Woo-Hoo Indy !!

Emperor

May 6, 2003, 1:45:02 PM5/6/03
http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2003/05/news20030506.html
--
PALPATINE
Galactic Empire - http://www.galacticempire.co.uk
Imperial Senate - http://www.imperialsenate.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

"I am not crazy ! I am dating a super-model zoologist, who I stole from a
professional football player and she is off to the Galapagos Islands to
artificially inseminate iguanas !! Is that, so hard, to believe ?!!"

Dave Dirckx

May 6, 2003, 2:47:11 PM5/6/03
Yippie!

Hopefully the incoming cashflow of this set will inspire George to release
the OT
and in 2007 the full remastered versions - How about that?

Dave

"Emperor" <palp...@galacticempire.ok> schreef in bericht

brodieman

May 6, 2003, 3:15:34 PM5/6/03
Dave Dirckx wrote:
> Yippie!
>
> Hopefully the incoming cashflow of this set will inspire George to
> release the OT
> and in 2007 the full remastered versions - How about that?
>
> Dave

I doubt it. GL already has more cash than you can possibly imagine, its free
time he is concerned about. He has his hands full at the moment.

Sean G.

May 6, 2003, 3:26:44 PM5/6/03

"Emperor" <palp...@galacticempire.ok> wrote in message
> [...]

Cool, even though I hated Temple of Doom.

Haikus really bite
I can never think of one
Though try as I might

-Sean G.

brodieman

May 6, 2003, 4:28:43 PM5/6/03
Sean G. wrote:
> "Emperor" <palp...@galacticempire.ok> wrote in message
>> http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2003/05/news20030506.html
>> --
>> PALPATINE
>> Galactic Empire - http://www.galacticempire.co.uk
>> Imperial Senate -
>> http://www.imperialsenate.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
>>
>> "I am not crazy ! I am dating a super-model zoologist, who I stole
>> from a professional football player and she is off to the Galapagos
>> Islands to artificially inseminate iguanas !! Is that, so hard, to
>> believe ?!!"
>
> Cool, even though I hated Temple of Doom.

You're joking?! The Last Crusade was the pits as far as I was concerned. The
first two movies were just as good as any Star Wars movie.

Motterman

May 6, 2003, 4:31:06 PM5/6/03

Emperor wrote:

> http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2003/05/news20030506.html
> --
> PALPATINE

Hey! Let's release the Indy Trilogy ONLY in Box Set, the year before we
make Indy IV! Then we can release ANOTHER Box Set with all 4 movies in the future!
And then we can release the Special Edition Box Set of all 4 movies!
And then we can release the SuperSpecialCollector's Edition Box Set!
And then the Director's Cut Box Set!
And then we'll release them individually with additional never before seen material!
And then we'll release those versions in a Box Set. (we'll include a free Pokemon card
to make it an extra special value!)
Etc.

brodieman

May 6, 2003, 4:35:17 PM5/6/03

Hey, I didn't realise any Lucasfilm marketing employees posted here...

Emperor

May 6, 2003, 4:37:41 PM5/6/03
In message <3eb80c70$0$79563$4bb1...@news.dwave.net>, Sean G.
<dontb...@dontwantnospam.com> writes

>Cool, even though I hated Temple of Doom.

It wasn't my favourite but it did have its moments.

Emperor

May 6, 2003, 4:41:14 PM5/6/03
In message <3EB81B8A...@REMOVESPAMcbfbusinesssolutions.com>,
Motterman <imo...@REMOVESPAMcbfbusinesssolutions.com> writes

And, of course, no other production company/Film studio does this ?

Why do people have so much of a problem with Lucas making money but
practically applaud anyone else doing it ? Peter Jackson for one, who
will, no doubt, have a DVD in August followed by a Special this November
for Two Towers.

Plus, notice the above is EXACTLY what fans would be like now if Lucas
released the OT as a box-set.

coordination kid

May 6, 2003, 5:20:55 PM5/6/03

Gee. Isnt some one a bit bitter. You only need to buy just the one set, or
none at all.

