"Lorenzo the Kind" - pedophile or Hitler?

so.wh...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2007, 8:38:27 AM8/1/07
There is a discussion on Wikipedia at the moment on how to understand
"fond of children" in the description of A-M's last king, Lorenzo the
Kind. Me, like most people, always thought that it hints towards him
being a pedophile but an editor pointed out that it may also be an
allusion to Adolf Hitler, who was known to be fond of children despite
being a sadistic tyrant and dictator. What do you think?

Btw, the WP discussion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Samuel_Vimes#Lorenzo_the_Kind...pedophile_or_Hitler.3F

SoWhy

earwaxuk

Aug 1, 2007, 8:44:57 AM8/1/07
> Btw, the WP discussion:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Samuel_Vimes#Lorenzo_the_Kind...ped...
>
> SoWhy

Is there a chance that Lorenzo was a childrens entertainer on his days
off from Kinging? I suppose this wouldn't help to clear up whether he
was a paedophile but would certainly explain his unhealthy interest in
oversized shoes and rainbow afro wigs.

so.wh...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2007, 8:52:07 AM8/1/07

Hmm, if I recall correctly in "Feet of Clay" Vimes points out various
torturing devices which were found after his ancestor killed the king.
Which book describes "unhealthy interest in oversized shoes and
rainbow afro wigs"? I can't seem to recall that one...

SoWhy

Albert ARIBAUD

Aug 1, 2007, 8:54:41 AM8/1/07
Le Wed, 01 Aug 2007 05:38:27 -0700, so.why.not a écrit:

> There is a discussion on Wikipedia at the moment on how to understand
> "fond of children" in the description of A-M's last king, Lorenzo the
> Kind. Me, like most people, always thought that it hints towards him
> being a pedophile but an editor pointed out that it may also be an
> allusion to Adolf Hitler, who was known to be fond of children despite
> being a sadistic tyrant and dictator. What do you think?

How about him being a gourmet?

Amicalement,
--
Albert.

Daibhid Ceanaideach

Aug 1, 2007, 3:11:43 PM8/1/07
'Twas on the 01 Aug 2007, that so.wh...@gmail.com did say:

> There is a discussion on Wikipedia at the moment on how to
> understand "fond of children" in the description of A-M's
> last king, Lorenzo the Kind. Me, like most people, always
> thought that it hints towards him being a pedophile but an
> editor pointed out that it may also be an allusion to Adolf
> Hitler, who was known to be fond of children despite being
> a sadistic tyrant and dictator. What do you think?

Either works, I think. When I first read the line I took it at
face value, and it wasn't until later books started showing
Lorenzo as a monster that I started reading more into it.

--
Dave
Official Absentee of EU Skiffeysoc

-Wee Rocket

Aug 1, 2007, 4:34:05 PM8/1/07
Albert ARIBAUD wrote:

I'm feeling an adumbration of foreboding, as though a deluge of
crossposted troll messages is about to transpire.

-Wee Rocket
--
Remember Raccoon's Law: "Nothing Is Ever Always Anything."

Albert ARIBAUD

Aug 2, 2007, 2:00:58 AM8/2/07

Sorry if I caused that feeling, and sorry if I'll cause some trolling. My
intent was only dark humor.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.

Arthur Hagen

Aug 2, 2007, 3:49:01 PM8/2/07
On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 19:11 +0000, Daibhid Ceanaideach wrote:
> 'Twas on the 01 Aug 2007, that so.wh...@gmail.com did say:
>
> > There is a discussion on Wikipedia at the moment on how to
> > understand "fond of children" in the description of A-M's
> > last king, Lorenzo the Kind. Me, like most people, always
> > thought that it hints towards him being a pedophile but an
> > editor pointed out that it may also be an allusion to Adolf
> > Hitler, who was known to be fond of children despite being
> > a sadistic tyrant and dictator. What do you think?
>
> Either works, I think. When I first read the line I took it at
> face value, and it wasn't until later books started showing
> Lorenzo as a monster that I started reading more into it.

Perhaps he was fond of children the same way others are fond of kid and
pig suckling?

Regards,
--
*Art

Robert Carnegie

Aug 4, 2007, 5:12:40 PM8/4/07

Like W. C. Fields?

Elliott Grasett

Aug 4, 2007, 5:47:53 PM8/4/07

He never said (but one can imagine him doing so):

"I have the heart of a child."

"It's in a Perspex(1) block on my desk."

--
Cheers,
Elliott

(1) Or Lucite, if you find that more lucid.

Danny

Aug 4, 2007, 8:52:39 PM8/4/07
On Sat, 04 Aug 2007 17:47:53 -0400, Elliott Grasett <egra...@wightman.ca>,
wrote the following stuff about Re: "Lorenzo the Kind" - pedophile or Hitler?:

That is, however, very similar to a quote from Stephen King...
--
E-Mail: Danny (at) grovers (dash) sa (dot) com

Carol Hague

Aug 5, 2007, 7:15:30 AM8/5/07
Danny <da...@atgroversdashsadot.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 04 Aug 2007 17:47:53 -0400, Elliott Grasett <egra...@wightman.ca>,
> wrote the following stuff about Re: "Lorenzo the Kind" - pedophile or Hitler?:

> >He never said (but one can imagine him doing so):

> >"I have the heart of a child."
> >
> >"It's in a Perspex(1) block on my desk."
>
> That is, however, very similar to a quote from Stephen King...

I think you'll find it was Robert Bloch :-

http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/1145.html
--
Carol
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put

colin.g...@gmail.com

May 31, 2019, 4:43:44 AM5/31/19
I'm very find of children
But I couldn't eat a whole one

Is another comment I have heard but can't remember who it was attributed too . .

c...@mailserv.netunix.com

May 31, 2019, 8:27:03 AM5/31/19
Clive ? On the train. Demon.service or demon.local 199mumble.

steveski

May 31, 2019, 10:43:03 AM5/31/19
On Fri, 31 May 2019 01:43:42 -0700, colin.g.hammond wrote:

[]

'pedophile' - a lover of feet.

HTH

--
Steveski

Phil

Sep 7, 2019, 10:07:28 AM9/7/19
On 31/05/2019 09:43, colin.g...@gmail.com wrote:> I'm very find of
It may have been a guy called Dukenfeld. I think William and Claude were
his other names. He was a juggler of some renown.

p. pinto

Sep 9, 2019, 7:40:36 AM9/9/19
- hi; indeed: and not to be confuseled with "pedalophile". . .

- igmc

- love, ppint.
--
'tis due to ppinqueans that set light