cali-fur... what a joke!

anon

Nov 25, 2003, 9:02:31 PM11/25/03
not only has mark found a new squeezetoy to dupe into running a
convention, but he's not even willing to foot the bill.

Robert Johnson, 20 yr.old sucker who runs "fenec adventures" (a name
for furry beach parties) is doomed for disaster with califur. Even if
it does happen, it's only planned for 200 people or so and destined to
be no more than a Yiff-fest.

that loser Darrell couldn't keep confurence alive... how does this
young pup expect to do better? so cal furry was doomed when they
competition from people in the bay area who knew how to run cons.

Robert: give up before you are doomed to Darrell's fate. at least he
didnt sleep with mark before getting screwed by him. Have you slept
with mark? is that why your being so stupid?

anon.

Farlo

Nov 25, 2003, 9:26:54 PM11/25/03
anon-e...@cox.net (anon) wrote:

Anonymous kvetching. How insipid.

--
Farlo, the Urban Fey Dragon

Dennis Carr

Nov 26, 2003, 1:32:27 AM11/26/03
On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:02:31 -0800, anon wrote:

> not only has mark found a new squeezetoy to dupe into running a
> convention, but he's not even willing to foot the bill.

Wow, an anonymous fan. Now I know that we're doing something right.

--
Dennis Carr - ke6...@spamcop.net | I may be out of my mind,
http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.

Paul Johnson

Nov 26, 2003, 1:39:18 AM11/26/03

Matt Harpold

Nov 26, 2003, 4:52:14 AM11/26/03

"Paul Johnson" <ba...@ursine.ca> wrote in message

> The 25 Nov 2003 18:02:31 -0800, anon <anon-e...@cox.net> wrote:
> > that loser Darrell couldn't keep confurence alive... how does this
> > young pup expect to do better? so cal furry was doomed when they
> > competition from people in the bay area who knew how to run cons.
>
> More like around the time the US got the stupid idea to annex it.

I'd be more down on California if it weren't for the fact that I'd rather
live there than most any state east of it. California is like my brother. As
a northwesterner, I feel entitled to pick on it. But people in Kansas or
Florida or Maine aren't allowed to, because they're nowhere near it. Let's
face it, California is a big reason America is America. More so than New
York, I believe. I could easily live in San Francisco or Northern CA. I
love Oregon too, but you're kinda pathological about this stuff, dude. ;-)

-Matt/Turb

Dave the Dancing Hyena

Nov 26, 2003, 6:52:28 AM11/26/03
anon-e...@cox.net (anon) shall never vanquished be until great
Birnam wood to high alt.fan.furry. hill shall come against him.

>only planned for 200 people

"only" 200 hundred people??!

---
"...based on human need not private profit."

Silver Seams

Nov 26, 2003, 9:40:36 AM11/26/03
begin "Matt Harpold" <mhar...@comcast.net> quotation from

> I'd be more down on California if it weren't for the fact that I'd
> rather live there than most any state east of it. California is like
> my brother. As a northwesterner, I feel entitled to pick on it. But
> people in Kansas or Florida or Maine aren't allowed to, because
> they're nowhere near it. Let's face it, California is a big reason
> America is America. More so than New York, I believe. I could easily
> live in San Francisco or Northern CA. I love Oregon too, but you're
> kinda pathological about this stuff, dude. ;-)

Hey, *some* of us in Kansas are entitled to pick on it: I'm a California
native (my father was fond of observing that my sister and I were the only
natives he'd ever met; *everyone* else had moved there from somewhere
else).

Ken Pick

Nov 26, 2003, 1:29:41 PM11/26/03
anon-e...@cox.net (anon) wrote in message news:<b65f44b1.03112...@posting.google.com>...

> not only has mark found a new squeezetoy to dupe into running a
> convention, but he's not even willing to foot the bill.
> (snip)
> Robert: give up before you are doomed to Darrell's fate. at least he
> didnt sleep with mark before getting screwed by him. Have you slept
> with mark? is that why your being so stupid?
>
> anon.

Another Hirtes wanna-be. Only this one's too chickenshit to sign a name.

Kyle Webb

Nov 26, 2003, 1:35:48 PM11/26/03

"Matt Harpold" <mhar...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> As a northwesterner, I feel entitled to pick on it. But people in Kansas
or
> Florida or Maine aren't allowed to, because they're nowhere near it.

California catches a lot at least partly because it's a massive state.
There's
a lot of ground, and a lot of people, so it's not surprising a lot happens
there.

It also treats us to oddball political spectacles, precisely because of the
dichotomy in views. The central valley and some of the cities may be in the
same state, but they're on opposed planets politically.

It's not alone in this. If California had the recall, Texas (another massive
state)
had the redistricting battle and legislators heading to other states.

If you're big, you're noticed. If you're noticed, you're controversial.

How many people get really worked up about Rhode Island?

Kyle L. Webb
Hartree Fox on Furnet IRC
(Of course, as an Illinoisan, I'm entitled to pick on California.
Illinoisans are entitled to pick on all states. Especially Illinois. Where
else do "turn out the vote" rallies hold meetings in graveyards? ;)

MHirtes

Nov 26, 2003, 2:31:10 PM11/26/03
In article <9efdce3a.03112...@posting.google.com>,
cath...@earthlink.net (Ken Pick) wrote:

Dunno, but he does have a point. So. CA furcons are a good way to toss
money down the toilet. Unless you're in the middle of a "Brewster's
Millions" situation, I wouldn't suggest it.

And BTW, what will you say when nonnie is proven right?

MHirtes

Nov 26, 2003, 2:31:38 PM11/26/03
In article <3fc493e3...@news.cis.dfn.de>,

It'll never work. There are no elevators at the beach.

MHirtes

Nov 26, 2003, 2:39:34 PM11/26/03
In article <iJ_wb.307186$HS4.2745459@attbi_s01>,
"Matt Harpold" <mhar...@comcast.net> wrote:

> "Paul Johnson" <ba...@ursine.ca> wrote in message
> >
> > The 25 Nov 2003 18:02:31 -0800, anon <anon-e...@cox.net> wrote:
> > > that loser Darrell couldn't keep confurence alive... how does this
> > > young pup expect to do better? so cal furry was doomed when they
> > > competition from people in the bay area who knew how to run cons.
> >
> > More like around the time the US got the stupid idea to annex it.
>
> I'd be more down on California if it weren't for the fact that I'd rather
> live there than most any state east of it. California is like my brother.

