Is this a good idea?

Caveman Joe

Jan 7, 2001, 4:23:01 PM1/7/01
Take a look: www.furnation.com/cmj/fab.htm
I haven't designed a logo yet, but if many people think it'll do more harm
than good, I won't bother. I just think that if we kept it simple, this
could be as successful as Hackers Against Pedophilia.
Thanks. ;)

bevnsag

Jan 7, 2001, 4:32:43 PM1/7/01

Just found some sites on tiny home made gas turbines! Just so cool!

Caveman Joe

Jan 7, 2001, 4:52:47 PM1/7/01
EEK!
Newbie to AFF, Caveman Joe strolls in quite casually, outlining his
proposal.
Almost immediately, somebody says something that takes him COMPLETELY by
surprise!
And he runs for the door!

Like the echoes of your childhood laughter, ever after...
Like the first time love urged you to take its guidance, in silence...
Like your heartbeat when you realise you're dying, but you're trying...
Like the way we cry for a happy ending...
I know...
http://www.furnation.com/cmj
http://clik.to/cmj

"bevnsag" <bev...@home.com> wrote in message

Farry

Jan 7, 2001, 5:34:26 PM1/7/01
On Sun, 7 Jan 2001 21:23:01 -0000, "Caveman Joe"
<C...@RUOK36.FREESERVE.CO.UK> wrote:

> ...but if many people think it'll do more harm
> than good...

You're a fellow Brit, right? So this web page IS is piss-take? Please?

--
|\ /|
| \'_| Farry
___.-' @ `--o
/// / ____,' fa...@earthling.net
/ / ///~~/ ICQ 8277359

Caveman Joe

Sai - Taps (Robert Thayer)

Jan 7, 2001, 5:49:09 PM1/7/01

Sai from Taps <Robert Thayer rth...@ups.edu> responds:
This is an excellent idea! If I had a webpage, I would put it up on it. I
do not think Bestiality is a bad thing, because I believe animals can
consent as well, but I don't think it's really a good thing, either.
I just do not want everyone to associate every furry with being a bestial.
I know quite a few furs who despise the thought of bestiality...my g/f for
one! She's an avid furry, and can't stand the thought of making love with
an animal. Not every furry is a bestial...and not every bestial is a
furry...it's like saying that every hyooman is a furry, just because /some/
are...
Don't associate everyone of a group with the actions of a few.

Richard Chandler - WA Resident

Jan 7, 2001, 6:04:45 PM1/7/01
In article <3A58DFEA...@home.com>, bevnsag <bev...@home.com> writes:
> Just found some sites on tiny home made gas turbines! Just so cool!

You want some real fun? Start looking up Tesla's bladeless turbine. Some
people have been attempting to build working models, but they haven't been
nearly as successful as the original one Tesla built, which no longer exists,
as far as I know.

The thing about Tesla's design was that the used surface tension to attach the
fuel flow to the disks he used instead of blades, and he was able to acheive
astronomical power to weight ratios.

His principle HAS been applied to water pumps successfully.

--
"if Marylin Manson has more of an influence on a kid than the kid's parents
do, then maybe the parents need to look at how they're raising their kids."

Caveman Joe

Jan 7, 2001, 6:09:39 PM1/7/01

I'd like to introduce you all to some of my other ideas:
FAFF - Furries Against Fish F******
FAGG - Furries Against Gentle Girls
FART - Furries Against Racial Torment
FAOF - Furries Against Other Furries
FARL - Furries Against Real Life
FAAS - Furries Against Anything Shiny
FATP - Furries Against Tall People
FASP - Furries Against Short People
FAE - Furries Against Everything

Yes, you got me, it's a piss-take. *grins* But within half an hour of my
posting that, a French guy had E-mailed me taking it seriously!
I mean, really, REALLY seriously!
*shakes head, chuckles* - Honestly, with a name like "The FAB
association!"...

--
Like the echoes of your childhood laughter, ever after...
Like the first time love urged you to take its guidance, in silence...
Like your heartbeat when you realise you're dying, but you're trying...
Like the way we cry for a happy ending...
I know...
http://www.furnation.com/cmj
http://clik.to/cmj
"Farry" <fa...@earthling.net> wrote in message

Caveman Joe

Jan 7, 2001, 6:09:24 PM1/7/01
Ahem... *laughs nervously*
Well, this *was* intended as a joke (didn't the abbreviation of Furries
Against Bestiality give you any clues? I was being too damn subtle as
always... *grin*), but if people believe it can work...
What I envisage (if this turns out as more than a joke) is NOT another
hateful group, just a way for those who are into bestiality to *peacefully*
distance themselves from those who aren't, make it clear that they're not
into that kind of thing. This thing is NOT trying to provoke flaming or
stamp on anybody's principles, it's just a way for peaceful people to shrug
off some of the more colourful suspicions that come with the furry thing.
(basically that means that if I get a load of nasty flame mail from people
who take this COMPLETELY the wrong way, I'm not gonna do it anymore, 'cause
I'm not into hatred of any kind. Note that the site itself is carefully
worded so as not to piss people off from either side, or provoke conflict)
Peaceful, tolerant and understanding folk like you would be the best for
this thing. :)

