Sonic the Hedgehog, What Happened?

FredL2000

Jun 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/1/98

I have a problem. I've noticed that being a Sonic Fan isn't what it used to be.
Both of the cartoons have been canceled years ago, the comic books are getting
worse and worse (sorry Archie), the production of new Sonic video games has
decreased, people everywhere are becoming less enthusiastic (check my spelling)
about the Blue Hedgehog, and I even heard a rumor that Sega of America is going
out of business. What is happening? As Sonic Fans we should do something to
save Sonic the Hedgehog from being uncool. But the question is what can we do?
Right now it's 10:00 Central Time, and I'm depressed. Maybe I need to take more
Prozac, but seriously, Sonic the Hedgehog isn't quite as popular as he used to
be. I'm sure I am not the only one who feels this way, but if anyone has any
ideas or comments, please respond to this message.

Fred E. L.
http://members.aol.com/fredl2000/index.html

SalyGrl808

Jun 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/1/98

True, things have been on the decline but hopefully things will get better when
Dreamcast comes out, but that's a maybe.

-Ipo

Meuriz

Jun 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/1/98

What happened? Those morons at Sega, that's what happened. They are the ones
who allowed Sonic to be cast in two cartoons and a comic book that nearly had
no elements from his games (like all of Robotnik's robots instead of those
boring and repetitive squat...uh, SWAT-bots, and those power shields). From
what I read and saw, the anime is closer to the game but not close enough.
What's more, they spent most of their time making failing systems (Sega CD,
32X, and Saturn) instead of more Sonic games. And that cancelled Sonic game
looked interesting, too. I heard that if Sega's next system isn't successful,
it's game over for them in the console department. Well, they shall have no
one else to blame but themselves if so.

CMJ

Jun 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/1/98
to Meuriz

I have a feeling that once this Dreamcast is out, that Sega and Sonic
will regain the popularity it once had. Also, I think the N64's arrival
has really ruined people's image of Sonic, too. After that happened,
people gave up on Sonic fandom, and became born-again Mario/Nintendo fans.

Don't worry, people! Hang in there until the Dreamcast comes out, then
Sonic will regain it's popularity. Besides, if Sonic wasn't popular
anymore, they wouldn't be making Sonic Underground, would they? Think
about it. So, please just once let's be positive, after all, we're Sonic
fans, and we priase Sonic, right?

Joya Nappo
fo...@concentric.net

Leaves No Connection To Myself!
-Billy Corgan!
(Lead singer of the Smashing Pumpkins!)

Johnny Wallbank

Jun 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/1/98

On 01 Jun 1998 03:10:34 GMT, fred...@aol.com (FredL2000) wrote:

>I have a problem. I've noticed that being a Sonic Fan isn't what it used to be.
>Both of the cartoons have been canceled years ago, the comic books are getting
>worse and worse (sorry Archie),

Inversely, the Fleetway comics seem to be getting better.

>the production of new Sonic video games has
>decreased,

... Until the Dreamcast comes out, that is
.

>people everywhere are becoming less enthusiastic (check my spelling)
>about the Blue Hedgehog

Fnar. That's now. When the Dreamcast comes out, Sonic Team will help
meet our expectations.

>, and I even heard a rumor that Sega of America is going
>out of business.

No offense, but the SoA have only themselves to blame. If they can't
be bothered to get cool games for the Saturn, and blocking all holes
labelled 'Sonic fans', then that's their look out
.

> What is happening? As Sonic Fans we should do something to
>save Sonic the Hedgehog from being uncool. But the question is what can we do?
>Right now it's 10:00 Central Time, and I'm depressed. Maybe I need to take more
>Prozac, but seriously, Sonic the Hedgehog isn't quite as popular as he used to
>be. I'm sure I am not the only one who feels this way, but if anyone has any
>ideas or comments, please respond to this message.

We all feel like this now and then, people say 'Sonic will die in a
matter of months!!!'.
No.
That's not going to happen, or at least if Sonic Team don't plan to
rest on their laurels. For, sadly, if I remember rightly, Sonic Team
made very little contribution (in the way of Sonic games) to the
Saturn. I say Sonic Team should stick with what they know best, the
first word of their team. Sonic.
Although NiGHTS is a very cool game, I'd much prefer a Sonic title,
but that's in my opinion. I'm sure many people would prefer NiGHTS to
Sonic.

