Hub makes "Equestria Girls" for MLP fans

Inkan1969

Jun 1, 2011, 1:14:51 PM6/1/11
To promote the hit series "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic", the
Hub Network produced this video, "Equestria Girls".

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/29/my-little-pony-parodies-katy-perry/

Also

http://www.bnet.com/blog/sports-entertainment/my-little-pony-the-hip-new-trend-among-the-geekerati/313

It's an unusual case of a company sending a shout out to a fan
following, and getting media attention in the process. Cool :-D

- Inkan1969

Oliver

Jun 1, 2011, 1:46:24 PM6/1/11
I've been informed it's now considered "hip" to watch My Little Pony.

All I can say is, if that's the degraded standard to which "hipness"
has fallen -- then give me a tweed jacket, carpet slippers and copy of
'The Reactionary Conservative Review' any day.

I mean, seriously, c'mon, My Little Fucking Pony, "hip"?! Tell me
you're shitting me!

Inkan1969

Jun 1, 2011, 2:05:34 PM6/1/11

What you're telling me, actually, is that you haven't seen the show
yet. :-)

"Friendship is Magic", produced by Lauren Faust of "Powerpuff
Girls" and "Foster's Home" fame, competes with "Amazing World of
Gumball" and "Regular Show" for the best new cartoon this season.
Watch it for yourself; it's on every weekday at 8:30 AM and 1:30 PM on
the Hub. Or find eps on You Tube.

- Inkan1969

Wanderer

Jun 4, 2011, 2:25:24 AM6/4/11
"Oliver" <oaco...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Nope. Thankfully, the series doesn't take itself at all seriously. :)
It's still not *my* cup of cocoa, but the series actually has good animation
(especially for Flash), decent, creative scripts, and a healthy distaste for
the excesses of the earlier series' writing.