C_K

Steven Wandy

May 7, 2003, 12:42:47 AM5/7/03
Peter Jackson for one, who
will, no doubt, have a DVD in August followed by a Special this November
> for Two Towers.

Actually, this has already been announced. Movie version first and then
expanded Director's in November.

David B.

May 7, 2003, 3:03:11 AM5/7/03

Brett McConnie

May 7, 2003, 3:08:54 AM5/7/03
Gungans to the left of me, Ewoks to the right. Here I am stuck in the middle
with "Sean G."

> Cool, even though I hated Temple of Doom.

It was the best of the three. Short Round was the Jar Jar Binks of his day.
--
"I'm kind of like Han Solo, always stroking my own Wookiee."

~ AFS FAQ - http://www.alt.fan.starwars.freeservers.com/ ~

Emperor

May 7, 2003, 5:56:56 AM5/7/03
In message <b90ua.71$kH.1...@twister.nyc.rr.com>, Steven Wandy
<Swa...@si.rr.com> writes

Yep and no one is calling New Line for doing that.

Anyway, as much as the temptation to buy TT in August will be, I'll hold
off for the Extended version on November.

Darth Maus

May 7, 2003, 7:04:47 AM5/7/03

"Dave Dirckx" <dir...@skynet.be> schreef in bericht

> Yippie!
>
> Hopefully the incoming cashflow of this set will inspire George to release
> the OT
> and in 2007 the full remastered versions - How about that?

2007? Why not with the release of the Episode3 DVD?

Emperor

May 7, 2003, 8:36:45 AM5/7/03
In message <b9ap8d$ngf$1...@news.tudelft.nl>, Darth Maus
<dart...@hotmail.com> writes

>2007? Why not with the release of the Episode3 DVD?

Expect a November 2006 release of Episode III and then a full box-set a
year or so later of all six films !

Motterman

May 7, 2003, 10:09:31 AM5/7/03

Bitter? No. Cynical? Maybe. :-)

Gregory D. George

May 7, 2003, 11:59:00 AM5/7/03
Emperor wrote:

> >Actually, this has already been announced. Movie version first and then
> >expanded Director's in November.
>
> Yep and no one is calling New Line for doing that.

Well, the difference is New Line is doing it up front. Lucasfilm is
being shady about it. (That is, *IF* there will be further updated
editions of the Indy movies on DVD.)

--
Gregory D. George

Only email me at http://www.ataritimes.com/email

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
- ||| ||| -
= ||| Visit The Atari Times Website! ||| =
- / | \ http://www.ataritimes.com / | \ -
= ATARI ATARI =
- DO+THE Buy Something Atari Today! HYPAT? -
= MATH http://www.ataritimes.com/store =
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Arturo Fuente

May 7, 2003, 12:33:49 PM5/7/03

"Emperor" <palp...@galacticempire.ok> wrote in message

Will this be the "Special Edition" where the sword spinning guy shoots
first?

;-)

Emperor

May 7, 2003, 1:08:48 PM5/7/03
In message <3EB92D7C...@tampabay.rr.com>, Gregory D. George
<ab...@tampabay.rr.com> writes

>Emperor wrote:
>
>> >Actually, this has already been announced. Movie version first and then
>> >expanded Director's in November.
>>
>> Yep and no one is calling New Line for doing that.
>
>Well, the difference is New Line is doing it up front. Lucasfilm is
>being shady about it.

Ah. I see..they announce a release and then its decided that they're
being shady because they didn't announce a later release a few years
later...boy, what bastards Lucasfim and Paramount really are.

Sean G.

May 8, 2003, 10:39:16 PM5/8/03

"brodieman" <captaininvincible2000@*nospam*yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

I think it was that bimbo shreiking the whole time...did she even have any
lines???

Sean G.
Who is neither nasty, tricksy, nor false!

C'Pi

May 8, 2003, 10:58:56 PM5/8/03

I agree. I don't really like the movie. It's got a lot to do with that
bitch needin' to shut the hell up.

--
C'Pi
Do you want to touch my monkey?

Sean G.

