Off To Iraq

1 view

Jay

Mar 1, 2004, 5:19:53 PM3/1/04
Well, my nephew is headed over on Friday. He is a mechanic on airplanes so
hopefully he will be at an airport or some other well protected place (well, as
protected as it can be).

If you are a prayer - please pray.

If you are a thinker - please think good thoughts.

;-)

Thank you!!

Jay
Remove CLOTHES to email

Michelle

Mar 1, 2004, 6:01:30 PM3/1/04

You got it!!! Prayers every night. What is his first name?

==========================
Cystic Fibrosis
Please help find a cure!
http://www.cff.org/
==========================

mikki

Mar 1, 2004, 6:03:10 PM3/1/04
of course; good thoughts and prayers for your nephew. I hope he stays safe and
comes home better than he left!

"Jay" <roll...@aol.comCLOTHES> wrote in message

Chris

Mar 1, 2004, 6:18:18 PM3/1/04
done.

c.
***

Bil

Mar 1, 2004, 7:28:32 PM3/1/04

Jay wrote:

> Well, my nephew is headed over on Friday. He is a mechanic on airplanes so
> hopefully he will be at an airport or some other well protected place (well, as
> protected as it can be).
>
> If you are a prayer - please pray.
>
> If you are a thinker - please think good thoughts.

Both done!

Bil

pe...@myhome.com

Mar 1, 2004, 8:10:34 PM3/1/04

You got it!
pepsi

Font of All Important Info

Mar 1, 2004, 8:55:33 PM3/1/04
On 01 Mar 2004 22:19:53 GMT, roll...@aol.comCLOTHES (Jay) felt
compelled by mysterious forces to say:

done and doner.

--dez

...a pistol-hot cup of Dez...

"Chef of chicanery, your buns are mine!"
--the Tick

WOLIBO

Mar 1, 2004, 9:25:56 PM3/1/04
I'll pray for yours if you pray for mine. Really long story involved in this
one which I won't get into, but my cousin should be leaving for "The Unnamed
Place" within a week or so. He is a tank programmer, so you can see where he
is going to be.
I must admit that this is really bothering the hell out of me and it is one of
the reasons that I just can't watch the news any more. Anytime I hear about
our boys getting blown up over there my head goes into panic mode. It's a good
thing I'm not a drinker.

I just hope that all of them come home safe and sound and in one piece and
SOON! But he is scheduled to be there for at least a year. If you ask me that
is too long, but I know that the current troops that are there have been there
much longer than that, which is WAY more wrong.

Rambling done, I'm feeling a major rant coming up......
Listener #29,
Cathy G.

Everyone is ignorant, just on different subjects.
--Will Rogers.

Paul V

Mar 1, 2004, 9:46:11 PM3/1/04
You got it, and tell him "Thank You"

Paul

Carrie

Mar 1, 2004, 10:30:23 PM3/1/04
Thinking and praying. :)
Carrie

Tinas49ers

Mar 1, 2004, 11:22:26 PM3/1/04
Jay, my thoughts and prayers are with your nephew.

Tin@

'Evil triumphs when the good people remain silent'

Save a life, give blood
1-800-GIVE LIFE

Michelle

Mar 1, 2004, 11:29:42 PM3/1/04

Consider yours on the list too!!!!

Gin

Mar 2, 2004, 12:04:09 AM3/2/04
My thoughts to you and your nephew..

Font of All Important Info

Mar 2, 2004, 12:10:29 AM3/2/04
On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 20:29:42 -0800, Michelle <Rocka...@hotmail.com>

felt compelled by mysterious forces to say:

>On 02 Mar 2004 02:25:56 GMT, wol...@aol.com (WOLIBO) wrote:

same here!

Auntie Bubbles

Mar 2, 2004, 12:22:11 AM3/2/04
My best wishes and prayers and gratitude go out to your nephew, Jay.
Auntie Bubbles

BruceRob

Mar 2, 2004, 12:25:14 AM3/2/04
Good thoughts being sent from Gaston to your nephew :)

--
BruceRob

YJotG

Mar 2, 2004, 12:47:52 AM3/2/04
Jay wrote:
> Well, my nephew is headed over on Friday. He is a mechanic on airplanes so
> hopefully he will be at an airport or some other well protected place (well, as
> protected as it can be).
>
> If you are a prayer - please pray.
>
> If you are a thinker - please think good thoughts.

My former Guard unit will be notified that within a year, they will be
deployed to Iraq. 116th Cav, HQ in Boise, ID. In addition, where I
work, the Guard unit here will be deployed as well.

Electronic Fun Zone

Mar 2, 2004, 2:16:13 AM3/2/04

Just for you, Jay:
May God hold your nephew in the palm of His hand
and keep him safe.