ROFLMAO! Ronald McDonald Jr. is conned by the allure of the California
being the land of hip and cool. Boy, is HE in for a cluebat to the
forehead. Methinks he's been snorting toppings from the McFlurry machine
again.

Want the TRUE CA coast experience? Okay, get out a big cardboard box,
toss in some sand, grit, some gunky old soda, and cockleburs. Roll
around in it for a couple hours while the TV is tuned into Telemundo
with the volume cranked up to 10 and have someone take blind potshots at
you from across the yard with a rifle. Viola! The coastal CA Experience!

> As
> a northwesterner, I feel entitled to pick on it. But people in Kansas or
> Florida or Maine aren't allowed to, because they're nowhere near it.

Trivia note: Mark Merlino comes from St. Louis, MO.

> Let's
> face it, California is a big reason America is America.

Uhhhhhh. No it's not.

> More so than New
> York, I believe.

Your POV is fucked up, Clown Boy.

> I could easily live in San Francisco or Northern CA.

On YOUR income? Oh, I'd LOVE to see how far you'd get.

Matt Harpold

Nov 26, 2003, 6:01:36 PM11/26/03

"Silver Seams" <silve...@silverseams.com> wrote in message

Okay, you're allowed. :D

-Matt/Turb

Matt Harpold

Nov 26, 2003, 6:13:40 PM11/26/03

> > > More like around the time the US got the stupid idea to annex it.
> >
> > I'd be more down on California if it weren't for the fact that I'd
rather
> > live there than most any state east of it. California is like my
brother.

> ROFLMAO! Ronald McDonald Jr. is conned by the allure of the California
> being the land of hip and cool.

Oh, I don't think it's hip and cool. I think it's lame, overpriced, and
saturated with shallow morons. I come from a rainy nowhere in the Pacific
Northwest, (and I plan to stay here) so I have a healthy contempt for
California. Please, Mike my dear lad, don't get me wrong. But I'd prefer it
to it's neighbors. The taxes would suck, but at least there's people I know
there. I've been to many places, you see. Because I'm not on the dole, I can
afford to travel!

Boy, is HE in for a cluebat to the
> forehead. Methinks he's been snorting toppings from the McFlurry machine
> again.
>
> Want the TRUE CA coast experience? Okay, get out a big cardboard box,
> toss in some sand, grit, some gunky old soda, and cockleburs. Roll
> around in it for a couple hours while the TV is tuned into Telemundo
> with the volume cranked up to 10 and have someone take blind potshots at
> you from across the yard with a rifle. Viola! The coastal CA Experience!
>
> > As
> > a northwesterner, I feel entitled to pick on it. But people in Kansas or
> > Florida or Maine aren't allowed to, because they're nowhere near it.
>
> Trivia note: Mark Merlino comes from St. Louis, MO.

You seem to really be interested in that guy. Some would call it a
single-minded obsession. But it sounds like he's old news, just like you
are. How old are you, anyway? Are you one of these 40-somethings?

> > Let's
> > face it, California is a big reason America is America.
>
> Uhhhhhh. No it's not.

Hollywood, baby. What do people all acround the world know? They know our
movies. Movies are America. Sad? Maybe. True? Definitely.

> > More so than New
> > York, I believe.
>
> Your POV is fucked up, Clown Boy.

I'm afraid you miss the point. California is a larger economy than New York.
Follow the dollars! New York has more high culture, and is certainly a
better place to vacation. America is not high culture. America is mass
media. America is cheap suburban sprawl. California is mass media, sprawl,
false hopes, and xenophobia. What's more American than that?

> > I could easily live in San Francisco or Northern CA.
>
> On YOUR income? Oh, I'd LOVE to see how far you'd get.

I know people who live in northern CA on a hell of a lot less than I make.
;-) And what exactly is my income? Not that I'll tell you, but I'm curious
as to what you'll guess.

-Matt/Turb

Matt Harpold

Nov 26, 2003, 6:13:59 PM11/26/03
> Dunno, but he does have a point. So. CA furcons are a good way to toss
> money down the toilet. Unless you're in the middle of a "Brewster's
> Millions" situation, I wouldn't suggest it.

Points for the Brewster's Millions reference.

-Matt/Turb

MHirtes

Nov 26, 2003, 7:45:28 PM11/26/03
In article <Esaxb.317697$Fm2.331626@attbi_s04>,

> > > I'd be more down on California if it weren't for the fact that I'd
> rather
> > > live there than most any state east of it. California is like my
> brother.
> >
> > ROFLMAO! Ronald McDonald Jr. is conned by the allure of the California
> > being the land of hip and cool.
>
> Oh, I don't think it's hip and cool. I think it's lame, overpriced, and
> saturated with shallow morons. I come from a rainy nowhere in the Pacific
> Northwest, (and I plan to stay here) so I have a healthy contempt for
> California. Please, Mike my dear lad, don't get me wrong. But I'd prefer it
> to it's neighbors. The taxes would suck, but at least there's people I know
> there.

Which ones? Merlino, Steve Martin, or Lance Rund.

> I've been to many places, you see. Because I'm not on the dole, I can
> afford to travel!

Let's hope your next trip is a long walk off a short pier.

> Boy, is HE in for a cluebat to the
> > forehead. Methinks he's been snorting toppings from the McFlurry machine
> > again.
> >
> > Want the TRUE CA coast experience? Okay, get out a big cardboard box,
> > toss in some sand, grit, some gunky old soda, and cockleburs. Roll
> > around in it for a couple hours while the TV is tuned into Telemundo
> > with the volume cranked up to 10 and have someone take blind potshots at
> > you from across the yard with a rifle. Viola! The coastal CA Experience!
> >
> > > As
> > > a northwesterner, I feel entitled to pick on it. But people in Kansas or
> > > Florida or Maine aren't allowed to, because they're nowhere near it.
> >
> > Trivia note: Mark Merlino comes from St. Louis, MO.
>
> You seem to really be interested in that guy.

It's always a good idea to know where the dangerous loons are. Oddly
enough, you wanna be the next "Skiltaire in Training", by the sounds of
it.

Or, maybe you wanna start your own werewolf cult. Maybe both.

> Some would call it a
> single-minded obsession. But it sounds like he's old news, just like you
> are. How old are you, anyway? Are you one of these 40-somethings?
>
> > > Let's
> > > face it, California is a big reason America is America.
> >
> > Uhhhhhh. No it's not.
>
> Hollywood, baby.

