Yerf: Actual information!

S. arsenault

Jul 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/29/98
Ratman wrote:

> The new server is up, i just have to copy the files.
> I can say at this point, after getting so many nice offers, that there's no
> chance Yerf will die.

yay!

> And yeah, I'm still in control. Sully's just the one doing all the work, I just
> backseat drive now and then, as well as make public postings like this one. :)
> I like the job sully's doing, which is why i picked him. He'd never let spooge
> on, and he knows to be strict on quality. We disagree sometimes, but I'm getting
> better at just letting it go and letting him have his way. :)

i must agree!

> Hopefully soon i'll be able to just let everything go, and fully quit.

old Yerfers never die.. they just burn out. heheh...

> ANYWAY, thank the people at www.purrsia.com for making a whole server for this.
> They have some nice plans for the future for Yerf, which is why I picked them
> above the other generous offers.
> Sully will be staying on as the main dude running everything and making all the
> decisions.

outstanding.. thank you, purrsia.com!!
I do have lots of ideas, and a few changes that i've
been kicking around in my cobweb-infested brain... i'm
discussing them soon with the New Yerf Order, and then,
i'll ask a few artists what they think, and see if i
can't get them rolling. It's going to take time... (and
i like surprising people) ..so just be patient..
There's lots more important things to worry about than
Yerf.. :)

--

S. arsenault
Yerf

sully @ yerf.com

Matthew Milam

Jul 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/29/98

S. arsenault wrote in message <35BFD2AF...@yerf.com>...

>There's lots more important things to worry about than
>Yerf.. :)

Haven't the more important things here yet.

Matthew Milam
dynam...@email.msn.com

Ratman

tugrik-...@technicorn.com

Jul 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/30/98
Ratman wrote:

> The new server is up, i just have to copy the files.

*snip*

> ANYWAY, thank the people at www.purrsia.com for making a whole server for
this.
> They have some nice plans for the future for Yerf, which is why I picked them
> above the other generous offers.

A quick note to fill in the info for the curious out there:

I'm the one putting up the new Yerf site. It will be located on a small ISP
project I personally own, that I run under the company name of
FBR:Technologies.

The "Purrsia.Com" domain is owned by the incorrigible Lynx (the fuzzy artist
one who does PawPrints), and is just one of many domains hosted on the
FBR:Tech net servers... so in all honesty Yerf isn't going to be hosted *on*
Purrsia as much as beside it. Those curious what all the Purrsia project
does should talk to Lynx himself. :)

Now, as for the folks doing this:

Myself (Tugrik), providing bandwidth, network services, and CEO type stuff
Farix, providing the back-end Raid hardware, and
Revar, providing moral and code support, as always.

Farix and Revar are behind-the-scenes help and would appreciate not being
bothered, so I'm not going to post their real names or email addresses --
those who know them already know that data. However, I DO want to be
contacted, and will become one of the main contacts of the site
post-transition. For now, use <tug...@SpamMeNot.mail.purrsia.com> and just
SpamMeNot (gods I hate usenet email scan programs). Comments eagerly sought,
honest criticism openly considered, flagrant flames gleefully deleted. When
yerf has moved I'll get a yerf address for doing contact.

The new server is a unix machine that's only designed to run Yerf.com and one
other very small web project that's unrelated. The back-end is a 16gb Raid
tower that I can expand to much larger if needed, so Yerf won't run out of
space or crash from drive failure anytime soon.

We hope to recreate the services as exactingly as possible, so there will be
no notable changes or problems in the transition -- but there's no guarantee
that one or two small things might not change due to requirements of the new
hardware/software it will be running on. As the Ratman gets things
transferred I'm sure he'll notify the Yerf users what changed and what didn't
to facilitate the move.

As currently exists, yes, S. arsenault is still gonna be the front-man, but
as Ratman gets himself out of it, I'll be stepping into his place. Ratman
will always have Founder status, and I'll gladly have his input as an advisor
if he wishes. Both myself and the FBR:Tech servers are located physically
close to where the Ratman is going to move, so it's never going to be TOO far
out of his hands. :)

I mostly just want to see Yerf running as it now does, and leave the daily
ops to the front-man, but over time I'll be working with him to upgrade
Yerf's abilities, back-end code, and presentation to the net. There is also
a possibility (as Ratman hinted at) of Yerf growing and meshing into a larger
project in the future-- a project that will be beneficial to both the artists
and viewers of Yerf. More on that later, after we make sure the transition
goes well, and we run smoothly for a while.

Thanks for listening, and start piping me your comments and questions to the
address mentioned earlier. Rat's still in charge for now, tho, so I'll be
running things past him before I answer. One thing to keep in mind: I
normally do not read Usenet. It's amazing how much nicer life on the Net is
if you keep Usenet a comfy distance away. :) So unlike the Ratman, don't
expect too many responses from me to public tear-downs and screaming debates
on A.F.F. -- if you want to deal with me, find me on an interactive chat
(muck, ICQ, etc) or email. Thanks again!

Tugrik d'Itichi
(Tugrik of FurryMUCK, one of those annoying wizards)
(tug...@SpamMeNot.mail.purrsia.com, just please SpamMeNot)

Allen Kitchen

Jul 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/30/98

tugrik-...@technicorn.com wrote in article
<6ppcv7$899$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

> The "Purrsia.Com" domain is owned by the incorrigible Lynx (the fuzzy
artist
> one who does PawPrints),

> Myself (Tugrik), providing bandwidth, network services, and CEO type

stuff
> Farix, providing the back-end Raid hardware, and
> Revar, providing moral and code support, as always.

Then this wolf gratefully and respectfully bows to you 4.
Many thanks to all of you, and may the batteries in your
UPS never fade.

Allen Kitchen (shockwave)
http://www.blkbox.com/~osprey/