May 8, 2003, 11:14:57 PM5/8/03

"brodieman" <captaininvincible2000@*nospam*yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

And Sean Connery in even the worst of movies makes it a better movie
anyway....

brodieman

May 9, 2003, 3:27:58 AM5/9/03

I actually preferred Kate Capshaw as the comedy element over Sean Connery's
doddering around in Crusade. It was sad to see a man of such previous
stature stoop so low...

brodieman

May 9, 2003, 3:31:44 AM5/9/03

Nonsense - Connery only has a few good moments in Last Crusade. By this
point, the series has degenerated into a farce, its pure slapstick comedy -
putting a rock into a tank gun and seeing it split like a road runner
cartoon when it fires!?
Raiders and Temple were dark and moody - the way an Indy movie should be.
Crusade is the Bugs Bunny of the series, and it stinks (even down to its
cheap sets, and Fords tired performance).

Sean G.

May 10, 2003, 2:01:45 AM5/10/03

"brodieman" <captaininvincible2000@*nospam*yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

Thank you must have missed "Sir Gawain and The Green Knight" or whatever the
hell it was called.

That was a movie Sean Connery could not improve no mater what.

Sean G.

May 10, 2003, 2:04:03 AM5/10/03

"brodieman" <captaininvincible2000@*nospam*yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

That might actually happen. A gun bore must be absolutley free of
obstruction in order to work properly.

<SNIP>

I like it the best, it gives background to the character, and they even make
a joke about the scar on Fords lip.

brodieman

May 10, 2003, 5:16:40 AM5/10/03
Sean G. wrote:
> "brodieman" <captaininvincible2000@*nospam*yahoo.co.uk> wrote in
> message news:b9flh0$suo$1...@sparta.btinternet.com...

Don't get me started on the scar joke.
Indy is supposed to be a character of MYSTERY. Yet within 3 minutes of
Crusade, the audience is subjected to a series of gags that explain -

a) Why he hates snakes.
b) Where he got his fedora from.
c) Who his role model was (in the absence of his father being there for
him).
d) Where he gets his fetish for bullwhips.
e) ... leading to the scar on his chin.

Am I the only one who thinks they revealed too much here?!
I always felt that although the first 2 Indy movies were PG rated, they were
very adult orientated. They were dark. Crusade is more like Carry On Indy,
its blatantly aimed at children, and this is why it has aged badly - most of
us saw it when we were kids (and loved it). Now we've grown up, Raiders and
Temple still have universal appeal, but Crusade feels more like Romancing
The Stone. Its gauche, tacky and extremely corny (and not in a good way).
The Nazi's in Raiders were genuinely scary, and the pursuit of the Ark was a
bloody one. As Connery's character puts it himself, the Nazi's in Crusade
are nothing but "Goose Stepping Morons", mere caricatures of the villians in
the first movie.

Gregory D. George

May 10, 2003, 5:31:42 PM5/10/03
brodieman wrote:
> Don't get me started on the scar joke.
> Indy is supposed to be a character of MYSTERY. Yet within 3 minutes of
> Crusade, the audience is subjected to a series of gags that explain -
>
> a) Why he hates snakes.
> b) Where he got his fedora from.
> c) Who his role model was (in the absence of his father being there for
> him).
> d) Where he gets his fetish for bullwhips.
> e) ... leading to the scar on his chin.
>
> Am I the only one who thinks they revealed too much here?!

No, that always bothered me. Everything that was Indy was explained in
that short segment. Most people's traits are developed over several
years, not a 30 minute escapade.

Also, I kinda thought the "Magic" part from that sequence explained his
interest in the Occult (Temple of Doom and mentioned in the novels.)

Angelia Sparrow

May 10, 2003, 7:54:07 PM5/10/03
"Sean G." <dontb...@dontwantnospam.com> wrote in message

> I think it was that bimbo shreiking the whole time...did she even have any
> lines???

Willie had a few. Mostly delivered in a whine.

I loathed her from the start.

Marion was a fit companion for Indy, tough, strong and a dirty fighter.

Elsa was a fit companion as well for similar reasons: tough minded,
unflinching and brilliant. I think she did in Donovan deliberately.
(Doncha hate when the supersmart characters get stupid at the end?)

