Comments on Louisiana Baptist University

john...@my-deja.com

Jan 13, 2001, 9:05:40 AM1/13/01
Would appreciate if I can receive feedback regarding the legitimacy of
the above noted school! Some say it is comparable in stature to Bob
Jones University! Is this so?

Thanks in advanced

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

factw...@my-deja.com

Jan 13, 2001, 11:58:49 AM1/13/01
Please be wary of any information qouted from Dr John Bear's guides.

He has been accused of lying and fled off the forum.

The information in his guides may not be impartial.

In article <93pnbj$g5c$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

Steve Levicoff

Jan 13, 2001, 2:10:43 PM1/13/01
john...@my-deja.com wrote:

> Would appreciate if I can receive feedback regarding the legitimacy of
> the above noted school! Some say it is comparable in stature to Bob
> Jones University! Is this so?

You will find some comments on them in my book "Name It & Frame It,"
full-text surfable from my home page. Check out chapter 12, along with
a couple of references to their related . . . endeavors.

--
,-~~-.___.
/ | ' \

john...@my-deja.com

Jan 13, 2001, 5:41:46 PM1/13/01
Thanks Steve,

I read your book but was wondering whether since authoring this text
have there been any significant changes in the acceptability of degrees
from this university? Are there improved opportunities for employment
in academia for instance? Would appreciate your comments!

In article <3A60A833...@ix.netcom.com>,

Steve Levicoff

Jan 13, 2001, 5:59:41 PM1/13/01
john...@my-deja.com wrote:

> Thanks Steve,
>
> I read your book but was wondering whether since authoring this text
> have there been any significant changes in the acceptability of degrees
> from this university? Are there improved opportunities for employment
> in academia for instance? Would appreciate your comments!

Quite honestly, John, I have no idea. The last time I revised NIFI was
in 1995, and I have not looked at Louisiana Baptist U. at all since
then.

Thus, my only opinion, quite generally, is that it is best to avoid
schools that can be questioned in any context, since there are enough
schols out there that are credible, hold a legitimate accreditation,
etc. that one need not consider any of the "others."