Hollywood as in the glitzy lie you see in the postcards, or the sleazy,
slimy, trash-ridden butthole on LA Hollywood?

> What do people all acround the world know? They know our
> movies. Movies are America. Sad? Maybe. True? Definitely.
>
> > > More so than New
> > > York, I believe.
> >
> > Your POV is fucked up, Clown Boy.
>
> I'm afraid you miss the point. California is a larger economy than New York.

And a pretty shitty one too, in case you hadn't noticed. Watch it get
even shitter under the reign of the Son of a Nazi (no, not Bush. That's
the OTHER Son of a Nazi).

> Follow the dollars! New York has more high culture, and is certainly a
> better place to vacation. America is not high culture. America is mass
> media. America is cheap suburban sprawl. California is mass media, sprawl,
> false hopes, and xenophobia. What's more American than that?

Uhhhhh, okay.

(enjoy the Cluehammer)

> > > I could easily live in San Francisco or Northern CA.
> >
> > On YOUR income? Oh, I'd LOVE to see how far you'd get.
>
> I know people who live in northern CA on a hell of a lot less than I make.

Yeah. They're called "the homeless".

> ;-) And what exactly is my income? Not that I'll tell you, but I'm curious
> as to what you'll guess.

Well, I'm sure you make a buttload from all those Micky D commercials.

So tell me, is it true that Birdie's a lesbian? Who REALLY wacked Mayor
McCheese?

Paul Johnson

Nov 26, 2003, 8:26:59 PM11/26/03

Paul Johnson

Nov 26, 2003, 8:28:26 PM11/26/03

Dennis Carr

Nov 26, 2003, 10:32:20 PM11/26/03
On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 22:39:18 -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:

> More like around the time the US got the stupid idea to annex it.

I live there, man. Nice place.

Felyne32k

Nov 27, 2003, 12:27:21 AM11/27/03
In article <pan.2003.11.27....@spamcop.net>,
ke6...@spamcop.net says...

> On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 22:39:18 -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
>
> > More like around the time the US got the stupid idea to annex it.
>
> I live there, man. Nice place.

I personally think that Paul just likes bitching about it, so he has
something to bitch about. He likes a lot of things out of California
(The EFF, Unix, Silicon Valley startups, etc) but claims to hate the
state, and can be counted to voice that sentiment whenever possible
(I've yet to see him miss a chance to take a potshot at it), just like
clockwork (usually it has something to do with "stealing our electric"
or some similar half-truth).

Just smile, nod, and treat is at one of those "Oh my god, they killed
Kenny!" running jokes.
--
-Felyne32k, supposed "English Major"

Ilthuain

Nov 27, 2003, 2:14:25 AM11/27/03
MHirtes wrote:

>>>ROFLMAO! Ronald McDonald Jr. is conned by the allure of the California
>>>being the land of hip and cool.

Really dude, where did this McDonald's shtick come from? Do you just
randomly apply attributes to those around you and think it's funny?

Shut yo' mouth, you fro-wearing rapping jew! You love Mondale!
HARHAR!!! You are the loser now, Mr. Breakdancing Hobo!

> Which ones? Merlino, Steve Martin, or Lance Rund.

You and this Merlino guy....

When was this guy relevant? 1988?

> Let's hope your next trip is a long walk off a short pier.

Dude. 2nd grade.

As in - That's a dis from 2nd grade.

> It's always a good idea to know where the dangerous loons are. Oddly
> enough, you wanna be the next "Skiltaire in Training", by the sounds of
> it.

Better watch out for those dangerous loons... stay inside...

LOCK THE DOORS! Holy crap... they're all around us.... better become a
shut in....

...what was that!?

> And a pretty shitty one too, in case you hadn't noticed. Watch it get
> even shitter under the reign of the Son of a Nazi (no, not Bush. That's
> the OTHER Son of a Nazi).

They still make the bread, they just spend it.

On people like you, actually. Good investment.

> Uhhhhh, okay.
>
> (enjoy the Cluehammer)

No.... not the...

HIROSHIMA CLUEHAMMER!!!!!!!!!!1!!11111111

OH NO!!!!!! It's the one thing that KILL FURRIES FOREVER!!!!!

The day will come, children, when those wicked furries will become outed
by the mainstream media, and then ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE!

Dude, you and Chandler have been waiting for this idiotic nonsense for
years. I hope all that sitting around without any friends and no job
finally pays off for you, so the day this HIROSHIMA CLUEHAMMER arrives
you can sit down at your computer and type:

LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL!

And your total skidmark of a life has been worth it. Those eleven
'LOL!'s will be quite the payoff for being a sad, lonely, poor, fat,
ugly, useless, and ultimately forgettable waste of perfectly good sperm.

LOL!

>>;-) And what exactly is my income? Not that I'll tell you, but I'm curious
>>as to what you'll guess.
>

> Well, I'm sure you make a buttload from all those Micky D commercials.
>
> So tell me, is it true that Birdie's a lesbian? Who REALLY wacked Mayor
> McCheese?

Is it true that all breakdancing jewish Mondale lovers eat so much pork
that their eyes turn pink?

-Ilth
At least try to make sense, rimjob.

LOL!!!!!1111111111

Matt Harpold

Nov 27, 2003, 2:15:05 AM11/27/03

> > > ROFLMAO! Ronald McDonald Jr. is conned by the allure of the California
> > > being the land of hip and cool.
> >
> > Oh, I don't think it's hip and cool. I think it's lame, overpriced, and
> > saturated with shallow morons. I come from a rainy nowhere in the
Pacific
> > Northwest, (and I plan to stay here) so I have a healthy contempt for
> > California. Please, Mike my dear lad, don't get me wrong. But I'd prefer
it
> > to it's neighbors. The taxes would suck, but at least there's people I
know
> > there.
>
> Which ones? Merlino, Steve Martin, or Lance Rund.

Again with this Merlino dude! Don't you crusty tards realize nobody under
the age of 30 knows who those guys are? Next you'll be making Where's The
Beef and Uriah Heep jokes. Go talk to that Brian Henderson guy, you guys can
reminisce about the olden days where you pretended to be relevant.

> > I've been to many places, you see. Because I'm not on the dole, I can
> > afford to travel!
>
> Let's hope your next trip is a long walk off a short pier.

Yeah, I think I heard my grandfather using that line.

Kansas or

> > > Trivia note: Mark Merlino comes from St. Louis, MO.
> >
> > You seem to really be interested in that guy.
>
> It's always a good idea to know where the dangerous loons are. Oddly
> enough, you wanna be the next "Skiltaire in Training", by the sounds of
> it.

