Re: The Amazing Holographic Universe By Michael Talbot

1 view

Art Deco

Dec 23, 2005, 10:12:42 PM12/23/05
Charles D. Bohneâ„¢ <m...@PasoSchweiz.de> wrote:

[screed sneckage]

>seem to be passing back and forth between subatomic particles, at the
>very least, as noted by Basil Hiley, a physicist at Birbeck College in
>London, Aspect's findings "indicate that we must be prepared to consider
>radically new views of reality".
>
>http://www.crystalinks.com/holographic.html

Ch*ck has been staring at his quartz crystals again.

--
Official Associate AFA-B Vote Rustler
Official Overseer of Kooks and Trolls in alt.astronomy

"I am a sean being from another planet."
-- Darla aka Dr. Why aka Dr. Yubiwan aka Silouen aka ...

Art Deco

Dec 23, 2005, 10:14:08 PM12/23/05
nightbat <nigh...@home.ffni.com> wrote:

>nightbat wrote
>
>"Charles D. Bohneâ„¢" wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:02:04 -0500, nightbat <nigh...@home.ffni.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >until you comparatively taste real pizza the rest is
>> >simulation. Make sure you can always distinguish between real and " I
>> >can't believe it's not butter ".
>>
>> Dear SeniorBat, The Nightbatâ„¢,
>>
>> reality is what you accept for being "real" :-)
>> I would not mind having the whole PIZZA thingy brought
>> to me via all those flavor frequencies of the cosmic back-ground.
>> Especially not while knowing that it's "nothing but" such
>> frequencies that reach my brain .. :-)
>>
>> Keep the good fight up!
>> Wonder how the SEANS celebrate their X-mas :->
>>
>> Charles
>
>nightbat
>
> Boy do I miss New York pizza and excellent question Senior
>Silver Officer Bohne let me ask my Sil how or if they celebrate any
>holidays out in space. They do know about ours since they confirm
>observing us for quite some time but do Seans do it too have any special
>holidays in space?

Sorry, the reptilians don't let anyone wearing over-starched Star Trek
pajamas to leave the Earth-Moon system.

> carry on,
> the nightbat

Art Deco

Dec 23, 2005, 10:15:32 PM12/23/05
Double-A <doub...@hush.ai> wrote:

>Hey RL,
>
>Ain't it great to see Bruce's name up in lights?
>
>http://www.insurgent.org/~kook-faq/nominations.html

Victor von Frankenstein "Weird Science" Award -- Darla, alias Silouen
Ministry of Circle Jerks -- alt.astronomy saucerheads

Art Deco

Dec 23, 2005, 10:18:57 PM12/23/05
nightbat <nigh...@home.ffni.com> wrote:

>nightbat wrote
>
>G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
>>
>> Hi nightbat Best to keep in mind a single human cell let it be
>> saliva,hair cell,or blood can be used to create a human body that has
>> more cells than all the stars in our universe . Its the blue print. It
>> is the information(program gravity needs to create and evolve all that
>> is. So not to be flamed that's the number of stars that were counted in
>> our universe about 50 years ago. Reality is a singularity is a
>> blue print(seed) to build a universe. It all fits Trebert
>
>nightbat
>
> Very profound, very profound Officer Bert but very distorted to
>say the least. I suppose you're not to blame but that's what you get
>when attempting to formulate using bits and pieces of certain science
>info under the influence of bud lite and sweet potato pie intake.
>Nightbat 2005 clarification versus Einstein 1905 no gravity cause
>relativity

Do you have a reference for this study?

Double-A

Dec 24, 2005, 6:26:44 AM12/24/05

Art Deco wrote:
> Double-A <doub...@hush.ai> wrote:
>
> >Hey RL,
> >
> >Ain't it great to see Bruce's name up in lights?
> >
> >http://www.insurgent.org/~kook-faq/nominations.html
>
> Victor von Frankenstein "Weird Science" Award -- Darla, alias Silouen
> Ministry of Circle Jerks -- alt.astronomy saucerheads
>
> --

Your name could be up there in those bright lights someday too, Art.

"Live by the sword; die by the sword."

Double-A

Michael Baldwin Bruce

Dec 24, 2005, 8:28:53 AM12/24/05
Bruce AKA Art Deco wrote:
> Charles D. Bohneâ„¢ <m...@PasoSchweiz.de> wrote:
>
> [screed sneckage]
>
> >seem to be passing back and forth between subatomic particles, at the
> >very least, as noted by Basil Hiley, a physicist at Birbeck College in
> >London, Aspect's findings "indicate that we must be prepared to consider
> >radically new views of reality".
> >
> >http://www.crystalinks.com/holographic.html
>
> Ch*ck has been staring at his quartz crystals again.

He heard they oscillate, Bruce.

Michael Baldwin Bruce

Dec 24, 2005, 8:33:06 AM12/24/05
Bruce AKA Art Deco wrote:
> Double-A <doub...@hush.ai> wrote:
>
> >Hey RL,
> >
> >Ain't it great to see Bruce's name up in lights?
> >
> >http://www.insurgent.org/~kook-faq/nominations.html

Hot damn! I'm up against Dickless! Oh, well. Looks like Double-Anus
lucked out again, Bruce.

> Victor von Frankenstein "Weird Science" Award -- Darla, alias Silouen
> Ministry of Circle Jerks -- alt.astronomy saucerheads

Double-Anus should read the general notes at the bottom (pun
unintentional).

Art Deco

Dec 24, 2005, 9:39:10 AM12/24/05
Double-A <doub...@hush.ai> wrote:

Yes, please! Nominate me!

Raving Loonie

Dec 24, 2005, 6:08:16 PM12/24/05
Art Deco wrote:
> Double-A <doub...@hush.ai> wrote:
>
> >Hey RL,
> >
> >Ain't it great to see Bruce's name up in lights?
> >
> >http://www.insurgent.org/~kook-faq/nominations.html
>
> Victor von Frankenstein "Weird Science" Award -- Darla, alias Silouen
> Ministry of Circle Jerks -- alt.astronomy saucerheads
You know Double-A,

Bruce being a sheep humper from way back and the like ... I've got a
bit of a soft spot for the bloke. Seems like everyone is picking on him
right now.

Stop for a moment and take a look-see at what has happened ...

1) You started the ball rolling by nominating Bruce for a 'Busted
Urinal'.

See http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.astronomy/msg/057af31f6e5236a2

A nice thought, really ... helps to cement the working relationship
between Bruce and the Re'evd

See http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.astronomy/msg/bd274c218b77ff57

2) PJR wades in by taking your nomination seriously and putting Bruce
on *Warning* in a wait-and-see situation.

See
http://groups.google.ca/group/rec.music.classical/msg/a9c29543df8922a2

3) Bruce makes the mistake of stepping in the doo-doo, big time by
letting it be known that he forwards Prof. Tholen's 'whines' to his
colleaugues.

See
http://groups.google.ca/group/rec.music.classical/msg/4c3f8e1b985bdb6c

4) Nightingale responds by nominating Bruce for a CotM. ... Shhh!
Others in rec.music.classical are not explicitly informed of this.

See
http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/674fb2f8b0196de9

5) 'Round about the same time as Nightingale's nomination of Bruce for
CotM, Sean Monaghan, the incoming FNVW; also makes a posting pointing
out Brucie's indiscretion. He seconds your nomination for BU, btw.

See
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/da3622f95431bdd1

6) Poor Brucie buggers up, again, by demonstrating his inability to
read headers. He accuses Monaghan's posting of being a Bowtie troll. (
Congratulations Bowtie, btw ...)
Monaghan responds to this, also providing references to indicate that
PJR has been plonking Brucie until recently. ...

For Monaghan, see
http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/e5aca7a9e2ded12c

For PJR, see
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.fucknozzles/msg/f468f71f3ebbf805

As I said at the start ... Maybe you expect too much from the fellow.

Given that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, President of Iran is also in the
running for BU this month, I fuigure that Bruce is way, way out of his
league on this one. I also figure that calling Bruce a coward ...
well, is like calling Tholen, a coward.

Given Tholen's decline of assistance by Stone to Bruce's email spamming
attack, Tholen could hardly be accused of cowardness.

See
http://groups.google.ca/group/rec.music.classical/msg/6e7641162d14fbcf

Thus ...

I nominate "Michael Baldwin Bruce" as Clueless Newbie of the Month,
December, 2005. ... a far more befitting match for a purported
'net.cretin', surely?

Alternate firsts and/or seconds anyone ?

Raving Loonie

Wil the fuckface-patter

Dec 24, 2005, 6:10:01 PM12/24/05
Raving Loonie <raving...@gmail.com> wrote:

> i worry about everything and anything, i get into moods where i just
> cry because i hate the situation the world is in

.

Dec 24, 2005, 6:53:08 PM12/24/05
Repeated for the sake of ...

Return to sender .... Kadaitcha Man

Double-A

Dec 24, 2005, 6:59:09 PM12/24/05

This revelation about Bruce sending emails to Dr. Tholen's colleagues
marks a new low for Bruce. Art Deco himself said that trying to carry
net altercations over into people's real world lives is a true kook
sign. Bruce will face strong opposition for the porcelain award by not
only the President of Iran, but by Tholen himself. There looks to be a
strong opponent for Kook of the Month too. On the other hand, Clueless
Newbie looks wide open.

What the heck, lets run the table!

I hereby SECOND the NOMINATION of Michael Baldwin Bruce for the award
of Clueless Newbie of the Month!

Double-A

Nightingale

Dec 24, 2005, 7:55:57 PM12/24/05

Raving Loonie wrote:

> 4) Nightingale responds by nominating Bruce for a CotM. ... Shhh!
> Others in rec.music.classical are not explicitly informed of this.
>
> See
> http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/674fb2f8b0196de9

It has nothing do with music, and there is already too much off-topic
nonsense cluttering up that group.

> Given that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, President of Iran is also in the
> running for BU this month, I fuigure that Bruce is way, way out of his
> league on this one. I also figure that calling Bruce a coward ...
> well, is like calling Tholen, a coward.

Why?

--
Winter is icummen in,
Lhude sing Goddamm.

frogwa...@yahoo.ca

Dec 24, 2005, 8:15:23 PM12/24/05
Nightingale wrote:
> Raving Loonie wrote:
>
> > 4) Nightingale responds by nominating Bruce for a CotM. ... Shhh!
> > Others in rec.music.classical are not explicitly informed of this.
> >
> > See
> > http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/674fb2f8b0196de9
>
> It has nothing do with music, and there is already too much off-topic
> nonsense cluttering up that group.
>
> > Given that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, President of Iran is also in the
> > running for BU this month, I fuigure that Bruce is way, way out of his
> > league on this one. I also figure that calling Bruce a coward ...
> > well, is like calling Tholen, a coward.
> >

> Why?
1) MBB isn't in the same league as Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, President of
Iran.
2) Tholen certainly isn't a coward. I wouldn't call MBB much of a
coward, either.

As for cluttering up rmc?

... I tend to agree with you.

Nevertheless, nominating MBB for an award is a significant event; and
especially so as much of the evidence pertains to rmc. Not posting it
in rmc, seemed a bit improper to me.

IMO, having him up for CNotM is kinder and gentler than having him up
for either BU or CotM. In fact, Bruce might even enjoy a slight bit of
the *clueness* notoriety. Being clued in is not one of his strengths,
as much of the evidence shows.

