Playing lies during the Thankgiving day show on Radio

Fred the Red Shirt

Nov 29, 2004, 6:18:13 PM11/29/04
I don't normally listen tom Mr Limbaugh on the radio but caught at least
part of his show while driving down the Pennsylvania Turnpike early
in the Afternoon on Thanksgiving day. He had played a couple of
soundbytes from someone who had made some critical remarks about the
American Education system, in particular she had said that too many
students don't pay attention to the news, and as part of that criticism
she evidently said that listening to Rush Limbaugh is not news.

Quite true of course, just like reading the editorial page of any newspaper
is not news. Anyhow, evidently that irritated him a bit and he spent
a fair portion of his show criticizing sound bytes from her. Sorry,
I don't remember her name.

So he went on for a while, then there was a commercial break, then
some music played. I thought maybe his show was over, or I had
driven out of range of the other station and was picking up a new one
but then the music died down a bit an there was a sound byte that
sounded like it was from the same person Mr Limbaugh had been
criticizing earlier. Perhaps this is typical of Mr Limbaugh's shows,
I don't know.

WHat got my attention was one sound byte that was played went like this:

"Saddam Hussein blew up the World Trade Center and kids don't know this."

I really doubt that the person Mr Limbaugh was criticizing really said
that. But I'm not able to come up with a credible benign explanation.
So, I'm left supposing that Limbaugh played that quote, probably edited
down to change its content, as part of a deliberate deception.

Not cool.

--

FF

Jacob Carr

Nov 30, 2004, 4:47:39 AM11/30/04
fredf...@spamcop.net (Fred the Red Shirt) wrote in message news:<ef427f7c.04112...@posting.google.com>...

That's Limbaugh's shtick. Any time you tune in, you will find some
variation on the scenario you just described. That you were able to
discern what was going on upon your first visit with el-Rushbo, while
others have been listening for years and still don't realize what's
going on, is the real mystery. Then again, many people still believe
the WWF is real.