Hopefully Sonic Team will release some ground-breaking title for the
DreamCast and all these fears will be quashed for another 5 years or
so. They can hardly ignore the public. People who write into the UK
'SSM' magazine are screaming for another Sonic game before the Saturn
goes out.

Until then, keep your hopes up, and wait for the outcome.

Later.
--
Sonikku
ANTI SPAM - REPLY TO SONI...@CABLEOL.CO.UK

Stephen Adams

Jun 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/1/98

FredL2000 <fred...@aol.com> wrote in article
<199806010310...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

> I have a problem. I've noticed that being a Sonic Fan isn't what it used
to be.
> Both of the cartoons have been canceled years ago, the comic books are
getting

> worse and worse (sorry Archie), the production of new Sonic video games
has
> decreased, people everywhere are becoming less enthusiastic (check my
spelling)
> about the Blue Hedgehog, and I even heard a rumor that Sega of America is
going
> out of business. What is happening? As Sonic Fans we should do something

> save Sonic the Hedgehog from being uncool. But the question is what can
we do?
> Right now it's 10:00 Central Time, and I'm depressed. Maybe I need to
take more
> Prozac, but seriously, Sonic the Hedgehog isn't quite as popular as he
used to
> be. I'm sure I am not the only one who feels this way, but if anyone has
any
> ideas or comments, please respond to this message.

I wouldn't say that Sega is going out of business, especially not if they
have enough money, $100,000,000, to spend for advertising for the Dreamcast
just in the month of December of 99! Losing popularity, maybe but going out
of business? No. And I'm gonig to to also say what everyone else has said,
wait till Dreamcast! Then things will start to heat up! And don't feel like
your the only one noticing Sonic becoming less popular, it is happening.
But that doesn't mean that he can't make his way back to the top. He still
has us!

Akira

Sparrow

Jun 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/1/98

>$100,000,000, to spend for advertising for the Dreamcast
>just in the month of December of 99!

Oh, that won't be out for very long, seeing as the world is going to end
in 1999.

Anybody who's played Chrono Trigger will understand me, but I won't tell
anyone so as not to cause a panic...

School's out and I'm entering my wierd phase, though even my parents say
they can't tell the difference...

Sparrow

Jun 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/1/98

>(like all of Robotnik's robots instead of those
>boring and repetitive squat...uh, SWAT-bots, and those power shields)

I like the SquatBots! Er, SWATbots! They make fan games so much easier to
make, as you only have to render one enemy type for a level...

Liam

Jun 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/1/98

FredL2000 wrote in message

<199806010310...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...
>I have a problem. I've noticed that being a Sonic Fan isn't what it used to
be.
>Both of the cartoons have been canceled years ago, the comic books are
getting
>worse and worse (sorry Archie),

Only Archie, the Fleetway comic is getting better, Robotnik Riegns Supreme
was brilliant.

> the production of new Sonic video games has
>decreased, people everywhere are becoming less enthusiastic (check my
spelling)
>about the Blue Hedgehog, and I even heard a rumor that Sega of America is
going
>out of business. What is happening? As Sonic Fans we should do something to
>save Sonic the Hedgehog from being uncool. But the question is what can we
do?
>Right now it's 10:00 Central Time, and I'm depressed. Maybe I need to take
more
>Prozac, but seriously, Sonic the Hedgehog isn't quite as popular as he used
>be. I'm sure I am not the only one who feels this way, but if anyone has
any
>ideas or comments, please respond to this message.
>

>Fred E. L.
>http://members.aol.com/fredl2000/index.html

The answer to Sonic's unpopularity is Dreamcast.

Liam Slater
LSG...@MSN.com
First it was Sega v. Nintendo, then it was Sega v. Sony v. Nintendo, soon it
will be Sega v. Sony then Sega.

Liam

Jun 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/1/98

Meuriz wrote in message <199806010739...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...