Cordialy,

RL

Nightingale

Dec 24, 2005, 8:23:28 PM12/24/05

frogwa...@yahoo.ca wrote:

> Nightingale wrote:
>
>>Raving Loonie wrote:
>>

>>>4) Nightingale responds by nominating Bruce for a CotM. ... Shhh!
>>>Others in rec.music.classical are not explicitly informed of this.
>>>
>>> See
>>>http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/674fb2f8b0196de9
>>
>>It has nothing do with music, and there is already too much off-topic
>>nonsense cluttering up that group.
>>

>>>Given that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, President of Iran is also in the
>>>running for BU this month, I fuigure that Bruce is way, way out of his
>>>league on this one. I also figure that calling Bruce a coward ...
>>>well, is like calling Tholen, a coward.
>>>

>>Why?
>
> 1) MBB isn't in the same league as Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, President of
> Iran.

I agree.

> 2) Tholen certainly isn't a coward.

Right.

> I wouldn't call MBB much of a
> coward, either.

Don't you think that hiding behind false names while encouraging people
to try to cause trouble for somebody else in RL is cowardly?

> As for cluttering up rmc?
>
> ... I tend to agree with you.
>
> Nevertheless, nominating MBB for an award is a significant event; and
> especially so as much of the evidence pertains to rmc. Not posting it
> in rmc, seemed a bit improper to me.

His posts to rmc are all crossposted elsewhere, and he is only there to
bother Tholen. He is part of any of the music discussions.

> IMO, having him up for CNotM is kinder and gentler than having him up
> for either BU or CotM.

It is kinder and gentler than nominating him for BU, but is it the right
award for him?

frogwa...@yahoo.ca

Dec 24, 2005, 9:11:42 PM12/24/05
Nightingale wrote:
> frogwa...@yahoo.ca wrote:
>
> > Nightingale wrote:

> >>It has nothing do with music, and there is already too much off-topic
> >>nonsense cluttering up that group.

> >>Why?
> >
> > 1) MBB isn't in the same league as Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, President of
> > Iran.
>
> I agree.
>
> > 2) Tholen certainly isn't a coward.
>
> Right.
>
> > I wouldn't call MBB much of a
> > coward, either.
> >

> Don't you think that hiding behind false names while encouraging people
> to try to cause trouble for somebody else in RL is cowardly?
I hide behind a false name. You hide behind a false name. Neither of us
makes any attempt to hide our IP address (as far as I know). Neither of
us seem to be in the habit of impersonating other posters (as far as I
know).

Does MBBR hide his IP adress or deliberately go out of his way to
impersonate other posters on a regular and protracted basis? I don't
know. I myself haven't noticed. I don't care much, either. .. I'll
admit it. Maybe I am missing something ...

> > As for cluttering up rmc?
> >
> > ... I tend to agree with you.
> >
> > Nevertheless, nominating MBB for an award is a significant event; and
> > especially so as much of the evidence pertains to rmc. Not posting it
> > in rmc, seemed a bit improper to me.
> >

> His posts to rmc are all crossposted elsewhere, and he is only there to
> bother Tholen. He is part of any of the music discussions.

Lot's of people post to rmc specifically to harass, Tholen.

Tholen doesn't go out of his way to avoid being harassed. He seems to
enjoy the banter somewhat. Yet, insofar as he is on the receiving end
of a heck of a lot of harassment ... which seems to be quite nasty, btw
... It's not really for us to criticize him for defending himself. Nor
to take exception when he looses his patience and temper in that
regard, either.

I suppose there is another thing which is worth stating about Tholen
and his usage of his real name. ...

As a professor at a university, he has a sort of presence as a public
figure. It is somewhat difficult for him to divorce himself from the
institution that he represents. Both he, and those on Usenet who
respond to him have to respect that reality, as well.

> > IMO, having him up for CNotM is kinder and gentler than having him up
> > for either BU or CotM.
>
> It is kinder and gentler than nominating him for BU, but is it the right
> award for him?

MBB ...

1) ... casually boasted about emailing Prof. Tholen's collegues with
his Usenet postings. ( As to whether or not he did so in RL is anothjer
issue. )

2) ... Impulsively declared that Monaghan was Bowtie ( ... not the
mistake of assuming the the poster is legitimate ) w/o checking the
x-abuse in the header ...

3) Fought back against Monaghan, the incoming FNVW in ...

http://groups.google.ca/group/rec.music.classical/msg/1632627e31c891fd

I don't consider myself to be particularly adept at AUK politics; nor
do I waste much time educating myself in such things; nevertheless, I
know enough as to NOT make such basic mistakes.

I mean honestly, just how *clueless* can a person be FOR REAL, eh?

At times, I believed that MBB deliberately hid behind his apparent
thickheadedness. ... I would like to believe that it was so. I am
beginning to have my doubts. Yuk.

Frankly, if he is really that dense then he's got to be one of the
all-time champions in the clueless category, IMO. I cannot believe that
the majority of those who are proposed and/or go on to win a
recognition of cluelessness are *that* out to lunch.

Sincerely,

RL

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Michael Baldwin Bruce

Dec 25, 2005, 6:37:44 AM12/25/05
Bruce AKA Art Deco wrote:
> Double-A <doub...@hush.ai> wrote:
>
> >Art Deco wrote:

> >> Victor von Frankenstein "Weird Science" Award -- Darla, alias Silouen
> >> Ministry of Circle Jerks -- alt.astronomy saucerheads
> >>
> >> --
> >

> >Your name could be up there in those bright lights someday too, Art.
> >
> >"Live by the sword; die by the sword."
> >
> >Double-A
>
> Yes, please! Nominate me!

Me too! AOL!

Message has been deleted

Michael Baldwin Bruce

Dec 25, 2005, 7:12:36 AM12/25/05
Sheila AKA Nightingale wrote:
> frogwa...@yahoo.ca wrote:
>
> > Nightingale wrote:

> >>It has nothing do with music, and there is already too much off-topic
> >>nonsense cluttering up that group.

> >>Why?
> >
> > 1) MBB isn't in the same league as Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, President of
> > Iran.
>
> I agree.

On what basis do you make that k'lame, sheila? You try staying in
persona for as long as I have - along with the others I've also been
doing.

> > 2) Tholen certainly isn't a coward.
>
> Right.

Is that why he stands up to me by never directly replying (except for
the one time he forgot), sheila?

> > I wouldn't call MBB much of a
> > coward, either.
>
> Don't you think that hiding behind false names while encouraging people
> to try to cause trouble for somebody else in RL is cowardly?

RL? Do you mean Raving Loonie? And you are one to talk about hiding
behind false names, Lorna.

> > As for cluttering up rmc?
> >
> > ... I tend to agree with you.
> >
> > Nevertheless, nominating MBB for an award is a significant event; and
> > especially so as much of the evidence pertains to rmc. Not posting it
> > in rmc, seemed a bit improper to me.

Damn! I was aiming to win everything by the end of the year. I must try
harder next year.

> His posts to rmc are all crossposted elsewhere, and he is only there to

> bother Tholen. He is[n't (sic)] part of any of the music discussions.

I was, under another persona - until Dickless chimed in.

> > IMO, having him up for CNotM is kinder and gentler than having him up
> > for either BU or CotM.
>
> It is kinder and gentler than nominating him for BU, but is it the right
> award for him?

Why don't you try picking another one then, Lorna? Or should I present
you with a clue and call you Fartingale? BWAWAWAWAWAWAWA!!!!

Michael Baldwin Bruce

Dec 25, 2005, 7:33:17 AM12/25/05
Woodchuck Bill wrote:
> frogwa...@yahoo.ca wrote in

> > MBB ...
> >
> > 1) ... casually boasted about emailing Prof. Tholen's collegues
> > with his Usenet postings. ( As to whether or not he did so in RL
> > is anothjer issue. )

And the all fools rush in believing it. Un-fricken'-believeable!

> > 2) ... Impulsively declared that Monaghan was Bowtie ( ... not
> > the mistake of assuming the the poster is legitimate ) w/o
> > checking the x-abuse in the header ...

Someone else who doesn't understand irony. All too common amongst
Merkins - or so I'm told.

> > 3) Fought back against Monaghan, the incoming FNVW in ...
> >
> http://groups.google.ca/group/rec.music.classical/msg/1632627e31c891fd

Fools should keep their mouths shut etc ... The thick Irish cunt is
unfit for the position. His recent antics amply demonstrated this.

> > I don't consider myself to be particularly adept at AUK politics;
> > nor do I waste much time educating myself in such things;
> > nevertheless, I know enough as to NOT make such basic mistakes.

We already know your level of cluelessness, RL.

> > I mean honestly, just how *clueless* can a person be FOR REAL, eh?

You mean like you? Or Dickless? Or maybe the saucerheads?

> > At times, I believed that MBB deliberately hid behind his apparent
> > thickheadedness. ... I would like to believe that it was so. I
> > am beginning to have my doubts. Yuk.

No doubt about it. You're way out of your league.

> > Frankly, if he is really that dense then he's got to be one of the
> > all-time champions in the clueless category, IMO. I cannot believe
> > that the majority of those who are proposed and/or go on to win a
> > recognition of cluelessness are *that* out to lunch.
>

> All the evidence quoted above.

Pretty thin on the ground, don't you think?

> _plus_
>
> Posting someone's name, address, and phone number in a Usenet post (or
> republishing it from a web source to Usenet) without their permission
> is just awful.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.israel/msg/0cc25f81bf00c8cc

Try looking a little closer - especially compare the name against the
street name and town (I know you're really dense but even that should
be enough of a hint). Then look at what Ed his been up to -

http://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.israel/msg/1521777ab23e3501?dmode=source

Have you gotten a clue yet, oh clueless one?

> _and_
>
> Having no clue that his trigger-happy use of words like "kike" and
> "nigger" make him look like a fucking racist...even if he's trying (and
> the operative word is _trying_) to be funny.

Is baiting something you Merkins are not familiar with either, oh
clueless one? Oh, also try searching for my use of "gook" etc.

> I nominate Michael Baldwin Bruce for Tar & Feathers. Seconds?

Seconded.

> Tar & Feathers...
> Reserved solely for the Terminally Clueless, those most highly
> incorrigible past all hope crusaders who in another time and reality
> would've been tarred and feathered and ridden out of town on a rail.
> Preferably one with a bridge out. Over a canyon.

So, will you be nominating yourself any time soon, oh clueless one? Or
will the thick Irish cunt be going first?

> --
>
> Bill

Check please!

Chris Hill

Dec 25, 2005, 8:38:59 AM12/25/05
On 25 Dec 2005 04:33:17 -0800, "Michael Baldwin Bruce"
<mbb...@mighty.co.za> wrote:

>cunt

We spell that with a Kaye in demon.local, don't you know?
--

Chris Hill

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Nightingale

Dec 25, 2005, 11:11:17 AM12/25/05

frogwa...@yahoo.ca wrote:
>>>I wouldn't call MBB much of a
>>>coward, either.
>>>

>>Don't you think that hiding behind false names while encouraging people
>>to try to cause trouble for somebody else in RL is cowardly?
>
> I hide behind a false name. You hide behind a false name.

A few years ago somebody gave me the nickname "nightingale", which I
decided to keep using. I wouldn't say I'm hiding behind it though -
people on rmc know my real name, and I've posted enough information
about myself that anyone who wanted to find me could do so without much
trouble.

> Neither of us
> makes any attempt to hide our IP address (as far as I know). Neither of
> us seem to be in the habit of impersonating other posters (as far as I
> know).

I have posted with other names as a joke, but never actually tried to
impersonate anyone.

> Does MBBR hide his IP adress or deliberately go out of his way to
> impersonate other posters on a regular and protracted basis? I don't
> know. I myself haven't noticed. I don't care much, either. .. I'll
> admit it. Maybe I am missing something ...

I don't know if he tries to hide his IP address - I've never checked -
but I do know that he posts under several different names, and has
impersonated Tholen several times. I think he is cypherpunk (well, one
of them anyway - there seems to have been at least 2 different people
using that email) and he was one of the people sharing the email
davie....@gmail.com.