Yep, that's exactly it. That's me to a T!

> Or, maybe you wanna start your own werewolf cult. Maybe both.

Sure, man. Whatever you say. :D

> > Some would call it a
> > single-minded obsession. But it sounds like he's old news, just like you
> > are. How old are you, anyway? Are you one of these 40-somethings?

> > > Uhhhhhh. No it's not.
> >
> > Hollywood, baby.
>
> Hollywood as in the glitzy lie you see in the postcards, or the sleazy,
> slimy, trash-ridden butthole on LA Hollywood?

I like how you don't quote my whole response. Nice spin! You are aware of
these things called movies, and people make them, starts star in them, and
they bring in a tremendous amount of money to the United States. You must
also be aware that movies making money strengthens our economy. Broad
strokes. Economics 101. Easy stuff.

Mike, tell me you're not that stupid. I have to believe that, otherwise,
you're literally too retarded and embarrassing for me to even be talking to.

> > What do people all acround the world know? They know our
> > movies. Movies are America. Sad? Maybe. True? Definitely.

> > > Your POV is fucked up, Clown Boy.
> >
> > I'm afraid you miss the point. California is a larger economy than New
York.

> And a pretty shitty one too, in case you hadn't noticed. Watch it get
> even shitter under the reign of the Son of a Nazi (no, not Bush. That's
> the OTHER Son of a Nazi).

They're all shitty, these days. Doesn't change the fact that shitty though
it is, California (were it its own country) is one of the largest economies
in the world. That's also Economics 101, but I'd wager the only time you've
seen the inside of a college was during Good Will Hunting on cable.

> > Follow the dollars! New York has more high culture, and is certainly a
> > better place to vacation. America is not high culture. America is mass
> > media. America is cheap suburban sprawl. California is mass media,
sprawl,
> > false hopes, and xenophobia. What's more American than that?
>
> Uhhhhh, okay.
>
> (enjoy the Cluehammer)

Everyone uses this "cluehammer" line as well! I've heard it a dozen times on
this newsgroup. It must be a nerd thing. Don't you have any new material?
You've been beating that clown line into the ground, and that sounds like
something The Beaver would say to Wally. Grow up and join the 21st century.
Jesus.

> > > On YOUR income? Oh, I'd LOVE to see how far you'd get.
> >
> > I know people who live in northern CA on a hell of a lot less than I
make.

> Yeah. They're called "the homeless".

The guy on the dole talking smack about the homeless! It's kinda like a guy
with Downs Syndrome telling jokes about Christopher Reeve.

-Matt/Turb

Matt Harpold

Nov 27, 2003, 3:54:54 AM11/27/03

> The Wed, 26 Nov 2003 09:52:14 GMT, Matt Harpold <mhar...@comcast.net>
wrote:
> > I'd be more down on California if it weren't for the fact that I'd
> > rather live there than most any state east of it. California is like
> > my brother.
>
> Yeah. A brother who refuses to get a job or pay any bills, leeching
> off the rest of the house (in this case, neighboring states).

Now, really. How does California leech off Oregon? Or Nevada? Maybe
California sends people relocating to other states, but leeching? Come on.
For example, when I think Oregon, I think "great place to live." I love my
state. But I don't really think "titanic economic powerhouse". There's a
reason land in San Francisco is so expensive. Because there's so much damn
money being made there, lousy economy or not. Stupid money! Whereas, you go
to Arizona, and land is far far cheaper. Because there's NOTHING THERE.

California has a 1.36 trillion dollar economy and is the recipient of 40% of
America's venture capital this year, as of the beginning of September. Jesus
Christ, I'm not the only one who knows how to use a damn search engine, am
I?

> > As a northwesterner, I feel entitled to pick on it. But people in
> > Kansas or Florida or Maine aren't allowed to, because they're
> > nowhere near it.
>
> Sure they are, they're paying California's way, too.

Actually, the reverse is true. Farms are subsidized. Movies and TV and tech
aren't! (okay, PBS is, but that's about it) Come on, dude. You want to say
that LA is full of shallow pricks, cool. Game on. But don't make the
embarrassing mistake of
"I-don't-like-something-so-I'll-make-up-all-kinds-of-bad-crap-about-it."
Leave that to Fox News and our buddy Wayd over there.

> > Let's face it, California is a big reason America is America. More
> > so than New York, I believe.
>
> California's more like it's own little world where the maximum legal
> IQ is 12 and speaking English is practically a felony.

I got it, you're mad as hell and you're not going to take it anymore. ;-)

-Matt/Turb

iBuck

Nov 27, 2003, 9:30:08 AM11/27/03
>How many people get really worked up about Rhode Island?

Tosses you the recently published biography of 'Buddy' Cianci...
"You can have it Quickly,Correct, Complex - Pick 2"

Felyne32k

Nov 27, 2003, 1:35:22 PM11/27/03
In article <yZixb.321705$Fm2.334516@attbi_s04>, mhar...@comcast.net
says...

> In article <3g0g91-...@ursine.ca>, ba...@ursine.ca says...

> California has a 1.36 trillion dollar economy and is the recipient of 40% of
> America's venture capital this year, as of the beginning of September. Jesus
> Christ, I'm not the only one who knows how to use a damn search engine, am
> I?

<spoof>
And every penny of that was WASTED! And it should go to paying the
ELECTRIC! And OREGON is God's paradise on Earth!
</spoof>

> > Sure they are, they're paying California's way, too.
>
> Actually, the reverse is true. Farms are subsidized. Movies and TV and tech
> aren't! (okay, PBS is, but that's about it) Come on, dude. You want to say
> that LA is full of shallow pricks, cool. Game on. But don't make the
> embarrassing mistake of
> "I-don't-like-something-so-I'll-make-up-all-kinds-of-bad-crap-about-it."
> Leave that to Fox News and our buddy Wayd over there.

To be perfectly fair, California has a lot of farms, and they receive a
lot of subsidies. But so do farms anywhere else, and at least they pump
their own gas.

iBuck

Nov 27, 2003, 2:43:58 PM11/27/03
>Yeah. A brother who refuses to get a job or pay any bills, leeching
>off the rest of the house (in this case, neighboring states).

Do you have any clue of how OLD this is getting.... I mean don't you have
anything better to to than ENDLESSLY whine about California..