Interesting. Let's start with the systems true the Mega CD and 32X failed
and were quite poor (Sonic CD was cool though) and there are a few reasons
why Saturn failed but not because it's crap. The Mega CD and 32X made people
lose trust in Sega, Sega had crappy advertising, it was hard to program but
the console was good I mean the Mega CD was bulky and too expensive
considering you had to have a Mega Drive, same with the 32X but instead of
bulky it was just ugly. Would you rather Sega made 1 or 2 more Sonic games
for the MD instead of a new system, having a 16-bit fight the war against 32
and 64-bit consoles? Sonic Extreme looked cool I agree. Last point, if they
dropped out of the console market it wouldn't be permanent. They could make
games for PC concentrate more of the arcade games and a few years later they
return in a blaze of glory with a 1493582- bit Sega Super console and rule
the console market but they won't need to as Dreamcast WILL be a success.

Liam Slater
LSG...@MSN.com
Who wants to argue?

Liam

Jun 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/1/98

Johnny Wallbank wrote in message <3573e09...@192.168.0.1>...

>On 01 Jun 1998 03:10:34 GMT, fred...@aol.com (FredL2000) wrote:
>

>>I have a problem. I've noticed that being a Sonic Fan isn't what it used
to be.
>>Both of the cartoons have been canceled years ago, the comic books are
getting
>>worse and worse (sorry Archie),
>

>Inversely, the Fleetway comics seem to be getting better.

I've said that already.

>>the production of new Sonic video games has
>>decreased,
>

>... Until the Dreamcast comes out, that is

Dreamcast, the ultimate console!

>>people everywhere are becoming less enthusiastic (check my spelling)

>>about the Blue Hedgehog
>
>Fnar. That's now. When the Dreamcast comes out, Sonic Team will help
>meet our expectations.

Otherwise we go down to their office and taunt them a bit.

>>, and I even heard a rumor that Sega of America is going
>>out of business.
>

>No offense, but the SoA have only themselves to blame. If they can't
>be bothered to get cool games for the Saturn, and blocking all holes
>labelled 'Sonic fans', then that's their look out

SoA's parent company, Sega enterprises ltd. will make sure they give SoA
it's pocke money.

>> What is happening? As Sonic Fans we should do something to
>>save Sonic the Hedgehog from being uncool. But the question is what can we
do?
>>Right now it's 10:00 Central Time, and I'm depressed. Maybe I need to take
more
>>Prozac, but seriously, Sonic the Hedgehog isn't quite as popular as he
used to
>>be. I'm sure I am not the only one who feels this way, but if anyone has
any
>>ideas or comments, please respond to this message.
>>

>We all feel like this now and then, people say 'Sonic will die in a
>matter of months!!!'.
>No.
>That's not going to happen, or at least if Sonic Team don't plan to
>rest on their laurels. For, sadly, if I remember rightly, Sonic Team
>made very little contribution (in the way of Sonic games) to the
>Saturn. I say Sonic Team should stick with what they know best, the
>first word of their team. Sonic.
>Although NiGHTS is a very cool game, I'd much prefer a Sonic title,
>but that's in my opinion. I'm sure many people would prefer NiGHTS to
>Sonic.

Heratic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>Hopefully Sonic Team will release some ground-breaking title for the
>DreamCast and all these fears will be quashed for another 5 years or
>so. They can hardly ignore the public. People who write into the UK
>'SSM' magazine are screaming for another Sonic game before the Saturn
>goes out.

Sonic Team WILL be making a Sonic game for the release! Also Ecco returns to
us.

>Until then, keep your hopes up, and wait for the outcome.
>
>Later.
>--
>Sonikku
>ANTI SPAM - REPLY TO SONI...@CABLEOL.CO.UK
>--
>Sonikku, president of Sonic Team Junior.
>Website: http://www.andromedo/aj/stjr/stjrmain.htm

Liam Slater
LSG...@MSN.com
AGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I'm developing a digitiser style humour.
NO, will not, AGH! Press reveal for the rapping shoe. NOO!!!!!!!!
I'm turning into digitiser, help me.

