News Bulletin -- New Title Releases

Darrell Benvenuto

Nov 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/28/99

Vision Entertainment, whose divisions include Vision Novels, Vision Comics
and Vision Productions, best known for publishing:

Gor Magazine,
Shanda the Panda,
Katmandu,
Beatrix,
Extinctioners,
The Hollow Earth,
Savage Funnies,
Hard Core,
Tank Vixens,
Sweet Treats,
and more,

Have launched their new book line with a bang. The first book in their
burgeoning lineup is the long-awaited, huge masterpiece of fantasy by TSR
author Paul Kidd, "A Whisper of Wings". It's available NOW, orderable
through either your local bookstore or through Amazon.com (helpful URL's and
bookstore-ordering information provided at the end of this message). "A
Whisper of Wings" chronicles a time of spiritual crisis in the lives of a
non-human race of hunter/gatherers known as the Kashra. As disaster looms
over their stagnant and calcified culture, two Messiahs arise -- each one
pure in their vision, and tragically opposed. War and terror, hope and love,
power and majesty vie in a conflict that will tear a people asunder and
remake them again in the fires of conflict. Illustrated with 20 full-page
plates by the renowned artist Terrie Smith, "Whisper" looks to be a
tremendous hit.

The second book in Vision's lineup, Barb Hendee's "Blood Memories", follows
closely on the heels of "Whisper" -- at the time of this writing, it is just
clearing the printer's, and will be available on Amazon.com (and orderable
through bookstores) next week. "Blood Memories" is a chilling story of
vampires in the modern day world, and marks Vision's first offering in the
Horror market.

The third book, which is even now about to hit the presses, is Paul Kidd's
amazing "Rats of Acomar", the first book in the Mornmist shared world
created by Fantasy legends Lynn Abbey (Creator of Thieves' World) and Ed
Greenwood (Creator of TSR's Forgotten Realms). It will soon be followed by
several other books in the series by Elaine Cunningham, Jeff Grubb, Mary
Herbert and more.

Once these titles are on the shelves, Vision has plans to publish the
long-awaited 26th book in the GOR series, "Witness of Gor", and
simultaneously release Gor Magazine, it's digitally-colored graphic fantasy
magazine, based on past books in the Gor series, produced in concert with
the author himself, John Norman.

Take a look at some of the helpful URL's below:

The Vision Novels Page
http://vision.nais.com/page2.html

Vision's Gor Magazine Site
http://vision.nais.com/Gor/index.htm

The Main Vision Entertainment Site
http://vision.nais.com

The Amazon.com page on "A Whisper of Wings" is extraordinary, with not only
samples of some of the interior full-page plates of the book, but also a
thrilling excerpt from the story itself. While you're on Amazon.com, you
might want to check out Vision's unique "Sweet Treats" Cookbook -- just
search for the phrase "Marsha Redfox" and you'll find it.

To order "A Whisper of Wings" through your local bookstore, just note down
the following:

Title: "A Whisper of Wings"
Author: Paul Kidd
ISBN: 1-887038-04-3
Distributed through INGRAM

rans...@tejiba.hiding.in-a-wash.haha

Nov 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/29/99
In article <3841...@news.nais.com>,
"Darrell Benvenuto" <dar...@vision.nais.com> writes:

|> The Amazon.com page on "A Whisper of Wings" is extraordinary, with not only

amazing. not only can you find this book on amazon, you can also find:

The American Journal Of Anthropomorphics
The Furkindred: Let Sleeping Gods Lie
Furry Pirates: Swashbuckling Adventure in the Furry Age of Piracy
Little Paw I & II

guess I was living in a leeetle bit of a cave, nu?

--
"the game is ninety minutes long. the ball is round. you know the rules."
-Run Lola Run

David Formosa (aka ? the Platypus)

Nov 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/29/99
On Sun, 28 Nov 1999 19:15:15 -0500, Darrell Benvenuto
<dar...@vision.nais.com> wrote:

>Vision Entertainment, whose divisions include Vision Novels, Vision Comics
>and Vision Productions, best known for publishing:

I was under the impression that Vision comics is no more.

> Shanda the Panda,
> Katmandu,
> Extinctioners,
> Sweet Treats,

Are now published by SFA I beleave.

http://www.zeta.org.au/~dformosa/Spelling.html to find out more.

Mike and Carole Curtis

Nov 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/29/99

David Formosa (aka ? the Platypus) wrote in message ...

>On Sun, 28 Nov 1999 19:15:15 -0500, Darrell Benvenuto
><dar...@vision.nais.com> wrote:
>>
>>Vision Entertainment, whose divisions include Vision Novels, Vision Comics
>>and Vision Productions, best known for publishing:
>
>I was under the impression that Vision comics is no more.
>
>> Shanda the Panda,
>> Katmandu,
>> Extinctioners,
>> Sweet Treats,
>
>Are now published by SFA I beleave.
>
>--
>Add BEATRIX to that list, as Taral is working on the next issue. Plus TALL
TAILS went to Radio to appear in FURRLOUGH. But SWEET TREATS was just the
one book published by Vision, although Robert and Margaret Carspecken are
working on other new projects.