FuzzWolf

Nov 27, 2003, 3:48:45 PM11/27/03

> > (enjoy the Cluehammer)
>
> Everyone uses this "cluehammer" line as well! I've heard it a dozen times
on
> this newsgroup. It must be a nerd thing. Don't you have any new material?
> You've been beating that clown line into the ground, and that sounds like
> something The Beaver would say to Wally. Grow up and join the 21st
century.
> Jesus.

Thank god someone else notices this besides me. That has to be one of the
most idiotic things I've ever heard of. That, and "clue by four". It's
like someone's _trying_ to sound witty and intelligent and failing
miserably. Yes, I was a nerd in high school and even I in the height of
being a Trekkie never used such putrid dialogue.

Fuzzy

Matt Harpold

Nov 28, 2003, 2:21:15 AM11/28/03

> > Everyone uses this "cluehammer" line as well! I've heard it a dozen
times
> on
> > this newsgroup. It must be a nerd thing. Don't you have any new
material?
> > You've been beating that clown line into the ground, and that sounds
like
> > something The Beaver would say to Wally. Grow up and join the 21st
> century.
> > Jesus.
>
> Thank god someone else notices this besides me. That has to be one of the
> most idiotic things I've ever heard of. That, and "clue by four".

High five!

It's
> like someone's _trying_ to sound witty and intelligent and failing
> miserably. Yes, I was a nerd in high school and even I in the height of
> being a Trekkie never used such putrid dialogue.

Hey, I was a computer gamer geek of the first order (still am!) so I'm not
really putting myself apart from the nerd community. ;-)

*sarcastic voice* CLUEHAMMER. Ever notice Mike Hirtes uses the same language
over and over again? Not just that term, but everything he says! Same
stuff, same gags, different day. I think he's called me a clown about sixty
times. That poor man! After years of skulking about on Usenet, he can't
think of anything new?

-Matt/Turb

MHirtes

Nov 28, 2003, 3:14:02 AM11/28/03
In article <KHCxb.330341$HS4.2843499@attbi_s01>,
"Matt Harpold" <mhar...@comcast.net> wrote:

Well, there's a perfectly valid explanation for that.

You ARE a clown!

The fact that you have Ronald McDonald hair in an Emo Philips cut is
just a coincidence.

Ilthuain

Nov 28, 2003, 5:11:00 AM11/28/03
MHirtes wrote:

> Well, there's a perfectly valid explanation for that.
>
> You ARE a clown!
>
> The fact that you have Ronald McDonald hair in an Emo Philips cut is
> just a coincidence.

You ARE a kickboxing Nigerian streetcleaner!

What the fuck, dude. You just make shit up, and it ain't even funny.
Read some mouse, learn how to do a short and sweet slam, or take a
lesson from me and do long and unusual disses.

You have a war chest of like 10 jokes and have been recycling them for
the last decade. You ain't even as funny as the SA guys, and they're
not that brilliant to begin with. Leave the laffs to the professionals
if you can't cut it.

Also, try not to open yourself to a nasty counterslam. Bagging on
someone for working when your fat ass is lapping at Uncle Sam's sagging
manbreast is poor play. Find a real opening, and then go for it with
all you have, don't just make up some idiotic nonsense and pass it off
as some masterful dig. Back off on the clown thing, too... and avoid
'LOL!'... it makes you look like a dork.

-Ilth
Repulsed by mediocrity.

Matt Harpold

Nov 28, 2003, 5:11:30 AM11/28/03
> Well, there's a perfectly valid explanation for that.
>
> You ARE a clown!
>
> The fact that you have Ronald McDonald hair in an Emo Philips cut is
> just a coincidence.

Oh, the poor dear. I'm sure you're making yourself laugh, and that's really
what matters, isn't it? Hit me with that cluehammer again, kind sir!

-Matt/Turb

Dennis Carr

Nov 28, 2003, 10:01:32 PM11/28/03
On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 21:27:21 -0800, Felyne32k wrote:

> Just smile, nod, and treat is at one of those "Oh my god, they killed
> Kenny!" running jokes.

Hey, I know people who'd make it into a drinking game. =^_^=

MHirtes

Nov 28, 2003, 10:54:30 PM11/28/03
In article <pan.2003.11.29....@spamcop.net>,
Dennis Carr <ke6...@spamcop.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 21:27:21 -0800, Felyne32k wrote:
>
> > Just smile, nod, and treat is at one of those "Oh my god, they killed
> > Kenny!" running jokes.
>
> Hey, I know people who'd make it into a drinking game. =^_^=

Just make sure no furries slipped a roofie into your drink, or you might
wake up with a tube up your peepee.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/cubstatik/

Tamar

Nov 29, 2003, 1:52:42 AM11/29/03
He speaks from experience.

--
Shawntae Howard
www.extinctioners.com

"MHirtes" <ht...@jawholenewaddy.com> wrote in message

MHirtes

Nov 29, 2003, 2:12:55 AM11/29/03
In article <vsgghqn...@corp.supernews.com>,
"Tamar" <HOW...@nospampeoplepc.com> wrote:

> He speaks from experience.

He has what sort of experience? At being a LOSER?

Paul Johnson

Nov 29, 2003, 2:44:36 PM11/29/03

Paul Johnson

Nov 29, 2003, 2:49:58 PM11/29/03

Matt Harpold

Nov 29, 2003, 7:40:21 PM11/29/03

> The Thu, 27 Nov 2003 08:54:54 GMT, Matt Harpold <mhar...@comcast.net>
wrote:
> > Now, really. How does California leech off Oregon? Or Nevada?
>
> Electricity. They're not paying their fair share. If they want to
> pay market value for the electric, they should accept the fact their
> power rates should be five times what they are now and stop shirking
> the difference on us.

Isn't that the whole point of wrangling private/public partnerships out of
states for electricity? That evert state does it their own way? I mean,
sure, if we want to erase all state lines, and make the US one big morass,
great. Unfortuately, California is a bigger economy than Washington or
Oregon or Arizona or Nevada, and as such, they will continue to exert some
unwanted influence on other states. That's just the way it is. If you think
I just LOOOOVE CA, I don't. I'd really rather not have a bunch of people
coming to the Northwest to make it in California's image. I don't want to
move there, I think their taxes and regulations are ridiculous, and don't
get me started on the housing prices.

