Leaving the newsgroup..

M Panthera Uncia

Nov 10, 2003, 7:29:49 PM11/10/03
I cant say that lurking here, and doing the occasioal post has been fun in the
past, but I have finally had it with all of the petty, and stupid flame wars
that errupt here.

Anyway for the most part they have become the same old tired collection of
posts. and trolls, the trolls know who they are, and I'm not going to list them
here.

Besides I've come know full well that AFF really is'nt that important, even
though some of you seem to think that it is.

I'm out of here.

And I won't be back, unlike some who keep comming back for no good reason, and
you know who you are too..

So long..........

MP

The United States of Anerica,
Is a first world country, currently being run by a third world government.

Dave the Danceing Hyena

Nov 11, 2003, 7:35:33 AM11/11/03
mpan...@aol.comkillspam (M Panthera Uncia) shall never vanquished be
until great Birnam wood to high alt.fan.furry. hill shall come against
him.

>I cant say that lurking here, and doing the occasioal post has been fun in the
>past, but I have finally had it with all of the petty, and stupid flame wars
>that errupt here.

Then go away.

>Anyway for the most part they have become the same old tired collection of
>posts. and trolls, the trolls know who they are, and I'm not going to list them
>here.

Away with you then.

>Besides I've come know full well that AFF really is'nt that important, even
>though some of you seem to think that it is.
>
>I'm out of here.

Goodbye.

>And I won't be back, unlike some who keep comming back for no good reason, and
>you know who you are too..

Still here?

>So long..........

Spare us your angst please.

---
If U R Stealing my art
U R raping my soul
PLS don't rape my soul!

Don Sanders

Nov 11, 2003, 9:15:59 AM11/11/03
In article <Xns9430B16B...@news.individual.net>, spamnet-
n...@dragonfur.ca says...
> The voice of "M Panthera Uncia" drifted in on the cyber-winds,
> from the sea of virtual chaos...

> > I cant say that lurking here, and doing the occasioal post has
> > been fun in the past, but I have finally had it with all of the
> > petty, and stupid flame wars that errupt here.
> >
> > Anyway for the most part they have become the same old tired
> > collection of posts. and trolls, the trolls know who they are,
> > and I'm not going to list them here. Besides I've come know full
> > well that AFF really is'nt that important, even though some of
> > you seem to think that it is.
> >
> > I'm out of here. And I won't be back, unlike some who keep comming
> > back for no good reason, and you know who you are too..
> > So long..........
>

> AOL... Need I say more... Ahh, but I have to...

Was that trip really necessary? And what is the significance with AOL?
Would you have said the same for those using Earthlink, or NetZero, or
those other services out there? Or for that matter would you have said
anything if the user was using the same services you are using Max? Oh
wait! I guess you would.

> I've seen this mercy trick before, and it's just as worthless as a plea
> for sanity it alt.flame.furry. You just have to grow a tougher skin or
> learn how to filter better. Which in your case isn't possible with that
> "Crippleware" AOL calls a Usenet client, the only one that can use to
> access AOL servers. }:8P

Hmm. Always the solution, grow a thick skin, filter your viewing, lurk
more. Always leaving it up to the person complaining but never leave it
up to those who cause the problems. Not to say that you are part of the
problem at large, but if you think of it, like it or not, everyone is
part of the problem, but never want to be part of the solution.

> I'd say we'd miss you, but we never knew you. Once you've out grown the
> "kiddy pool" that is AOL I'm certain you'll be back...

"Those who do not view through a unix shell are those doomed to be lame?"
That is the message I am receiving here. You just gotta love the
mentality here. Considering that the number of responsible users
outweigh the number of your so-called kiddies sorta invalidate your
statement, but then again, I'm sure you are not the kind to ask AOL this.

Oh well, so much for that. Frankly with the feces flinging attitude that
most on this newsgroup have, maybe this person would be better off going
to a closed forum. For sure, the notion of "You are not here to make
friends, just to view the posts and like it." will not go away with
attitudes like that, but heck, you folks are grown people, you figure it
out.

> We'll keep a few "Flames" warm for you. };8)

And that is helping, how?

Don Sanders.

Don Sanders

Nov 12, 2003, 7:15:52 PM11/12/03
*** Problems with my newsreader at work prevented me from responding
to this earlier, it is a few days late and since then I've kinda
calmed down a bit. ***

In article <Xns943092161...@news.individual.net>, spamnet-
n...@dragonfur.ca says...
> The voice of "Don Sanders" drifted in on the cyber-winds,

> from the sea of virtual chaos...
>

> >> AOL... Need I say more... Ahh, but I have to...
> >
> > Was that trip really necessary?
> > And what is the significance with AOL?
> > Would you have said the same for those using Earthlink,
> > or NetZero, or those other services out there?
>

> Sure... It was my opinion after all. Those that limit them selves
> through ignorance create their own problems, and for such I have no
> pity. Personally I'd love to filter out all AOL users, but I have a few
> good friends still using it, and they know where I stand.

Ok. I was under the impression that you were yet another AOL-basher,
but
considering you have friends there, that is a totally different
matter.
Of course you are entitled to your own opinion, it is still a semi-
free
world. Sometimes the line gets blurred between expression an opinion
and
jumping on the old cynical bandwagon. I never make it a habit of
judging
character unless I really need to. (Please note, I have a tendency
ramble in my comment, it is something that those how have been here
quite
awhile would know. My apology if this irritates you)

> >> You just have to grow a tougher skin or learn how to filter better.
> >> Which in your case isn't possible with that "Crippleware" AOL calls
> >> a Usenet client, the only one that can use to access AOL servers.
> >

> > Hmm. Always the solution, grow a thick skin, filter your viewing,
> > lurk more. Always leaving it up to the person complaining but
> > never leave it up to those who cause the problems.
>

> You can't change those that are posting, only yourself...
> Learning to "live with it" is the first step; it called acceptance.
> I've gotten to that stage now, so I don't kill-filter as much. Trolls
> are funny if think about it (in their own little way).

Well said, don't have anything to add or subtract to it.

> > Not to say that you are part of the problem at large, but if you
> > think of it, like it or not, everyone is part of the problem, but
> > never want to be part of the solution.
>

> Possibly, but that's life... };8)

> >> We'll keep a few "Flames" warm for you. };8)
> >>
> > And that is helping, how?
>

> What, no funny bone?
> Didn't you get the joking manor of the second half of the post?

After awhile here on this newsgroup I tend to stop looking for humor
in a
majority of the posts. Perhaps it is the end result of what has been
going on in this newsgroup. Since you mentioned it, I will take the
second part of the post as humorous, but know that there are those
who
use humor as a shield for their form of venom. Bitten too many
times,
only hoping for immunity.

I guess this closes this thread for myself, sorry to be a bother.

Don Sanders.