Solly n'Hedgy

Jun 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/2/98

Johnny Wallbank a écrit dans le message <3573e09...@192.168.0.1>...

>On 01 Jun 1998 03:10:34 GMT, fred...@aol.com (FredL2000) wrote:
>
>>I have a problem. I've noticed that being a Sonic Fan isn't what it used
to be.
>>Both of the cartoons have been canceled years ago, the comic books are
getting
>>worse and worse (sorry Archie),
>
>Inversely, the Fleetway comics seem to be getting better.

Maybe, I think too, the Fleetway comic have more elements from Sonic games
than Archie.
But now, the artwork quality of the Fleetway isn't as good as it was in
firsts issues...

>>the production of new Sonic video games has
>>decreased,
>

>... Until the Dreamcast comes out, that is.

I think the release of the Dreamcast will not change a lot of things if SEGA
doesn't decide to change their strategy and making less faults, as release
so much console......
The saturn was a very good console, but... now everyone know that the Saturn
will not have a good future as the Megadrive.
Some of new editors will developpe games for the Dreamcast, : I think
especially about "No cliché" which is a FRENCH team.

>> What is happening? As Sonic Fans we should do something to
>>save Sonic the Hedgehog from being uncool. But the question is what can we
do?
>>Right now it's 10:00 Central Time, and I'm depressed. Maybe I need to take
more
>>Prozac, but seriously, Sonic the Hedgehog isn't quite as popular as he
used to
>>be. I'm sure I am not the only one who feels this way, but if anyone has
any
>>ideas or comments, please respond to this message.
>>

>We all feel like this now and then, people say 'Sonic will die in a
>matter of months!!!'.
>No.

Sonic can't die if he still have a lot of fans like us !!!! ^-^

>That's not going to happen, or at least if Sonic Team don't plan to
>rest on their laurels. For, sadly, if I remember rightly, Sonic Team
>made very little contribution (in the way of Sonic games) to the
>Saturn. I say Sonic Team should stick with what they know best, the
>first word of their team. Sonic.
>Although NiGHTS is a very cool game, I'd much prefer a Sonic title,
>but that's in my opinion. I'm sure many people would prefer NiGHTS to
>Sonic.

Personnally, I like both charaters (but I prefer Sonic), the stuff which
could save the "Sonic World" is to join Sonic & Nights. ^^
And it is what I have already begin to do.

>Hopefully Sonic Team will release some ground-breaking title for the
>DreamCast and all these fears will be quashed for another 5 years or
>so. They can hardly ignore the public. People who write into the UK
>'SSM' magazine are screaming for another Sonic game before the Saturn
>goes out.
>

>Until then, keep your hopes up, and wait for the outcome.
>
>Later.
>--
>Sonikku

I think it could be stupid if SEGA don't make a game such as Nights for the
"DREAM-cast".....

Solly

Pteryx

Jun 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/2/98

> According to Quasisp, all but two of the Sat AM Sonic episodes were
> destroyed by ABC due to legal snafus.

What is "Quasisp", and what do you mean exactly by "destroyed?" Butchered
through censorship? Burned? -- Pteryx

Johnny Wallbank

Jun 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/2/98

> I wouldn't say that Sega is going out of business, especially not if they
>have enough money, $100,000,000, to spend for advertising for the Dreamcast
>just in the month of December of 99! Losing popularity, maybe but going out
>of business? No. And I'm gonig to to also say what everyone else has said,
>wait till Dreamcast! Then things will start to heat up! And don't feel like
>your the only one noticing Sonic becoming less popular, it is happening.
>But that doesn't mean that he can't make his way back to the top. He still
>has us!
>
>Akira

...And you hit the nail right on the head, the Saturn may be dying out
(???), but I can pick up some quality titles for under £10. I got the
wonderful NiGHTS for £9.99 (about $12-14?) and I could of pick Panzer
Dragoon up for a mere £7.99 (about $9-11?) and once the DreamCast
comes out, well, let's hope Sega advertise more and third party
devolopers pitch in more.