--
Like the echoes of your childhood laughter, ever after...
Like the first time love urged you to take its guidance, in silence...
Like your heartbeat when you realise you're dying, but you're trying...
Like the way we cry for a happy ending...
I know...
http://www.furnation.com/cmj
http://clik.to/cmj

"Sai - Taps (Robert Thayer)" <rth...@ups.edu> wrote in message

Farry

Jan 7, 2001, 6:32:50 PM1/7/01
On Sun, 7 Jan 2001 23:09:24 -0000, "Caveman Joe"
<C...@RUOK36.FREESERVE.CO.UK> wrote:

>What I envisage (if this turns out as more than a joke) is NOT another
>hateful group, just a way for those who are into bestiality to *peacefully*
>distance themselves from those who aren't, make it clear that they're not
>into that kind of thing. This thing is NOT trying to provoke flaming or
>stamp on anybody's principles, it's just a way for peaceful people to shrug
>off some of the more colourful suspicions that come with the furry thing.

Caveman Joe, you are *really* starting to worry me now.

And, by the way, it's not good netiquette to keep changing the
subject. Not everybody has a threading newsreader that uses the
"reference:" line in the header.

Caveman Joe

Jan 7, 2001, 6:32:39 PM1/7/01
Whoops, sorry. *sheepish look* I don't normally go on newsgroups. So I'm
gonna have to plead ignorance on that one.
Nor do I really wish to get so involved in these things...
Farry? The name sounds familiar... Did you have a password to my site,
before I did away with the whole adult verification system that never really
worked?

--
Like the echoes of your childhood laughter, ever after...
Like the first time love urged you to take its guidance, in silence...
Like your heartbeat when you realise you're dying, but you're trying...
Like the way we cry for a happy ending...
I know...
http://www.furnation.com/cmj
http://clik.to/cmj

"Farry" <fa...@earthling.net> wrote in message

Farry

Jan 7, 2001, 6:57:39 PM1/7/01
On Sun, 7 Jan 2001 23:32:39 -0000, "Caveman Joe"
<C...@RUOK36.FREESERVE.CO.UK> wrote:

>Whoops, sorry. *sheepish look* I don't normally go on newsgroups. So I'm
>gonna have to plead ignorance on that one.
>Nor do I really wish to get so involved in these things...
>Farry? The name sounds familiar... Did you have a password to my site,
>before I did away with the whole adult verification system that never really
>worked?

No. I think there's someone on alt.lifestyle.furry called Farrame or
something like that.

I'm Dave Farrance - but preferably "Farry" due to the proliferating
Daves syndrome. It's my usual RL name rather than a furry name.

Caveman Joe

Jan 7, 2001, 7:15:55 PM1/7/01

Nice to meet you.
Well anyway...

Nah.
Fekk it.
It was supposed to just be a bit of a laugh, perhaps one that might make you
think... I think those of you who know me (and my sense of humour) would
probably have realised it was just a piss-take... The very idea of me, the
most tolerant person in the world (so long as you don't hurt, rape or do it
on my kitchen table), who also doesn't really consider himself a "Furry" as
such, setting up something like this and taking it seriously is a bit
far-fetched. *grins* and besides, with a name like "FAB"...
I suppose what I was trying to say was just how furry used to be, to me
anyway, simply a bit of harmless fun. Before I scratched the surface of
furry, to see what was going on underneath... I had no idea that politics
were involved, and nothing could have prepared me for the shock of realising
just how seriously some people take the whole furry thing, and it turned...
well, depressing. And that maybe it could use a little simplifying -
although perhaps not with something that is abbreviated as "FAB"... Groovy,
baby!

It's just gone midnight, and I don't wanna have a revolution on my hands or
anything... *tired grin* Not at this time in the morning. So, those of you
who thought I was being serious, and who genuinely think this is a good
idea, you're quite welcome to use it. ;) I'm not prepared to spend more
time at this computer than I'm already doing, so... I'm gonna leave this to
the people who it concerns. :)
I'm going to bed.
Have fun!

*mutters* Gawd, I've thrown a spanner in the works now...

--
Like the echoes of your childhood laughter, ever after...
Like the first time love urged you to take its guidance, in silence...
Like your heartbeat when you realise you're dying, but you're trying...
Like the way we cry for a happy ending...
I know...
http://www.furnation.com/cmj
http://clik.to/cmj

"Caveman Joe" <C...@RUOK36.FREESERVE.CO.UK> wrote in message

Message has been deleted

ilr

Jan 7, 2001, 8:56:50 PM1/7/01
> FAE - Furries Against Everything

Does that entail Deoderant?

