Foxwolfie Galen in SHANDA THE PANDA

Mike & Carole Curtis

Jul 6, 2001, 1:32:15 PM7/6/01
...ain't gonna happen, folks.

Mike

Scott Blackwell

Jul 6, 2001, 1:35:36 PM7/6/01
Mike & Carole Curtis wrote:

> ...ain't gonna happen, folks.
>
> Mike

Not even as a horribly disfigured and dismembered dead body?

Bahumat

Jul 6, 2001, 3:38:35 PM7/6/01
Oh god, don't tempt me like that. Here I was thinking he'd be the next
target for the Eeeeeevil Panda (whose name shall go unspoken, may he rot
in hell).

Bahumat

Gabriel Gentile

Jul 6, 2001, 3:51:10 PM7/6/01
in article 3B45F6E7...@FurNation.com, Scott Blackwell at
Sc...@FurNation.com wrote on 7/6/01 11:35 AM:

> Mike & Carole Curtis wrote:
>
>> ...ain't gonna happen, folks.

Good.

> Not even as a horribly disfigured and dismembered dead body?

Hey, ya can't win 'em all.
--
Gabriel Gentile
Spook...@earthlink.net

"Tragedy is if I cut my finger,
Comedy is if you walk into an open sewer and die."

-Mel Brooks

Dr. Cat

Jul 6, 2001, 8:29:49 PM7/6/01
Mike & Carole Curtis <shan...@cyberback.com> wrote:
: ...ain't gonna happen, folks.

Why not? Is that he a little TOO cartoony and unrealistic? :X)

*-------------------------------------------**-----------------------------*
Dr. Cat / Dragon's Eye Productions || Free alpha test:
*-------------------------------------------** http://www.furcadia.com
Furcadia - a graphic mud for PCs! || Let your imagination soar!
*-------------------------------------------**-----------------------------*

(Disclaimer: Tastes vary. But chocolate is universal.)

Steven F. Scharff

Jul 7, 2001, 12:14:33 AM7/7/01

Mike & Carole Curtis wrote:

> ...ain't gonna happen, folks.
>
> Mike

Don't scare me like that!

Steven F. Scharff
uni...@lvcm.com

mhirtes

Jul 7, 2001, 2:16:10 AM7/7/01
Mike & Carole Curtis wrote:

> ...ain't gonna happen, folks.
>
> Mike

...and around the world, there was much rejoicing.

--
"Who's driving? Oh my God! Bear is driving!! How can that be?????"

Jace

Jul 7, 2001, 10:34:20 PM7/7/01
On Sat, 07 Jul 2001 01:16:10 -0500, mhirtes
<mhi...@ALL.SPAMMERS.MUST.DIE.radiks.net> wrote:

> Mike & Carole Curtis wrote:
> >
> > ...ain't gonna happen, folks.
> >
> > Mike
>
> ...and around the world, there was much rejoicing.

Galen's not a local celebrity, I take it....

Not the good kind, anyway.... and yes, I do have some idea who he is.
I just don't know much else about him or how he relates to the rest of
the fandom.
---
Jace
ja...@softhome.net
ICQ# 4654209
http://sydewinder.tripod.com/default.html

falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~qandrews
Freeform fantasy RP

Kathmandu

Jul 7, 2001, 12:44:38 PM7/7/01

"Jace" <ja...@softhome.net> wrote in message

> On Sat, 07 Jul 2001 01:16:10 -0500, mhirtes
> <mhi...@ALL.SPAMMERS.MUST.DIE.radiks.net> wrote:
>
> > Mike & Carole Curtis wrote:
> > >
> > > ...ain't gonna happen, folks.
> > >
> > > Mike
> >
> > ...and around the world, there was much rejoicing.
>
> Galen's not a local celebrity, I take it....
>
> Not the good kind, anyway.... and yes, I do have some idea who he is.
> I just don't know much else about him or how he relates to the rest of
> the fandom.