>>>As for cluttering up rmc?
>>>
>>> ... I tend to agree with you.
>>>
>>>Nevertheless, nominating MBB for an award is a significant event; and
>>>especially so as much of the evidence pertains to rmc. Not posting it
>>>in rmc, seemed a bit improper to me.
>>>

>>His posts to rmc are all crossposted elsewhere, and he is only there to
>>bother Tholen. He is part of any of the music discussions.

Did I really type that? I meant "He is not part of any of the music
discussions."

> Lot's of people post to rmc specifically to harass, Tholen.

I wish they would quit - aside from bothering somebody who doesn't
deserve it, they make the group more unpleasant for the rest of us.

> Tholen doesn't go out of his way to avoid being harassed. He seems to
> enjoy the banter somewhat.

I see no evidence that he enjoys it. Actually, I noticed that he
doesn't even bother to reply to Bruce and Deco anymore.

> Yet, insofar as he is on the receiving end
> of a heck of a lot of harassment ... which seems to be quite nasty, btw
> ... It's not really for us to criticize him for defending himself. Nor
> to take exception when he looses his patience and temper in that
> regard, either.

I'm not sure that he's picked the best way of dealing with the problem,
but I don't know what the solution is. I haven't figured out how to get
rid of my own pet troll yet either. At first I thought that I had
become a target because of things I had said about Tholen, but after
checking the IP of some of the posts and realizing that bisectional is a
student at my university, I wonder if it is more personal than that.
He's pretty young though, and I'm hoping that he will grow up & change
his ways soon.

> I suppose there is another thing which is worth stating about Tholen
> and his usage of his real name. ...
>
> As a professor at a university, he has a sort of presence as a public
> figure. It is somewhat difficult for him to divorce himself from the
> institution that he represents. Both he, and those on Usenet who
> respond to him have to respect that reality, as well.

He has a private life. If he posts on newsgroups about music or other
things not related to his work, he is not representing his university.

>>>IMO, having him up for CNotM is kinder and gentler than having him up
>>>for either BU or CotM.
>>
>>It is kinder and gentler than nominating him for BU, but is it the right
>>award for him?

<snip stuff>

> I mean honestly, just how *clueless* can a person be FOR REAL, eh?

He sometimes acts clueless for sure, but clueless newbie? And is he
really as clueless as he acts?

> At times, I believed that MBB deliberately hid behind his apparent
> thickheadedness. ... I would like to believe that it was so. I am
> beginning to have my doubts. Yuk.

MBB is a mask he chooses to wear. I have no idea who he is in real life.

Nightingale

Dec 25, 2005, 11:41:03 AM12/25/05

Michael Baldwin Bruce wrote:

> On what basis do you make that k'lame, sheila? You try staying in
> persona for as long as I have - along with the others I've also been
> doing.

I'm only going by what I've seen you post in rmc. Who else have you
been doing?

>>>2) Tholen certainly isn't a coward.
>>
>>Right.
>

> Is that why he stands up to me by never directly replying (except for
> the one time he forgot), sheila?

Perhaps he's decided that there is no point in trying to talk to you.
Actually, I wish he would stop that ridiculous thread with *.* and *The
Commentator*. The digest was much better - far less junk cluttering up
the newsgroup when he put everything into one huge post instead of
making all the individual replies.

>>>I wouldn't call MBB much of a
>>>coward, either.
>>
>>Don't you think that hiding behind false names while encouraging people
>>to try to cause trouble for somebody else in RL is cowardly?
>

> RL? Do you mean Raving Loonie?

real life.

> And you are one to talk about hiding
> behind false names, Lorna.

It's Lora, not Lorna. You are one of the Susan Cohen's, right?

>>>As for cluttering up rmc?
>>>
>>> ... I tend to agree with you.
>>>
>>>Nevertheless, nominating MBB for an award is a significant event; and
>>>especially so as much of the evidence pertains to rmc. Not posting it
>>>in rmc, seemed a bit improper to me.
>

> Damn! I was aiming to win everything by the end of the year. I must try
> harder next year.

Good luck. You have my vote for any awards :-)

>>His posts to rmc are all crossposted elsewhere, and he is only there to
>>bother Tholen. He is[n't (sic)] part of any of the music discussions.
>

> I was, under another persona - until Dickless chimed in.

Thanks for the typo correction :-)

Your Susan Cohen persona was almost as clueless as your Bruce persona,
but at least you did try to contribute to the music discussion for a
short time.

>>>IMO, having him up for CNotM is kinder and gentler than having him up
>>>for either BU or CotM.
>>
>>It is kinder and gentler than nominating him for BU, but is it the right
>>award for him?
>

> Why don't you try picking another one then, Lorna?

I already did.

> Or should I present
> you with a clue and call you Fartingale? BWAWAWAWAWAWAWA!!!!

LOL! I was right - you are cypherpunk. Thanks again for signing me up
to the online dating sites.

Who are you really? Have you ever shown your real face, or just hid
behind your collection of masks?

As for me, it doesn't make any difference if you call me Nightingale or
Lora, this is who I am. People who have met me in real life after first
knowing me online have said that I am the same. (Not true of everyone,
some people are quite different online.)

Merry Christmas Bruce.

Message has been deleted

DieKo...@hotmail.com

Dec 25, 2005, 12:41:12 PM12/25/05

Kali wrote:
> In article <domgb0$mjg$1...@news.datemas.de>, posted Sun, 25 Dec
> 2005 11:11:17 -0500, Nightingale sin...@yorku.ca says...
>

> >frogwa...@yahoo.ca wrote:
>
> snip

> >> As a professor at a university, he has a sort of presence as a public
> >> figure. It is somewhat difficult for him to divorce himself from the
> >> institution that he represents. Both he, and those on Usenet who
> >> respond to him have to respect that reality, as well.
>
> Perhaps it is difficult for you to imagine that he doesn't have
> to conform to your vision of his professional role while he
> wastes his time on Usenet like the rest of us do.

> >He has a private life. If he posts on newsgroups about music or other
> >things not related to his work, he is not representing his university.
>
> Does he post through his university account, or in some
> particular instance say "In my professional opinion as an ABC
> professor/researcher at XYZ university..."? Is he doing research
> on Usenet with human subjects? Is he teaching a course on
> Usenet? Professional ethics only apply when one is practicing
> one's profession or acting as an agent in that capacity. Ethical
> standards maintained by most states for their employees also
> make that distinction.
>
> Otherwise he is strictly on personal time, and I'll guarantee
> the university could give a rat's ass what he says, and will
> consider complaints about his Usenet posts as harassment. They
> will also, regardless of any internal bickering that may be
> going on, rally to his defense against an outside threat. I have
> first hand experience with this.

This is bullshit.

Any university, or employer for that matter cares how his employess
represent the company on off time.

Liek, who the hell would ant to be associated with someone like you ,
MI6 agant?

I wouldn't.

Hell, you don't have the ball or brains of father or grandfather, do
you.

What ARE you trying to accomplish here, do you know?

No.

We'll just research and fuck people up for it's own sake cause we
investigate computer warfare and we want to see who is best amd we want
to prove our personal philosophy of a matrix domnated word. ...blah
blah blah.

Bad science, and bad scientific technique all around, you shithed.

So you're a depressed narcisstic piece of shit and you're goiung to
treat everyone that way under the guise research, right

And you work fo rOxford, Pete?

Oford cares, shithead...

ANd BTW ,what does the computer say about a US Iranian war?

These are war crimes you're committing and you knwo it.

If youare caught, you'll go to prison, Peter.

> There are unfortunately many people on Usenet who are ignorant
> about boundaries between professional and personal/Usenet life.
> The bottom line is that contacting someone's employer over a
> Usenet post is as kooky as the day is long, whether that person
> is a professional or not.
>
> Kali
> --
> "Why, if a fish came to me, and told me he was going on a
> journey, I should say, 'With what porpoise?' " "Don't you mean
> 'purpose'?" said Alice. "I mean what I say," the Mock Turtle
> replied in an offended tone. - Lewis Carroll

Honest John

Dec 25, 2005, 1:22:17 PM12/25/05

"Art Deco" <art_...@127.0.0.1> wrote in message

"Do you have a reference for this study?"

He stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Honest John

Dec 25, 2005, 1:26:09 PM12/25/05

"Wil the fuckface-patter"
<wil.the.fuc...@you.second-rate-moaning-hen.org> wrote in message

> Raving Loonie <raving...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > i worry about everything and anything, i get into moods where i just
> > cry because i hate the situation the world is in

Have you thought of suicide ?

DieKo...@hotmail.com

Dec 25, 2005, 1:29:24 PM12/25/05

Have you ever been tried for a war crime?

raving...@gmail.com

Dec 25, 2005, 3:01:21 PM12/25/05
Try Freddie "the Eat my Shorts" fag, lame ... "Fartingale" is the
cluetag.
See http://tinyurl.com/9hh99

> >>It is kinder and gentler than nominating him for BU, but is it the right
> >>award for him?
> >

> > Why don't you try picking another one then, Lorna?
>
> I already did.
>
> > Or should I present
> > you with a clue and call you Fartingale? BWAWAWAWAWAWAWA!!!!
> >

> LOL! I was right - you are cypherpunk. Thanks again for signing me up
> to the online dating sites.

Hello?
Here is, yet more evidence of Bruce's net.crudenessness ...

http://groups.google.ca/group/rec.music.classical/msg/f1c71d69fedc128a

> Who are you really? Have you ever shown your real face, or just hid
> behind your collection of masks?
>
> As for me, it doesn't make any difference if you call me Nightingale or
> Lora, this is who I am. People who have met me in real life after first
> knowing me online have said that I am the same. (Not true of everyone,
> some people are quite different online.)
>
> Merry Christmas Bruce.

Merry Christmas Brucie.

Baaah. Humpbuggered.
As Double-A wryly pointed out. ... a sheep humper from way back.

Congrats on the Tar and Feathers nomination, btw!

Nightingale,
Isn't Woodchuck Bill still waiting on a seconding ?

Merry 'X - header' to one and all

Sincerely,

RL

P.S. [rec.music.classical,alt.astronomy] added to this response, so as
to inform those respective news groups of the *breaking* news.

Ravinderjit-bai Trilochana

Dec 25, 2005, 3:02:58 PM12/25/05
raving...@gmail.com <> wrote:

> No, I haven't had my urinary incontinence seen to yet.

Nightingale

Dec 25, 2005, 4:10:52 PM12/25/05

raving...@gmail.com wrote:
>>Your Susan Cohen persona was almost as clueless as your Bruce persona,
>>but at least you did try to contribute to the music discussion for a
>>short time.
>
> Try Freddie "the Eat my Shorts" fag, lame ... "Fartingale" is the
> cluetag.
> See http://tinyurl.com/9hh99

I know - see my earlier post re Bruce being cypherpunk & one of the
people posting from davie....@gmail.com. I wonder what other trolls
are personas of his.

> Congrats on the Tar and Feathers nomination, btw!
>
> Nightingale,
> Isn't Woodchuck Bill still waiting on a seconding ?

Bruce seconded the nomination himself.

Message has been deleted

Twittering One

Dec 25, 2005, 5:49:25 PM12/25/05
raving.loo...@gmail.com <> wrote:
> No, I haven't had my urinary incontinence seen to yet.
~ Ravinderjit-bai Trilochana

Wrong group.

