Kommies under the bed? (was Re: Window on the World - Fight To Keep PBS)

Lizard

Feb 25, 1995, 8:38:44 AM2/25/95
On Thu, 23 Feb 1995 17:47:51 GMT in article <tilleyD4...@netcom.com>, Tom Tilley wrote:
> Slight newsgroups reduction...

> I'll join you in your suggestion as long as Lizard assures me that
> he doesn't live in California. I'm not sure it's safe to live in the
> same state as someone whose Pavlovian response to marching music is
> to grab a rifle and look for kommies...

Don't worry. When I listened to my rice crispies this morning, they told
me to abandon violence and become a pacifist vegetarian liberal. And I
*always* do what the rice crispies tell me...

So I'll be moving out to CA RSN. Hope to see you there.

Can you get Rice Crispies in California? I'd hate to think what I'd do
without their guidance...

--
Evolution doesn't take prisoners. -- Lizard
Democracy:The worship of jackals by jackasses -- Mencken

Philip L. Peterson

Feb 27, 1995, 11:22:14 AM2/27/95
Lizard (liz...@mercury.interpath.net) wrote:

: On Thu, 23 Feb 1995 17:47:51 GMT in article <tilleyD4...@netcom.com>, Tom Tilley wrote:
: > Slight newsgroups reduction...

: > I'll join you in your suggestion as long as Lizard assures me that
: > he doesn't live in California. I'm not sure it's safe to live in the
: > same state as someone whose Pavlovian response to marching music is
: > to grab a rifle and look for kommies...

: Don't worry. When I listened to my rice crispies this morning, they told
: me to abandon violence and become a pacifist vegetarian liberal. And I
: *always* do what the rice crispies tell me...

Say, does the vegetarian in the refer to the brain?

Tom Tilley

Feb 27, 1995, 3:15:59 PM2/27/95
Some more newsgroups trimming...

In article <3inbt4$8...@redstone.interpath.net>,

liz...@mercury.interpath.net (Lizard) writes:
><tilleyD4...@netcom.com>, Tom Tilley wrote:

>> I'll join you in your suggestion as long as Lizard assures me that
>> he doesn't live in California. I'm not sure it's safe to live in the
>> same state as someone whose Pavlovian response to marching music is
>> to grab a rifle and look for kommies...
>
>Don't worry. When I listened to my rice crispies this morning, they told
>me to abandon violence and become a pacifist vegetarian liberal. And I
>*always* do what the rice crispies tell me...

That's good. People who obey their rice crispies probably
shouldn't have guns anyway...

>So I'll be moving out to CA RSN. Hope to see you there.
>
>Can you get Rice Crispies in California? I'd hate to think what I'd do
>without their guidance...

Rice Crispies are certainly available, so you'll be able to
have your morning psychotherapy sessions. I suspect the
reduction in efficacy on account of distance from their
place of toasting, Battle Creek MI, may at least be offset
on account of proximety to the Sacramento Valley rice farms.

Tom.
--
#------------------------------------------------------------------------#
| Tom Tilley | "[...] men are basically little piglets, you drop |

Caliban

Mar 3, 1995, 8:40:51 AM3/3/95
Lizard (liz...@mercury.interpath.net) wrote:

: On Thu, 23 Feb 1995 17:47:51 GMT in article <tilleyD4...@netcom.com>, Tom Tilley wrote:
: > Slight newsgroups reduction...

: > I'll join you in your suggestion as long as Lizard assures me that
: > he doesn't live in California. I'm not sure it's safe to live in the
: > same state as someone whose Pavlovian response to marching music is
: > to grab a rifle and look for kommies...

: Don't worry. When I listened to my rice crispies this morning, they told
: me to abandon violence and become a pacifist vegetarian liberal. And I
: *always* do what the rice crispies tell me...

Does this mean that we should call you Son of Snap, Crackle,
and Pop?

--
Caliban
cal...@gate.net

"Whoever dies with the most skills wins."