Need Command Line e-mail client.

myxilplyc

Mar 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/3/00

<zonet...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
news:8a074h$je1$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...

> You mean aside from the massive amounts of suspicous outbound data?

Yeah, but most people are too computer illiterate to know how to turn their
computers on, much less track outbound data. I'm speaking of course of
Sally Soccermom and Billy Ballgame with their AOL account and tons of
forwarded stupid email hoaxes, not anyone who frequents this NG.

myxilplyc

Spleen

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00
It seems so obvious... we need some kind of e-mail plugin for BO2k.
For now, I'll just settle for a DOS e-mail client, and use Telnet.
Ideally, it would reside on the host machine, and mimic the resident e-
mail client's name and address stuff, and uh... oh, yeah, it's gotta
send attachment's too.<snicker>
Anyone heard of anything so useless available somewhere?

--
We must never forget the words,
"The gloves don't fit."....or,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

The Pull

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00
Redirect a port to a mail server that will relay.

www.cyberarmy.com contains a list of SMTP servers that relay, you can
check them anonymously through www.samspade.com.

The Pull

ye_ol_b...@my-deja.com

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00
Along those lines of questions... Is there a way to emulate a separate
screen through BO2K, possibly using the multiple monitor setting in
Windows? I love BO Tools and BO Peep is nice, if you don't mind
letting the user see what you are doing, but it would be nice to have a
private screen. With some innovative code, I'll bet that a vid link
wouldn't be needed, and that it could be true emulation. I know I'm
asking a lot, but what about Drag and Drop u/l & d/l to it? Yeah, I'm
lazy, hehe. :P

In article <38C26BF0...@yahoo.com>,

Spleen

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00
I love BO Tools and BO Peep is nice, if you don't mind
> letting the user see what you are doing, but it would be nice to have
> private screen...

huh? What have you seen to make you believe what you were doing was
visible
to the user?

zonet...@my-deja.com

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00
You mean aside from the massive amounts of suspicous outbound data?

ye_ol_b...@my-deja.com

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00
THat, and the fact that their mouse and keyboard seem to have a mind of
their own. What I meant by what I said, is to create a "hijack"-like
screen, but without running a vid screen, just run a private, emulated
screen, which would require massive amounts of data transferred, but
cause all input and output could be kept local for the admin, and only
trasmit after a "command".

In article <8a074h$je1$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

Spleen

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00

> Redirect a port to a mail server that will relay.

Ok, done. Redirected port 8900 to mail.compuserve.com:<110????>
Now what? How do I send a message to the target IP?
I did try resolving address to host name, and using that as mail server
in my e-mail client. No go.
Outlook Express doesn't seem to support sending messages to IP numbers.

Should I use some other e-mail client?

We must never forget the words,
"The gloves don't fit."....or,
"Why is February, the shortest month of the year,
designated as "Black History Month?"

The Pull

Mar 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/7/00
Find Ghost Mail 5.1, and use that. It is self-explanatory from there.

The Pull

Spleen

Mar 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/7/00

> Find Ghost Mail 5.1, and use that. It is self-explanatory from there.

Ok, thanks, and again as always, thanks.

Spleen

Mar 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/14/00
Found it! It is cool. "Postie" is it's silly little name.
http://www.infradig.com

Remote Sending requires a Telnet connection for maximum flexibility. I
never did figure out the redirection thing with the relaying mail
server. The open relay isn't so easy to find either. Oh, well. I was
wondering what the maximum number of characters in a command line, when
using "Start Process", is?
When using this e-mail client with all the parameters behind
postie.exe, they really stack up in a hurry!

DougEmes

Mar 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/14/00
In article <8al45b$f71$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

Not sure if this one will work for you, but here is a nice 32bit dos prog
called wMailTo written by the author of the warftp server. Download it
direct from http://evelsizor.simplenet.com/mirror/jgaa.mv?wmailto110.zip
Or view the author's website at http://www.jgaa.com/wmailto.htm
A real bonus is the included source code for your own perusal.

Douglas B. Emes II [TIP#500, 68AutoMag] {em...@metronet.com}
"Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as
an inexhaustable well... Yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

The Pull

Mar 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/14/00
That's a good one, I could make a NNTP bomber trojan outta that.

The Pull

Spleen

Mar 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/15/00

> That's a good one, I could make a NNTP bomber trojan outta that.

Right... as if you don't bomb this news server enough already.
Why don't you make something useful like...say...Godmessage II?

LOL...

The Pull

Mar 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/15/00
Cause no one pays me for that shit, and I am not obligated in the least
to release anything?

I spend about thirty minutes a day on this newsgroup, it is just my
favorite bullshit place. Otherwise, I am working for real money at my
job, where they are paying me on a sort of commision basis... so the
more I work, themore I make. I have been making a thou a week plus for
awhile, and hardly have time to make tools...

When I am not working the last thing I want to do is bunch of boring
programming trial and error shit.

The Pull

Spleen

Mar 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/16/00
Thanks for the tip, I DL'd it and it *is* cool.
However, I can't get it to "initiate" with the command "wmailto -init".
I can, while sitting in front of the "remote machine", but via Telnet
the command yielded no response. Postie doesn't require
this "initialization", but doesn't remember server names like wMailTo
seems to, which seems to be it's big advantage, that and it's size.
If you know why it's not responding via Telnet, or have had this
problem, please tell me!