Try Pscho-babble

Art Deco

Dec 25, 2005, 6:34:17 PM12/25/05
Kali <ka...@lart.com> wrote:

>In article <domgb0$mjg$1...@news.datemas.de>, posted Sun, 25 Dec
>2005 11:11:17 -0500, Nightingale sin...@yorku.ca says...
>

>>frogwa...@yahoo.ca wrote:
>
>snip
>

>>> As a professor at a university, he has a sort of presence as a public
>>> figure. It is somewhat difficult for him to divorce himself from the
>>> institution that he represents. Both he, and those on Usenet who
>>> respond to him have to respect that reality, as well.
>

>Perhaps it is difficult for you to imagine that he doesn't have
>to conform to your vision of his professional role while he
>wastes his time on Usenet like the rest of us do.
>

>>He has a private life. If he posts on newsgroups about music or other
>>things not related to his work, he is not representing his university.
>

>Does he post through his university account, or in some
>particular instance say "In my professional opinion as an ABC
>professor/researcher at XYZ university..."? Is he doing research
>on Usenet with human subjects? Is he teaching a course on
>Usenet? Professional ethics only apply when one is practicing
>one's profession or acting as an agent in that capacity. Ethical
>standards maintained by most states for their employees also
>make that distinction.
>
>Otherwise he is strictly on personal time, and I'll guarantee
>the university could give a rat's ass what he says, and will
>consider complaints about his Usenet posts as harassment. They
>will also, regardless of any internal bickering that may be
>going on, rally to his defense against an outside threat. I have
>first hand experience with this.
>

>There are unfortunately many people on Usenet who are ignorant
>about boundaries between professional and personal/Usenet life.
>The bottom line is that contacting someone's employer over a
>Usenet post is as kooky as the day is long, whether that person
>is a professional or not.

Correct -- as anyone who has been on the receiving end of a kook trying
to go RL will agree.

Michael Baldwin Bruce

Dec 25, 2005, 8:09:29 PM12/25/05
Sheila AKA Kali wrote:
> In article <Xns97375B8B036...@66.250.146.159>,
> posted 25 Dec 2005 13:19:54 GMT, Woodchuck Bill bwr607
> @hotmail.com says...
>
> >"Michael Baldwin Bruce" <mbb...@mighty.co.za> wrote in

> >> And the all fools rush in believing it. Un-fricken'-believeable!
> >
> >Cluetard, the issue is not whether you really e-mailed the University
> >or not. The issue is that you posted a link to someone place of
> >employment (with an added note that the e-mail addresses of his work
> >colleagues were to be found on that web page) to entice people to
> >harass the person at work.
>
> I can't believe this has been going on. I've been on the other
> end of it by kooks no less notorious than Brad Jesness.

You really should try and stay better informed. Try asking Posty about
Dickless sometime and the stunt that backfired on him.

> <8d0351d7dbf269ad...@tatooine.homelinux.net>

> >> Someone else who doesn't understand irony. All too common amongst
> >> Merkins - or so I'm told.
> >

> >Not everyone understands your idea of '_irony_', including PJR and
> >Sean. That's why you have been flagged as a kook. Do try to keep up.

> >> Fools should keep their mouths shut etc ...
> >

> >So STFU then.

> >> The thick Irish cunt
> >> is unfit for the position. His recent antics amply demonstrated
> >> this.
> >

> >Anti-Irish sentiment noted.

> >> We already know your level of cluelessness, RL.

> >> You mean like you? Or Dickless? Or maybe the saucerheads?
>

> Unfortunately it doesn't look like cluelessness, it looks quite
> intentional. I wish I could be wrong.

Everything I do is intentional, Sheila.

> >> No doubt about it. You're way out of your league.

> >> Pretty thin on the ground, don't you think?
> >

> >Not at all.

> >> Try looking a little closer - especially compare the name against
> >> the street name and town (I know you're really dense but even that
> >> should be enough of a hint). Then look at what Ed his been up to -
> >>
> >> http://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.israel/msg/1521777ab23e3
> >> 501?dmode=source
> >>
> >> Have you gotten a clue yet, oh clueless one?
> >

> >OK...I didn't verify the validity of the street address. I retract that
> >part of the evidence, but the T&F nomination stands. What you did to
> >Tholen was fucked up and you still don't get it.

> >> Is baiting something you Merkins are not familiar with either, oh
> >> clueless one? Oh, also try searching for my use of "gook" etc.
> >

> >The part you don't understand is that your style of '_baiting_' makes
> >you a net-cretin, to paraphrase PJR.

> >> Seconded.
> >

> >K00ksign.

> >> So, will you be nominating yourself any time soon, oh clueless
> >> one? Or will the thick Irish cunt be going first?
> >

> >That last sentence made you sound more like BowTie than you'll ever
> >understand, cluetard.
>
> Thick Irish cunt? Sean? This is just really fucked up. :(

Considering he and the other two of the Three Stooges got sucker
punched by the saucerheads, I'll say it is. They obviously aren't
keeping tabs on the fanbois.

My claim stands that Shorn is a think irish cunt without a clue and the
other two aren't much better. I expect the kook awards will become a
shadow of its former self as these 'tards allow kooks to make
nominations without them bothering to check the facts.

Michael Baldwin Bruce

Dec 25, 2005, 8:10:30 PM12/25/05

Hay! I knew Kaye, Kris, and you're no Kaye.

> --
>
> Chris Hill

Michael Baldwin Bruce

Dec 25, 2005, 8:28:59 PM12/25/05
Nightingale wrote:
> Michael Baldwin Bruce wrote:
> >
> > On what basis do you make that k'lame, sheila? You try staying in
> > persona for as long as I have - along with the others I've also been
> > doing.
> >

> I'm only going by what I've seen you post in rmc. Who else have you
> been doing?

I'm more interested in what you've been up to.

> >>Right.
> >

> > Is that why he stands up to me by never directly replying (except for
> > the one time he forgot), sheila?
> >

> Perhaps he's decided that there is no point in trying to talk to you.
> Actually, I wish he would stop that ridiculous thread with *.* and *The
> Commentator*. The digest was much better - far less junk cluttering up
> the newsgroup when he put everything into one huge post instead of
> making all the individual replies.

Dickless is nothing other than a pathetic clueless lamer with delusions
of adequacy. Honestly, I can't understand why you love him so.

> >>Don't you think that hiding behind false names while encouraging people
> >>to try to cause trouble for somebody else in RL is cowardly?
> >

> > RL? Do you mean Raving Loonie?
>
> real life.

Yes, I know what you meant. I was making a dig at the twit from your
home town (which I still find an interesting coincidence).

> > And you are one to talk about hiding
> > behind false names, Lorna.
> >

> It's Lora, not Lorna. You are one of the Susan Cohen's, right?

Took you long enough to realise, Laura.

> > Damn! I was aiming to win everything by the end of the year. I must try
> > harder next year.
>
> Good luck. You have my vote for any awards :-)

Thanks, but I'll need nominations too.

> >>His posts to rmc are all crossposted elsewhere, and he is only there to
> >>bother Tholen. He is[n't (sic)] part of any of the music discussions.
> >

> > I was, under another persona - until Dickless chimed in.
>
> Thanks for the typo correction :-)

You're welcome, Lauren.

> Your Susan Cohen persona was almost as clueless as your Bruce persona,
> but at least you did try to contribute to the music discussion for a
> short time.

Yes, the Bizet 'gaff' still cracks me up when I think about it.

> >>It is kinder and gentler than nominating him for BU, but is it the right
> >>award for him?
> >

> > Why don't you try picking another one then, Lorna?
>
> I already did.

Good for you.

> > Or should I present
> > you with a clue and call you Fartingale? BWAWAWAWAWAWAWA!!!!
>
> LOL! I was right - you are cypherpunk. Thanks again for signing me up
> to the online dating sites.

No, that wasn't me. It was probably Bi, but glad you enjoyed it.

> Who are you really? Have you ever shown your real face, or just hid
> behind your collection of masks?

I've been on Usenet for over 20 years - in one form or another. I know
better than that.

> As for me, it doesn't make any difference if you call me Nightingale or
> Lora, this is who I am. People who have met me in real life after first
> knowing me online have said that I am the same. (Not true of everyone,
> some people are quite different online.)
>
> Merry Christmas Bruce.

Same to you, Sheila.

Michael Baldwin Bruce

Dec 25, 2005, 8:44:34 PM12/25/05
Klewlez AKA Woodchuck Bill wrote:
> Nightingale <sin...@yorku.ca> wrote in

> >> Try Freddie "the Eat my Shorts" fag, lame ... "Fartingale" is
> >> the cluetag.
> >> See http://tinyurl.com/9hh99
> >>

> > I know - see my earlier post re Bruce being cypherpunk & one of
> > the people posting from davie....@gmail.com. I wonder what
> > other trolls are personas of his.
> >

> >> Congrats on the Tar and Feathers nomination, btw!
> >>
> >> Nightingale,
> >> Isn't Woodchuck Bill still waiting on a seconding ?
> >
> > Bruce seconded the nomination himself.
>
> That won't count. You can't nominate, second, vote for, or vote against
> yourself.

That's right, Klewlez. There are also other rules. It might help if you
and the other Three Stooges read them and learn them -

http://www.insurgent.org/~kook-faq/faq.html
http://www.insurgent.org/~kook-faq/voting.html

Especially, Shawn, the thick irish cunt.

Oh, and before I forget, fuck off Bowtie.

> --
>
> Bill

Nightingale

Dec 25, 2005, 8:44:51 PM12/25/05

Michael Baldwin Bruce wrote:

> Sheila AKA Kali wrote:
>
>>In article <Xns97375B8B036...@66.250.146.159>,
>>posted 25 Dec 2005 13:19:54 GMT, Woodchuck Bill bwr607
>>@hotmail.com says...
>>

>>>"Michael Baldwin Bruce" <mbb...@mighty.co.za> wrote in

>>>Cluetard, the issue is not whether you really e-mailed the University
>>>or not. The issue is that you posted a link to someone place of
>>>employment (with an added note that the e-mail addresses of his work
>>>colleagues were to be found on that web page) to entice people to
>>>harass the person at work.
>>
>>I can't believe this has been going on. I've been on the other
>>end of it by kooks no less notorious than Brad Jesness.
>

> You really should try and stay better informed. Try asking Posty about
> Dickless sometime and the stunt that backfired on him.

You mean complaining to Road Runner? It was a bit clueless on Tholen's
part - he should have realized that RR would not do anything about it -
but complaining to somebody's ISP about posts is a bit different from
encouraging to people to go to his employer.

Michael Baldwin Bruce

Dec 25, 2005, 8:57:28 PM12/25/05

Au contraire, mon cherie, they did. But it wasn't what Dickless
expected.

> but complaining to somebody's ISP about posts is a bit different from

> encouraging [to (sic)] people to go to his employer.

On what basis do you make that k'lame, Sheila? And where does it say
"employer", Shiela?

Now, what does that have to do with classical music, Sheila?

Just find someone in the behavioral science unit of Microsoft with a conscience, and you'll have you answers, investigators...

Dec 25, 2005, 8:59:14 PM12/25/05

Michael Baldwin Bruce is a civilian torturer.

Just find someone in the behavioral science unit of Microsoft with a conscience, and you'll have you answers, investigators...

Dec 25, 2005, 9:02:39 PM12/25/05

Michael Baldwin Bruce, aka Henne, a civilian torturer for MI-6.

Nightingale

Dec 25, 2005, 9:26:35 PM12/25/05

Michael Baldwin Bruce wrote:

> Nightingale wrote:
>
>>Michael Baldwin Bruce wrote:
>>
>>>On what basis do you make that k'lame, sheila? You try staying in
>>>persona for as long as I have - along with the others I've also been
>>>doing.
>>>

>>I'm only going by what I've seen you post in rmc. Who else have you
>>been doing?
>

> I'm more interested in what you've been up to.