Fabuu!
-Ilr

ilr

Jan 7, 2001, 9:31:00 PM1/7/01

Farry <fa...@earthling.net> wrote in message news:OvtYOjXmtlVdUgHtZyU7o=NG5...@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 7 Jan 2001 23:09:24 -0000, "Caveman Joe"
> <C...@RUOK36.FREESERVE.CO.UK> wrote:

> >What I envisage (if this turns out as more than a joke) is NOT another
> >hateful group, just a way for those who are <<not>> into bestiality to *peacefully*
Here's ^ the problem.
Forgot a word *Hyuck!*

> >distance themselves from those who aren't, make it clear that they're not
> >into that kind of thing. This thing is NOT trying to provoke flaming or
> >stamp on anybody's principles, it's just a way for peaceful people to shrug
> >off some of the more colourful suspicions that come with the furry thing.
>
> Caveman Joe, you are *really* starting to worry me now.
>
> And, by the way, it's not good netiquette to keep changing the
> subject. Not everybody has a threading newsreader that uses the
> "reference:" line in the header.

I'd say ya oughtta just start from the Beginnin' Joe.
Clearify shit a little better. Or maybe something besides just
more Anti-group propaghanda. Just a banner with some Furry
Chars on it saying something like:
"We're not REAL animals, so it's not REAL bestiality, Dumbass!"

hmm, you could probably paraphrase that a little nicer than
I did too.
-Ilr

Ben_Raccoon

Jan 8, 2001, 1:48:32 AM1/8/01

> FARL - Furries Against Real Life

Woowoo! I'd join that one. ;)

> FAAS - Furries Against Anything Shiny

Heretic!

--

For a brief time I was here; and for a brief time I mattered. - Harlan
Ellison.

Shameless website plug. :) http://www.furnation.com/ben_raccoon/

David Formosa (aka ? the Platypus)

Jan 8, 2001, 3:27:17 AM1/8/01
On Sun, 07 Jan 2001 21:32:43 GMT, bevnsag <bev...@home.com> wrote:

>Just found some sites on tiny home made gas turbines! Just so cool!

I had a mate who built one of them. Very neat, till it spun itself
out of existence.

http://dformosa.zeta.org.au/~dformosa/Spelling.html to find out more.
Free the Memes.

ilr

Jan 8, 2001, 5:39:14 AM1/8/01

Caveman Joe <C...@RUOK36.FREESERVE.CO.UK> wrote in message news:WF566.34358$y5.134100@news2-hme0...

> EEK!
> Newbie to AFF, Caveman Joe strolls in quite casually, outlining his
> proposal.
> Almost immediately, somebody says something that takes him COMPLETELY by
> surprise!
> And he runs for the door!

That's just Steve Gallacci.
No one really knows why he's here.
Pay it no mind.

-Ilr
"Hey, this half-assed sarcasm is a piece of cake!"

David Formosa (aka ? the Platypus)

Jan 8, 2001, 7:03:54 AM1/8/01
On Sun, 07 Jan 2001 23:57:39 +0000, Farry <fa...@earthling.net> wrote:

[...]

>I'm Dave Farrance - but preferably "Farry" due to the proliferating
>Daves syndrome.

There is no proliferating Daves syndrome. The proliferating Daves
syndrome is not a cabal plot. There is no cabal.

Ostrich

Jan 8, 2001, 11:22:27 AM1/8/01
bevnsag <bev...@home.com> wrote:

> Just found some sites on tiny home made gas turbines! Just so cool!

And these sites would be?...
--
-Ostrich! <") http://www.furnation.com/ostrich

Caveman Joe

Jan 8, 2001, 1:13:57 PM1/8/01
Hehehe... I know how you feel. 3AM, you see something you don't want to
see, and you know you're not gonna be able to sleep tonight... ;)
Sorry if you took offense, M8. Hope we can still be friendly. *grin*

--

"Saxfyle" <saxfyleR...@angelfire.com> wrote in message

> "Caveman Joe"

> > Yes, you got me, it's a piss-take. *grins* But within half an hour of my
> > posting that, a French guy had E-mailed me taking it seriously!
> > I mean, really, REALLY seriously!
> > *shakes head, chuckles* - Honestly, with a name like "The FAB
> > association!"...
>

> Gosh yeah I took it seriously, I keep a really sharp eye on where ever
> this topic came, because I'm a kind of a "watchman" for the other French
> zoo, searching the net for anything related to it.
> And, coming recently back from a whole month without net acces and
> slowly discovering all the facts that happened, particularly that a zoo
> had been beaten almost to death by his father, adding to that,
> that like I've said to you it has been a week that I'm working on the
update
> of my zoo site, wich means spending most of the days in front of my 'puter
> till my eyes sore, seeing another Anti-group was the last thing on earth I
> was pleased to see.
> I really didn't take it as a joke, particularly the parallel with "hacker
> against
> pedophilia", plus bestality is a too hot topic when connected to furry,
for
> me
> having taken it as a joke. So I decided to email you.
>
> As an addendum, "Fab" means nothing to me beside the common
> abbreviation of my brother's firstname, Fabien.
>

> But boy! what a relief now :)
>
> well, it's almost 3 am here, I can climb to my bed without much worries.
>

> Saxfyle

Message has been deleted

David Formosa (aka ? the Platypus)

Jan 11, 2001, 7:58:29 AM1/11/01