And best of all, with a PC based engine, there shouldn't any more
*ahem* 'technical problems with the Saturn', e.g...
"We can't make xxxxx game work on the Saturn because we can be arsed
to get off our little butts and add one more line of code... NOOOOO...
that's too hard for us... WAAAHHHH. ME WANT PAY RISE!"

Sonic will soon be re-established as THE gaming icon, as he was 5 or
so years ago...

--
Sonikku
ANTI SPAM - REPLY TO SONI...@CABLEOL.CO.UK
Sonikku, president of Sonic Team Junior.
Website: http://www.andromedo/aj/stjr/stjrmain.htm

SONIC3K 'SWINGING VINE' CODE:
Goto the Angel Island Zone, leap on the first vine
and press Left, Left, Left, Right, Right, Right, Up,
Up, Up.
Goto the Sound Test menu on the Title Screen
Goto the Mushroom Hill Zone, on the first pulley
enter the above code.

Gen

Jun 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/2/98

Hey now..Sega cd was good.. Snatcher, Double Switch ( hell yes! ) Sonic
CD, puggsy, Keio.
And 32X was good, Chaotix, Metalhead, vr Racing.

Liam

Jun 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/2/98

Solly n'Hedgy wrote in message <6kv9sp$m3s$2...@news2.isdnet.net>...

>Johnny Wallbank a écrit dans le message <3573e09...@192.168.0.1>...
>>On 01 Jun 1998 03:10:34 GMT, fred...@aol.com (FredL2000) wrote:
>>
>>>I have a problem. I've noticed that being a Sonic Fan isn't what it used
>to be.
>>>Both of the cartoons have been canceled years ago, the comic books are
>getting
>>>worse and worse (sorry Archie),
>>
>>Inversely, the Fleetway comics seem to be getting better.
>

>Maybe, I think too, the Fleetway comic have more elements from Sonic games
>than Archie.
>But now, the artwork quality of the Fleetway isn't as good as it was in
>firsts issues...

I agree, Richard Elson's style of art in The Evil Empire was better than in
Robotnik Riegns Supreme, The spikes are going up when he draws front on and
the orange is too bright on Sonic.

>>>the production of new Sonic video games has
>>>decreased,
>>
>>... Until the Dreamcast comes out, that is.
>
>I think the release of the Dreamcast will not change a lot of things if
SEGA
>doesn't decide to change their strategy and making less faults, as release
>so much console......
>The saturn was a very good console, but... now everyone know that the
Saturn
>will not have a good future as the Megadrive.
>Some of new editors will developpe games for the Dreamcast, : I think
>especially about "No cliché" which is a FRENCH team.

Sega won't make that mistake again unless they are as intellegent as
Nintendo release a cartridge console.

>>> What is happening? As Sonic Fans we should do something to
>>>save Sonic the Hedgehog from being uncool. But the question is what can
we
>do?
>>>Right now it's 10:00 Central Time, and I'm depressed. Maybe I need to
take
>more
>>>Prozac, but seriously, Sonic the Hedgehog isn't quite as popular as he
>used to
>>>be. I'm sure I am not the only one who feels this way, but if anyone has
>any
>>>ideas or comments, please respond to this message.
>>>

>>We all feel like this now and then, people say 'Sonic will die in a
>>matter of months!!!'.
>>No.
>
>Sonic can't die if he still have a lot of fans like us !!!! ^-^

Guinan:I fthere are still a few of you left to carry the spirit then you
will prevail.

>>That's not going to happen, or at least if Sonic Team don't plan to
>>rest on their laurels. For, sadly, if I remember rightly, Sonic Team
>>made very little contribution (in the way of Sonic games) to the
>>Saturn. I say Sonic Team should stick with what they know best, the
>>first word of their team. Sonic.
>>Although NiGHTS is a very cool game, I'd much prefer a Sonic title,
>>but that's in my opinion. I'm sure many people would prefer NiGHTS to
>>Sonic.
>
>Personnally, I like both charaters (but I prefer Sonic), the stuff which
>could save the "Sonic World" is to join Sonic & Nights. ^^
>And it is what I have already begin to do.

No, I don't think it would work.