I've been keeping busy with choir (I'm only in one choir this year),
work, school & music lessons. I'm taking 3 half courses each term,
which has the disadvantage that December was rather stressful with 3
final exams, but the advantage that I have no homework over the
holidays, so I've signed a couple of books out from the library that are
just for fun, not for any course. (But they're still about music.) I
won't know my marks for a few weeks, but I'm sure that I passed
everything, and I think that I will end up with an A in at least one of
the courses.

Are you up to anything interesting?

>>>Is that why he stands up to me by never directly replying (except for
>>>the one time he forgot), sheila?
>>>

>>Perhaps he's decided that there is no point in trying to talk to you.
>>Actually, I wish he would stop that ridiculous thread with *.* and *The
>>Commentator*. The digest was much better - far less junk cluttering up
>>the newsgroup when he put everything into one huge post instead of
>>making all the individual replies.
>

> Dickless is nothing other than a pathetic clueless lamer with delusions
> of adequacy.

http://starbulletin.com/2005/12/05/news/story09.html

"Bernardi said he was working on a project in Italy 'looking for
asteroids with smaller telescopes. Not many astronomers are doing these
jobs.'
So he joined the UH Institute for Astronomy to work with Tholen, an
astronomy professor who heads a NASA-funded program to find potential
'killer asteroids' passing close to Earth."

Sounds like he is more than adequate if people are traveling half way
around the world to work with him.

> Honestly, I can't understand why you love him so.

Who said anything about love? Read what I've written, Bruce - I've bee
clear enough. There are things about him that I admire, and I've
appreciated some of his contributions to rmc, but that's not the same
thing.

>>>RL? Do you mean Raving Loonie?
>>
>>real life.
>

> Yes, I know what you meant. I was making a dig at the twit from your
> home town (which I still find an interesting coincidence).

Toronto is a big place.

>>>And you are one to talk about hiding
>>>behind false names, Lorna.
>>>

>>It's Lora, not Lorna. You are one of the Susan Cohen's, right?
>

> Took you long enough to realise, Laura.

I had your Michael Baldwin Bruce persona plonked for ages. I switched
servers recently because sunsite dropped all the groups I like to read
last month, and I haven't gotten around to setting up my filters again.
It's nice to see that you've dropped the excessive Monty Python
quotes. That really boring, and the main reason I kill-filed you - for a
while you didn't seem to have anything at all of your own to say.

>>>Damn! I was aiming to win everything by the end of the year. I must try
>>>harder next year.
>>
>>Good luck. You have my vote for any awards :-)
>

> Thanks, but I'll need nominations too.

Well, my nomination was seconded. We'll just have to wait and see if
the FNVW accepts it.

>>>I was, under another persona - until Dickless chimed in.
>>
>>Thanks for the typo correction :-)
>

> You're welcome, Lauren.

Who is Lauren, Bruce? Still having attribution problems?

>>Your Susan Cohen persona was almost as clueless as your Bruce persona,
>>but at least you did try to contribute to the music discussion for a
>>short time.
>

> Yes, the Bizet 'gaff' still cracks me up when I think about it.

So why not stick around and talk about music for a while, either as
Bruce or using one of your other socks?

>>>Or should I present
>>>you with a clue and call you Fartingale? BWAWAWAWAWAWAWA!!!!
>>
>>LOL! I was right - you are cypherpunk. Thanks again for signing me up
>>to the online dating sites.
>

> No, that wasn't me. It was probably Bi, but glad you enjoyed it.

One of the id's that he set up was Fartingale, so Shorts was the first
person I suspected, but you could be right about Bi - it does seem like
the kind of thing he would do.

>>Who are you really? Have you ever shown your real face, or just hid
>>behind your collection of masks?
>

> I've been on Usenet for over 20 years - in one form or another. I know
> better than that.

Why do you say you know better than that? There are lots of people who
have been on the internet for decades using their real names.

Just find someone in the behavioral science unit of Microsoft with a conscience, and you'll have you answers, investigators...

Dec 25, 2005, 9:30:21 PM12/25/05

Nightingale wrote:
> Michael Baldwin Bruce wrote:
>
> > Nightingale wrote:

> >>I'm only going by what I've seen you post in rmc. Who else have you
> >>been doing?
> >

> > I'm more interested in what you've been up to.
> >

> I've been keeping busy with choir (I'm only in one choir this year),
> work, school & music lessons. I'm taking 3 half courses each term,
> which has the disadvantage that December was rather stressful with 3
> final exams, but the advantage that I have no homework over the
> holidays, so I've signed a couple of books out from the library that are
> just for fun, not for any course. (But they're still about music.) I
> won't know my marks for a few weeks, but I'm sure that I passed
> everything, and I think that I will end up with an A in at least one of
> the courses.
>
> Are you up to anything interesting?

"Aaron Henne" of MI6 and Microsoft, a Brit, is torturing Iraqis (kids,
too!) and researching new methods of torturing humans through
computers.

Does that count?

Nightingale

Dec 25, 2005, 9:31:09 PM12/25/05

Michael Baldwin Bruce wrote:

> Now, what does that have to do with classical music, Sheila?

Nothing, that's why I didn't post it to rec.music.classical, Bruce.

Nightingale

Dec 25, 2005, 9:34:15 PM12/25/05

conscience, and you'll have you answers, investigators... wrote:

>>Are you up to anything interesting?
>

> "Aaron Henne" of MI6 and Microsoft, a Brit, is torturing Iraqis (kids,
> too!) and researching new methods of torturing humans through
> computers.
>
> Does that count?

Does it involve usenet?

Message has been deleted

Honest John

Dec 25, 2005, 10:27:05 PM12/25/05

<DieKo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

"Have you ever been tried for a war crime?"

Funny, Klaus

Raving Loonie

Dec 25, 2005, 11:04:52 PM12/25/05
> [...]

> > _and_
> >
> > Having no clue that his trigger-happy use of words like "kike" and
> > "nigger" make him look like a fucking racist...even if he's trying (and
> > the operative word is _trying_) to be funny.
>
> Is baiting something you Merkins are not familiar with either, oh
> clueless one? Oh, also try searching for my use of "gook" etc.
>
> > I nominate Michael Baldwin Bruce for Tar & Feathers. Seconds?
>
> Seconded.
>
> > Tar & Feathers...
> > Reserved solely for the Terminally Clueless, those most highly
> > incorrigible past all hope crusaders who in another time and reality
> > would've been tarred and feathered and ridden out of town on a rail.
> > Preferably one with a bridge out. Over a canyon.
>
> So, will you be nominating yourself any time soon, oh clueless one? Or
> will the thick Irish cunt be going first?

It's a shame that others aren't so conversant with irony, Bruce.

... but then again, you understand.

Ironic, really. ...

RL

SWG

Dec 25, 2005, 11:06:07 PM12/25/05

Double-A wrote:

> "Live by the sword; die by the sword."

In your case live to suck dick!!!!!!!

SWG

Dec 25, 2005, 11:11:29 PM12/25/05
You are a pervert gay tranny, aren't you?

Sister...@aol.com

Dec 25, 2005, 11:14:43 PM12/25/05

HAve you ever been tried for a war crime, Stumpy?

Raving Loonie

Dec 25, 2005, 11:26:37 PM12/25/05

Nightingale wrote:
> Michael Baldwin Bruce wrote:
>
> > Nightingale wrote:
> >
> >>Michael Baldwin Bruce wrote:

[snip]

> >>real life.
> >

> > Yes, I know what you meant. I was making a dig at the twit from your
> > home town (which I still find an interesting coincidence).

Making a dig at me, Bruce?

.. I'm the twit who still maintains a bit of respect for you.

Ironic, isn't it?

But you clearly have no problem understanding ironic situations. The
future holds no surprises does it?

One can never can save a silly bugger from his or her own foolishness
Oh, I've tried hard enough, to do so. ... Stupid.

Keep well and be of good cheer, Bruce. You will need it.

Goodbye.

Honest John

Dec 25, 2005, 11:30:03 PM12/25/05

"SWG" <swissw...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Double-A wrote:
>

> > "Live by the sword; die by the sword."
>

> In your case live to suck dick!!!!!!!

Very true words for Double-Anus!!!!!!!!!!

Sister...@aol.com

Dec 25, 2005, 11:28:32 PM12/25/05

Honest John

Dec 25, 2005, 11:32:36 PM12/25/05

<Sister...@aol.com> wrote in message

Have you ever sucked so hard on a man-snake that your ears popped, why of
course you have!!!!!!!!!!

Sister...@aol.com

Dec 25, 2005, 11:35:33 PM12/25/05

Honest John

Dec 26, 2005, 12:02:35 AM12/26/05

<Sister...@aol.com> wrote in message

You're so stupid that you don't know how to answer anyone!?!

Condeleeza Rice

Dec 26, 2005, 12:03:33 AM12/26/05

You're so stupid you're willing to discuss your PM on the Internet
rather than admit you're wrong, beaten and stand down ? ? ?

Raving Loonie

Dec 26, 2005, 12:10:36 AM12/26/05

Woodchuck Bill wrote:
> Nightingale <sin...@yorku.ca> wrote in
> (silly groups removed)
>
> There is a *huge* difference...netcopping vs. Rl stalking, and this
> is where the terminal cluelessness comes into play. Bruce is saying
> that it's acceptable for him to recruit people from Usenet to harass
> Tholen at work because Tholen (a notorious kook) tried to netcop
> DrPostman. He's saying that kookie behavior (by a known kook)
> justifies even kookier behavior by a third-party '_kookologist_'.
>
> So far, the consensus by everyone who has stated an opinion about
> what Bruce did to Tholen is that what he did what totally fucked up
> and reprehensible. Not a single person has defended Bruce, as of
> now...and he is still not able to take clue.
Woodchuck,

Funny how it is ...

... there is no hope of saving a silly bugger from his or her own
foolishness.

Example:

Nightingale posts this ...
http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/6ba2e3cb167d63d1

MBBR replies, thusly ...
http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/bc417f84f79eab0f

Of course, feel free to call me as *clueless* as they come...
hence, please disregard the following ' flip of the bird '

http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.fan.art-bell/msg/57e4eb3da04bc1db

Have fun.

RL

Sean Monaghan

Dec 26, 2005, 12:59:32 AM12/26/05
On 25 Dec 2005 17:57:28 -0800, "Michael Baldwin Bruce"
<mbb...@mighty.co.za> wrote:

Do you, or do you not, recognise that there is something seriously wrong
with posting someone's employment website address in the context of
soliciting harassment-by-proxy for the said person and his coworkers?

Answer the question, coward.

--
Sean Monaghan

Samaritan Awards: http://www.hydroclick.com/samaritan

Michael Baldwin Bruce

Dec 26, 2005, 1:22:34 AM12/26/05

Actually, Double-Anus has expressed a preference for live stock.

The Revd

Dec 26, 2005, 1:36:32 AM12/26/05

Woodchuck Bill wrote:
> Nightingale <sin...@yorku.ca> wrote in
>

> (silly groups removed)
>
> There is a *huge* difference...netcopping vs. Rl stalking, and this
> is where the terminal cluelessness comes into play. Bruce is saying
> that it's acceptable for him to recruit people from Usenet to harass
> Tholen at work because Tholen (a notorious kook) tried to netcop
> DrPostman. He's saying that kookie behavior (by a known kook)
> justifies even kookier behavior by a third-party '_kookologist_'.
>
> So far, the consensus by everyone who has stated an opinion about
> what Bruce did to Tholen is that what he did what totally fucked up
> and reprehensible. Not a single person has defended Bruce, as of
> now...and he is still not able to take clue.