--
{{{{{{{HUGZ ! ! }}}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle

Electronic Fun Zone

Mar 2, 2004, 2:19:23 AM3/2/04

HUGZ for you, and major concern for your cousin. I will
only hope for the VERY best for him.

Electronic Fun Zone

Mar 2, 2004, 2:23:42 AM3/2/04
YJotG wrote:
> My former Guard unit will be notified that within a year, they will be
> deployed to Iraq. 116th Cav, HQ in Boise, ID. In addition, where I
> work, the Guard unit here will be deployed as well.

I know it's selfish of me, but I'm DAMN glad you are
no longer in the Guard. I want your happy ass right there
in Salem, safe in your house with the sniper tower.
You can always defend the city limits if you feel a need.......

:)

Stevie Ray Vaughan

Mar 2, 2004, 6:32:57 AM3/2/04

Conceder both done.
SRV

WOLIBO

Mar 2, 2004, 8:44:19 AM3/2/04
Thanks a bunch you all. This whole situation has me so twisted up that I can't
even begin to talk about it.
He has a really lovely wife and the most adorable kids (5 in total, 2 are not
born of his seed, but he still treats them like his own), his goal was to get
the youngest walking before he had to leave.

Best wishes and thoughts are going for your nephew, Jay. I totally understand
how you feel!

Rambling done,

mikki

Mar 2, 2004, 11:28:02 AM3/2/04
"WOLIBO" <wol...@aol.com> wrote in message

> I'll pray for yours if you pray for mine. Really long story involved in this
> one which I won't get into, but my cousin should be leaving for "The Unnamed
> Place" within a week or so. He is a tank programmer, so you can see where he
> is going to be.
> I must admit that this is really bothering the hell out of me and it is one of
> the reasons that I just can't watch the news any more. Anytime I hear about
> our boys getting blown up over there my head goes into panic mode. It's a
good
> thing I'm not a drinker.
>
> I just hope that all of them come home safe and sound and in one piece and
> SOON! But he is scheduled to be there for at least a year. If you ask me
that
> is too long, but I know that the current troops that are there have been there
> much longer than that, which is WAY more wrong.

I'll be sending positive thoughts to your cousin and his fellow soldiers. This
all reminds me of when I was 13 years old and my brother went off to Vietnam.
It was horrible. Years later, watching Platoon and Full Metal Jacket was almost
unbearable. There's no telling what these people go through and they usually
don't want to talk about it. I hope he'll be safe and come home soon.

Jay

Mar 2, 2004, 11:36:49 AM3/2/04
In article <20040302084419...@mb-m12.aol.com>, wol...@aol.com
(WOLIBO) writes:

>Best wishes and thoughts are going for your nephew, Jay. I totally
>understand
>how you feel!

Thanks. I am mostly worried about how much my sister is worrying.

Jay

Mar 2, 2004, 11:36:53 AM3/2/04
In article <20040301212556...@mb-m17.aol.com>, wol...@aol.com
(WOLIBO) writes:

>I'll pray for yours if you pray for mine. Really long story involved in this
>one which I won't get into, but my cousin should be leaving for "The Unnamed
>Place" within a week or so. He is a tank programmer, so you can see where
>he
>is going to be.

Of course you got it.

I think that type of job would really make me worry more. I would be with you
and probably avoid a lot of news reports. Hell, I do that now sometimes
anyway...

Jay

Mar 2, 2004, 11:36:54 AM3/2/04
In article <b5g7409n6eludaqor...@4ax.com>, Michelle
<Rocka...@hotmail.com> writes:

>You got it!!! Prayers every night. What is his first name?

His name is Jason. I talked to him on the phone last night. He is pretty
anxious but not really scared. His tour will be 90 days unless they get
extended. I am proud of him and not really worrind but I know how dangerous it
can be.

Thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts.... We have seen them work wonders
here and I have no doubt that will be the case.

Y'all rock.

Steve

Mar 2, 2004, 2:53:18 PM3/2/04
In article <20040301171953...@mb-m10.aol.com>,
roll...@aol.comCLOTHES (Jay) wrote:

> Well, my nephew is headed over on Friday. He is a mechanic on airplanes so
> hopefully he will be at an airport or some other well protected place (well,
> as
> protected as it can be).
>
> If you are a prayer - please pray.
>
> If you are a thinker - please think good thoughts.
>
> ;-)
>
> Thank you!!
>

> Jay
> Remove CLOTHES to email

Sending thoughts from down under.