2 the Griffon's rant appies to HIM, get it? I have to give Galen credit, he
tries to separate his fondness for boinking plushies and furry fandom at
every opportunity. Unfortunatly others make the connection for him. He and
his plushophile web site are now mentioned in Playboy ( joy ). The Curtises
were making a joke about him appearing in their comic, Shanda the Panda too.

Jace

Jul 8, 2001, 1:35:13 PM7/8/01
On Sat, 7 Jul 2001 11:44:38 -0500, "Kathmandu" <katm...@vidnet.net>
wrote:

> "Jace" <ja...@softhome.net> wrote in message
> > On Sat, 07 Jul 2001 01:16:10 -0500, mhirtes
> > <mhi...@ALL.SPAMMERS.MUST.DIE.radiks.net> wrote:

> > > ...and around the world, there was much rejoicing.
> >
> > Galen's not a local celebrity, I take it....
> >
> > Not the good kind, anyway.... and yes, I do have some idea who he is.
> > I just don't know much else about him or how he relates to the rest of
> > the fandom.
>
> 2 the Griffon's rant appies to HIM, get it?

Yup.

I have to give Galen credit, he
> tries to separate his fondness for boinking plushies and furry fandom at
> every opportunity. Unfortunatly others make the connection for him. He and
> his plushophile web site are now mentioned in Playboy ( joy ). The Curtises
> were making a joke about him appearing in their comic, Shanda the Panda too.

Ok, that explains what Shanda the Panda is... I was just wondering cuz
it seems he's talked about in the same way as a few other pariahs
round here.

Kathmandu

Jul 7, 2001, 10:37:19 PM7/7/01

> On Sat, 7 Jul 2001 11:44:38 -0500, "Kathmandu" <katm...@vidnet.net>
> wrote:
>

> > "Jace" <ja...@softhome.net> wrote in message

> > > Galen's not a local celebrity, I take it....
>

> Ok, that explains what Shanda the Panda is... I was just wondering cuz
> it seems he's talked about in the same way as a few other pariahs
> round here.

Galen is a kind and generous soul, gentle in his demeanor and would give you
the shirt off his back in an instant. In many ways he doesn't deserve the
public stoning he is receiving. You have noticed he hasn't been trounced on
nearly as bad as you would expect and isn't near the pariah that Ostrich is.
Unfortunately, Galen is like many furs, overjoyed at the prospect that there
are others out there in the great sea of people who share his interests and
made a web site announcing to the world his love for popping cotton,
boinking Meekos, whatever you want to call it. With his web site he has been
able to contact and inform others who share his passion just as Furnation
and VCL do for the furry community. The problems arose when Vanity Fair
printed an article on furries which lumped a variety of odd fetishes, not
just plushiphilia under the Fur banner. Furs were, not surprisingly, pissed
off. Galen, Ostrich and several others were interviewed and apparently were
misled by the author as to what sort of article it was supposed to be. Galen
apologized and stated he had insisted that plushie and furry were unrelated
to the author who promptly ignored him. He still maintains the plushophile
web site and glossary and it was just mentioned in Playboy.

Kathmandu

Jace

Jul 8, 2001, 6:55:09 PM7/8/01
On Sat, 7 Jul 2001 21:37:19 -0500, "Kathmandu" <katm...@vidnet.net>
wrote:

Ah, that pretty much explains it.... I won't even ask who Ostrich is,
or where he buries his head.... ;P

mhirtes

Jul 8, 2001, 3:23:05 AM7/8/01
Kathmandu wrote:

> Galen is a kind and generous soul, gentle in his demeanor and would give you
> the shirt off his back in an instant.

The main thing is would you wear it afterwards?

Kathmandu

Jul 8, 2001, 3:19:22 PM7/8/01

"mhirtes" <mhi...@ALL.SPAMMERS.MUST.DIE.radiks.net> wrote in message

> Kathmandu wrote:
> >

> > Galen is a kind and generous soul, gentle in his demeanor and would give
you
> > the shirt off his back in an instant.
>
> The main thing is would you wear it afterwards?