>>Hopefully Sonic Team will release some ground-breaking title for the
>>DreamCast and all these fears will be quashed for another 5 years or
>>so. They can hardly ignore the public. People who write into the UK
>>'SSM' magazine are screaming for another Sonic game before the Saturn
>>goes out.
>>
>>Until then, keep your hopes up, and wait for the outcome.
>>
>>Later.
>>--
>>Sonikku
>
>I think it could be stupid if SEGA don't make a game such as Nights for the
>"DREAM-cast".....
>
>Solly

True but concentrate on Sonic.

Liam Slater
LSG...@MSN.com
I'm getting Dreamcast on import when it comes out and getting it switched.

RHONDA ZEIGAFUSE

Jun 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/3/98

I know 3 things that might boost his popularity (sp)

1. STH Giga pets

2. STH RPG

3. STH Gathering (Magic the gathering)

Brandon the Hedgehog

Sparrow

Jun 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/3/98

>but it bugs the hell out of me when I'm laughed at for liking Sonic.

I know what you mean. I actually had my own mother laugh at me when I
told her I was writing a Sonic fanfic.

That, among other reasons, is why I never posted it :)

Liam

Jun 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/3/98

Gen wrote in message <35745A...@Mail.BHM.bellsouth.net>...

Yes but they're too expensive, especially considering you need a MegaDrive,
the Mega CD was bulky and the 32X ugly.

Liam Slater
LSG...@MSN.com
I liked Sol Feace.

Solly n'Hedgy

Jun 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/4/98

Liam a écrit dans le message
<#FcKShxj...@upnetnews02.moswest.msn.net>...

>>I think the release of the Dreamcast will not change a lot of things if
>SEGA
>>doesn't decide to change their strategy and making less faults, as release
>>so much console......
>>The saturn was a very good console, but... now everyone know that the
>Saturn
>>will not have a good future as the Megadrive.
>>Some of new editors will developpe games for the Dreamcast, : I think
>>especially about "No cliché" which is a FRENCH team.
>

>Sega won't make that mistake again unless they are as intellegent as
>Nintendo release a cartridge console.

HAHAHAHAHA,,,,, They will make same errors,,,if they only think about them

>>>That's not going to happen, or at least if Sonic Team don't plan to
>>>rest on their laurels. For, sadly, if I remember rightly, Sonic Team
>>>made very little contribution (in the way of Sonic games) to the
>>>Saturn. I say Sonic Team should stick with what they know best, the
>>>first word of their team. Sonic.
>>>Although NiGHTS is a very cool game, I'd much prefer a Sonic title,
>>>but that's in my opinion. I'm sure many people would prefer NiGHTS to
>>>Sonic.
>>
>>Personnally, I like both charaters (but I prefer Sonic), the stuff which
>>could save the "Sonic World" is to join Sonic & Nights. ^^
>>And it is what I have already begin to do.
>

>No, I don't think it would work.

I think it could .....
I have create a special story for .... I have said 2 or 3 words about it to
Dave .... it did seem he liked.....

>>>Hopefully Sonic Team will release some ground-breaking title for the
>>>DreamCast and all these fears will be quashed for another 5 years or
>>>so. They can hardly ignore the public. People who write into the UK
>>>'SSM' magazine are screaming for another Sonic game before the Saturn
>>>goes out.
>>>
>>>Until then, keep your hopes up, and wait for the outcome.
>>>
>>>Later.
>>>--
>>>Sonikku
>>
>>I think it could be stupid if SEGA don't make a game such as Nights for
the
>>"DREAM-cast".....
>>
>>Solly
>
>True but concentrate on Sonic.
>
>Liam Slater

There is a problem at SEGA.... They need more IMAGINATION !!!!!!!!!!!

Solly

sly...@my-dejanews.com

Jun 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/4/98

In article <Pine.SUN.3.96.980601...@galileo.cris.com>,

CMJ <Fo...@cris.com> wrote:

> I have a feeling that once this Dreamcast is out, that Sega and Sonic
> will regain the popularity it once had. Also, I think the N64's arrival
> has really ruined people's image of Sonic, too. After that happened,
> people gave up on Sonic fandom, and became born-again Mario/Nintendo fans.

