More Inspirational / Insightful Quotes

Richard

May 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/1/00

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light." - Plato

"A person desperately searching for love is like a fish desperately
searching for water." - Deepak Chopra

"We need the tonic of wilderness...we can never have enough of nature."
- Henry David Thoreau

"The monotony and solitude of a quiet life stimulates the creative
mind." - Albert Einstein

"To open the individual path inward is the most exalted of human
endeavors..." - James Perkins

"Conversation enriches the understanding, but solitude is the school
of the genius." - Gibbon

"Great souls are they who see that spiritual is stronger than material
force, that thoughts rule the world." - Emerson

"I love a broad margin to my life." - Henry David Thoreau

"You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve
your love and affection." - Buddha

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the
strong." - Gandhi

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly
endless." - Mother Teresa

"How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed
in a weary world." - Shakespeare

"I learned that it is the weak who are cruel, and that gentleness is
to be expected only from the strong." - Leo Rosten

"Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living
things, man will not himself find peace." - Schweitzer

"The best way to know God is to love many things." - Vincent van Gogh

"Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment." - Rumi

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as if nothing is
a miracle, and the other is as if everything is a miracle."
- Albert Einstein

"When we have seen Reality, there is not a grain of dust which has not
a sublime meaning." - Vanderleeuw

"Lift the stone and you will find me, cleave the wood and I am there."
- Jesus

"The voyage of discovery lies not in finding new landscapes but in
having new eyes." - Marcel Proust

"The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it
under his feet." - James Oppenheim

"I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I do know:
the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who have
sought and found how to serve." - Schweitzer

"...that best portion of a good man's life: his little, nameless,
unremembered acts of kindness and love." - William Wordsworth

"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of
others." - Gandhi

"It is not so much our friend's help that helps us, as the confidence
of their help." - Epicurus

"Intense love does not measure; it just gives." - Mother Teresa

"If you want to know the past, look at your present life. If you want
to know the future, look at your present." - Buddha

"The words 'I am...' are potent words; be careful what you hitch them
to. The thing you're claiming has a way of reaching back and claiming
you." - A.L. Kitselman.

"We choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them."
- Kahlil Gibran

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
- Eleanor Roosevelt

"You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in
torment if you don't trust enough." - Frank Crane

"When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Charles Beard

"If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide."
- Gandhi

"Remember: happiness is a way of travel, not a destination."
- Roy Goodman

"There are two ways of spreading light - to be the candle or the mirror
that reflects it." - Edith Wharton

"The important thing is to be able at any moment to sacrifice what we
are for what we could be." - Charles DuBois

"Give the world the best you have and the best will come back to you."
- Madeline Bridges

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my
religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind." - Gandhi

"I destroy my enemy when I make him my friend." - Abraham Lincoln

"Whenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love."
- Gandhi

"A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities,
and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties."
- Harry Truman

"We don't see things as they are. We see them as we are." - Talmud

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character." - Albert Einstein

"It's the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once
that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen."
- Claude M. Bristol

"As you believe, so you become. As you become, so you believe."
- Unknown

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius
and power and magic in it." - Goethe

Finish each day and be done with it.
You have done what you could.
Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.

Tomorrow is a new day;
begin it well and serenely
and with too high a spirit
to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"If you find yourself in a hole the first thing to do is stop diggin'."
- Unknown Cowboy

"Where fear is present, wisdom cannot be." - Lactantius

"When we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our
presence automatically liberates others." - Marianne Williamson

"Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation.
Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely
what others think you are." - John Wooden

"When we live our life contrary to the inner guidance of our Soul,
our actions often have a disharmonious effect upon ourselves, others
and the Earth. This is why the evolution of individual human
consciousness is intimately linked with the future of this planet.
In light of this, the crisis of all physical illness, emotional
imbalance and planetary upheaval has but one ultimate purpose:
to provide an opportunity that will motivate us to realign our body,
mind and emotions with the infinite love, wisdom and healing of our
Soul. Therefore, whenever we gather the courage to do whatever it
takes to end the war within, we contribute directly and immediately
to our own healing and transformation as well as to the peace that
our world cries out for." - John-Michael