I suspect you were trying to be funny here. Be that as it may, what exactly
is he doing? Masturbating with a stuffed toy. Big freakin deal. It's
harmless and compared to other really wierd fetishes out there, relitivily
normal. My only beef with him and other plushophiles, inflatophiles, or
whatever -phile you can imagine can't keep their private
sexuality...private. Worse yet, it ends up being connected with furry and
those who do not share in the kink-o-thon don't like it. Even those who
share the same sexual tastes but have half a brain and want to stay out of
the limelight are pissed too.

If I needed the shirt badly enough, yes I would. If he offered me a stuffed
toy, no I wouldn't....

RHayes Jr

Jul 8, 2001, 6:39:14 PM7/8/01
Galen is a kind and generous soul, gentle in his demeanor and would give you
> > the shirt off his back in an instant.

And you can rest assured his pants would swiftly follow.....

RHayes Jr

Jul 8, 2001, 6:43:28 PM7/8/01
Galen, Ostrich and several others were interviewed and apparently were
> > misled by the author as to what sort of article it was supposed to be.

News flash for the terminally clueless: they're not there with cameras, tape
recorders and microphones because they like you.
If you act like, or have any inkling of a suspicion that others regard you
as, oh, I dunno, a FREAK, the relationship between you and anyone with a
press pass is best summed up as "them buzzard, you gut wagon."

Kiala Dreamstalker

Jul 8, 2001, 8:24:42 PM7/8/01

You first ;>

-Kiala, Webmaster, Dreamchaos Networks
=====-===-==-=--=-----.---.--.-..-..... ... .. . . . |
|.8.8.888.|Kiala Dreamstalker | "In 1000 years there won't |
|.8.8..8..|ki...@lycanthrope.net | be men and women, there'll |
|.88...8..|www.dreamchaos.org | just be people. I can |
|.8.8..8..|Author, Mage, Theri | live with that" -Kiala |
|.8.8.888.|ICQ:17611893|IRC:Kiala| |
| . . . .. ... .....-..-.--.---.-----=--=-==-===-=====

mhirtes

Jul 8, 2001, 11:11:19 PM7/8/01

LO*FUCKING*L!!!!

Kathmandu

Jul 9, 2001, 12:55:48 AM7/9/01

"RHayes Jr" <blu...@ntelos.net> wrote in message

No truer words have been spoken. But lets put things in perspective here.
For instance, RC was stopped by the reporter at the con and was asked why he
was carrying a plastic container. Having nothing to hide, he proceeded to
tell him it contained the ashes of his beloved dead cat and whenever he
traveled, he would spread the ashes near various landmarks and such. A
touching memorial to a loved pet. I wish someone loved me enough to do that
with my ashes. Anyway, in the article RC was portrayed as some sort of
obsessed freak who carried the ashes of a dead cat around a furry
convention.

Countless people are suckered in every day by these vultures and it's easier
than you think. It's their job.

Jace

Jul 9, 2001, 6:04:12 PM7/9/01
On Sun, 8 Jul 2001 23:55:48 -0500, "Kathmandu" <katm...@vidnet.net>
wrote:

Now that really bites...

Kathmandu

Jul 9, 2001, 3:15:17 AM7/9/01

"Jace" <ja...@softhome.net> wrote in message

I did fail to mention that he was carrying the ashes at the convention to
have it's picture taken with various famous furries, but that doesn't make
him a freak...does it? LOL

Bahumat

Jul 9, 2001, 4:32:18 AM7/9/01
Hiya WhiteFox. :)

Bahumat

Gabriel Gentile

Jul 9, 2001, 6:33:38 PM7/9/01

> I did fail to mention that he was carrying the ashes at the convention to
> have it's picture taken with various famous furries, but that doesn't make
> him a freak...does it? LOL

I wish to return this cat you sold me.

Ah, yes, the Grey Tabby. Lovely coat. What's the matter with it?

I'll tell you what's the matter with it... It's DEAD, that's what's the
matter with it!