Simba's Pride

1 view

David Morris

May 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/10/98

Just a few things... :)

First of all, shame on you if you dissed the animation. Thank your stars
it's not another "Return of Jafar"-esque deal. We waited four years for
this, and it's better than nothing; indeed, the animation is quite good for
a DVD film. There are some video effects, such as the aforementioned focal
shot where Kiara comes abruptly close to the lens and away again, as well
as the scene where Simba is looking at the star in the sky, that are high
quality work.
Now...on the subject of queens. :)
I ran into a situation like this on Serengeti Nights MUCK (yes, I do muck
from time to time, and it's quite entertaining, thank you. :) where Simba's
son became estranged from him before he was old enough to take over.
Well...I play Simba on there, and with only one son and two daughters, I
had to do something. :) Solution: one daughter was named heir...and her
choice of mate would become the future king. Her choice ended up being the
son of Kisasian...Scar's *grandson*...which in effect would reunite the two
sides...IF the two fathers could somehow resolve the idea. Needless to
say, this gave rise to some dramatic moments... :)
Okay, okay, I'll get to the point. :)
Let's not knock this from one single viewing of a short clip. Instead,
let's be thankful that the Disney folks decided to spend a little more
money on this one and make it look halfway decent, and reserve critical
opinion until we get to see the whole story. Imagine what you might have
thought of TLK from seeing just the song "I Just Can't Wait to Be King" as
a preview, and then compare it to the whole story...like the song says,
there's far too much to take in, here.
David A. Morris damo...@wilmington.net
Saint: First Church of Simba TLKiaWoL
FCOS Temple Inquisitor IRC: Ahadi
TLKMuck: Mabatu Serengeti Nights: Simba
"Remember who you are..."
Busa Simba iyo! Uli-buse le lizwe ngo thando.
http://www.lionking.org/~tgk/elsa.htm

"Children and apes may think it great
If that should titillate your gum
But from heart to heart you will never create
If from your heart it does not come."

--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, "Faust"

Warner Jones

May 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/11/98

Actually I want to apologize for me jumping to conclusion. I mean thier is a whole
lot of time between now and the time untill Simba's Pride comes out. All Simba says
that she is going to be future queen. Like Nala being future queen. I'll keep my mind
open. I just was in a little shock when I first herd it, and my mouth reacts before
my mind can think! sorry

thanks Marcus for the MP3 I couldn't come to the conclusion without you and Kese.

Warn...@lionking.org

JTC

May 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/11/98

At 02:32 AM 11/05/98 -0400, you wrote:
> Just a few things... :)
>
> First of all, shame on you if you dissed the animation. Thank your stars
>it's not another "Return of Jafar"-esque deal.

Amen. I can't believe some people didn't like it. It WAS different, and took
some getting used to. The first time I saw Simba's mane, I thought he'd gone
grey or something ;) But in the end, I thought it was really good.

JTC

Ashley Morris

May 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/11/98

Hi-
I hardly post, but I was reading some posts about Simba's daughter named
Kiara, but if you search www.imdb.com for Simba's Pride, it gives a cast
of characters naming Kiara *and* Shani. Also, if you listen to the
trailer after TLK on ABC on Sunday, the cub speaking is Claudia from
Party of Five. I thought this last night before I ever looked on the
Internet Movie Database this morning. I was confused, cause I thought
Neve Campbell was playing Simba's Cub. It turns out that Lacey Chabert
(Claudia, from Po5) is playing Shani, according to the www.imdb.com and
Kiara is played by Neve Campbell.

So Simba now has 2 cubs??

-Ashley

Stahi

May 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/11/98

Maybe Neve's playing Adult Kiara? =) Though I believe someone may
have added Shani to it before it was actually confirmed. =P

Shaun Daugherty TLKMUCK Stahi
Annapolis, MD CoL Stahi
St...@lionking.org African Tails Stahi
TLKIAWOL! FurryMUCK Sandoval
(410)626-9788 World Wilds Stahi
ICQ: 1046129 St...@aol.com
IRC Missionary (FCOS)
Hail Sarabi!
------- Begin TLK Code 1.51 -------
TLK++++ A-- B- D>+ C+ L++ Matsdfe++++ Pna++++ W+>++ S+>++ Tscmtzb+++
RLU? a- cdn++>+++ e- h+ iw+++ laimnprs pdc++++ sm#
------- End TLK Code -------

http://www.lionking.org/~stahi/

"...The shadows are watching..."

Melanie K Bivin

May 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/12/98

I have a question. Does anyone know who does the voices of Simba and Timon
and Pumbaa...well everyone in Simba's Pride? The voice sounded different
to me when I saw the preview. Maybe just the singing voice is different.
If anyone could give me a list of the characters voices that would be
great!

Thanks!
Melanie

Dennis Hackbart

May 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/12/98

>Thanks!
>Melanie
Hi matthew Broddrick is Simba His First Movie Was Ladyhawke
Nathan Lane Broadway way actor playes TimOn
Ernie Sabble Playes PUmba
Yes that is thier singing voices.

--
den...@itis.com

Melissa A Spencer

May 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/12/98

On Tue, 12 May 1998 11:02:14 -0700 (MST) Melanie K Bivin
<mk...@dana.ucc.nau.edu> writes:
>I have a question. Does anyone know who does the voices of Simba and
>Timon
>and Pumbaa...well everyone in Simba's Pride? The voice sounded
>different
>to me when I saw the preview. Maybe just the singing voice is
>different.
>If anyone could give me a list of the characters voices that would be
>great!
>
>Thanks!
>Melanie

All I know is Timon and Pumbaa,(i think) '
~TIMON~: Nathen Lane
Pumbaa: Ernie Sabella

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]