"You must be the change you want to see in the world." - Gandhi

"Time has a very elastic quality. It depends upon the will and desire
of the individual as to what he or she can accomplish within the time
allotted." - Jesse Holmes

"You can't lose anything because you never had it. The only thing
you've ever really had is yourself." - Deepak Chopra

"Many have not been told that birth into a physical world is a death
in the spiritual worlds from which they came. Hence most are never
aware that death in the physical world is merely a birth into other
dimensions of life." - Jesse Holmes

"Few people will dispute that in the world of nature everything reacts
to an exact law; and physical as these laws seem in their outworking,
they all originate from the spiritual universe. There can be no
haphazard methods, for nature is very drastic with delinquents. This
also happens in the spiritual spheres where the smallest action calls
forth an exact reaction. This means that man's thoughts become his
creations, that they become like angels of good and evil to him;
so that when he views his life from some higher plane of existence,
he well realizes the disastrous nature of those mental creations of
his - of gloom, depression and selfishness - which were and are his
mental children.
"This has affected me deeply since my arrival here, for I was wont
to create such characters, scenes and word-pictures. Mine was a vivid
imagination; and, while I gave forth many a picture of joy, homeliness
and beauty, my pen also depicted scenes of crudity, ugliness, crime
and horror. While recognizing that such pictures may by their very
contrast teach their lesson, on the other hand creations of ugliness
and terror are apt to live on in men's minds, and fill them with
violent and unhealthy vibrations. Now I gaze down into the lives of
men and women who have been considerably influenced by me for either
good or ill. This I tell you only to illustrate the lesson.
"Some day every man will attain either the joy or the terror of
seeing the effect of his creations, beautiful or the reverse; no matter
whether they are merely fictitious characters or actual conditions of
life resulting from actions of his which have considerably influenced
the lives of others. He will then see his own personal contribution,
be it positive or negative, to the collective whole."
- Arthur Conan Doyle, from the "after-death" state

"Don't feel sorry for yourself if you have chosen the wrong road -
turn around!" - Edgar Cayce

"One should count each day a separate life." - Seneca

"Any pain that comes is to make you understand the nature of joy more
deeply and bring you into joy." - Mother Meera

"When you know that you are eternal you can play your true role in
time. When you know you are divine you can become completely human.
When you know you are one with God you are free to become absolutely
yourself..." - Mother Meera

"One common mistake is to think that one reality is THE reality.
You must always be prepared to leave one reality for a greater one."
- Mother Meera

"For the mind to flower it has to go beyond what it knows."
- Mother Meera

"The true experience of bliss is without words." - Mother Meera

"In silence one can receive more because all one's activities become
concentrated at one point. There is only one real rhythm; in silence
you hear it. When you live to the rhythm of this silence, you become
it, slowly; everything you do, you do to it." - Mother Meera

"Yet it is in this loneliness that the deepest activities begin.
It is here that you discover act without motion, labor that is profound
repose, vision in obscurity, and, beyond all desire, a fulfillment
whose limits extend to infinity." - Thomas Merton

"Every moment and every event of every man's life on earth plants
something in his soul. For just as the wind carries thousands of winged
seeds so each moment brings with it germs of spiritual vitality that
come to rest imperceptibly in the minds and wills of men. Most of these
unnumbered seeds perish and are lost, because men are not prepared to
receive them: for such seeds as these cannot spring up anywhere except
in the good soil of freedom, spontaneity, and love." - Thomas Merton

"At the root of all war is fear; not so much the fear men have of one
another as the fear they have of everything. It is not merely that
they do not trust one another; they do not even trust themselves....
They cannot trust anything, because they have ceased to believe in God."
- Thomas Merton

