Utena and other cosplay at the 2006 Ohayocon from Fansview

Richard V. Lamb

Jan 10, 2006, 2:45:31 AM1/10/06
First convention of 2006!

Utena Cosplay

Fifth down, the first SKU cosplay of the new year--TV Duellist Juri!

http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0020.html

Bottom, Movie Duellist Utena.

http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0024.html

Top, TV Rose Bride Anthy.

http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0034.html

Rose of Versailles Cosplay.

Second down, is that Lady Oscar?

http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0033.html

Non-Utena Cosplay

Third down, hot catgirl, fourth down, Gungrave, fifth and sixth, one of the
best transformed Jubei-chan's I've seen.

http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0003.html

Third down, Jubei-chan fight Haruharu from FLCL.

http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0004.html

Top, Ichigo from Bleach half-transformed into a Hollow, second a Spirit
World
captain from Bleach, fourth down, the two fighting.

http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0007.html

Second down, Dark from DNAngel.

http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0008.html

Fifth down, I think this is the first Barry the Chopper (as Prisoner 66)
from
FMA I've seen.

http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0009.html

Top, I don't know who this FF character is, or which game he's from, but I
always think he's impressive.

http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0010.html

Second down, who loves Seiji? Bottom, Sephiroth.

http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0013.html

Top, Raven from Teen Titans. Third down, are these two more Spirit world
captains from Bleach?

http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0014.html

Top, who is this sentai show character? Fifth down, Chrono and Magdalene
from
Chrono Crusade. Note Chrono's horns--they look like turret shells!

http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0015.html

Top, two girls from Azumanga Daioh feeding Lust a...puppy? Heh, wait!
That's
supposed to be for Excel and Hyatt!

http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0016.html

Top, not a bad Trigun cosplay group.

http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0017.html

Third down, who's the scary cat-man?

http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0018.html

Second down, Cupid. Bottom two, now the girls from Azumanga Daioh are
serving
something to Gluttony!

http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0019.html

I've seen Street Fighter cosplay before, but never a Street Fighter cosplay
group--and here's an entire page of one!

http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0021.html

Fourth down, Mugen and a cross-played Jin from Samurai Champloo. Bottom,
my,
Victoria, what a big gun you have!

http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0023.html

Fifth down, Last Exile cosplay. Bottom, who is she?

http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0025.html

Second down, Bleach; third down, Chrono Crusade; Fifth down, Chloe from
Noir.

http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0026.html

Fourth down, they're really cute, but who are they? Fifth down and top of
next
page, another Sephiroth.

http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0026.html
http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0029.html

Top, my daughter's team for the rec.arts.anime.misc New Year's
Challenge--Sailor Uranus, Sailor Neptune, and Sailor Pluto. Second through
fifth looks like MIB vs. Star Wars.

http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0030.html

Bottom, one of the better Legato Bluesummers I've seen.

http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0031.html

And that's only Friday. The rest of the weekend isn't up yet. I'll update
you
all when it is.
--
Vince Lamb
AFU no Shadow Play Girls

Bill Martin

Jan 10, 2006, 4:19:16 AM1/10/06
In article <vCJwf.3308$OU3...@news01.roc.ny>, Richard V. Lamb
<prof...@frontiernet.net> wrote:

> First convention of 2006!

> Third down, hot catgirl, fourth down, Gungrave, fifth and sixth, one of the
> best transformed Jubei-chan's I've seen.
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0003.html
>
> Third down, Jubei-chan fight Haruharu from FLCL.
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0004.html

Nice on both links...

> Second down, Dark from DNAngel.
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0008.html

Not bad... could be better though...

> Top, I don't know who this FF character is, or which game he's from, but I
> always think he's impressive.
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0010.html

Auron, Final Fantasy X.

> Second down, who loves Seiji? Bottom, Sephiroth.
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0013.html

Is that Molly Shannon from SNL in the second pic?

The only pic on that page I'd even say looked halfway good was the top
one of Yuna, Final Fantasy X-2 outfit

> Top, Raven from Teen Titans. Third down, are these two more Spirit world
> captains from Bleach?
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0014.html

If it were up to me, I'd shoot everyone on this page... with a gun, not
a camera...

> Top, who is this sentai show character? Fifth down, Chrono and Magdalene
> from
> Chrono Crusade. Note Chrono's horns--they look like turret shells!
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0015.html

Don't know on the Sentai chara...