But I'm also a moderate (which means everyone hates me, because I don't
pound a podium) who understands that come what may, California still makes
money for the country, stil makes the country stronger. If you want to play
nationalism games with states, (once again, TASTES GREAT, LESS FILLING!)
have fun. I find it rather exhausting and useless, myself. Some of my best
friends are from the dreaded California, so pardon me if I don't join you
with the noose and the torches. I'd rather have a beer and relax. After all,
I'm still up here in PDX. ;-)

> > California has a 1.36 trillion dollar economy and is the recipient of
40% of
> > America's venture capital this year, as of the beginning of September.
Jesus
> > Christ, I'm not the only one who knows how to use a damn search engine,
am
> > I?
>
> Read fuckedcompany.com to see the sort of useless crap most of that VC
> went to. Just nuke the idiots already.

Do you understand how venture capital works? Investment is not an exact
science. A bit like expecting every stock you invest in to go up. *sigh*
You're a good guy, Paul. A bit single-minded, but a good guy.

-Matt/Turb

Ken Pick

Nov 30, 2003, 11:41:43 PM11/30/03
"Matt Harpold" <mhar...@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<yZixb.321705$Fm2.334516@attbi_s04>...

> > California's more like it's own little world where the maximum legal
> > IQ is 12 and speaking English is practically a felony.
>
> I got it, you're mad as hell and you're not going to take it anymore. ;-)
>
> -Matt/Turb

I used to be on a mailing list with Baloo. He's had a hair up his ass
about Californians for at least three years -- always bragging about
how Portland is so much nicer/environmentally friendly/whatever than
LA and how he has Mass Transit (TM) instead of driving hours to work
like those stupid Californians.

Item: The Columbia River Valley concentrates Portland into a much
smaller area than LA, with densities enough to make rail
transportation practical.

Item: Portland has a no-growth/no-devlopment zoning ordinance in
effect -- basically, no building outside already-developed areas.
This has the side effect of limiting available housing and jacking the
prices. Like rent control in New York -- if you're already in there,
everything's great, and the no-growth ordinances keep all Those People
out of your little private Lifeboat. (I see a lot of it here in OC --
"pull up the ladders and keep them all out, I'm Safe Aboard!"
New-construction houses in Portland are very packed in, to maximize
the amount of houses on a finite-by-fiat amount of land. It's called
"Portland -- Tomorrow's Slums, Today!"

Paul Johnson

Dec 1, 2003, 12:25:10 AM12/1/03

Matt Harpold

Dec 1, 2003, 1:18:14 AM12/1/03

> how Portland is so much nicer/environmentally friendly/whatever than
> LA and how he has Mass Transit (TM) instead of driving hours to work
> like those stupid Californians.

Well, I live in Portland, and I wouldn't move to LA for 100K a year. So
Baloo and I are kinda in agreement on that. ;-)

> Item: The Columbia River Valley concentrates Portland into a much
> smaller area than LA, with densities enough to make rail
> transportation practical.

Right, I totally agree.

> Item: Portland has a no-growth/no-devlopment zoning ordinance in
> effect -- basically, no building outside already-developed areas.

It's called the Urban Growth Boundary. Conservatives hate it to death. :D

> This has the side effect of limiting available housing and jacking the
> prices. Like rent control in New York -- if you're already in there,
> everything's great, and the no-growth ordinances keep all Those People
> out of your little private Lifeboat. (I see a lot of it here in OC --
> "pull up the ladders and keep them all out, I'm Safe Aboard!"
> New-construction houses in Portland are very packed in, to maximize
> the amount of houses on a finite-by-fiat amount of land. It's called
> "Portland -- Tomorrow's Slums, Today!"

People go back and forth on talk radio about PDX's UGB, but to compare
Portland to New York is madness. It's not hard to find cheap housing here at
all. I don't make much money, but buying a house is a perfectly reasonable
proposition here. Don't believe everything you read in the media about our
housing statistics, and how we "rank." I've read articles about Portland
being one of the most expensive places in the country to find housing, and
it's absolutely ludicrous. Look where they're getting their data, it's from
home builders' groups, folks who are by their very nature opposed to
Portland's Urban Growth Boundary, because sprawl is great for home builders.
As someone who used to take the bus a lot, Seattle blows for public
transportation, because of its increasing sprawl. Portland's light rail
makes things so much easier, and it goes far beyond the boundaries of
Portland proper. I think PDX can get along fine without turning into a
concrete jungle. It has a charm I haven't seen in any other American city.
It very much reminds me of Europe.

So in short, I'm very pro-Portland, but I'm not a frothing wingnut who hates
all of California. I've been to LA dozens of times, my in-laws live there. I
have friends there. I just don't want to live there myself.

-Matt/Turb

Paul Johnson

Dec 1, 2003, 3:04:21 AM12/1/03

Matt Harpold

Dec 1, 2003, 4:34:53 AM12/1/03

> > I've read articles about Portland being one of the most expensive
> > places in the country to find housing, and it's absolutely
> > ludicrous.
>
> Fine by me if people are deluded into thinking Portland's spendy,
> Portland's full.

Oh, come on. No place is full. I can understand not wanting the area to get
too crowded, but this schtick is kinda old. I don't want Portland to be
known as a stuck-up not-in-my-back-yard kinda place, and that's the face
you're putting on it. Like we live in an exclusive club. What, everywhere
else in the country isn't full, but Oregon is? Please. The title of Chuck
Palanuik's non-fiction book about Portland, "Fugitives and Refugees" says it
all. This town is full of people escaping somewhere else. One of my old
coworkers was from the Dominican Republic, another was from Arizona, and
still another was from Pakistan. Oregon ain't full. I say, bring us the
freaks and wierdos from everywhere else, we'll take all of them.

And you're not paying very close attention if you think that the only
consequences of those lists is that people stay away from Portland. Lists
like those give ammunition to lobbyists that want to erode the UGB. If you
want Portland to BECOME sprawl, that's the way it happens. By the media
shoveling bullcrap about how it's way too expensive to live here, and that
drives up anti-UGB support.

> > I think PDX can get along
> > fine without turning into a concrete jungle. It has a charm I
> > haven't seen in any other American city. It very much reminds me of
> > Europe.
>
> Kinda sprawly for Europe,
>>more like a Canadian city, which tend to be
> compact for similar populations.

Go to Toronto. It is by no means compact. ;-)

-Matt/Turb

Robert Holiday

Dec 1, 2003, 6:45:19 AM12/1/03
You're too late. I trolled him when he announced this idea for a con on
FurNet IRC about two months ago.