I know I didn't. I have an N64 and I still am a Sonic fan, but I have only
played one of the games that spawned the blue wonder. Hmm...maybe fans want
something more than silly robots and obnoxious music, eh? See below.

> Don't worry, people! Hang in there until the Dreamcast comes out, then
> Sonic will regain it's popularity. Besides, if Sonic wasn't popular
> anymore, they wouldn't be making Sonic Underground, would they? Think
> about it. So, please just once let's be positive, after all, we're Sonic
> fans, and we priase Sonic, right?

We do, but therein lies that ever present question of the core audience for
Sonic fandom. Who does it include? 7 year olds? Slightly older pre-teens?
I'm with the camp that supports a move of Sonic fandom away from the games
themselves (Dan Drazen being a notable example). I mean, you can only
restrict yourself so much to the limited world that SEGA's game designers have
put into Sonic games, before you break out of the mold and design new
characters, plots, and timelines.

Perhaps there should be a split of the fandom. The youngsters (who still
amount to the majority of fans) can have the Sonic games and the syndicated
madness that was "The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog", while the hardcore
members of the fandom can draw upon more sophisticated sources such as DiC's
series and Archie. The problem that Sonic fandom faces now is that the
hardcore fans aren't speaking up enough. It's all "I love you Sonic! Where
can I get a pair of your shoes? That evil Robotnick is so...so...evil!" I
mean, really, can we expect to have our fandom taken seriously by any
community of sci-fi or fantasy fans if all we have is screaming children as
our spokespeople? I don't like to take a pot shot at those who probably don't
know any better, and maybe it's better left to kids, but it bugs the hell out

of me when I'm laughed at for liking Sonic.

I dunno, what do the fans on this NG think?

> Joya Nappo
> fo...@concentric.net
>
> Leaves No Connection To Myself!
> -Billy Corgan!
> (Lead singer of the Smashing Pumpkins!)

Daniel Harris (dANIEL sLYDER) =<'o'>=
http://furry.ao.net/Artists/Daniel-Slyder

Louis J.M

Jun 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/4/98

RHONDA ZEIGAFUSE <Z21...@webtv.net> wrote in article <6l4ib6$m2o$1...@newsd-112.bryant.webtv.net>...

No no no no no no no... Sonic The Hedgehog Shampoo! ; )
With super sonic fast acting blue hair color added..

Louis.

Gen

Jun 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/4/98

Sparrow wrote:

> >but it bugs the hell out of me when I'm laughed at for liking Sonic.
>
> I know what you mean. I actually had my own mother laugh at me when I
> told her I was writing a Sonic fanfic.
>
> That, among other reasons, is why I never posted it :)

Anyone who laughs at you for liking sonic is an idiot.
Liking Sonci makes a whole lot more sense than Sports.
"Screw saving the planet, this oddly shaped ball MUST go through those
goal posts!"

-Gen, don't like sports, can you tell?

TimeStones

Jun 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/4/98

In article <6kv9sp$m3s$2...@news2.isdnet.net>, "Solly n'Hedgy" <so...@worldnet.fr>
writes:

>I think it could be stupid if SEGA don't make a game such as Nights for the
>"DREAM-cast".....
>
>Solly

Umm.. I heard a rumor that they are, but it's just a rumor anyway. {If the
rumor is true, I just hope they keep Jackle. I don't need to worry about Reala
[anybody know how his name is pronounced anyway?] as he is most likely to
return. But Jackle was one of my most favorite characters. If only Archie
focused more on Jackle being more insane then I would've been a happy camper.:(
}

Quote of the week....

"His potential...is limitless!? ...not possible."-Cyber Peacock
**** **** * * ***
** * TimeStones* * *
** *** *** ***
* *** -Warrior of time and all time realities.

RHONDA ZEIGAFUSE

Jun 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/6/98

Oooooh good thinking louis and you want to know somethig IMHO your not
suth (sp) a bad guy after all

Brandon the Hedgehog

Sparrow

Jun 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/6/98

>Oooooh good thinking louis and you want to know somethig IMHO your not
>suth (sp) a bad guy after all

So I've noticed. I think this was the primary reason I defended him in
the beginning. He looks okay unless he's insulting someone. For some
reason, decency takes higher priority in my mind than insult, so it was
easy for me to forget his insults after a period of him acting normal.