Why does the 3rd pic look so familiar to me?

Chrono Crusade... Nice Chrono, meh Magdelene.

> Top, two girls from Azumanga Daioh feeding Lust a...puppy? Heh, wait!
> That's
> supposed to be for Excel and Hyatt!
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0016.html

Oh... so that's where the "haunted" part of the haunted stuffed toys
cafe came from....

> Top, not a bad Trigun cosplay group.
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0017.html

Yep...

> Third down, who's the scary cat-man?
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0018.html

Lynx from Chrono Cross (PSX).

And on the bottom... plump persocoms? Didn't think there'd be a market
for them...

> I've seen Street Fighter cosplay before, but never a Street Fighter cosplay
> group--and here's an entire page of one!
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0021.html

Crossed over into other stuff near the bottom...

> Fourth down, Mugen and a cross-played Jin from Samurai Champloo. Bottom,
> my,
> Victoria, what a big gun you have!
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0023.html

I've seen both a better Seras and a better Halconnen...

> Fifth down, Last Exile cosplay. Bottom, who is she?
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0025.html

No clue...

> Second down, Bleach; third down, Chrono Crusade; Fifth down, Chloe from
> Noir.
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0026.html

Not bad...

> Fourth down, they're really cute, but who are they? Fifth down and top of
> next
> page, another Sephiroth.
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0026.html
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0029.html

Ooh... Cosplaying from Perfect Blue...

> Top, my daughter's team for the rec.arts.anime.misc New Year's
> Challenge--Sailor Uranus, Sailor Neptune, and Sailor Pluto. Second through
> fifth looks like MIB vs. Star Wars.
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0030.html
>
> Bottom, one of the better Legato Bluesummers I've seen.
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0031.html

And on this page... more outfits that look like they're webcomic
inspired... 5th one is Hotaru a.k.a. Ho-chan from Strange Candy

Relic

Jan 10, 2006, 5:09:38 AM1/10/06
Richard V. Lamb wrote:
> First convention of 2006!

I was at Ohayocon on Friday; saw many of the people in those pictures.
As for Kevin Lillard, the owner of A Fan's View, according to ANN,
he had a heart attack on Saturday while there
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=8142
According to some of the people on the forum, he seemed to be doing
better tho'.

--
New version of an old favorite!
The Briefcase Fulla Rant!

"I Think, therefore I Believe."-The Relic

Richard V. Lamb

Jan 10, 2006, 2:16:09 PM1/10/06
"Relic" <reli...@ameritech.net> wrote in message

> Richard V. Lamb wrote:
> > First convention of 2006!
> >

> I was at Ohayocon on Friday; saw many of the people in those pictures.
> As for Kevin Lillard, the owner of A Fan's View, according to ANN,
> he had a heart attack on Saturday while there
> http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=8142

I had a feeling something like that happened when I saw no updates for the
rest of the weekend. I Googled his name yesterday, but saw no announcements
of any kind, so I posted the report.

> According to some of the people on the forum, he seemed to be doing
> better tho'.

Whew! I pray for his speedy recovery.

Anne-Elisa

Jan 10, 2006, 2:19:49 PM1/10/06
Richard V. Lamb wrote:
> First convention of 2006!
>
> Utena Cosplay
>
> Fifth down, the first SKU cosplay of the new year--TV Duellist Juri!
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0020.html
>
> Bottom, Movie Duellist Utena.
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0024.html
>
> Top, TV Rose Bride Anthy.
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0034.html
>
> Rose of Versailles Cosplay.
>
> Second down, is that Lady Oscar?
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0033.html

I don't think so... No idea who it is.

Etrangere
Kozue's Sans Culotte

mi...@winternet.com

Jan 10, 2006, 10:49:48 PM1/10/06
Richard V. Lamb wrote:
> First convention of 2006!

<snip>

> Top, Raven from Teen Titans. Third down, are these two more Spirit world
> captains from Bleach?
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0014.html

No, I don't think these are from "Bleach". I can't place them.