Mildly interesting tidbits:

[02:54] <@bobby\work> Another con?
[02:55] <@bobby\work> Aren't there like two already?
[02:55] <AlohaWolf> not in Socal
[02:55] <AlohaWolf> we have No Cons
[02:55] <AlohaWolf> Confurance is Dead
[02:55] <AlohaWolf> and Further Confusion is in the Bay Area

[02:56] <AlohaWolf> why should I trek all the way across country to go to a
con
[02:56] <AlohaWolf> I want one Local

[03:07] <Robert> now.. as for me and my dumb idea, tell me what makes it so
dumb, willing to take on AC? willingness to give something back to a
community that has given me alot

[03:11] <Robert> when you become perfect, and can walk on fucking water,
then you can tell me what im doing wrong
[03:11] <Robert> im not creating a new con
[03:11] <Robert> im simply replacing one that was killed with miss manegment
[03:11] <Robert> excluding water that is frozen

[03:15] <Robert> give me a 3000 dollar revolving line of credit... with
that, I can put a con on

<snipped are dozens of lines of me and 2/3 of the people present basically
calling him an idiot and insulting California, and him foaming incoherently>

So he's a delusional young man who wants to have a "boys in the woods"
experience a-la Feral down in California. If he wants to go bankrupt running
such a con, he can feel free to. Feral isn't making much money, I have heard
various rumours to the effect that some of the people who are involved in
running Feral have in fact lost quite a bit of money on it, but I can't
confirm that.

Personally I think spending thousands of dollars on a con to have furpiles
and gay sex outdoors is kind of a waste of money, you can get that a lot
cheaper in SoCal by just telling the right people "hey there's a furry
party". No need for this silly event.

"anon" <anon-e...@cox.net> wrote in message
> not only has mark found a new squeezetoy to dupe into running a
> convention, but he's not even willing to foot the bill.
>
> Robert Johnson, 20 yr.old sucker who runs "fenec adventures" (a name
> for furry beach parties) is doomed for disaster with califur. Even if
> it does happen, it's only planned for 200 people or so and destined to
> be no more than a Yiff-fest.
>
> that loser Darrell couldn't keep confurence alive... how does this
> young pup expect to do better? so cal furry was doomed when they
> competition from people in the bay area who knew how to run cons.
>
> Robert: give up before you are doomed to Darrell's fate. at least he
> didnt sleep with mark before getting screwed by him. Have you slept
> with mark? is that why your being so stupid?
>
> anon.

Robert Johnson

Dec 2, 2003, 12:43:28 AM12/2/03
Do you Know Why im being an Idiot, Because no one else has
steped up and done it... so.. why dont all you people show
at the con, if nothing else then to watch us fail, either way
it should be a Good Show
--
Robert Johnson
Avalible on FurNet on #fennec

Paul Johnson

Dec 2, 2003, 9:39:57 AM12/2/03

Ostrich

Dec 2, 2003, 5:15:51 PM12/2/03
Robert Johnson <robertj...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<4EVyb.61265$t01....@twister.socal.rr.com>...

> Do you Know Why im being an Idiot, Because no one else has
> steped up and done it... so.. why dont all you people show
> at the con, if nothing else then to watch us fail, either way
> it should be a Good Show

Good on you. I probably can't attend, but I'll certainly buy a membership.

-Ostrich! <")

Rick Pikul

Dec 2, 2003, 8:42:51 PM12/2/03
In article <tqku91-...@ursine.ca>, ba...@ursine.ca says...

> The Mon, 01 Dec 2003 09:34:53 GMT, Matt Harpold <mhar...@comcast.net> wrote:

{Fomph...}

> >> Kinda sprawly for Europe,
> >> compact for similar populations.
> >
> > Go to Toronto. It is by no means compact. ;-)
>
> True, but most Canadian cities tend to be geographically smaller than
> Portland for the same population.

And Toronto only sprawled because the regional plan was completely
ignored, (a plan that left working farms inside the limits of Metro
Toronto).

--
Phoenix

Darrel L. Exline

Dec 3, 2003, 10:39:56 AM12/3/03
Robert Johnson <robertj...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<4EVyb.61265$t01....@twister.socal.rr.com>...
> Do you Know Why im being an Idiot, Because no one else has
> steped up and done it... so.. why dont all you people show
> at the con, if nothing else then to watch us fail, either way
> it should be a Good Show
> --
> Robert Johnson
> Avalible on FurNet on #fennec

I won't be there, because I will be at Baycon that weekend. So will
a lot of people.

Robert,

I was all too willing to support you and give advice for the last
couple months, but you've failed to prove that you have even a remote
chance of succeeding.

You spent the weekend at Loscon proving to the whole convention that
you are either an idiot, a stooge, or simply clueless and about to
lead a bunch of other clueless people into disaster. Hell, you even
tried to lie about your age to get alcohol added to your drink at the
Westercon 59 Bid Party that I was hosting. I could have had you
thrown out of the hotel for that, and I would have if I'd been told
about it earlier.

I can't count the number of times someone came up to me last wekeend
and asked "Do you know who this Robert guy is? Does he have a clue?"
You went around to all the departments and started asking people how
they did their job, and though I commend the effort, all you succeeded
in doing is making yourself into the joke of the day.

After reading the logfile posted earlier in this thread where you
claim Confurence died because of mismanagement, I realize that all
your "buttering up" to get my advice was a big lie. After meeting you
in person and seeing the train wreck that you're heading for, all I
can do now is tell the passengers to get the hell off the train!

You are going to lose a lot more money than you are budgeting. You
CAN NOT run a convenion on a revolving credit account. Ask Mark how
that worked after CF10, when he had to get a 2nd mortgage to finish
paying the hotel bill and the artists. Most people here will remember
that it took 5 to 6 months for the artists to get paid after that
convention.

THAT is what I inherited. A failing convention that was mismanaged
for 11 years, but driving on luck and the fact they were the only game
in town for a while. Mark mismanaged it, and paid the price. HE
jumped out and passed the buck onto me, his sucker for 1999. Mark is
pulling your strings like you are a marionet and KNOWS that because
you are young, you don't know any better. You're his sucker for 2004.

...I sure hope you haven't signed that contract yet with the hotel.
If you have, then I'm sorry I wasn't able to help save you from
disaster.

--Darrel.

Darrel L. Exline

Dec 3, 2003, 11:53:12 PM12/3/03
This morning, in a heat of rage, I wrote:

> THAT is what I inherited. A failing convention that was mismanaged
> for 11 years, but driving on luck and the fact they were the only game
> in town for a while. Mark mismanaged it, and paid the price. HE
> jumped out and passed the buck onto me, his sucker for 1999. Mark is
> pulling your strings like you are a marionet and KNOWS that because
> you are young, you don't know any better. You're his sucker for 2004.