Willie was a useless twit, and he should have left her for Lao Che.

--
Angel

The Truth is out there...
but I lost the URL

Home; http://www.geocities.com/valarltd
Stories: http://www.geocities.com/lady_aethelynde

Angelia Sparrow

May 10, 2003, 7:54:16 PM5/10/03

> Thank you must have missed "Sir Gawain and The Green Knight" or whatever
the
> hell it was called.
>
> That was a movie Sean Connery could not improve no mater what.

Zardoz.

Sean Connery. Waist-length braid, loincloth, hipboots.
Plot? Was there a plot in there somewhere? I dunno.

brodieman

May 10, 2003, 8:21:49 PM5/10/03
Angelia Sparrow wrote:
> "Sean G." <dontb...@dontwantnospam.com> wrote in message
>

>> I think it was that bimbo shreiking the whole time...did she even
>> have any lines???
>
> Willie had a few. Mostly delivered in a whine.
>
> I loathed her from the start.
>
> Marion was a fit companion for Indy, tough, strong and a dirty
> fighter.
>
> Elsa was a fit companion as well for similar reasons: tough minded,
> unflinching and brilliant. I think she did in Donovan deliberately.
> (Doncha hate when the supersmart characters get stupid at the end?)
>
> Willie was a useless twit, and he should have left her for Lao Che.

Willie was easily the best looking Indy babe... you can totally understand
Spielberg taking time out from directing Temple to nail her to the wall.

Sean G.

May 11, 2003, 1:49:16 AM5/11/03

"Angelia Sparrow" <vala...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

It reminded me of Barbarella only for fantasy instead of sci fi.

Mirror Spock

May 12, 2003, 10:37:26 AM5/12/03
On Tue, 6 May 2003 20:28:43 +0000 (UTC), "brodieman"
<captaininvincible2000@*nospam*yahoo.co.uk> went upon the mount and
spoke thus:

>Sean G. wrote:
>> "Emperor" <palp...@galacticempire.ok> wrote in message
>>> http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2003/05/news20030506.html
>>> --
>>> PALPATINE
>>> Galactic Empire - http://www.galacticempire.co.uk
>>> Imperial Senate -
>>> http://www.imperialsenate.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
>>>
>>> "I am not crazy ! I am dating a super-model zoologist, who I stole
>>> from a professional football player and she is off to the Galapagos
>>> Islands to artificially inseminate iguanas !! Is that, so hard, to
>>> believe ?!!"
>>
>> Cool, even though I hated Temple of Doom.
>
>You're joking?! The Last Crusade was the pits as far as I was concerned. The
>first two movies were just as good as any Star Wars movie.

Well, to each their own. I personally think Temple of Doom was the
weakest.

* Robinson

Emperor

May 12, 2003, 7:13:13 PM5/12/03
In message <9bcvbv8peknhlpstl...@4ax.com>, Mirror Spock
<robi...@msu.edu> writes

>Well, to each their own. I personally think Temple of Doom was the
>weakest.
>
>* Robinson

Me too but it has its moments. :)

brodieman

May 12, 2003, 7:27:31 PM5/12/03
Emperor wrote:
> In message <9bcvbv8peknhlpstl...@4ax.com>, Mirror Spock
> <robi...@msu.edu> writes
>> Well, to each their own. I personally think Temple of Doom was the
>> weakest.
>>
>> * Robinson
>
> Me too but it has its moments. :)

Looks like I'm alone in thinking Crusade was an insult to the Indy
trilogy...
Damn you, Palps, I can normally rely on at least YOU to agree with me! :)

Emperor

May 12, 2003, 7:43:54 PM5/12/03
In message <b9pal3$9ve$1...@titan.btinternet.com>, brodieman
<captaininvincible2000@*nospam*yahoo.co.uk> writes

>> Me too but it has its moments. :)
>
>Looks like I'm alone in thinking Crusade was an insult to the Indy
>trilogy... Damn you, Palps, I can normally rely on at least YOU to
>agree with me! :)

Heh Heh..sorry, you're on your own this time !

;)