<snip>

Laurie
-- Saionji's Prince and Keeper
mi...@winternet.com
http://www.winternet.com/~milo

Scortia

Jan 11, 2006, 12:44:23 PM1/11/06

Richard V. Lamb wrote:
> First convention of 2006!
>
> Utena Cosplay
>
> Fifth down, the first SKU cosplay of the new year--TV Duellist Juri!
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0020.html
>
> Bottom, Movie Duellist Utena.
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0024.html
>
> Top, TV Rose Bride Anthy.
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0034.html

I still wonder why most rosebride cosplayers refuse to make the top as
short as it needs to be... same goes for duelists. *sigh*

> Rose of Versailles Cosplay.
>
> Second down, is that Lady Oscar?
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0033.html

*squee* No it's the ever-amazing Griffith of Berserk. It's sad how few
people cosplay Griffith. ;_;

> Non-Utena Cosplay
>
> Third down, hot catgirl, fourth down, Gungrave, fifth and sixth, one of the
> best transformed Jubei-chan's I've seen.
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0003.html
>
> Third down, Jubei-chan fight Haruharu from FLCL.
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0004.html

Wow both are stunning costumes too.

> Top, Ichigo from Bleach half-transformed into a Hollow, second a Spirit
> World
> captain from Bleach, fourth down, the two fighting.
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0007.html
>
> Second down, Dark from DNAngel.
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0008.html
>
> Fifth down, I think this is the first Barry the Chopper (as Prisoner 66)
> from
> FMA I've seen.
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0009.html

lol same here.

> Top, I don't know who this FF character is, or which game he's from, but I
> always think he's impressive.
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0010.html

The one in the first pic is Auron of FFX... the one in the last two
pics is Irvine of FFVIII.

> Second down, who loves Seiji? Bottom, Sephiroth.
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0013.html

I'm even more in awe of that really REALLY good Vincent next to him.
*_*

> Top, Raven from Teen Titans. Third down, are these two more Spirit world
> captains from Bleach?
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0014.html

Look more like generic costumes... but I'm not hugely familiar with
Bleach... just I never see any captains dressed like that in pics I've
seen.

> Top, who is this sentai show character? Fifth down, Chrono and Magdalene
> from
> Chrono Crusade. Note Chrono's horns--they look like turret shells!
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0015.html

*coughs* 2nd down... that is the cutest, most accurate Neji and Hinata
pair I've ever seen.

> Top, two girls from Azumanga Daioh feeding Lust a...puppy? Heh, wait!
> That's
> supposed to be for Excel and Hyatt!
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0016.html
>
> Top, not a bad Trigun cosplay group.
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0017.html

*squee!* Knives-sama! >P

> Third down, who's the scary cat-man?
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0018.html

I think he's from the same game as the girl... isn't it one of the
Chrono games? My memory escapes me on that one.

> Second down, Cupid. Bottom two, now the girls from Azumanga Daioh are
> serving
> something to Gluttony!
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0019.html
>
> I've seen Street Fighter cosplay before, but never a Street Fighter cosplay
> group--and here's an entire page of one!
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0021.html

Ahahaha Bison has that insane grin too. :P

> Fourth down, Mugen and a cross-played Jin from Samurai Champloo. Bottom,
> my,
> Victoria, what a big gun you have!
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0023.html
>
> Fifth down, Last Exile cosplay. Bottom, who is she?
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0025.html
>
> Second down, Bleach; third down, Chrono Crusade; Fifth down, Chloe from
> Noir.
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0026.html
>
> Fourth down, they're really cute, but who are they? Fifth down and top of
> next
> page, another Sephiroth.
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0026.html
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0029.html
>
> Top, my daughter's team for the rec.arts.anime.misc New Year's
> Challenge--Sailor Uranus, Sailor Neptune, and Sailor Pluto. Second through
> fifth looks like MIB vs. Star Wars.
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0030.html

Some of the best Eternal senshi costumes Ive seen yet.

> Bottom, one of the better Legato Bluesummers I've seen.
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/oh06a0031.html

Shoulder piece rocks... but *gets him a nice wig* :P

-Scortia
Ah poor Kevin... I was wondering when the harsh schedule of con hopping
would finally catch up with him.

Relic

Jan 13, 2006, 3:01:54 AM1/13/06

Don't know if you have seen it, but it looks like he is out
of the hospital. Here is his note from A Fan's View. (actually a link).

http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/ohnotes.htm

Thank goodness.