Bruce is an Afrikaaner, posting from the za. domain (South Effrica).
They're all racists down there. They refer to black people as
"kaffirs".

He deserves every k00k award there is!

And I am prepared to second any nomination going in his general
direction!

The Revd

Dec 26, 2005, 1:43:25 AM12/26/05

Kali wrote:
> In article <Xns97375B8B036...@66.250.146.159>,
> posted 25 Dec 2005 13:19:54 GMT, Woodchuck Bill bwr607
> @hotmail.com says...
>
> >"Michael Baldwin Bruce" <mbb...@mighty.co.za> wrote in
> >
> >> Woodchuck Bill wrote:

<b'rissed>

> >> So, will you be nominating yourself any time soon, oh clueless
> >> one? Or will the thick Irish cunt be going first?
> >

> >That last sentence made you sound more like BowTie than you'll ever
> >understand, cluetard.
>
> Thick Irish cunt? Sean? This is just really fucked up. :(

Anyone that can refer to a boghopper as a "thick Irish cunt" is
unquestionably
a k00k of the first order, so he is, to be sure.

Michael Baldwin Bruce

Dec 26, 2005, 1:45:22 AM12/26/05

Fuck off, you nigger loving kike.

> He deserves every k00k award there is!

> And I am prepared to second any nomination going in his general
> direction!

You would, assahollah. You and that thin-skinned, thick irish cunt
should get a room.

Oh, and before I forget - fuck off, Bowtie.

The Revd

Dec 26, 2005, 1:48:53 AM12/26/05

Woodchuck Bill wrote:

<circ'ed>

> All the evidence quoted above.
>

> _plus_
>
> Posting someone's name, address, and phone number in a Usenet post (or
> republishing it from a web source to Usenet) without their permission
> is just awful.

Absolutely unforgivable!

> http://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.israel/msg/0cc25f81bf00c8cc

> _and_
>
> Having no clue that his trigger-happy use of words like "kike" and
> "nigger" make him look like a fucking racist...even if he's trying (and
> the operative word is _trying_) to be funny.

Anyone who can casually refer to ethnically challenged humans as
"kikes" and "niggers"
deserves whatever the k00kologist community can throw at him!

> I nominate Michael Baldwin Bruce for Tar & Feathers. Seconds?

Youz bet. I second that emotion most unequivocally, regardless whether
anyone
else has.

The Revd

Dec 26, 2005, 1:53:26 AM12/26/05

Shouldn't that be "kaffir-loving jew", B'ruce?

> > He deserves every k00k award there is!

Stay off the b'ooze, B'ruce.

> > And I am prepared to second any nomination going in his general
> > direction!
>
> You would, assahollah. You and that thin-skinned, thick irish cunt
> should get a room.

The bgiot projects.

> Oh, and before I forget - fuck off, Bowtie.

Charming.

DoD

Dec 26, 2005, 1:58:02 AM12/26/05

"The Revd" <fformb...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

Yuz can do better than this, err maybe you can't. How about a lively bout of
yer mamma jokes?

Condeleeza Rice

Dec 26, 2005, 2:01:11 AM12/26/05

And what of the Prime Minister?

Does he prefer live stock, too ???

The Revd

Dec 26, 2005, 2:08:44 AM12/26/05

Hello Doodoo and a merry channukah to youz!
BTW yer mamma sucks hosses. LOL

DoD

Dec 26, 2005, 2:17:23 AM12/26/05

"The Revd" <fformb...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

I don't celebrate Chanukah, but if I were in the presence of Jews, I would
celebrate their holiday.. And of course your other retort is retarded just
like the person that put it forth, but you being the Euro-moron that your
are I won't hold you accountable.... you are what you are.. BTW... yer moms
pussy is so dry, the crabs carry canteens..... Merry Christmas Rev.

babaloo...@yahoo.com

Dec 26, 2005, 2:28:54 AM12/26/05
yep.

Double-A

Dec 26, 2005, 2:32:45 AM12/26/05

Did you get your Christmas goose, Bruce?

Pretty soon your will have lots of awards to hang on your wall, all
incribed with "KoOk" on them!''

Double-A

John Jones

Dec 26, 2005, 4:01:02 AM12/26/05

"Woodchuck Bill" <bwr...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I wrote in news:Xns9736E63DDC0...@66.250.146.159:
>
>> I don't know if Peter or Sean will accept nominations from
>> Formosa-ruled people like yourself, but thanks for the summary
>> of what's been going on...it saved me a lot of catching up to do. I
>> also think this is the wrong nomination for Bruce's type of
>> cluelessness. I'll wait and see how Bruce plays his cards first, but
>> combined with his inability to know when he's gone too far with his
>> racist '_jokes_' I see him as a Tar and Feathers type cluetard.
>
> On second thought...I won't wait for Bruce's response. He is obviously
> a terminally clueless piece of cybertrash who deserves to be tarred,
> feathered, and fed to an army of red ants.

His bullshit advice for people to go RL on him by harrassing his colleagues
was enough for me.

Michael Baldwin Bruce

Dec 26, 2005, 4:10:55 AM12/26/05
Revd Bruce AKA The Revd wrote:
> B'ruce AKA Michael Baldwin Bruce wrote:
> > Revd Bruce AKA The Revd wrote:
>
> > > Bruce is an Afrikaaner, posting from the za. domain (South Effrica).
> > > They're all racists down there. They refer to black people as
> > > "kaffirs".
> >
> > Fuck off, you nigger loving kike.
>
> Shouldn't that be "kaffir-loving jew", B'ruce?

If you insist, you kaffir-loving jew.

> > > He deserves every k00k award there is!

> Stay off the b'ooze, B'ruce.

Sorry, can't help it. Its that time of year, you elf-hating kike. What
do you have against Xmas anyway?

> > > And I am prepared to second any nomination going in his general
> > > direction!
> >
> > You would, assahollah. You and that thin-skinned, thick irish cunt
> > should get a room.
>
> The bgiot projects.

So does Vincent Wong, the Sino-Scottish projectionist.

> > Oh, and before I forget - fuck off, Bowtie.
>
> Charming.

You may call me the poaster formerly known as Prince.

And that reminds me - fuck off, Bowtie.

The Re'evd

Dec 26, 2005, 7:10:41 AM12/26/05

B'ruce AKA Michael Baldwin Bruce wrote:

> Revd Bruce AKA The Revd wrote:
> > B'ruce AKA Michael Baldwin Bruce wrote:

> > > Fuck off, you nigger loving kike.
> >
> > Shouldn't that be "kaffir-loving jew", B'ruce?
>
> If you insist, you kaffir-loving jew.

I *do* insist, B'ruce, you boerish Boer. AOL!!!

> > Stay off the b'ooze, B'ruce.
>
> Sorry, can't help it. Its that time of year, you elf-hating kike. What
> do you have against Xmas anyway?

Nothing whatsoever, B'ruce. 'Tis the season of good will to all men,
so it is, to be sure.
So bog off already.

> > > You would, assahollah. You and that thin-skinned, thick irish cunt
> > > should get a room.
> >
> > The bgiot projects.
>
> So does Vincent Wong, the Sino-Scottish projectionist.

Surely youz don't mean Vinnie McWong? No shit!

> > > Oh, and before I forget - fuck off, Bowtie.
> >
> > Charming.
>
> You may call me the poaster formerly known as Prince.

Someday your prince will come, B'ruce.

> And that reminds me - fuck off, Bowtie.

And up yours, B'ruce!

Michael Baldwin Bruce

Dec 26, 2005, 7:26:29 AM12/26/05
Double-Anus wrote:
> Michael Baldwin Bruce wrote:
> > Honest Bruce AKA Honest John wrote:
> > > "SWG" <swissw...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Very true words for Double-Anus!!!!!!!!!!
> >
> > Actually, Double-Anus has expressed a preference for live stock.
>

> Did you get your Christmas goose, Bruce?

I'll let you have a gander at it as long as you promise not to try to
stuff it, Double-Anus.

> Pretty soon your will have lots of awards to hang on your wall, all
> incribed with "KoOk" on them!''
>

> Double-Anus

Are you getting jealous, Double-Anus? Are you gleeful because you think
your revenge nomination fooled the thick Irish cunt and the rest of the
Three Stooges? Or will it backfire on you again? Happens to you and the
rest of the saucerheads a lot, doesn't it?

Message has been deleted

Raving Loonie

Dec 26, 2005, 12:28:19 PM12/26/05

Kali wrote:
> In article <domgb0$mjg$1...@news.datemas.de>, posted Sun, 25 Dec
> 2005 11:11:17 -0500, Nightingale sin...@yorku.ca says...
>

> >frogwa...@yahoo.ca wrote:
>
> snip
>
> >> As a professor at a university, he has a sort of presence as a public
> >> figure. It is somewhat difficult for him to divorce himself from the
> >> institution that he represents. Both he, and those on Usenet who
> >> respond to him have to respect that reality, as well.
>
> Perhaps it is difficult for you to imagine that he doesn't have
> to conform to your vision of his professional role while he
> wastes his time on Usenet like the rest of us do.
Oh? Perhaps, you should reconsider this one somewhat. ...

> >He has a private life. If he posts on newsgroups about music or other
> >things not related to his work, he is not representing his university.
The " private life " of a public figure ? ... Yes. Such a thing
certaintly exists and deserves to be respected. I'm not so confident
that the envelope would extend, in the blanket sense, without further
consideration to a very public forum such as Usenet.

> Does he post through his university account, or in some
> particular instance say "In my professional opinion as an ABC
> professor/researcher at XYZ university..."? Is he doing research
> on Usenet with human subjects? Is he teaching a course on
> Usenet? Professional ethics only apply when one is practicing
> one's profession or acting as an agent in that capacity. Ethical
> standards maintained by most states for their employees also
> make that distinction.

Ethical standards for the government employee is not the best model,
here.
Yes, the university and government are public institutions in a sense.
In some ways, it's easy to assume that the standard is higher for a
civil servant. A person might be compelled to interact with a
representative of government.

In other ways, the standards expected of an academic are greater. No
need to consider that aspect, here.

> Otherwise he is strictly on personal time, and I'll guarantee
> the university could give a rat's ass what he says, and will
> consider complaints about his Usenet posts as harassment. They
> will also, regardless of any internal bickering that may be
> going on, rally to his defense against an outside threat. I have
> first hand experience with this.
Yes, I am familiar with the university environment. ... I am
sympathetic to the sort of predicament that you might have found,
yourself, embroiled within.

> There are unfortunately many people on Usenet who are ignorant
> about boundaries between professional and personal/Usenet life.
> The bottom line is that contacting someone's employer over a
> Usenet post is as kooky as the day is long, whether that person
> is a professional or not.
Agreed.

So I hum and har and say wait and maybe ... How do we disagree?

As I touched on in my original posting ... and skirt around, herein
... a professor is <somewhat> of a public figure. ... I don't mean '
public ' in the legal sense of 'can be discussed in public ', although
that might pertain somewhat ..

Rather, that a professor is sort of a full time job. It takes up most
of one's free time. It's not a role that starts at 9:00 am and ends at
5:00 pm, five days a week. Sure, there are some professors who might
view it that way ... Most professors are working or 'on call' 24/7, no
matter what they are doing. Sort of like physicians and clergy and
police constables. I doubt that there is any hard rule about this as
far as professors are concerned ...

For example, if an academic moonlights by working elsewhere ... Yes,
many ... maybe even a majority might do so to a minor degree ... It
throws all sorts of strain into things.

It's not an easy thing to qualify or quantify, Kali; I am simply saying
that being a Professor is like being in one of those professions where
one is always at work, more or less. ...

... and it is not all one sided; it cuts both ways. Accomodations are
made for it being this way.

