(no subject)

curt...@mailbox.bellatlantic.net

Jan 2, 2001, 3:35:19 AM1/2/01
Does anyone know much about Louisiana Baptist University

Steve Levicoff

Jan 2, 2001, 4:00:48 AM1/2/01
to curt...@bellatlantic.net
curt...@mailbox.bellatlantic.net wrote:

> Does anyone know much about Louisiana Baptist University

Degree mill. You can look them up in chapter 12 of my book "Name It &
Frame It" (full-text surfable from my home page), along with listings
for their various affiliates.

--
,-~~-.___.
/ | ' \

Harvesthills

Jan 2, 2001, 8:59:08 AM1/2/01
In article <3A5198C0...@ix.netcom.com>,

levi...@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> curt...@mailbox.bellatlantic.net wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know much about Louisiana Baptist University
>
> Degree mill. You can look them up in chapter 12 of my book "Name It &
> Frame It" (full-text surfable from my home page), along with listings
> for their various affiliates.

Steve:

An interesting notation can be found at their web site (www.lbu.edu)
and clicking on Academic Review (?). LBU tells of being evaluated by a
representative of Thomas Edison State College, who gives them a
positive review, calling LBU a school "on the rise."

Now, this certainly isn't RA, but it is interesting.

Regards,
HH

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Harvesthills

Jan 3, 2001, 8:26:30 AM1/3/01
In article <92uk5f$fqr$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
revjon...@my-deja.com wrote:
> In article <92smra$s16$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
> Steve, I read your book and found it very helpful, however I must
say that I
> attended a RA Presbyterian Seminary that allowed me to take 18 hours
of
> course work from Trinity Seminary in Indiana, and my RA school
transferred
> those credits and applied them toward my M.Div. Also, I wanted to
ask you If
> I have a RA seminary degree and an accreditted Bible College Degree
(AABC &
> TRACS) and then do my doctorat through a school like Louisiana Baptist
> University & Theological Seminary, does this give my docatorate more
> accredibility. What if my doctorate is from LBU, but I have RA
doctorate
> courses also, and my credentials read something like D.Min from New
> Orleans/Louisiana Baptist Theological Seminary. I am anxious to hear
your
> opinion and I will value it greatly.
>
> Grace & Peace.
> Rev. J

Rev. J:

What is the name of the RA Presbyterian seminary which allowed you 18
hours of transfer credit from Trinity?

Ken Lewchuk

Jan 3, 2001, 11:39:30 PM1/3/01
Trinity used to have a list of institutions on their web-site which have
accepted their degrees/credits (i.e. no guarantee, just the experience of
some past students). Many/most RA schools and some fairly prestigious ones.
However, I personally checked two prestigious evangelical seminaries and
neither would accept the credits.

"Harvesthills" <harves...@my-deja.com> wrote in message