This is a shock to me also, although I am glad that WHISPER OF WINGS is
apparently out. Several people have asked us if we were going to publish
it.

Mike

Sebastian F. Mix

Nov 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/29/99

rune....@worldnet.att.mil

Nov 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/30/99
Sebastian F. Mix wrote:

> : Title: "A Whisper of Wings"
> : Author: Paul Kidd
> : ISBN: 1-887038-04-3
> : Distributed through INGRAM
>
> Price: $19.99
> Paperback, 6"x9", 380 pages.
> Special order (1-2 weeks), unusual for a newly available book. BOD printing?

Maybe PiP or Kinko's?

kodak

Nov 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/30/99
<dar...@vision.nais.com> wrote:

> Vision Entertainment, whose divisions include Vision Novels, Vision Comics
> and Vision Productions, best known for publishing:

Actually, Vision is /not/ known for publishing anything of note, just a
recipe book featuring amateurish art and some poorly-done furry comics.
Really now...Hard Core?!?!?!? Christ Allmighty!

> Have launched their new book line with a bang. The first book in their
> burgeoning lineup

"Burgeoning," meaning to grow rapidly...like weeds, I guess. ;)

> is the long-awaited, huge masterpiece of fantasy

"Masterpiece"? Hahahaha!

<snipping>

> The third book, which is even now about to hit the presses, is Paul Kidd's
> amazing "Rats of Acomar", the first book in the Mornmist shared world
> created by Fantasy legends Lynn Abbey (Creator of Thieves' World) and Ed
> Greenwood (Creator of TSR's Forgotten Realms). It will soon be followed by
> several other books in the series by Elaine Cunningham, Jeff Grubb, Mary
> Herbert and more.
>

> Once these titles are on the shelves,

LOL! Oh please stop! Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!

> Vision has plans to publish the
> long-awaited 26th book in the GOR series, "Witness of Gor", and

"Long-awaited"? There have actually been people /waiting/ for this
crap? Hee!

> simultaneously release Gor Magazine, it's digitally-colored graphic fantasy
> magazine, based on past books in the Gor series, produced in concert with
> the author himself, John Norman.

Oh gods. Give it up! We're dying of laughter here! :)

Chuck Melville

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
kodak <east...@netcom.com> wrote in article
<301119990736120605%east...@netcom.com>...

> In article <3841...@news.nais.com>, Darrell Benvenuto
> <dar...@vision.nais.com> wrote:
>
> > Vision Entertainment, whose divisions include Vision Novels, Vision
Comics
> > and Vision Productions, best known for publishing:
>
> Actually, Vision is /not/ known for publishing anything of note, just a
> recipe book featuring amateurish art and some poorly-done furry comics.
> Really now...Hard Core?!?!?!? Christ Allmighty!

Oh, come now... what sort of sour grapes are these? Margaret Carspecken
can hardly be considered 'amateurish'. And while the quality of the furry
comics varied, they were far from being 'poorly-done'.

> > is the long-awaited, huge masterpiece of fantasy
>
> "Masterpiece"? Hahahaha!

Overhyped, perhaps. But still a book long-awaited by many of us,
particularly by those of us who have read early drafts. I'm delighted it's
finally seen print and intend to get a copy at the earliest opportunity.

--

-Chuck Melville-
http://www.zipcon.net/~cpam/index.htm

Darrell Benvenuto

Dec 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/2/99
> Oh, come now... what sort of sour grapes are these?
> Margaret Carspecken can hardly be considered
> 'amateurish'.

Dear Chuck:

I'm surprised to see you even responded to this fool's post. Idiots like
this, that talk out of the wrong end of their bodies, with no basis for
their silly comments, are a big part of what is wrong with Alt.Fan.Furry.
Responding to their drivel simply perpetuates it, and lends them credence.
But thank you for your support, nonetheless.

Anyone who bought Vision Comics could always count on high production
values, from the artwork to the heavy, 50# ultra-white paper it was printed
upon. Our first color comic, Beatrix #1, printed on glossy, coated #3
stock, has NO equal in production values in the entire history of
Independent Furry Comics -- ever -- and was even nominated for three Eisner
awards (a fact most folks don't know).

I always say, if they don't like them, don't buy them. But to attempt to
mock the earnest best efforts of the artists, inkers, pencilers, colorists,
publisher and printer involved, especially when the would-be critic's sole
accomplishment in life is his various and sundry attempts at flames in
newsgroups, is more than laughable. It's pathethic. Let him publish a line
of comics, books and magazines for the years you and I have, and -earn- the
right to be taken seriously.

---
Darrell Benvenuto
Vision Entertainment