I assume that you don't have a professorial position, as of yet.

If a professorial job is what you are seeking and you haven't yet
achieved it, then I sincerely wish you the best in arriving at that
juncture. As for that which is expected from a professor? I wouldn't
worry about it, much. Get there, first.

I am certainly not a professor.

Let me put it another way ...

... if a person is interested predominantly in making a living, ( a
job ) then just about anything is better than 'University Professor';
The cost of entry is way too steep.

Sincerely,

RL

Message has been deleted

Nightingale

Dec 26, 2005, 4:32:30 PM12/26/05

Kali wrote:
>>For example, if an academic moonlights by working elsewhere ... Yes,
>>many ... maybe even a majority might do so to a minor degree ... It
>>throws all sorts of strain into things.
>

> I don't know any that have the time or energy for moonlighting.

I know some music professors who do private teaching &/or performing in
addition to their university jobs.

> It's a love of knowledge for its own sake, and it's not for
> everyone. As a scholar and researcher you more or less end up
> there, getting paid for doing what you love to do, with the
> stipulation that you contribute to your field of expertise by
> publishing your work.

It sounds like the best job in the world to me, and what I would have
wanted to end up doing if things had worked out a bit better when I was
young.

> More money would be nice, tho it won't be happening under the
> current administration. State budgets are strained to the max,
> federal grants and loans are on the chopping block, and the only
> way to keep the doors open is to increase tuition. Tuition in
> most state institutions has doubled in the past 5-6 years.

Sounds similar to the situation here.

Tholehole's Publicist

Dec 27, 2005, 1:41:30 AM12/27/05
Michael Baldwin Bruce wrote:

> Nightingale wrote:
> > Michael Baldwin Bruce wrote:
> > >

> > > On what basis do you make that k'lame, sheila? You try staying in
> > > persona for as long as I have - along with the others I've also
> > > been doing.
> > >

> > I'm only going by what I've seen you post in rmc. Who else have you
> > been doing?
>
> I'm more interested in what you've been up to.

> > > Is that why he stands up to me by never directly replying (except
> > > for the one time he forgot), sheila?
> > >

> > Perhaps he's decided that there is no point in trying to talk to
> > you. Actually, I wish he would stop that ridiculous thread with
> > *.* and *The Commentator*. The digest was much better - far less
> > junk cluttering up the newsgroup when he put everything into one
> > huge post instead of making all the individual replies.
>
> Dickless is nothing other than a pathetic clueless lamer with
> delusions of adequacy. Honestly, I can't understand why you love him
> so.

> > > RL? Do you mean Raving Loonie?
> >
> > real life.
>
> Yes, I know what you meant. I was making a dig at the twit from your
> home town (which I still find an interesting coincidence).
>

> > > And you are one to talk about hiding
> > > behind false names, Lorna.
> > >

> > It's Lora, not Lorna. You are one of the Susan Cohen's, right?
>
> Took you long enough to realise, Laura.

Flabbyass @gmail was you? That persona was hilarious, Bruce. Why did
you stop using it?

> > > Damn! I was aiming to win everything by the end of the year. I
> > > must try harder next year.
> >
> > Good luck. You have my vote for any awards :-)
>
> Thanks, but I'll need nominations too.

> > > I was, under another persona - until Dickless chimed in.
> >
> > Thanks for the typo correction :-)
>
> You're welcome, Lauren.
>
> > Your Susan Cohen persona was almost as clueless as your Bruce
> > persona, but at least you did try to contribute to the music
> > discussion for a short time.
>
> Yes, the Bizet 'gaff' still cracks me up when I think about it.

> > > Why don't you try picking another one then, Lorna?
> >
> > I already did.
>
> Good for you.
>
> > > Or should I present
> > > you with a clue and call you Fartingale? BWAWAWAWAWAWAWA!!!!
> >
> > LOL! I was right - you are cypherpunk. Thanks again for signing
> > me up to the online dating sites.
>
> No, that wasn't me. It was probably Bi, but glad you enjoyed it.
>
> > Who are you really? Have you ever shown your real face, or just hid
> > behind your collection of masks?
>
> I've been on Usenet for over 20 years - in one form or another. I know
> better than that.
>
> > As for me, it doesn't make any difference if you call me
> > Nightingale or Lora, this is who I am. People who have met me in
> > real life after first knowing me online have said that I am the
> > same. (Not true of everyone, some people are quite different
> > online.)
> >
> > Merry Christmas Bruce.
>
> Same to you, Sheila.

*.*

Dec 27, 2005, 2:20:56 AM12/27/05
raving...@gmail.com wrote:

> Nightingale wrote:
>
>>Michael Baldwin Bruce wrote:
>>
>>>On what basis do you make that k'lame, sheila? You try staying in
>>>persona for as long as I have - along with the others I've also been
>>>doing.
>>>

>>I'm only going by what I've seen you post in rmc. Who else have you
>>been doing?

>>>Is that why he stands up to me by never directly replying (except for
>>>the one time he forgot), sheila?
>>>

>>Perhaps he's decided that there is no point in trying to talk to you.
>>Actually, I wish he would stop that ridiculous thread with *.* and *The
>>Commentator*. The digest was much better - far less junk cluttering up
>>the newsgroup when he put everything into one huge post instead of
>>making all the individual replies.

>>>RL? Do you mean Raving Loonie?
>>
>>real life.
>>

>>>And you are one to talk about hiding
>>>behind false names, Lorna.
>>>

>>It's Lora, not Lorna. You are one of the Susan Cohen's, right?

>>>Damn! I was aiming to win everything by the end of the year. I must try
>>>harder next year.
>>>

>>Good luck. You have my vote for any awards :-)

>>>I was, under another persona - until Dickless chimed in.
>>>

>>Thanks for the typo correction :-)
>>

>>Your Susan Cohen persona was almost as clueless as your Bruce persona,
>>but at least you did try to contribute to the music discussion for a
>>short time.
>

> Try Freddie "the Eat my Shorts" fag, lame ... "Fartingale" is the
> cluetag.
> See http://tinyurl.com/9hh99

>>>Why don't you try picking another one then, Lorna?
>>
>>I already did.
>>

>>>Or should I present
>>>you with a clue and call you Fartingale? BWAWAWAWAWAWAWA!!!!
>>>

>>LOL! I was right - you are cypherpunk. Thanks again for signing me up
>>to the online dating sites.
>

> Hello?
> Here is, yet more evidence of Bruce's net.crudenessness ...
>
> http://groups.google.ca/group/rec.music.classical/msg/f1c71d69fedc128a

>>Who are you really? Have you ever shown your real face, or just hid
>>behind your collection of masks?
>>

>>As for me, it doesn't make any difference if you call me Nightingale or
>>Lora, this is who I am. People who have met me in real life after first
>>knowing me online have said that I am the same. (Not true of everyone,
>>some people are quite different online.)
>>
>>Merry Christmas Bruce.
>

> Merry Christmas Brucie.
>
> Baaah. Humpbuggered.
> As Double-A wryly pointed out. ... a sheep humper from way back.
>
> Congrats on the Tar and Feathers nomination, btw!
>
> Nightingale,
> Isn't Woodchuck Bill still waiting on a seconding ?
>
> Merry 'X - header' to one and all
>
> Sincerely,
>
> RL
>
> P.S. [rec.music.classical,alt.astronomy] added to this response, so as
> to inform those respective news groups of the *breaking* news.

I nominate Nightingale for coward of the month for the way she keeps
removing rec.music.classical from the threads. What are you afraid of,
tweetie?

*.*

Dec 27, 2005, 2:23:03 AM12/27/05
Michael Baldwin Bruce wrote:

> Nightingale wrote:
>
>>Michael Baldwin Bruce wrote:
>>
>>>On what basis do you make that k'lame, sheila? You try staying in
>>>persona for as long as I have - along with the others I've also been
>>>doing.
>>>

>>I'm only going by what I've seen you post in rmc. Who else have you
>>been doing?
>

> I'm more interested in what you've been up to.

>>>Is that why he stands up to me by never directly replying (except for
>>>the one time he forgot), sheila?
>>>

>>Perhaps he's decided that there is no point in trying to talk to you.
>>Actually, I wish he would stop that ridiculous thread with *.* and *The
>>Commentator*. The digest was much better - far less junk cluttering up
>>the newsgroup when he put everything into one huge post instead of
>>making all the individual replies.
>

> Dickless is nothing other than a pathetic clueless lamer with delusions
> of adequacy. Honestly, I can't understand why you love him so.

Love is blind, and so is tweetie.

>>>RL? Do you mean Raving Loonie?
>>
>>real life.
>

> Yes, I know what you meant. I was making a dig at the twit from your
> home town (which I still find an interesting coincidence).
>

>>>And you are one to talk about hiding
>>>behind false names, Lorna.
>>>

>>It's Lora, not Lorna. You are one of the Susan Cohen's, right?
>

> Took you long enough to realise, Laura.

She's not the brightest one in the group.

>>>Damn! I was aiming to win everything by the end of the year. I must try
>>>harder next year.
>>
>>Good luck. You have my vote for any awards :-)
>

> Thanks, but I'll need nominations too.

>>>I was, under another persona - until Dickless chimed in.
>>
>>Thanks for the typo correction :-)
>

> You're welcome, Lauren.

>>Your Susan Cohen persona was almost as clueless as your Bruce persona,
>>but at least you did try to contribute to the music discussion for a
>>short time.
>

> Yes, the Bizet 'gaff' still cracks me up when I think about it.

>>>Why don't you try picking another one then, Lorna?
>>
>>I already did.
>

> Good for you.

>>>Or should I present
>>>you with a clue and call you Fartingale? BWAWAWAWAWAWAWA!!!!
>>
>>LOL! I was right - you are cypherpunk. Thanks again for signing me up
>>to the online dating sites.
>

> No, that wasn't me. It was probably Bi, but glad you enjoyed it.
>

>>Who are you really? Have you ever shown your real face, or just hid
>>behind your collection of masks?
>

> I've been on Usenet for over 20 years - in one form or another. I know
> better than that.
>

>>As for me, it doesn't make any difference if you call me Nightingale or
>>Lora, this is who I am. People who have met me in real life after first
>>knowing me online have said that I am the same. (Not true of everyone,
>>some people are quite different online.)
>>
>>Merry Christmas Bruce.

*.*

Dec 27, 2005, 2:26:03 AM12/27/05
Nightingale wrote:

> Michael Baldwin Bruce wrote:
>
>> Nightingale wrote:

>>> I'm only going by what I've seen you post in rmc. Who else have you
>>> been doing?
>>

>> I'm more interested in what you've been up to.
>>

> I've been keeping busy with choir (I'm only in one choir this year),
> work, school & music lessons. I'm taking 3 half courses each term,
> which has the disadvantage that December was rather stressful with 3
> final exams, but the advantage that I have no homework over the
> holidays, so I've signed a couple of books out from the library that are
> just for fun, not for any course. (But they're still about music.) I
> won't know my marks for a few weeks, but I'm sure that I passed
> everything, and I think that I will end up with an A in at least one of
> the courses.

How much are you paying the prof?

> Are you up to anything interesting?

>>> Perhaps he's decided that there is no point in trying to talk to you.
>>> Actually, I wish he would stop that ridiculous thread with *.* and *The
>>> Commentator*. The digest was much better - far less junk cluttering up
>>> the newsgroup when he put everything into one huge post instead of
>>> making all the individual replies.

Interesting that Tholen's started with the digest after you posted this.