Now that I've calmed down, I really need to set something straight. I
do *not* believe that Mark Merlino intentionally "suckered" me into
taking over the convention, nor do I believe that his intentions in
helping Robert with Califur bear any malice. I used a very poor choice
of words in the above post, and in hindsight, never should have hit that
send button.

This morning's comments about being Mark's sucker were out of line, and
uncalled for, and for that, I apologize.

The point I was trying to make was that Mark and Rodney represented
ConFurence as being "in the black" after both CF8 and CF9, but when I
took over after CF10 and queried where the CF11 pre-registration money
went, Mark told me that it was needed to pay part of the CF10 hotel
bill.

CF8 and CF9 were not "in the black" as advertised. They borrowed from
futures (via Pre-registration money) to balance a cash budget, leaving
the following year's convention at a negative starting point.

I got stiffed for a few thousand dollars and I hadn't even started to
plan CF11. The seed money that I thought I would have for setting up a
business entity and putting a deposit on hotel space, etc. didn't exist.

Mark and I had long ago buried the hatchet on that subject, and this
morning's post, I'm afraid, may have caused a greater rift to form.

For that, I am truly sorry.

The "debt" from the CF11 pre-registration funds has long since been
cleared off the books by purchasing the art show panels from Mark and
going into an advertising arrangement in Mark and Rodney's "InFurNation"
newsletter.

In an attempt to finally convince Robert that he should be planning more
carefully, I made some unfair statements based on assumptions that
similar events might be unfolding. Again, I'm sorry.

--Darrel.

MHirtes

Dec 4, 2003, 12:01:30 AM12/4/03
In article <bqmejq$eg0$1...@raccoon.fur.com>,

"Darrel L. Exline" <dar...@polarden.org> wrote:

> This morning, in a heat of rage, I wrote:
>
> > THAT is what I inherited. A failing convention that was mismanaged
> > for 11 years, but driving on luck and the fact they were the only game
> > in town for a while. Mark mismanaged it, and paid the price. HE
> > jumped out and passed the buck onto me, his sucker for 1999. Mark is
> > pulling your strings like you are a marionet and KNOWS that because
> > you are young, you don't know any better. You're his sucker for 2004.
>

> Now that I've calmed down, I really need to set something straight. I
> do *not* believe that Mark Merlino intentionally "suckered" me into
> taking over the convention, nor do I believe that his intentions in
> helping Robert with Califur bear any malice. I used a very poor choice
> of words in the above post, and in hindsight, never should have hit that
> send button.
>
> This morning's comments about being Mark's sucker were out of line, and
> uncalled for, and for that, I apologize.

That bloody severed polar bear head you found in your bed this morning
was a message, wasn't it?

Dennis Carr

Dec 4, 2003, 10:50:54 PM12/4/03
On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 07:39:56 -0800, Darrel L. Exline wrote:

> Robert Johnson <robertj...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Do you Know Why im being an Idiot, Because no one else has steped up
>> and done it... so.. why dont all you people show at the con, if nothing
>> else then to watch us fail, either way it should be a Good Show --
>> Robert Johnson
>> Avalible on FurNet on #fennec
>
> I won't be there, because I will be at Baycon that weekend. So will a
> lot of people.
>

> Robert,
>
> I was all too willing to support you and give advice for the last couple
> months, but you've failed to prove that you have even a remote chance of
> succeeding.

*snip*

*annoyed snarl*

Darrell, let me explain something to you.

As you posted this in a public forum, I'm going to post my own response in
a public forum.

It was posted after CF 2003 wrapped that you had ended Confurence, owing
to the fact that you could not possibly carry it anymore. It was over.
That's it. Finito. Put a fork in it, it is done. What happened with it in
the end is something you cannot blame on Merlino entirely - maybe he made
some bad decisions, I don't know, but you could certainly have done
better.

Now you are here holding whatever crap you inherited and/or created over
Robert's head - and for that matter, everybody else who is even remotely
interested in re-establishing a southern California con. Including
myself. Frankly, that's crass.

For the moment, let's never mind Mark, or Rod, or anyone else. And
especially Confurence. As we have now both established, it is dead. Let's
focus for the moment on Robert, since you seem to be so damn offended by
him.

And no, don't raise drama about the alcohol thing. This is not a bomb at
an airport.

Yes, he is lacking experience. But he is doing something that shows
infinite wisdom at such a young age - HE IS ASKING QUESTIONS. He has a
sincere interest in seeing how this whole convention thing works, to the
point where he has recruited people that, uncannily, he seems to grok that
they can get a grip on the things he needs them to do, and in his
inexperience, he is making a very wise decision by asking questions of
people - furry and otherwise, mind you - who have an understanding and/or
the experience on how to do the things necessary for running a convention.
His other option is to be prideful, not ask these questions, and fail
immediately - which as near as I can tell is not something he is doing.

On top of that, he is coming at this with an energy that, ever since I
have been working anime conventions starting in 1997, I have no
recollection of *ever* seeing. Hell, of what I've seen of anime cons, it
was either Anime Expo, or people who didn't like the people running Anime
Expo. It makes me tired, and to be perfectly honest, seeing this is
rather refreshing.

So having said all that, let's get back to the problem - Robert's lack of
experience. Remember how I said about the recruits? Yeah, all of these
people have experience in working a convention - be it Mark and Rod, down
to little old me. We're there to give Robert the insight he needs to get
this bloody thing back off the ground and maybe put socal on the map.

The real problem, having said all this, is that there is now a gaping hole
where there used to be a socal con, and the solution, obviously, is to
fill that hole. Robert seems to be willing to do exactly what it takes if
not more, which brings the experience problem into the equation - which
has been solved more or less by him surrounding himself by people who more
or less know what the hell they are doing, and in turn (hopefully)
learning what needs to be done. It's probably the only way you can
quickly learn how to do this.

And me? I'm in this because I want to see a socal convention happen. It
matters naught to me who is, in the end, running the show. My job is to
help make this happen. If you feel otherwise, as far as I'm concerned you
can go copulate with yourself.

Which now brings us back to you. Darrell, you can either be part of the
problem or part of the solution - and by making a personal attack at
Robert, whatever your reasoning, you, sir, are part of the problem.

I have nothing more to say about this.