Richard V. Lamb

Jan 13, 2006, 10:18:17 AM1/13/06

> Richard V. Lamb wrote:
> > "Relic" <reli...@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> >>>
> >> I was at Ohayocon on Friday; saw many of the people in those pictures.
> >> As for Kevin Lillard, the owner of A Fan's View, according to ANN,
> >> he had a heart attack on Saturday while there
> >> http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=8142
> >
> > I had a feeling something like that happened when I saw no updates for
the
> > rest of the weekend. I Googled his name yesterday, but saw no
announcements
> > of any kind, so I posted the report.
> >
> >> According to some of the people on the forum, he seemed to be doing
> >> better tho'.
> >
> > Whew! I pray for his speedy recovery.
>
> Don't know if you have seen it, but it looks like he is out
> of the hospital. Here is his note from A Fan's View. (actually a link).
>
> http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/ohnotes.htm
>
> Thank goodness.

That's good news. Thanks for posting the link.

Scortia

Jan 13, 2006, 10:08:18 PM1/13/06

Holy crap he's still going to Ushicon in a couple of weeks... that's
dedication. I'll have to give him a big hug for that one... poor guy.

-Scortia

Richard V. Lamb

Jan 29, 2006, 11:51:37 PM1/29/06

"Scortia" <sco...@charter.net> wrote in message

Kevin didn't go, as he had another heart attack and open-heart surgery this
month. He hopes to recover enough to get to Katsucon. Here's the link to
the relevant page detailing his progress.

http://www.fansview.com/2006/ohayocon/ohnotes.htm

Scortia

Jan 30, 2006, 10:26:26 AM1/30/06

Yeah I read about that when it happened. Too bad he wasn't at Ushicon
this weekend. And too bad NOT A SINGLE UTENA COSPLAYER was either. ~_~
Bleach and FMA are too busy taking over... thank god they may push out
the Narutard cosplayers for a bit. ^_^

-Scortia

Richard V. Lamb

Jan 31, 2006, 1:19:08 AM1/31/06
"Scortia" <sco...@charter.net> wrote in message

Hi, Scortia!

I was going to ask you about that. Thanks for the report, even if it's not
all that good for AFU.

> Bleach and FMA are too busy taking over...

I've noticed. At least they're both good series.

> thank god they may push out
> the Narutard cosplayers for a bit. ^_^

Heh.

So, what did you wear?

Scortia

Jan 31, 2006, 1:05:37 PM1/31/06

*EVIL GRIN*
http://www.vereri.com/ushicon/ushi%20013.jpg
http://www.vereri.com/ushicon/ushi%20009.jpg

Neko-sensei of Princess Tutu. A series I HIGHLY recommend to all of
you...I think almost any Utena fan would appreciate Tutu....especially
the 2nd half. ^_^ My character proposes marriage constantly so I
proposed marriage to the creator who was a guest at the con.... she
denied me, I am a sad kitty. >P

-Scortia

Richard V. Lamb

Feb 1, 2006, 12:00:57 AM2/1/06
"Scortia" <sco...@charter.net> wrote in message

Nice costume. Thanks for sharing that with us. How hard was the head to
make and wear?

> Neko-sensei of Princess Tutu. A series I HIGHLY recommend to all of
> you...I think almost any Utena fan would appreciate Tutu....especially
> the 2nd half. ^_^ My character proposes marriage constantly so I
> proposed marriage to the creator who was a guest at the con.... she
> denied me, I am a sad kitty. >P

LOL!

What's next, A-kon?

Scortia

Feb 1, 2006, 11:57:28 AM2/1/06

Not so bad... I'm used to sculpting blue foam. And I've made a Mascot
head before that was larger and made out of far more annoying
material... so this one was really not so stressful to sculpt... and
applying fur is just a matter considering the volume of head. But
wearing it, man,... the worst part is how hot the head gets from your
own breath coming back at you. X_x

> > Neko-sensei of Princess Tutu. A series I HIGHLY recommend to all of
> > you...I think almost any Utena fan would appreciate Tutu....especially
> > the 2nd half. ^_^ My character proposes marriage constantly so I
> > proposed marriage to the creator who was a guest at the con.... she
> > denied me, I am a sad kitty. >P
>
> LOL!
>
> What's next, A-kon?

Shiokaze (previously Kamikaze) and then A-kon. ACen is a possibility
but it's still up in the air. I'll have some even more insane costumes
for those cons. X_x

-Scortia