"We have to have a deep, patient compassion for the fears of men and
irrational mania of those who hate or condemn us... We have to consider
the fact that in its provocative aspect, non-violence may tend to
harden the opposition and to confirm people in their righteous
blindness." - Thomas Merton

"If you who are seeking love and truth cannot rise above the illusion
of turmoil, how can those who are locked in it be helped? It is you
who are empowered through the strength of your love, your commitment
to truth, who will bring about the elevation of consciousness of those
who are wracked in such fear that they would destroy the world rather
than acknowledge their own terror." - Emmanuel

"There is never any justification for violence, for hatred, for murder.
Those who indulge in violence for whatever reason are themselves
changed, and the purity of their [soul] purpose adulterated." - Seth

"With a sense of humor, hate is all too funny and therefore it loses
its power. Love, on the other hand, even with a sense of humor,
becomes highly precious and large enough so that it can contain old
hatreds quite nicely." - Seth

"When you look into yourself, the very effort involved extends the
limitations of your consciousness, expands it, and allows the
egotistical self to use its abilities that it often does not realize
it possesses." - Seth

"If you want to know what you think of yourself, then ask yourself
what you think of others and you will find the answer." - Seth

"Say to yourself 'That is in the past. Now in this new moment, this
new present, I am already beginning to change for the better.'" - Seth

"In spontaneity there is a discipline that utterly escapes you, and
an order beyond any that you know. Spontaneity knows its own order."
- Seth

"The people that you can help now and the particular good that you can
do, can never be done in precisely the same way." - Seth

"That is why I am teaching you how to become more unlimited in your
thought processes. For the more unlimited your thinking becomes,
the more unlimited your life shall become - wherever you are.
The greater the heaven you create here, within your own kingdom of
thought and emotion, the greater the heaven you will experience when
you leave this plane. Those whose thoughts are steeped in guilt,
judgment of self and others, and bitterness and hatred toward their
brothers, will leave this plane only to continue to experience those
attitudes until they learn from them - until they have had their gut
full of them and realize that there are grander ways to be and greater
heavens to experience." - Ramtha

"The less you think of yourself, the less you become. The less you give
credit to yourself for having intelligence, the more of an imbecile you
become. The less beautiful you think you are, the more ugly you become.
The more impoverished you think you are, the more wretched you become -
because YOU have ordained it to be so." - Ramtha

"Each entity knows before he comes here that he is not coming back to
be the grand beauty or the wealthy entity or the wretched pauper.
He comes here because he wants to live here and to be enterprising in
emotional learning on this level - to obtain EMOTIONAL understandings
that he wants to fulfill within his being. That is the true treasure of
your life experiences, whether here or on other planes or dimensions,
for that is the only thing that remains with you throughout eternity."
- Ramtha

"To be desireless, there is nothing wrong with that at all. I will
tell you why. Most that are filled with unquenchable desires never
know who they are for they are too busy wanting. When you realize that
everything you want is within you, then the Source brings a treasure
at your doorstep and leaves it there every moment of being. And you
have everything you ever wanted - YOU." - Ramtha

"Wisdom is accumulated emotion. That is what makes each entity
different from all others who come to this plane. You will not
experience the things you have already experienced and understood, for
you will have no DESIRE to. The things that you have yet to understand,
adventures that hold the promise of fulfillment and wisdom, you will
always be drawn to, for they will excite you, tempt you, intrigue you,
puzzle you. If you will simply allow yourself to be, and listen to
the urgings within your being, the feelings within you, you will
always be experiencing what you are most needing in order to expand
your wondrous self into greater wisdom and perpetual joy." - Ramtha

MisterMacPhisto

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00
"If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide."
- Gandhi

smart man.

tom.man

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00
I am so glad that all u lot here are just as beautiful inside as Drew is!
*HUGS U ALL*
ok
SPREAD THE SUNSHINE
lol