The Chaos Emerald

Jun 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/7/98

TimeStones wrote...

>Umm.. I heard a rumor that they are, but it's just a rumor anyway. {If the
>rumor is true, I just hope they keep Jackle. I don't need to worry about
Reala
>[anybody know how his name is pronounced anyway?] as he is most likely to
>return. But Jackle was one of my most favorite characters. If only Archie
>focused more on Jackle being more insane then I would've been a happy
camper.:(
>}

Real-a? (real as in the word, and a like "uh"). That's how I pronounce it.

The Chaos Emerald

MachHedge

Jun 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/7/98

>Real-a? (real as in the word, and a like "uh"). That's how I pronounce it.

I thought It was Rel-uh.

Mach H. Hedgehog,
Writer of the book of pointless.

From The Book of Pointless:

12. Logs are our friends.

26. Fish don't need toothpaste.

The Chaos Emerald

Jun 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/8/98

MachHedge wrote...

>>Real-a? (real as in the word, and a like "uh"). That's how I pronounce
it.

>I thought It was Rel-uh.

Well it could be, it's just I saw the word "real" in his (her?) name and
decided that he (she?) wanted to stop the fake dream and bring you back to
REALity.

The Chaos Emerald

icky...@hotmail.com

Jun 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/8/98

> >Real-a? (real as in the word, and a like "uh"). That's how I pronounce it.
>
> I thought It was Rel-uh.

I always say it it Ree-A-La, that A is a long A, like you'd say the letter
itself. Ree-yay-la, kinda more like. That's probably wrong, but I think it
sounds better..

MachHedge

Jun 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/8/98

>I always say it it Ree-A-La, that A is a long A, like you'd say the letter
>itself. Ree-yay-la, kinda more like. That's probably wrong, but I think it
>sounds better..

It does sound cool...

Mach H. Hedgehog,
Writer of the book of pointless.

From The Book of Pointless:

4. Swiming in a pool is good exersize, swiming in pudding is tasty.
19. People have no use for Pizza shavers.
54. One can never have too much gas.

TimeStones

Jun 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/9/98

In article <toKe1.51$_01.3...@proxye1.san.rr.com>, "The Chaos Emerald"
<chaos-...@usa.net> writes:

>MachHedge wrote...

>>>Real-a? (real as in the word, and a like "uh"). That's how I pronounce
>it.
>>
>>I thought It was Rel-uh.
>

>Well it could be, it's just I saw the word "real" in his (her?) name and
>decided that he (she?) wanted to stop the fake dream and bring you back to
>REALity.
>
>The Chaos Emerald

Well, in the instructions booklet they refer to Reala as "he". NiGHTS on the
other hand, well, they never mention what NiGHTS' gender is.

"You're as free as a bird--er--and a wombat!"- Sonic T. Hedgehog

Solly n'Hedgy

Jun 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/12/98

TimeStones a écrit dans le message
<199806092108...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...

>In article <toKe1.51$_01.3...@proxye1.san.rr.com>, "The Chaos Emerald"
><chaos-...@usa.net> writes:
>
>>MachHedge wrote...
>>it.
>>>
>>>I thought It was Rel-uh.
>>
>>Well it could be, it's just I saw the word "real" in his (her?) name and
>>decided that he (she?) wanted to stop the fake dream and bring you back to
>>REALity.
>>
>>The Chaos Emerald
>
>Well, in the instructions booklet they refer to Reala as "he". NiGHTS on
the
>other hand, well, they never mention what NiGHTS' gender is.

I have an interview of Sonic Team where they say what is Nights' gender....
And it's not female and not male....... It's no one of them..............And
it's both too ..... They said we can see Nights as we want......
Nights is a sort of Angel even if he was created by Wizeman to be a bad
one....

Solly

John Isles, iv

Jun 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/21/98

I would imagine it's pronounced [REE-al-uh]

--
From the computer of John Isles, iv-...@gte.net