>> Dickless is nothing other than a pathetic clueless lamer with delusions
>> of adequacy.
>

> http://starbulletin.com/2005/12/05/news/story09.html
>
> "Bernardi said he was working on a project in Italy 'looking for
> asteroids with smaller telescopes. Not many astronomers are doing these
> jobs.'
> So he joined the UH Institute for Astronomy to work with Tholen, an
> astronomy professor who heads a NASA-funded program to find potential
> 'killer asteroids' passing close to Earth."
>
> Sounds like he is more than adequate if people are traveling half way
> around the world to work with him.

>> Honestly, I can't understand why you love him so.
>>

> Who said anything about love? Read what I've written, Bruce - I've bee
> clear enough. There are things about him that I admire, and I've
> appreciated some of his contributions to rmc, but that's not the same
> thing.

It's obvious to everyone that you do love him. Why not just admit it?

>>> real life.
>>

>> Yes, I know what you meant. I was making a dig at the twit from your
>> home town (which I still find an interesting coincidence).
>>

> Toronto is a big place.

>>> It's Lora, not Lorna. You are one of the Susan Cohen's, right?
>>

>> Took you long enough to realise, Laura.
>>

> I had your Michael Baldwin Bruce persona plonked for ages. I switched
> servers recently because sunsite dropped all the groups I like to read
> last month, and I haven't gotten around to setting up my filters again.
> It's nice to see that you've dropped the excessive Monty Python quotes.
> That really boring, and the main reason I kill-filed you - for a while
> you didn't seem to have anything at all of your own to say.

>>> Good luck. You have my vote for any awards :-)
>>

>> Thanks, but I'll need nominations too.
>>

> Well, my nomination was seconded. We'll just have to wait and see if
> the FNVW accepts it.

>>> Thanks for the typo correction :-)
>>

>> You're welcome, Lauren.
>>

> Who is Lauren, Bruce? Still having attribution problems?

>>> Your Susan Cohen persona was almost as clueless as your Bruce persona,
>>> but at least you did try to contribute to the music discussion for a
>>> short time.
>>

>> Yes, the Bizet 'gaff' still cracks me up when I think about it.
>>

> So why not stick around and talk about music for a while, either as
> Bruce or using one of your other socks?

>>> LOL! I was right - you are cypherpunk. Thanks again for signing me up
>>> to the online dating sites.
>>

>> No, that wasn't me. It was probably Bi, but glad you enjoyed it.
>>

> One of the id's that he set up was Fartingale, so Shorts was the first
> person I suspected, but you could be right about Bi - it does seem like
> the kind of thing he would do.

>>> Who are you really? Have you ever shown your real face, or just hid
>>> behind your collection of masks?
>>

>> I've been on Usenet for over 20 years - in one form or another. I know
>> better than that.
>>

> Why do you say you know better than that? There are lots of people who
> have been on the internet for decades using their real names.

*.*

Dec 27, 2005, 2:27:12 AM12/27/05
Tholehole's Publicist wrote:

That was good & Shorts wasn't bad either.

*.*

Dec 27, 2005, 2:28:59 AM12/27/05
Nightingale wrote:

> Kali wrote:
>
>>> For example, if an academic moonlights by working elsewhere ... Yes,
>>> many ... maybe even a majority might do so to a minor degree ... It
>>> throws all sorts of strain into things.
>>

>> I don't know any that have the time or energy for moonlighting.
>>

> I know some music professors who do private teaching &/or performing in
> addition to their university jobs.
>

>> It's a love of knowledge for its own sake, and it's not for everyone.
>> As a scholar and researcher you more or less end up there, getting
>> paid for doing what you love to do, with the stipulation that you
>> contribute to your field of expertise by publishing your work.
>

> It sounds like the best job in the world to me, and what I would have
> wanted to end up doing if things had worked out a bit better when I was
> young.

Like if you'd been smarter?

Message has been deleted

Nightingale

Dec 27, 2005, 3:18:38 PM12/27/05

Kali wrote:

> In article <dopnh4$98c$1...@news.datemas.de>, posted Mon, 26 Dec
> 2005 16:32:30 -0500, Nightingale sin...@yorku.ca says...

>>>I don't know any that have the time or energy for moonlighting.
>>>

>>I know some music professors who do private teaching &/or performing in
>>addition to their university jobs.
>

> Makes sense that it's different in different fields. Mine is
> research intensive, so usually no one is taking on outside work
> unless it's planned over a sabbatical.

What's your field?

>>>It's a love of knowledge for its own sake, and it's not for
>>>everyone. As a scholar and researcher you more or less end up
>>>there, getting paid for doing what you love to do, with the
>>>stipulation that you contribute to your field of expertise by
>>>publishing your work.
>>>

>>It sounds like the best job in the world to me, and what I would have
>>wanted to end up doing if things had worked out a bit better when I was
>>young.
>

> Are you sure you can't still go for it? I don't think it's ever
> too late. (This is my second career.)

Unlikely. I'm in my 40s working on my first undergrad degree. They
usually require a Ph.D. for university professors, and I'm not sure if I
will get that far. Even if I did, my age would count against me when it
came time for job hunting.

>>>More money would be nice, tho it won't be happening under the
>>>current administration. State budgets are strained to the max,
>>>federal grants and loans are on the chopping block, and the only
>>>way to keep the doors open is to increase tuition. Tuition in
>>>most state institutions has doubled in the past 5-6 years.
>>>

>>Sounds similar to the situation here.
>

> Kali

Message has been deleted

Nightingale

Dec 27, 2005, 3:46:19 PM12/27/05

Kali wrote:

>>>Are you sure you can't still go for it? I don't think it's ever
>>>too late. (This is my second career.)
>>>

>>Unlikely. I'm in my 40s working on my first undergrad degree. They
>>usually require a Ph.D. for university professors, and I'm not sure if I
>>will get that far. Even if I did, my age would count against me when it
>>came time for job hunting.
>

> I was 38 when I started back to college full time for the B.S.

I wish I could afford to go back full time, but I need to keep the job.

> Now I'm ~ your age, preparing for doctoral candidacy exams. If
> you love your field (music?), stick with it, and don't stop
> until you are doing what you want to be doing.

Yes, it's music that I'm interested in. I'll certainly be sticking with
the studies even if it doesn't end up getting me a job - I love it so
far, and I'm happiest when I'm learning new things.

> You've got
> another 25 years of career time to go! Connections for jobs come
> through conferences and shared interests with colleagues, and
> your age is actually a plus for teaching.

How so?

> I'm just saying don't
> rule it out simply because you think it's "too late". It's not.

I've actually looked at a few of the local job postings (the rare times
there are vacancies in music) and they ask for things that I will never
have because of my age. The last vacancy I saw wanted extensive
performance experience as well as the academic requirements, and
performance, at least for voice, is very ageist - I didn't start lessons
until my late 30s, and I'm continuing with it just to learn even though
I know that I wont ever have any kind of performing career.

Tholehole's Publicist

Dec 30, 2005, 10:06:04 PM12/30/05
*.* wrote:

That was some GRADE A baiting, Bruce. I wanted to nominate Shorts for
the Hook, Line and Sinker, but I never got around to it. Maybe the
FNVW will accept a belated nomination.

How about it, FNVW?

Frederick Shorts/Susan "FlabbyAss" Cohen/Michael Baldwin Bruce for
Pierre Salinger HL&S.

Any seconds?

Double-A

Dec 30, 2005, 10:16:20 PM12/30/05

Woodchuck Bill wrote:
> frogwa...@yahoo.ca wrote in
>
> > MBB ...
> >
> > 1) ... casually boasted about emailing Prof. Tholen's collegues
> > with his Usenet postings. ( As to whether or not he did so in RL
> > is anothjer issue. )
> >
> > 2) ... Impulsively declared that Monaghan was Bowtie ( ... not
> > the mistake of assuming the the poster is legitimate ) w/o
> > checking the x-abuse in the header ...
> >
> > 3) Fought back against Monaghan, the incoming FNVW in ...
> >
> http://groups.google.ca/group/rec.music.classical/msg/1632627e31c891fd
> >
> > I don't consider myself to be particularly adept at AUK politics;
> > nor do I waste much time educating myself in such things;
> > nevertheless, I know enough as to NOT make such basic mistakes.
> >
> > I mean honestly, just how *clueless* can a person be FOR REAL, eh?
> >
> > At times, I believed that MBB deliberately hid behind his apparent
> > thickheadedness. ... I would like to believe that it was so. I
> > am beginning to have my doubts. Yuk.
> >
> > Frankly, if he is really that dense then he's got to be one of the
> > all-time champions in the clueless category, IMO. I cannot believe
> > that the majority of those who are proposed and/or go on to win a
> > recognition of cluelessness are *that* out to lunch.
>
> All the evidence quoted above.
>
> _plus_
>
> Posting someone's name, address, and phone number in a Usenet post (or
> republishing it from a web source to Usenet) without their permission
> is just awful.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.israel/msg/0cc25f81bf00c8cc
>
> _and_
>
> Having no clue that his trigger-happy use of words like "kike" and
> "nigger" make him look like a fucking racist...even if he's trying (and
> the operative word is _trying_) to be funny.
>
> I nominate Michael Baldwin Bruce for Tar & Feathers. Seconds?
>

> Tar & Feathers...
> Reserved solely for the Terminally Clueless, those most highly
> incorrigible past all hope crusaders who in another time and reality
> would've been tarred and feathered and ridden out of town on a rail.
> Preferably one with a bridge out. Over a canyon.
>
> --
>
> Bill

I hereby SECOND the nomination of Michael Baldwin Bruce for the Tar &
Feathers award.

Double-A

Nightingale

Dec 30, 2005, 10:17:16 PM12/30/05

Tholehole's Publicist wrote:

> That was some GRADE A baiting, Bruce. I wanted to nominate Shorts for
> the Hook, Line and Sinker, but I never got around to it. Maybe the
> FNVW will accept a belated nomination.
>
> How about it, FNVW?
>
> Frederick Shorts/Susan "FlabbyAss" Cohen/Michael Baldwin Bruce for
> Pierre Salinger HL&S.

Why not include davie....@gmail.com and the tholen impersonations
while you're at it?

I don't think that the way he has treated Tholen, Cohen and others
counts as one of "the best, most inspired trolls on Usenet".

Susan Cohen

Dec 30, 2005, 11:47:13 PM12/30/05

On what basis do you make that claim, scumbag?

> > That was good & Shorts wasn't bad either.

Freddie was a netkop who knew how to handle Jew-hating scumbags like
Mr. Tholen.

> That was some GRADE A baiting, Bruce. I wanted to nominate Shorts for
> the Hook, Line and Sinker, but I never got around to it. Maybe the
> FNVW will accept a belated nomination.

You can always try.

> How about it, FNVW?
>
> Frederick Shorts/Susan "FlabbyAss" Cohen/Michael Baldwin Bruce for
> Pierre Salinger HL&S.

The best thing about playing both sides of the fence is the number of
fools who stick their heads out - all to eager to get them kicked in, I
suppose.

*.*

Dec 30, 2005, 11:51:12 PM12/30/05
Susan Cohen wrote:

Welcome back, Cohen.

>>>That was good & Shorts wasn't bad either.
>

> Freddie was a netkop who knew how to handle Jew-hating scumbags like
> Mr. Tholen.
>

>>That was some GRADE A baiting, Bruce. I wanted to nominate Shorts for
>>the Hook, Line and Sinker, but I never got around to it. Maybe the
>>FNVW will accept a belated nomination.
>

> You can always try.
>

>>How about it, FNVW?
>>
>>Frederick Shorts/Susan "FlabbyAss" Cohen/Michael Baldwin Bruce for
>>Pierre Salinger HL&S.
>

> The best thing about playing both sides of the fence is the number of
> fools who stick their heads out - all to eager to get them kicked in, I
> suppose.

So how many did you get?

It is loading more messages.