--
Remove NOSPAM from email.

tHE qUEEN bEE

Mar 2, 2004, 10:12:21 PM3/2/04
praying, and thinking.
q *just in case*

Jay wrote in message <20040301171953...@mb-m10.aol.com>...
:Well, my nephew is headed over on Friday. He is a mechanic on

:

tHE qUEEN bEE

Mar 2, 2004, 10:14:59 PM3/2/04

:Thanks. I am mostly worried about how much my sister is worrying.
:Jay

my BIL is finally returning from Iraq this month... been there since
last July. He is with the 3rd Calv, a Lt Col. My sissy knows all about
the worry, as he has been on the front lones, going door to door, etc...
.. they have an excellent support group for wives that she has set up.
Might I give you a website addy (support group) that will help her
besides what is available to her at the base?

tHE qUEEN bEE

Mar 2, 2004, 10:16:28 PM3/2/04
:I'll be sending positive thoughts to your cousin and his fellow

soldiers. This
:all reminds me of when I was 13 years old and my brother went off to
Vietnam.
:It was horrible. Years later, watching Platoon and Full Metal Jacket
was almost
:unbearable. There's no telling what these people go through and they
usually
:don't want to talk about it. I hope he'll be safe and come home soon.

i'm afraid to ask.. don't know if i'm prepared to hear the answer...
but... did your brother... how is.... what happened to.... well, ....
wut was the experience?

tHE qUEEN bEE

Mar 2, 2004, 10:17:24 PM3/2/04

YJotG wrote ...
:My former Guard unit will be notified that within a year, they will be

:deployed to Iraq. 116th Cav, HQ in Boise, ID. In addition, where I
:work, the Guard unit here will be deployed as well.

former. my fave part of that sentence.

Paul V

Mar 2, 2004, 10:49:42 PM3/2/04
My oldest bro was in Vietnam. He wasn't even a U.S. citizen yet, but was
drafted. For many, many, many years his being there was something that
wasn't talked about. About 6 or 7 years ago he started talking about it very
casually. The war stories started coming out... although mostly only the
light-hearted stuff. He has never talked about the really serious stuff, and
probably never will. I don't think he saw a lot of front-line stuff (he was
an electronics geek), although I do know he was "close enough". When he came
home he weighed about 120 pounds... I guess he didn't like Army food!

As for any lasting effects, I don't know of any (although only he knows for
sure). He's led a very successful and happy life. He became a very respected
electrical engineer with Hughes/Ratheon and retired a couple of years ago.

Paul

"tHE qUEEN bEE" <thequeenbeeRE...@myself.com> wrote in message

Michelle

Mar 3, 2004, 12:01:30 AM3/3/04

What AWESOME news!!! I'm so thrilled that he is coming home soon.
Keep us updated, k?

Michelle

Mar 3, 2004, 12:03:56 AM3/3/04
On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 19:49:42 -0800, "Paul V" <pa...@borgt.com> wrote:

>My oldest bro was in Vietnam. He wasn't even a U.S. citizen yet, but was
>drafted. For many, many, many years his being there was something that
>wasn't talked about. About 6 or 7 years ago he started talking about it very
>casually. The war stories started coming out... although mostly only the
>light-hearted stuff. He has never talked about the really serious stuff, and
>probably never will. I don't think he saw a lot of front-line stuff (he was
>an electronics geek), although I do know he was "close enough". When he came
>home he weighed about 120 pounds... I guess he didn't like Army food!
>
>As for any lasting effects, I don't know of any (although only he knows for
>sure). He's led a very successful and happy life. He became a very respected
>electrical engineer with Hughes/Ratheon and retired a couple of years ago.
>
>Paul

My uncle was in Vietnam. He was exposed to that agent orange, and as
a direct result of that, both his children were born with problems.
One has down syndrome and the other was born with a clef palet (not
severe though and was corrected thankfully)

I do not envy the memories that these soldiers have to bear..... but
they all have my admiration and support.

mikki

Mar 3, 2004, 4:38:16 AM3/3/04
"tHE qUEEN bEE" <thequeenbeeRE...@myself.com> wrote in message

He came home but would never talk about much. I just know that it was a
horrible, terrifying, life changing experience. I think things are quite
different and better/more positive for the people who are serving in Iraq,
although war is war. I think there is much more support now. I don't know.
I'm glad your BIL is coming home soon. I hope all will be good for him and his
family.

Jay

Mar 3, 2004, 11:06:51 AM3/3/04
In article <40454e4d$1...@hydra.goldrush.com>, "tHE qUEEN bEE"
<thequeenbeeRE...@myself.com> writes:

>Might I give you a website addy (support group) that will help her
>besides what is available to her at the base?

Sounds great. My sister is pretty damn nervous. I will also forward it to his
young bride who IS on base but I am sure she is pretty worried as well.