all decked
out as my fem persona..We were standing by the stage with me in my best
blonde wig,pink sweater and black pleated skirt and my friend looking
quite male as usual when this girl walked up to my friend and said,
"The girl over there says she wants to feel your boobs"..My friend
looks confused and started to head over when the girl at the table says
to her friend who had approached us, "Not him. The other guy". Well
this girl turns and looks at me and then right past me and says "What
other guy?"..Finally they got it figured out and I walked over to the
table where this gang of young ladies was sitting and the first one who
had made the request double checked that I was indeed a male before
poking one of my breasts (Gel forms actually) and proclaiming that they
felt real. But another gal at the other side at the table looked on in
confusion and said "Wait a minute. You`re a guy???"..It was such a
great feeling!..I received a number of other compliments that night
from many women about how good I looked and it really meant a lot to me

progr...@aol.com

Nov 3, 2005, 10:58:08 PM11/3/05
I made a little page with one of my photos on it in case my story got
anyone curious

http://hometown.aol.com/programbo5/index.html

cofarb

Nov 4, 2005, 7:38:55 AM11/4/05
Cute story. It's too bad that you don't have more opportunities throughout
the year to dress the way you want without fearing attacks.

cofarb

<progr...@aol.com> wrote in message

Mike Wilcox

Nov 4, 2005, 12:45:11 PM11/4/05
progr...@aol.com wrote in news:1131076687.965506.76060
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> I made a little page with one of my photos on it in case my story got
> anyone curious
>
> http://hometown.aol.com/programbo5/index.html

Looking at the picture (which I know is not as detailed as real life) I
find it very hard to believe anyone would think you were not a woman. Not
doubting your experience, obviously, just commenting that I certainly can't
tell. Also, the outfit in the picture is incredibly classy and you look
fabulous!

Regards,

Mike

progr...@aol.com

Nov 4, 2005, 5:52:03 PM11/4/05
I go out a bit thru the year but it`s mainly to gay clubs..gay
restuarants..Places that are TG friendly although at times I find
myself in straight areas..I get "made" sometimes..It seems some people
just have a knack for spotting people like me..Unfortunately lots of
people think it`s some sort of game and I am trying to fool people so
they figure their reward for spotting me is to announce it
loudly..Oi!..Thanks for the compliments :)

karatelady

Nov 4, 2005, 9:11:25 PM11/4/05

That is a very attractive photo! You look like a LADY--more than some
LADIES do!
I support you in your endeavours, Program. BTW, this compliment comes
from a senior citizen--honest!

cofarb

Nov 4, 2005, 9:48:41 PM11/4/05

"Mike Wilcox" <mike.j...@intel.com> wrote in message

I agree. (And I wonder how many people thought you were simply not in the
Halloween spirit because you were "just" a lady in her regular garb.)

cofarb

Jaime D.

Nov 6, 2005, 6:03:11 AM11/6/05

Unfortunately, those people will always be around, but a nice big smile often
throws them off, lol. And I have found that regular restaurants are generally
ok with it as long as you dress appropriately and it looks like you certainly
do that. A nice picture by the way.

Jaime D
http://profiles.yahoo.com/jaime_tg